Server Transfers to Shae Vizla

SeedlesS

14 hours ago, RikuvonDrake said:

you can still easily transfer billions per character transfer, just gotta do the sneaky tricks

Care to elaborate? 

Because if there is a way to transfer billions of credits with "sneaky tricks", I'd rather have the players have the information than credit sellers. 

• Like 1

@JackieCao

@KeithKanneg

As a player deeply invested in the Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) community (over 12 years), I cannot help but express my disappointment and frustration regarding the recent announcement of character transfer requirements, particularly the arbitrary level 20 requirement and the restrictive credit cap of 2 million credits for transfers to the Shae Vizla server. These decisions not only seem unjustified but also disrespectful to the dedicated players who call Shae Vizla home.

Let's address the elephant in the room: the level 20 requirement. Requiring characters to be at least level 20 before they can transfer to Shae Vizla is not only unnecessary but also downright absurd. This arbitrary threshold serves no real purpose other than to inconvenience players who may have characters below that level but still wish to join their friends and guildmates on the server. It penalizes new players who are just starting their journey in the game and may not have reached level 20 yet, as well as veterans who may have alts they wish to transfer.

Furthermore, imposing a credit cap of 2 million credits feels like a slap in the face to the Shae Vizla community. Many players have worked tirelessly to accumulate wealth and resources in the game over the past 12 years, only to be told that they cannot transfer their characters if they exceed this arbitrary limit. It's as if the developers are saying, "Sorry, your hard-earned credits are no longer welcome here." This decision not only alienates the existing player base but also sends a clear message that their contributions to the game are undervalued this should be raised to at least 20 million per character

What's even more frustrating is the lack of transparency and communication surrounding these decisions. Why was level 20 chosen as the minimum requirement? Why is there a need for a credit cap at all? These questions remain unanswered, leaving players feeling frustrated and disillusioned with the development team. It's essential for game developers to listen to player feedback and take into account the concerns and grievances of the community, rather than imposing arbitrary restrictions that serve no real purpose.

Moreover, the timing of these character transfer requirements couldn't be worse. With the release of Game Update 7.4.1, players were eagerly anticipating the opportunity to transfer their characters to Shae Vizla and explore the new content with their friends. Instead, they are met with unnecessary obstacles and restrictions that only serve to dampen their enthusiasm for the game. It's disheartening to see the development team miss the mark so completely and disregard the needs and desires of the player base.

In conclusion, the character transfer requirements for the Shae Vizla server, particularly the level 20 requirement and the 2 million credit cap, are unjustified, arbitrary, and disrespectful to the dedicated players who call this server home. These decisions only serve to alienate the existing player base and undermine the trust and goodwill that the development team has worked so hard to cultivate. It's time for the developers to listen to player feedback, reconsider their decisions, and work towards creating a more inclusive and player-friendly gaming experience for all. 

It is not too late for the development team to reconsider their decisions and prioritize the needs of the community. By removing the arbitrary level 20 requirement and adjusting the credit cap to a more reasonable value, such as 20 million credits, the team can demonstrate their commitment to creating a fair and inclusive gaming experience for all players. Taking proactive steps to listen to player feedback and address concerns will not only foster goodwill within the community but also strengthen the relationship between developers and players. It's essential to acknowledge and respond to the valid concerns raised by players, and making these changes would be a positive step towards rebuilding trust and restoring confidence in the development team.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darksplat said:

@JackieCao

@KeithKanneg

As a player deeply invested in the Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) community (over 12 years), I cannot help but express my disappointment and frustration regarding the recent announcement of character transfer requirements, particularly the arbitrary level 20 requirement and the restrictive credit cap of 2 million credits for transfers to the Shae Vizla server. These decisions not only seem unjustified but also disrespectful to the dedicated players who call Shae Vizla home.

Let's address the elephant in the room: the level 20 requirement. Requiring characters to be at least level 20 before they can transfer to Shae Vizla is not only unnecessary but also downright absurd. This arbitrary threshold serves no real purpose other than to inconvenience players who may have characters below that level but still wish to join their friends and guildmates on the server. It penalizes new players who are just starting their journey in the game and may not have reached level 20 yet, as well as veterans who may have alts they wish to transfer.

Furthermore, imposing a credit cap of 2 million credits feels like a slap in the face to the Shae Vizla community. Many players have worked tirelessly to accumulate wealth and resources in the game over the past 12 years, only to be told that they cannot transfer their characters if they exceed this arbitrary limit. It's as if the developers are saying, "Sorry, your hard-earned credits are no longer welcome here." This decision not only alienates the existing player base but also sends a clear message that their contributions to the game are undervalued this should be raised to at least 20 million per character

What's even more frustrating is the lack of transparency and communication surrounding these decisions. Why was level 20 chosen as the minimum requirement? Why is there a need for a credit cap at all? These questions remain unanswered, leaving players feeling frustrated and disillusioned with the development team. It's essential for game developers to listen to player feedback and take into account the concerns and grievances of the community, rather than imposing arbitrary restrictions that serve no real purpose.

Moreover, the timing of these character transfer requirements couldn't be worse. With the release of Game Update 7.4.1, players were eagerly anticipating the opportunity to transfer their characters to Shae Vizla and explore the new content with their friends. Instead, they are met with unnecessary obstacles and restrictions that only serve to dampen their enthusiasm for the game. It's disheartening to see the development team miss the mark so completely and disregard the needs and desires of the player base.

In conclusion, the character transfer requirements for the Shae Vizla server, particularly the level 20 requirement and the 2 million credit cap, are unjustified, arbitrary, and disrespectful to the dedicated players who call this server home. These decisions only serve to alienate the existing player base and undermine the trust and goodwill that the development team has worked so hard to cultivate. It's time for the developers to listen to player feedback, reconsider their decisions, and work towards creating a more inclusive and player-friendly gaming experience for all. 

It is not too late for the development team to reconsider their decisions and prioritize the needs of the community. By removing the arbitrary level 20 requirement and adjusting the credit cap to a more reasonable value, such as 20 million credits, the team can demonstrate their commitment to creating a fair and inclusive gaming experience for all players. Taking proactive steps to listen to player feedback and address concerns will not only foster goodwill within the community but also strengthen the relationship between developers and players. It's essential to acknowledge and respond to the valid concerns raised by players, and making these changes would be a positive step towards rebuilding trust and restoring confidence in the development team.

Cheers

Probably 99% of people that are going to transfer, are probably over level 20 mate. They merely want their legacy brought to the APAC server so, most likely have a 75 or 80 toon.

You say you've played for what, 12 years? If you don't have a character over that...well that's on you, the level 20 requirement means nothing to the wider community. 

The 2 mil cred thing though is silly, I guess they wanna preserve the economy, but there's no economy if there's no people right? The GTN is a joke.

They have a live stream this week where they will talk about their reasoning etc. So a wall of self entitled demands seems moot at the moment.

7 hours ago, AIRCONGO said:

Probably 99% of people that are going to transfer, are probably over level 20 mate. They merely want their legacy brought to the APAC server so, most likely have a 75 or 80 toon.

You say you've played for what, 12 years? If you don't have a character over that...well that's on you, the level 20 requirement means nothing to the wider community. 

The 2 mil cred thing though is silly, I guess they wanna preserve the economy, but there's no economy if there's no people right? The GTN is a joke.

They have a live stream this week where they will talk about their reasoning etc. So a wall of self entitled demands seems moot at the moment.

I have over 60 toons on SS about 20 or so are level 1 from all the server transfers that have happened to me from dalborra to fives. The level 20 does mean something to the wider community it’s time wasted, we are all time poor and that is coming from someone who is retired in their 40’s. You want your population to grow and by having all of these silly walls and requirements on transfers, stops the wider community from doing that. 

now I agree that most want there legacy to come across but I use all 16 of my 80’s in either conquest or raiding on both sides so they are out. Which leaves the rest.

the other point I want to make is the sub problem the server was opened in November, but the email to potential players didn’t go out to December. Which means if they did sub then, then they don’t get free transfers which is not their fault that is solely on @KeithKanneg 

PVP is already dead on the server I can’t get a low-mid pop nor can I get a 80’s pop and we are talking in both after school times and prime time so if this is an indicator of what’s to come they need the transfers to be as least restrictive as possible or the population will fizzle out and once again it will be a dalborra and be merged with another server

A lot of my friends that were past players of the game said they were waiting for transfers to happen but have now said they are not coming back as it is too restrictive to do a transfer. We are not talking about billionaires here most of them would only have 40-60 mil credits on them. So without a healthy population which must have to survive we are looking at another dead server in months and I don’t want that I love my 12ms ping I can actually interrupt at cast on this server I can’t on SS with 350ms ping.

cheers

Hi folks, 

We saw a lot of feedback come in from the weekend specifically around credits and the 90 consecutive day Subscriber limit since APAC launch for free transfers. We had some additional conversations based on what we’ve seen on the forums and other platforms, and will be making the following adjustments. 

The credit limit will now be 15 million per character. 
To qualify for the 16 free transfers to Shae Vizla, players must be a current Subscriber and have been an active Subscriber since January 2, 2024. 
Appreciate all of your comments. We’ll continue to keep an eye on feedback that comes in. 

Thanks!
-Keith 

Again honestly I don't care about the credits. The fact Broadsword is not even paying attention to returning APAC players Who didn't even receive notification about this new server until the twenty-third of December you know the middle of the Summer holidays.. Then a lot of us also spent a month trying to fix our broken accounts due to changes on your end. Thanks for rubbing more salt In the wound. There needs to be different requirements for Returning APAC players Who were forced off their home server. These decisions do nothing To encourage more APAC players to return. 

But well played with the anchoring you posted extremely ridiculous requirements and restrictions just so you could come out with slightly less ridiculous requirements and seem like they're listening to us...  Classic marketing anchoring. I see you @KeithKanneg

1 hour ago, Darksplat said:

PVP is already dead on the server I can’t get a low-mid pop nor can I get a 80’s pop and we are talking in both after school times and prime time so if this is an indicator of what’s to come they need the transfers to be as least restrictive as possible or the population will fizzle out and once again it will be a dalborra and be merged with another server

well said mate! 

Do you think they will refund us the cartel coins back that we had to pay to transfer when they move us again when this server dies because Americans aren't willing to play with a 350 ping end game Or PVP And nothing is being done to support returning Australian players? $105 Bucks is a steep ask on a 12-year-old game That has already moved Founding Aussie players around twice before.. And that's if you only want to transfer 8 characters with a 3 months sub.

• Like 1

Latest update: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/933296-follow-up-on-shae-vizla-server-character-transfers/?do=findComment&comment=9799854

Hi folks, 

We saw a lot of feedback come in from the weekend specifically around credits and the 90 consecutive day Subscriber limit since APAC launch for free transfers. We had some additional conversations based on what we’ve seen on the forums and other platforms, and will be making the following adjustments. 

• The credit limit will now be 15 million per character. 
  • To qualify for the 16 free transfers to Shae Vizla, players must be a current Subscriber and have been an active Subscriber since January 2, 2024. 

Appreciate all of your comments. We’ll continue to keep an eye on feedback that comes in. 

Thanks!
-Keith 

Rather an insidious move to make players who were originally on Oceanic servers before they were shut down and had all their characters moved to US ones, have to pay just to return to their original region. 

There should be free transfers for at least all Preferred and current Subscribers at a minimum.

But there should be free transfers for all those who were forcibly moved from their original region to begin with.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 8:58 AM, Avatarless said:

Rather an insidious move to make players who were originally on Oceanic servers before they were shut down and had all their characters moved to US ones, have to pay just to return to their original region. 

There should be free transfers for at least all Preferred and current Subscribers at a minimum.

But there should be free transfers for all those who were forcibly moved from their original region to begin with.

Problem there is that it would be difficult to back track that info, all of my toons started on different servers and have been merged over to SF, they may not be able to easily determine who transferred from where to where. I'm pretty sure that's why they are giving inbounds 16 free transfers to begin with.  Not a Dev, so this is not Gospel but it would be a logical assumption to make in this instance

5 hours ago, NoobieWan said:

Problem there is that it would be difficult to back track that info, all of my toons started on different servers and have been merged over to SF, they may not be able to easily determine who transferred from where to where. I'm pretty sure that's why they are giving inbounds 16 free transfers to begin with.  Not a Dev, so this is not Gospel but it would be a logical assumption to make in this instance

16 transfers are only if you were still subscribed as they backdated the requirement.

• 90 day requirement was first mentioned on Jan 20, but no specifics around it.
  • Initial Dec requirement date Announced on Feb 10 along with the 2M credit limit
  • Updated to Jan 02 on Feb 13

All the subscribers that left after they were backstabbed by BioWare in 2013 get no consideration

Any player that subscribed after Jan 02 gets no consideration

there are also players that were subscribed, but cancelled their sub before the Feb 10 announcement that are now ineligible.

Edited by FrontLineFodder
Bioware not BroadSword

1 hour ago, FrontLineFodder said:

16 transfers are only if you were still subscribed as they backdated the requirement.

• 90 day requirement was first mentioned on Jan 20, but no specifics around it.
  • Initial Dec requirement date Announced on Feb 10 along with the 2M credit limit
  • Updated to Jan 02 on Feb 13

All the subscribers that left after they were backstabbed by BroadSword in 2013 get no consideration

Any player that subscribed after Jan 02 gets no consideration

there are also players that were subscribed, but cancelled their sub before the Feb 10 announcement that are now ineligible.

It boggles my mind. They want to encourage players to transfer to APAC so it can be populated but they want you to pay to save the server pooulation.

• Like 2

What goes with the character on the transfer? I only plan to move about a dozen and I know 15 million credits and an outfit, but what about other items? Crafted stims and medpacks, companion items, pets, mounts, will legacy items transfer, will opened legacy items and collections also be open on the new server. So many questions and ive found nothing comprehensive of what goes and what stays.

9 minutes ago, LeeLoou said:

What goes with the character on the transfer? I only plan to move about a dozen and I know 15 million credits and an outfit, but what about other items? Crafted stims and medpacks, companion items, pets, mounts, will legacy items transfer, will opened legacy items and collections also be open on the new server. So many questions and ive found nothing comprehensive of what goes and what stays.

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-to-transfer-servers-in-swtor/#What_comes_with_you_when_you_transfer
This is a helpful breakdown. 

5 hours ago, LeeLoou said:

Anything in your characters personal cargo hold character bank will move. But anything in your legacy bank, legacy currencies or legacy crafting storage won’t move.

So if you want any crafting mats, take them out of your crafting storage & put them in your characters personal bank or cargo hold. Same goes for anything in your legacy storage cargo hold.