7.4 Kessan Landing Saboteur/loyalist bug

BatTurtle

• 4 weeks later...

Well I was afraid of this. Second time it's happened.  The question to me is WHERE is this option supposed to be.  If it's early on I will have missed it.  If it's toward the end,  I got suspicious at what I THINK might be the last convo.  It felt wrong so I escaped out of it.  If it's during that convo I'm ok.  :(  But I don't want my agent forced out of saboteur. And I'm frustrated they keep seeing this as an afterthought: they HAVE to know by the time people catch it, it's probably too late unless they are going to give us a 'redo' option.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not if I'm passed that point in the story...I am not dealing with SIS at this point but with a cathar and a Darth.  I can't even remember seeing the SIS. That bug fix is why I asked.  This is something like the third time they messed up saboteur and its a BAD mess up each time because you can't go replay it. It's not enough to say oops better late than never. Or even that you won't get dinged really. I've missed part of the story I should've been playing.  

3 minutes ago, RebelJedaii said:

Not if I'm passed that point in the story...I am not dealing with SIS at this point but with a cathar and a Darth.  I can't even remember seeing the SIS. That bug fix is why I asked.  This is something like the third time they messed up saboteur and its a BAD mess up each time because you can't go replay it. It's not enough to say oops better late than never. Or even that you won't get dinged really. I've missed part of the story I should've been playing.  

i hear you  but the jury's still out on that ^ edge-case  type situation.

So hopefully the  DEVS/Coders  have already accounted for it  ( or will after they see your thread/post )  in the coming patch.

@JackieKo , any intel  about this specific circumstance yet?

Hi ! Indeed, when I saw that a fix was going to take place. The first question I asked myself was “what about the characters who have already completed Kessan’s story arc?” I'm in this situation too, I played my saboteur character on the Imperial side first to discover the expansion and I only learned afterwards that the quest was bugged. So I was wondering if it was going to be possible to redo the story mission, even if I don't have much hope on this subject 😥 ... If we could have some clarification on this point, that would be great. 😉

7 hours ago, RebelJedaii said:

i feel you. i had a saboteur agent i created and got to the become a saboteur 3 days before SECRETS OF THE ENCLAVE began. did that storyline and lost the saboteur option because it was bugged.

If I still cared about the story I would be majorly annoyed at what's basically ruining sabateur runs.   Especially since the only main story char I've taken through the new content was a Sab.  

Only reason I'm taking any of my chars through the new stuff now is for the new daily areas.   Too many bugs and very few of the new chars seem half as interesting as even the most boring of the original class comps.

Alright, the fix worked for me, but I had to reset the quest first. On the warrior who was already on Ord Mantell, but who I had chosen to postpone playing until the fix, the saboteur option didn't turn up the first time I retried the quest. Resetting it and redoing the initial stage of the quest got me the saboteur option with the SIS dude though.

I've reset twice and it still isn't working. Is there a specific set of conversation options that I'm missing when it shows up? I can get it to where I'm actually talking to them but nothing.

Edited by frutepy
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Just got to this mission on my toon and I see no saboteur option either when dealing with SIS. I have reset the mission already three times. Has anyone managed to do something about it or should I contact customer support?

Hi, unfortunately, I had already done the story quest with my saboteur character before learning of the bug, so I was not able to take advantage of the dedicated dialogue options. But normally, the bug was indicated as fixed. So if you've only just started Kessan's story, you should have had the saboteur options. I don't seem to have seen any message indicating that it was still bugged. 🤔

It's still bugged for me for one thing. I started my Warrior on the storyline after the patch was released to 'fix' the saboteur option not showing up, and it is still not showing up for him. Reset the mission twice now and still no option with the SIS. I have several Imp Saboteurs and kinda stuck now. I don't want to have to drag another of them through this story only to find they're also stuck in the same place. I already lost out on my Hunter who I took through the story before I ever knew there was supposed to be a Saboteur option there.

Edited by Farferello

3 hours ago, Farferello said:

It's still bugged for me for one thing. I started my Warrior on the storyline after the patch was released to 'fix' the saboteur option not showing up, and it is still now showing up for him. Reset the mission twice now and still no option with the SIS. I have several Imp Saboteurs and kinda stuck now. I don't want to have to drag another of them through this story only to find they're also stuck in the same place. I already lost out on my Hunter who I took through the story before I ever knew there was supposed to be a Saboteur option there.

Same on my Inquisitor back in January, first i'm seeing this and now i'm super tee'd

Tried to play this with my second saboteur but it's still bugged. Now I luckily knew when to esc out. Lost one saboteur to this bug and now I have two imp sabouteurs still waiting this to be fixed. Have to try if another bug (loyalist presumed saboteur) still exist. It's not easy to be an imp 😒

Edited by tmjfinn

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this will help anyone or if others already figured it out, but...

Spoiler

Imperial Saboteur

A Favor or Two: Confront the Mechanic

If you are talking with Mechanic, during the first round of dialog choices, don't choise 1. [Play along]. It will not shown any [Saboteur] options in any future selections when dealing with SIS. (Of course you can go without killing them during this, but looking for [Saboteur], right?)

Choices 2. - 4. got me [Saboteur] options to contact Jonas as 1. choice in next dialog selection.

• Thanks 1