Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

1 hour ago, Dyne- said:

Hey Jackie. I'm not sure if it's been reported already, but there is a bit of a delay in between skill activation. As if my characters alacrity is suddenly too low or the GCD has increased. I'm not sure if it's due to the changes in stats or not, but with full 332 pvp gear this wasn't an issue. I'm in full 336 pvp gear (alacrity focus and device) and it just isn't the same as before.

9 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

I'm talking to a few people on my team to see if there's any info I can share back with you all to determine what the issue is with the freezing screens/unable to log into the game. I am asking that further comments only come from players who are directly impacted by this specific issue so we can track the conversation. If conversation continues to derail, I will have to lock the thread and open it back up when I have an update for everyone who is experiencing this issue. Thanks for your understanding! 

8 hours ago, curulz said:

I am all for them adding back in the name of the seller.  But that isn't just what the OP said.  They said they wanted protection from buying their own supply from the toon they're currently on.  Sorry, that is just lazy.  If you're too lazy to stop for a second and check your own listings before buying the same thing on the same toon, then that is on them.  While pre7.4 helped to keep from buying from one of your alts, it wasn't exactly protection that they claimed, but it was helpful.  So I find clamoring for the devs to put that in is what I find a silly waste of resources.  Its asking for an elaborate fix to a simple problem.  Again, just on the prevention part...not about adding back the name of the seller.  

Fair enough. I don't remember what the OP said, so I'll take your word for it. I don't think anyone would buy from the same character they are about to sell with too, because I usually check the sales side first (if I need to renew something) before listing anything new. My concern is buying from your own alts. Having the seller name would prevent that, and had they kept it visible, there wouldn't be a problem at all.

3 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Fair enough. I don't remember what the OP said, so I'll take your word for it. I don't think anyone would buy from the same character they are about to sell with too, because I usually check the sales side first (if I need to renew something) before listing anything new. My concern is buying from your own alts. Having the seller name would prevent that, and had they kept it visible, there wouldn't be a problem at all.

9 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

I'm talking to a few people on my team to see if there's any info I can share back with you all to determine what the issue is with the freezing screens/unable to log into the game. I am asking that further comments only come from players who are directly impacted by this specific issue so we can track the conversation. If conversation continues to derail, I will have to lock the thread and open it back up when I have an update for everyone who is experiencing this issue. Thanks for your understanding! 

With all due respect, the initial loading screen freezing club would very much appreciate it if you would do as @JackieKo asked and thus save this thread from getting locked and disappear along with our glimmering hopes for salvation.

Edited by Melaras

On the advice of OwenBrooks, I tried deleting the "ShadowyKai_AccountDev" file from my hard drive. It didn't help.

(There was also a file called "ShadowyKai_Account," which I didn't touch, because he didn't say anything about it.)

You know, I went through something similar to this about three years or so ago.

I had a very old Star Wars : The Old Republic account, one that I had played back when the game first launched in 2011.

In early 2021, I tried logging back into it. The first server I reached, I was able to log in to fine, but when I tried to switch to a different server, the account froze up, and it's been like that ever since.

At that time, somebody suggested this same idea of deleting the "ACCOUNTNAME_AccountDev" file. It didn't work back then, either. I couldn't figure out how to get that old account working, and eventually I just gave up.

I don't know if this matters, but ... On that old account, the first legacy, the one I was able to log in to successfully, was under the character limit. But the account froze up when I tried to switch to a legacy that was over the character limit.

It was over the character limit because of that "United Forces" server merge in 2017, that replaced the previous 17 servers with the current 5 (before Shae Vizla was added). In the merge, all of a player's characters on as many as 3 or 5 legacies were all placed into a single legacy on a new server, resulting, in some cases, with players having 100 or more characters on a single legacy. Those of you who have been in the game long enough will, surely, remember what I'm talking about.

I thought, perhaps, it was that huge overabundance of characters on that legacy that caused it to freeze up.

Edited by ShadowyKai
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

On the advice of OwenBrooks, I tried deleting the "ShadowyKai_AccountDev" file from my hard drive. It didn't help.

(There was also a file called "ShadowyKai_Account," which I didn't touch, because he didn't say anything about it.)

You know, I went through something similar to this about three years or so ago.

I had a very old Star Wars : The Old Republic account, one that I had played back when the game first launched in 2011.

In early 2021, I tried logging back into it. The first server I reached, I was able to log in to fine, but when I tried to switch to a different server, the account froze up, and it's been like that ever since.

At that time, somebody suggested this same idea of deleting the "ACCOUNTNAME_AccountDev" file. It didn't work back then, either. I couldn't figure out how to get that old account working, and eventually I just gave up.

I don't know if this matters, but ... On that old account, the first legacy, the one I was able to log in to successfully, was under the character limit. But the account froze up when I tried to switch to a legacy that was over the character limit.

It was over the character limit because of that "United Forces" server merge in 2017, that replaced the previous 17 servers with the current 5 (before Shae Vizla was added). In the merge, all of a player's characters on as many as 3 or 5 legacies were all placed into a single legacy on a new server, resulting, in some cases, with players having 100 or more characters on a single legacy. Those of you who have been in the game long enough will, surely, remember what I'm talking about.

I thought, perhaps, it was that huge overabundance of characters on that legacy that caused it to freeze up.

it seems we need to bring old settings back to swtor before 7.4 , 7.3 was fine...

@JackieKo, I have just received an email from support telling me that they are closing my ticket about the initial loading screen freezing issue.

I replied that they shouldn't close it as they have neither responded to my queries nor provided a working solution, but I think it's best if I mention it here as well in order for everyone who faces the same issue to be aware of the situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

The accounts have other Jedi Knights and other characters on Shae Vizla that they CAN log in to. The only discernible difference is that those are the only two characters they have on Tython.

Maybe that information will help, I don't know. The only thing I know for sure is that this is making me crazy.

what are the account displaynames of all these accounts ?

For those 2 accounts can you raise tickets for stuck characters and unable to login to them

Edited by OwenBrooks

25 minutes ago, HanniShindeiru said:

just please fix the game :( freezed loading issuess , it seems delaying me to do GS 5

Customer service says that all the relevant data have been sent to the developers and they are working on it but there's no ETA at this point.

8 minutes ago, HanniShindeiru said:

gotcha , i am still waiting tho , i am feels just play another online game while waiting swtor getting fixed.

Yeah, it's rather disappointing. The transition from the excitement and anticipation of new content and gear upgrades to not being able to login is annoying to say the least.

Ah well, as @Lord_Malganus said the other day, this is the destiny of every SWTOR player and will occur to all sooner or later. So, let's accept that this time it's our turn and hope that we are lucky and the issue is something that can be fixed.

Edited by Melaras

The loss of the ability to shift-click into the GTN screen is devastating.  I used to be able to search for crafting mats right from the recipe page, or from the Sell tab of the GTN.  This is a huge functional loss for people that actually play the game.

• Like 3

so 3 days later and still no solution ? ..so much for seasons or GC or the 3 guilds i lead or the other several who depend on me ..each passing day is turning me against this game ,been a paying sub for many many years ,spent way too much supporting this game ..fought with several PC to make this game run over the years..but the last "upgrade" needed total control of my PC ( i was forced to wipe my entire sysytem for this to run ) and all i saw was trees blowin out of the ground ..and now its the same damn problem again all for friggin wrinkles ..i am not erasing 8 months of stuff on my PC just to play again and no im not buying a new PC after every " upgrade " so i guess me and the others  who aren't able to play are just boned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trebor-droffig said:

so 3 days later and still no solution ? ..so much for seasons or GC or the 3 guilds i lead or the other several who depend on me ..each passing day is turning me against this game ,been a paying sub for many many years ,spent way too much supporting this game ..fought with several PC to make this game run over the years..but the last "upgrade" needed total control of my PC ( i was forced to wipe my entire sysytem for this to run ) and all i saw was trees blowin out of the ground ..and now its the same damn problem again all for friggin wrinkles ..i am not erasing 8 months of stuff on my PC just to play again and no im not buying a new PC after every " upgrade " so i guess me and the others  who aren't able to play are just boned.

yeah :( 

14 hours ago, JackieKo said:

@CadeStive @TrixxieTriss

The team needs more info!

• When do you see the memory climbing?  Is it at character select, or open world, PvP, Ops, etc...?
    • Do you see it all the time or just with certain areas and activities?
  • Anything that can help us reproduce your exact experience would be helpful.

For me it was like this:

1. I did the DF op, finished it and left the op.

2. I tried to go back to my fleet penthouse SH without leaving the group and it got stuck. I waited and waited and finally decided to just restart the game.

This was yesterday after the patch.

Edited by sithBracer

6 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

Indeed, our patience doesn't mean that we will be waiting for ever. I think my limit is going to be the weekend, then it's farewell and adieu.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Good morning, 

We're still looking into the freezing screen issue. But we do need confirmation on one thing. 

@Melaras @HanniShindeiru Can you confirm that SWTOR is on the allowlist for you anti-virus/firewall? 

Right, it's morning for you! Good morning then.

Yes, and I even tried with both completely disabled.

• Dev Post

Hi again, 

Currently, we are tracking two issues:

• Freezing loading screen
  • Memory leak in certain parts of the game.

The team is asking for more information which I will detail below. I am asking for responses from only players who are impacted by these issues and can provide the answers we need in order to troubleshoot further.

For players who are experience the freezing screen issue: 

• Does your application become unresponsive and you crash or does the loading screen just sit there forever? 
  • Does using control + U twice close the loading screen and allow you to play the game?

For players who are experiencing a memory leak: 

• Does this happen for all your characters? 
    • If only specific ones, which characters? 
  • Does this happen on every server? 
    • If only specific ones, which server(s)? 

Again, if you are not a player experiencing the above issues, please give impacted players the space to provide the info we need. 

Thanks! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi again, 

Currently, we are tracking two issues:

• Freezing loading screen
  • Memory leak in certain parts of the game.

The team is asking for more information which I will detail below. I am asking for responses from only players who are impacted by these issues and can provide the answers we need in order to troubleshoot further.

For players who are experience the freezing screen issue: 

• Does your application become unresponsive and you crash or does the loading screen just sit there forever? 
  • Does using control + U twice close the loading screen and allow you to play the game?

For players who are experiencing a memory leak: 

• Does this happen for all your characters? 
    • If only specific ones, which characters? 
  • Does this happen on every server? 
    • If only specific ones, which server(s)? 

Again, if you are not a player experiencing the above issues, please give impacted players the space to provide the info we need. 

Thanks! 

Does your application become unresponsive and you crash or does the loading screen just sit there forever?  = yes its forever freezed like that 

Does using control + U twice close the loading screen and allow you to play the game? = i am never tried ctrl+u but i do minimized the game by shift+enter to make it windowed but still freezed

• Thanks 1

• Dev Post
Just now, HanniShindeiru said:

Does your application become unresponsive and you crash or does the loading screen just sit there forever?  = yes its forever freezed like that 

Does using control + U twice close the loading screen and allow you to play the game? = i am never tried ctrl+u but i do minimized the game by shift+enter to make it windowed but still freezed

Please use control +U and let us know what happens. Thanks! 

• Haha 1

Question:  will a memory leak cause a BSOD with a page file error on windows 11?  If so, It happened to me this morning.  I was actively playing on the Leviathan from about 8:30 PM till about 3:30 AM (ET).  Took my Assassin through the Black Talon (story), all the Dromund Kaas heroics and the exploration missions up to the class check in.  I then pulled out my Jedi Knight and ran him through the Esseles (story), all the Coruscant Heroics, checked in with class mission and grabbed the two exploration missions and then parked him at the Dealer's Den.  Then I pulled out my Juggernaut and ran the Profit and Plunder chapter where I got the BSOD on the final boss.

Running Asus Rog Strix z-690 E, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti,  48G Ram,  i5 12600K

Edited by Jursy
Puter Specs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.