Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

What the heck?

I was playing just fine until 3 hours ago, then i had to leave. So i comeback, try to log in and the game just can't start. What have you done this time? Did my pc requeriments suddenly arent enough like they were 3 hours ago?

Edited by filhodafilha
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanniShindeiru said:

i see , some people are now get the issues

With every patch released, issues arise that literally stop people from playing the game. Not by choice but because their game is broken. Loosing players every patch release is obviously not concerning at all to Broadsword and Since people only care about what directly affects them, the game goes on. So until something not QC'ed gets released and breaks the game for them (and it will eventually) they don't care either.

18 minutes ago, curulz said:

What the other poster is suggesting is the devs need to come up with a way for them not to do something stupid and it needs to be done fast because who knows when stupid may appear.

let me tell you this.

the old GTN has a protection that you never ever can buy your own chars stuff at all.

the showing seller name was also the reason a lot of people not buy there toons stuff at all also on the GTN.

all the 2 things are gone now in the new GTN layout and that is what people not trust anymore.

have you read the PTS thread about it i bet from not.

people have give there feedback about it and it shows there not like it at all so the devs need to respect it also what the feedback players give from there test servers.

the other thread i have make about this problem is showing something diffrend what you talk about.

there are a more people that are not happy with it that you can buy your own stuff and there is no protection for it anymore.

what there can do is add for exemple a legacy protection that all the chars on the same legacy cant buy stuff from each other on the GTN.

i give no damm about it anymore if there going to fix this or not but there are going to understand good its going to hurt the GTN really hard when people stop selling stuff on it or buy stuff on it.

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Hi all, 

I'm talking to a few people on my team to see if there's any info I can share back with you all to determine what the issue is with the freezing screens/unable to log into the game. I am asking that further comments only come from players who are directly impacted by this specific issue so we can track the conversation. If conversation continues to derail, I will have to lock the thread and open it back up when I have an update for everyone who is experiencing this issue. Thanks for your understanding! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

I'm talking to a few people on my team to see if there's any info I can share back with you all to determine what the issue is with the freezing screens/unable to log into the game. I am asking that further comments only come from players who are directly impacted by this specific issue so we can track the conversation. If conversation continues to derail, I will have to lock the thread and open it back up when I have an update for everyone who is experiencing this issue. Thanks for your understanding! 

Posted elsewhere but relevant. Steam user. Same issue. Frozen loading screen before server / char selection.

Solutions attempted:

-Steam file integrity check

-Appdata client settings check (all settings present and correct)

-System and Network reset

-Complete game removal and reinstallation

-Running game with all firewalls, AV and WD disabled

-Run as admin

-Compatibility mode windows 7 and 8

No success

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samcuu said:

You can now purchase whatever amount you'd like from a stack of mats that someone is selling. I bought some green mats today for 2k a piece and I only pulled 10 from the stack of 1800 on the GTN. Honestly I don't remember exactly how I did it but it took me about 10 seconds to play with it and a completely different screen popped up showing me the price per unit. 

Yeah, thanks, I did finally find this: you had to click the purchase button for another menu to come up, something I obviously didn't do at first as I wasn't going to purchase anything without a unit price. Still don't like the new GTN setup and I HATE the fact I have to type for searches instead of a single shift-click.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, curulz said:

Lets say i am someone that only has one toon on either side...does that negate my criticism of someone asking the devs to fix something they can already fix themselves by paying attention?  If I did what they claimed is a big problem, I'd take the credit loss as a learning experience.  I'd say to myself "self, don't buy your own listings, cause you lose money".   Its called the stupid tax for a reason...you do something stupid, and you pay for it.  What the other poster is suggesting is the devs need to come up with a way for them not to do something stupid and it needs to be done fast because who knows when stupid may appear.  I don't have an issue with the more general gripes of the GTN changes, I share many of them.  I just don't see how buying your own listings from your own toon can become that big of an issue.    

You are missing the point. It worked FINE before 7.4. You were not able to buy your own listings and you could see the seller name so you didn't buy from your own alts either. It didn't need fixing. Now it's broken.

You may think it doesn't need fixing, but there are a lot of people who disagree with that. And that's just part of the problems. I bet removing seller name also is the reason why people don't see if they already have the schematics to something either, but I'm not gonna run around telling "the devs shouldn't spend time on fixing it because it isn't an issue for me personally". It is an issue for someone, and it's good enough reason for me to support people who want those things fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filhodafilha said:

What the heck?

I was playing just fine until 3 hours ago, then i had to leave. So i comeback, try to log in and the game just can't start. What have you done this time? Did my pc requeriments suddenly arent enough like they were 3 hours ago?

Welcome to the suddenly below minimum requirements initial loading screen freezing club. It requires patience and a sense of humour.

52 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

Jackie, you still have a memory leak problem. Although it’s no where near as bad as it was or happening as fast. Please let the tech guys know that all I’ve done is look at outfits, look at the GTN or been rotating through current characters in the selection screen & it keeps adding more ram usage. I’m up to 8gb of usage from 60 mins ago & I have not even done any game play yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932363-issues-after-new-update/?do=findComment&comment=9789458

Jackie, this post might assist with providing some further insight to your team.

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

Mine said downloading but wasn't moving.  I just rebooted my computer and that fixed it. 

21 minutes ago, Melaras said:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932363-issues-after-new-update/?do=findComment&comment=9789458

Jackie, this post might assist with providing some further insight to your team.

Beware, they might just close this topic and pretend it never existed. After all is your fault trying to play a 12 years old game with this junkie you have. Even if you could do it  perfectly fine some hours ago, but now you ll need an intel 9 13900k and a Rtx 4090ti to run this game, otherwise go try something softer, like cyberpunk 2077.

50 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

You are missing the point. It worked FINE before 7.4. You were not able to buy your own listings and you could see the seller name so you didn't buy from your own alts either. It didn't need fixing. Now it's broken.

I am all for them adding back in the name of the seller.  But that isn't just what the OP said.  They said they wanted protection from buying their own supply from the toon they're currently on.  Sorry, that is just lazy.  If you're too lazy to stop for a second and check your own listings before buying the same thing on the same toon, then that is on them.  While pre7.4 helped to keep from buying from one of your alts, it wasn't exactly protection that they claimed, but it was helpful.  So I find clamoring for the devs to put that in is what I find a silly waste of resources.  Its asking for an elaborate fix to a simple problem.  Again, just on the prevention part...not about adding back the name of the seller.  

6 minutes ago, CadeStive said:

@JackieKo It's not been solved, memory leak is still going on. @TrixxieTriss is head on the nail with it. You legit have to restart the client to help the issue.

Yep @JackieKo. I just crashed when my swtor memory hit a whopping 29GB. I’ve had to restart my PC because I couldn’t close the client through task manager as it locked up my whole PC. There is definitely still a memory leak issue. 

1 hour ago, Melaras said:

Thank you very much for taking the time, it's much appreciated. I have tried to reinstall the GPU drivers, but unfortunately it didn't do the trick. I'll definitely contact @OwenBrooks as per your suggestion, thanks again!

am compiling reports of earlier loading screen issues to provide to support, i started tracking loading screen issues on at least the Monday, which is prior to the release of the 7.4 patch on Tuesday

at this stage actual cause is unknown 

if not done so yet, it cant hurt to try https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795

Edited by OwenBrooks

I have not played any of the 7.x content since the patch and have not had any issues with the other content

Edit: Servers used, Star Forge and Shae Vizla

Edit 2: Also using same graphics setting as before the update (7.4)

Edited by DWho

23 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

@CadeStive @TrixxieTriss

The team needs more info!

• When do you see the memory climbing?  Is it at character select, or open world, PvP, Ops, etc...?
    • Do you see it all the time or just with certain areas and activities?
  • Anything that can help us reproduce your exact experience would be helpful.

For me, Memory climbs when looking at outfitter, moving between characters on the load screen. I was in my strong hold when I crashed the first time. (FYI, this is on Shae Vizla). 

I’ve crashed again by tabbing back to my desktop to check the memory usage while on open world.

This seems to happen each time I tab out now. So I’m now more reluctant to check it in PvP or open world fights.

Sadly, even if I wanted to check it in PvP, it’s not popping enough on APAC (Shae Vizla) since you released 7.4 :( Everyone seems to have gone back to the old servers to try & play the new 7.4 content. 
Check your stats & compare them from a few days ago or last week if you don’t believe me.

I know you have your hands full with these patch issues. But players going back to the old servers is hurting the APAC community. The server feels dead now. Any chance you can get transfers happening beginning of next week?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just tried to buy a stack of crafting resources off the GTN. I can only buy one at a time. or am I confused? The GTN will need some work to be properly functional again.  I remember the preview it sounded good. It's not working though.

5 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

am compiling reports of earlier loading screen issues to provide to support, i started tracking loading screen issues on at least the Monday, which is prior to the release of the 7.4 patch on Tuesday

at this stage actual cause is unknown 

if not done so yet, it cant hurt to try https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795

Thanks Owen but I've tried everything mentioned on the link. Alas, the problem persists.

Edited by Melaras
  • Like 1

I don't know what, if anything, this means, but ...

Like I said, my account freezes when I try to launch the game, but there are two other SW:TOR accounts that can log in to the game on this computer just fine ... with one exception.

Both of those accounts have a Jedi Knight, on Tython, on the Shae Vizla server. The accounts are able to log in to all of their other characters fine, but when they try to log in to those Knights on Tython, they freeze up with the "Not Responding" message.

The accounts have other Jedi Knights and other characters on Shae Vizla that they CAN log in to. The only discernible difference is that those are the only two characters they have on Tython.

Maybe that information will help, I don't know. The only thing I know for sure is that this is making me crazy.

On 12/5/2023 at 9:07 AM, JackieKo said:

Hello again!

Game Update 7.4 is now live! I will be unlocking this thread, so any reports and/or feedback about the update can be posted here. 

Thanks for your patience! Enjoy the new update :) 

Hey Jackie. I'm not sure if it's been reported already, but there is a bit of a delay in between skill activation. As if my characters alacrity is suddenly too low or the GCD has increased. I'm not sure if it's due to the changes in stats or not, but with full 332 pvp gear this wasn't an issue. I'm in full 336 pvp gear (alacrity focus and device) and it just isn't the same as before.

• Like 1