So... what's your take on the new content? (spoilers)

VanessaBlackrose

t

Too short... (no shocker there)   Took me less than 90  min to do the entire story.  Arn seems more authoratative, which I am glad, he's a decent guy.  Sa'har... traitor. Period. I doubt I'll forgive her on my toon. She let Heta take the holocron...  her loyalties are, "divided", Ya don't say, Sa'har! (duh)  Area wise, not too bad. Typical Ord landscape. Best part was kicking Varad's tush in the end.. 

Edited by VanessaBlackrose

I was angry to encounter the voiceless interface, I really, really dislike it being used for main quest content, but it was especially frustrating this time because it was randomly implemented at odd points during the mission, in between scenes where the main character was voiced. There was even one point where the game was giving me voiceless interface but my character was still voiced in overworld banter with Petra. Broadsword please stop using this interface for main quests, it is not fun to play with.

The content itself was ok I guess. Better than the last Voss update because at least there were some minor differences between Empire and Republic and it involved known characters.

• Like 6

Personally, i liked it. Was happy to see Rass Ordo again, that guy never ceases to amuse me. The newly introduced characters are OK too. I still don't trust

Spoiler

Sa'har or her motivation. About Shae and her absence, i think she is on board her flagship, the SoV 2, with some of her other advisors ( Khomo Fett?) .

I actually really enjoyed it, more than I expected to. Beautiful locations, pretty cutscenes, class specific dialogue, my character actually using the force, and enjoyable companion banter. And Krovos always elevates every scene she's in, her voice alone is like honey. The first dialogue between her and Gizmel is in my opinion one of the best written and voiced dialogues since ages.

Of course I share all your complaints about the non-voiced cutscenes though, and we always wish for more content. But what we got was surprisingly good. 

I did enjoy it. Both Rep and Imp sides were different, apart from the start before you go to Ord Mantell. Good to see the plot moving foreward, as it seemed to be a bit stuck with the whole Mandalorian story. 

Now I wonder what Malgus is really up to, been some time since we've had any mention of him. 

it was ok, it was fine, but considering we get 2 story update per year, the story moves forward/advances slowly, i hope they wrap up malgus story for the last time within 2 or maximum 3 years, then i really want completely new story with new characters and new villain, something totally new, that would be great.  

It was okay. Shame it's so short lol and still story didn't progress even a bit... but was okay. Being able to bolster your faction with e.g cooling rods, you can either save cooling rods or prisoners, being able to kill or imprison Tyrus... and all of it is mentioned later on in story or via mail. At least I feel my actions had some consequences.
I hope though 7.5 will be bigger than 7.4 and will be having more arc in one story, not only one.

7 hours ago, Whykara said:

And Krovos always elevates every scene she's in, her voice alone is like honey. The first dialogue between her and Gizmel is in my opinion one of the best written and voiced dialogues since ages.

Feel a bit mean saying this but I can't stand Krovos because her accent is terrible. They have a load of fantastic UK VA at their fingertips who can already provide a perfect "posh" UK voice and it *slightly* offends and irritates me they didn't pick one of those. As a result, Krovos is like fingernails down a blackboard to me. :( It's been bugging me for a while x)

• Like 1

I agree -- too short 

I am not a fan of the Mando story, I know a bunch of people love it, but I'd rather get a move on the other ...

Hate Ord Mantel lol, sorry -- never liked it 

And I too hated the "black box "  -- I figured that would happen though -- <sigh> guess I'll have to get used to it 

4 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

haven't played thru yet, just a short question: are there opportunities for saboteurs on either side? just hoping this aspect hasn't been ditched.

didn't see any on the Republic side -- but then I wasn't looking --- the black boxes kind of bored me to death -- I got through them as fast as I could; just something I wanted to pick an answer and be done with it --- that's really a shame too 

15 hours ago, JuventusAndFCK said:

I was angry to encounter the voiceless interface, I really, really dislike it being used for main quest content, but it was especially frustrating this time because it was randomly implemented at odd points during the mission, in between scenes where the main character was voiced. There was even one point where the game was giving me voiceless interface but my character was still voiced in overworld banter with Petra. Broadsword please stop using this interface for main quests, it is not fun to play with.

The content itself was ok I guess. Better than the last Voss update because at least there were some minor differences between Empire and Republic and it involved known characters.

Yes this please enough of this and forcing us to use temp and otherwise compaions I dont want to use. make them like the Jesus Bot in single player FPs. And was ticked at all the running around to find basilisk stuff and there was no payout at all.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Solo-Jo said:

Yes this please enough of this and forcing us to use temp and otherwise compaions I dont want to use. make them like the Jesus Bot in single player FPs. And was ticked at all the running around to find basilisk stuff and there was no payout at all.

I only really care about adventuring with my companions if they interact with the story content myself. Broadsword couldn't realistically do that for all companions but I'd love if they focused on giving us options at the very least, they should plan ahead what companions to encourage for a given set of updates. For example I'd be thrilled if they for example decided to include Torian, Akavi and Rass all for the Mandalorian content and then use them consistently. It wouldn't be the same as being able to choose between all our companions, but it would be much more fun to replay if I could get the various interactions and reactions from at least a few realistic companion options.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jazulfi said:

I can't stand Krovos because her accent is terrible.

It's very easy for me to forgive odd-ish accents in Star Wars. Who knows where Krovos is actually from. Different accents add to the lore. The posh UK voice in lore is the Dromund Kaas accent. Krovos most likely is not from Dromund Kaas.

I came on pretty much when Ord was starting to die off population wise,for me I did not suffer the memory leaks that was all over the chats,but I did notice when killing the new world boss almost non of us got any loot,no CQ pts or any rewards or lore whatnot,just 3/4 of the team dead from the 1st aoe spam.

truthfully this slow burn is getting really annoying its good story I guess but no new comp (you know which one I mean) kind of sucked and it was way to short and really did nothing to advance the story like at all.  

what happened to full blown expansions and now that BS is in control hopefully this nonsense gets resolved cause its defiantly making me reconsider my sub

• Like 1

considering that the last "major patch" was 8 months ago and we play a monthly sub of ~12€ the "new content" is just a big KEKW.

Like actually, if most of us wouldn't be deep into sunk cost fallacy we all would've unsubbed long ago. A new server? A new gear level? Its cool, but it doesn't get BW or BS anywhere, its just not good enough

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Solo-Jo said:

Very disappointed - after KOTFE/KOTET and the Malgus storyline this felt like a total waste of time.  If this is the best that can be done, please just wrap it up and end it.  To me, it was not in keeping with the story that has been developed from the inception.  I have done this part once and won't do it again.

• Like 2

The story arent bad.

The great problem about what we got in patch as content.

Lets write pluses

Story (short but its a story).

New daily area and new achievements.

New tier of gear. Its makes game populated again for sone time.

Now about minuses

Why need to waste all resources for remaking shadow quality for cut scene? Really all who love this game dont come here for next gen cinematic for this we got PS games.

Devs can create new event.

Can make NiM opses popular again, adding new tier and uniq design of sets. By adding new mode with features that will teach newbies, just adding all mechanics from NiM, but without dmg punishment with some debuff that boss become immune to dmg until u dont follow boss mechanics.

Rebalancing pvp bolster on arena, that people in any gear got same top stats for their class. Its dont fix the low skill players problem, but at list 324 IR dont die in 10 seconds.

Rebalancing 8 vs 8 that it was more tactical, adding new 8 vs 8 death matches who love kill farming, and separate them in pvp finder. Add some bonuses for queue as heal and tanks there.

About GSF i even dobt write coz it lives only when we got season goals.

But what we get shadow quality?( Really for what? Anyone really want them or u ask players what u want new content or new changes in graphics?

On 12/5/2023 at 11:32 PM, JuventusAndFCK said:

I agree with not being a fan of the black bars interface, I think I rather just have the cut scene play out as normal and keep my character silent rather than see the bars personally on these scenes. It just automatically makes me feel the moment is less important but in this case it is important. I don't mind it in the voss bit of 7.3 because it established the difference form planetary arc to main quest but here in the main story was odd.

Still that was my only gripe, I did really enjoy the story as it is, loved the class specific moments, both on finding old chars but also the unique animations for each class on cutscenes on how they handle situations. I also agree with OP we definitely see the development of Arn, he was more calm and in charge of the situation which was great to see.  I did enjoy the way they introduced Sahar here as well. The cutscenes were also well done, great lighting, great photo moments, etc. Already done all dailies, heroics and and world boss and those are pretty good as well.  Of course I wish the story itself was longer, but they do what they can and I'm just glad we are still getting voiced story content with great cutscenes.