Holiday and Cartel Market sales for 2023

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, 

Saw a few questions about what sales/events are happening this month and during the holiday break. We are rolling out a different sales format this year, so I’m going to be breaking them down below for clarity and so you all know what to expect in the coming weeks. 

Events

• Life Day starts today and will run until January 9th! 
  • Double XP event will run from December 24 to January 4, 2024

Sales

A 50% Collection Unlock sale will run from December 20 to January 9, 2024. 

The Coruscant and Kaas City Strongholds are discounted to 12 credits (down from 5000) until the next game update

Players can expect to see special 30-50% off discounts on anniversary and daily sales on some of the most popular items on the Cartel Market. 

Below is a breakdown of all the starting dates for each of these sales!

To celebrate Life Day, we will be running unique daily sales beginning December 13 to December 20: 

• Life Day Tinsel Bomb Toy (Dec 13)
  • Life Day Surprise Toy (Dec 14)
  • Life Day Robes Armor Set (Dec 15)
  • Merry Ice Tromper Mount (Dec 16)
  • Life Day Snowball Cannon Toy (Dec 17)
  • Life Day Orb Toy (Dec 18)
  • Festive Tauntaun Mount (Dec 19)
  • Life Day Fireplace Decoration (Dec 20)

Note that other Life Day, winter, festive items will also be on sale such as the Wampa Companion, snow globes, and festive weapon tuning, and a comprehensive list can be found on the Popular tab in the Cartel Market. These are on sale beginning today and until December 20th. 

The below are our special Anniversary sales and will run from December 20 to January 4: 

• 5-pack: Major Experience Boost
  • Commander's Compendium - 3 Pack
  • Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle
  • Thexan's Armor Set
  • Satele Shan's Dualsaber
  • Darth Nul's Lightsaber
  • Tulak Hord's Lightsaber

We’re featuring some popular items from December 21 to January 4. These are daily sales: 

• Elite Mandalorian Bundle (Dec 21)
  • Executioner Lightning Weapon Tuning (Dec 22)
  • Mischief & Anarchy Blaster Pistols (Dec 23)
  • Tau's Lightsaber (Dec 24)
  • Armor of Darth Revan Set (Dec 25)
  • Onderon Guardian Bundle (Dec 26)
  • Dark Side Hssiss Mount (Dec 27)
  • Zakuul Knight Armor Set (Dec 28)
  • Stronghold Cantina Decoration Bundle (Dec 29)
  • Sensuous Dress Armor Set (Dec 30)
  • Heartless Pursuer Armor Set (Dec 31)
  • Imperial Reaper's Armor Set (Jan 1)
  • Incinerator Weapon Tuning (Jan 2)
  • Twisted Fang Lightsaber (Jan 3)

I hope this breakdown was helpful and that you all enjoy the holiday sales coming up! 

EDIT: Added info around the Collection Unlock sale and additional Life day items. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 12

Half of the collectibles from the event "life day" are missing. Wampa companion, flair,snowstorm speeder, festive snow all weapon tuning , festive weapon tuning. Why did you remove discounts on collection unlocks? Why this useless sale, when before everything was on sale, there were also bundles

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Getting rid of the collection unlock sale is a bad move. It's something long-established in the game, and I'm sure it's because Broadsword wants to make more money, but yikes, getting rid of something that happens every year? Bad choice. I usually buy CCs around the holidays to fund my unlocks. I won't be buying any CCs this year -- don't care about the sales. Rethink this.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

In lieu of Collection Unlock and character transfer sales, players can expect to see special 30-50% off discounts on anniversary and daily sales on some of the most popular items on the Cartel Market. 

To say this is extremely, extremely disappointing might be the understatement of the year.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Chiming in to say that I also am very disappointed at the lack of a Collections unlock sale, and I hope this is reversed. I've been looking forward to it.

That said, I doubt the devs are the ones who decide sales, it's probably the higher-ups at EA rather than the actual game devs at Broadsword, so don't blame the people who work directly on the game.

• Like 8

No discount on collection unlocks is quite disappointing tbh.

And that list of discount is as well, there's nothing that interests me there either, as that's stuff i already have or stuff i'd not buy anyways.

Guess i'll just wait longer for the stuff i want to be on flash sales.

• Like 1

How very dissapointing. Was so looking forward to collection unlock discount to unlock some armor and weapons I've bought. Now that is gone, which is a huge let down.

Not liking this new thing you're trying. I want to get what I want to buy, not what you want us to buy.

Please rethink this, as it's a bad idea all around, and not in the spirit of the holidays.

• Like 3

Can I ask why instead of the collection unlock sale this format? It seems arbitrary and unnecessary to enact a change when there has been a player enjoyed and appreciated format for many life day seasons thus far. "If it's not broken, don't fix it"

so the change up is becaauuseeee.... why, exactly? 🤔

So...

12 credits for the Apartments. Instead of 5k. What exactly is the point of this? You can make this in like 1 mission in-game.

And no collection unlock? I'm a new player, I've been waiting for this to buy CC to unlock some stuff across my entire account, for glams and the like.
Guess I won't be doing that.

What a joke.

Feels like this is just greed talking.

Hey, we'll give you a 30-50% discount on some of this stuff, you may already have or simply don't want.
Instead of letting you unlock it across your account like usual.
Screw you, better luck next year.

This sums it up best, I think.

3f910a7c-3d34-47a5-85b9-76b552daa737_text.gif.fc7c000014f856bc28845072459e781f.gif

Edited by YshtolaRhul

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

In lieu of Collection Unlock and character transfer sales, players can expect to see special 30-50% off discounts on anniversary and daily sales on some of the most popular items on the Cartel Market.

How about a big NO on this. I don't care at all about getting to buy more crap from the CM on a "special sale". I want to be able to unlock the crap that I have been waiting on a collection unlock sale for. As well as a character transfer sale, to bring the different legacys I have on each server up to date with each other.

Very disappointing. It is like, here we got you this empty box for christmas, and we have thoughtfully included a coupon for 30-50% off discounts, for only the items we want to sell you, not the items you want. Oh, and you will have to buy your own wrapping papper and ship the package to yourself at full price.

Edited by Flying-Brian

Want to first thank you for your hard work, and I'm guessing a lot of thought went into what would and wouldn't be on sale. I can clearly see many of the hot items did end up on the daily sales list, so I know the Devs were paying attention to our requests.

I, like many others, had grown so used to the collection sales, that we have bought and saved CC or went through the trouble of grinding  for CC on other servers through GS.  So, it does come as a bit of a shock there is no collection sales whatsover.

I would like to suggest that the sale items, as they come up on the CM, have an equivalent unlock sale in collections. This used to occur in the past a few years ago -- that a sale item on the CM had a corresponding Collection sale. It's a kind of a compromise for the players whom had come to expect collection sales. 

While I would love to hear the reasoning behind the "no collection unlock sales", I don't think it would change the overall opinion or grief that's already being posted on this thread. I wouldn't want to put you into a situation for people to use it as fuel for unnecessary attacks.

My ideal choice or compromise if the Devs would consider it in the near future -- a rotating collection unlock sale. Just a single category like "armor" for one week, then followed by a different category for another week, perhaps lumping Toys, Emotes, and Titles into a single collection unlock sale. You can easily skip things like Comanion Customizations - and frankly if you wanted to keep earning money, skip Tunings and Companion Unlocks.  That or pick Companions and not Armor, since Armor is often are biggest space barbie financial investment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YshtolaRhul said:

And no collection unlock? I'm a new player, I've been waiting for this to buy CC to unlock some stuff across my entire account, for glams and the like.
Guess I won't be doing that.

What a joke.

Dear Devs,

Please take note of the response posts in this thread.  We only post here because we truly love and care for this game.  This announcement is incredibly disappointing to players both "new" and "old". 

As someone that has been subbed and actively playing this game essentially non-stop since launch, I own almost 90% of all offerings in collections at this point.  What gets someone like me to continue to buy cartel coins after twelve years of playing this game:

• Collections unlock sales
  • Seasonal releases of rare and unique Cartel Market items

Since neither of these are essentially being offered this year (I still can't believe that the Snowtacular flair, the snow tuning, or the Wampa companion are not returning), I simply have no reason to purchase Cartel Coins this holiday season, which is a massive disappointment.

Aside from the fact that I am extremely disappointed about missing out on purchasing these seasonal items that I have not yet unlocked, I am more concerned for the future of this game if we are bucking trends for seasonal sales that have been staples around here since launch.  I would think that the goal would be to get players purchasing more Cartel Coins for unlock sales and seasonal offerings, not to frustrate both new and older players into closing their wallets and purses.

As you can see from all of these other posts, both new and old players feel the same way.  Please rethink these ideas to not offer these holiday sales and unlocks.

Best Wishes.

Edited by Siita
Color highlight
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2