Server Transfers to Shae Vizla

SeedlesS

1 hour ago, taxidermis said:

No it was linked on a few discords I'm in. And mentioned on reddit. But it is one of the most popular swtor podcasts apparently.  This episode was a good listen though.. the dev team feels better about SWTOR than at any time since 2016 apparently

Personally never heard of these podcasters. That’s the problem with not promoting directly on the forums. Having podcasters or influencers being more active here would certainly help the community & probably themselves. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I honestly don’t look in the community content part of the forums. It’s been several years since I last visited it. If they really want exposure & people to see it, post it in the general section in future for maximum exposure.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

It's shocking how you want to hijack this PvP event to make a point for server transfers. And then you are not even interested enough to read into it, on what is required for the event.

You mean the event that was commented on in the server transfer forum thread? 
Not hijacking when its topical 

• Like 3

Is it just me or does the server feel dead as already, I mostly PvP and the pops are so sparse and when you do get them it's rarely a full team, even in arenas.

Wish they would hurry up and allow transfers before Christmas, all prime time hours feel dead, this server reminds me when Bioware announced the closure of APAC servers and the majority left before we got transferred.

53 minutes ago, Aignox said:

Is it just me or does the server feel dead as already, I mostly PvP and the pops are so sparse and when you do get them it's rarely a full team, even in arenas.

Wish they would hurry up and allow transfers before Christmas, all prime time hours feel dead, this server reminds me when Bioware announced the closure of APAC servers and the majority left before we got transferred.

My unpopular opinion is, that it does not feel dead already, it never was alive to begin with. I think, it was highly overestimated how many APAC players we have. I doubt more advertisement will help here or server transfers. This is the prime of the server, and it will stay on this level.

Edit: And don't forget... 90% of the playerbase is single player/story player.

Edited by SoontirMorillo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aignox said:

It’s because they released 7.4 & didn’t allow people to transfer to APAC to play it. So everyone was forced to go back to the other servers if they want to play new content. Hoping they’ll return once they’ve played it.

But I predicted this would happen if they didn’t offer transfers by the beginning of this week. It really annoys me to be right this time because it could have been very easily avoided. It’s not like the warning signs weren’t there when I made the prediction. 

I’ve been hoping maybe they’ll surprise us with an XMAS present this week.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoontirMorillo said:

My unpopular opinion is, that it does not feel dead already, it never was alive to begin with

Once again it’s not an unpopular opinion. It’s just a flat out wrong statement. How would you even know? Considering you don’t have access to Broadswords database & you didn’t start on the server till 2-3 weeks after it opened & everyone had left to go back & play 7.4.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

On 12/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, SoontirMorillo said:

My unpopular opinion is, that it does not feel dead already, it never was alive to begin with. I think, it was highly overestimated how many APAC players we have. I doubt more advertisement will help here or server transfers. This is the prime of the server, and it will stay on this level.

Edit: And don't forget... 90% of the playerbase is single player/story player.

Advertisement helps a lot. There aren't that many people aware of the game at this point. As I've said in my post in Suggestions, the game's more than 10 years old and many people have focused on other games over the years. SWTOR needs heavy promotion. Like it or hate it, and it was very annoying, but you have to admit such games like Raid: Shadow Legends are memorable because of the heavy promotion that they do. Broadsword needs to invest much in marketing the game, and with it promoting the new server as well.

• Like 2

So all I read was... He's been playing fresh start and enjoying it, so they aren't changing anything yet, and they really do not care about those of us who got pushed off local servers. Damn I wish I only hit a 1 month sub, not 6 because I sure would not be renewing it now! They should have launched a fresh start server in the US at the same time, and straight out said it would not have had transfers. This sucks.

• Like 1

What an absolute slap in the face to those Asia-pacific players that had to put up with this game being hosted on international servers for up to like 9-10 years after originally closing them.

To grind, earn credits and build up your legacy only to be told you have to start again from scratch if you want to play on a server closer to you where you may actually be able to enjoy the response times.

I've only just come back after 5 year hiatus and this, the constant one-time passwords, as well as subscribers only being able to reply to threads has already pissed me off and I haven't even fired up the game yet.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Asari-tears said:

What an absolute slap in the face to those Asia-pacific players that had to put up with this game being hosted on international servers for up to like 9-10 years after originally closing them.

To grind, earn credits and build up your legacy only to be told you have to start again from scratch if you want to play on a server closer to you where you may actually be able to enjoy the response times.

I've only just come back after 5 year hiatus and this, the constant one-time passwords, as well as subscribers only being able to reply to threads has already pissed me off and I haven't even fired up the game yet.

i feel you. same here, mate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

I suspect they had a bit more backlash than they expected as that's the only thing they replied too.
Maybe even in the hip pocket.

I did especially like the "respectful conversation" like the respect they are showing to our continued custom and years of playing right? 

But yes, it is good to see they did not double down on some of the prior post, maybe they are finally learning after all these years who knows.
Oh and there seems to be a limit on the amount of reactions you can give in a day? lol otherwise I would have liked your post.

13 hours ago, Nommaz said:

I suspect they had a bit more backlash than they expected as that's the only thing they replied too.
Maybe even in the hip pocket.

I did especially like the "respectful conversation" like the respect they are showing to our continued custom and years of playing right? 

But yes, it is good to see they did not double down on some of the prior post, maybe they are finally learning after all these years who knows.
Oh and there seems to be a limit on the amount of reactions you can give in a day? lol otherwise I would have liked your post.

All of this backlash was predictable. The writing was on the wall the week before they released 7.4 without offering transfers at the same time.

They were warned repeatedly that players would leave the server again or not bother playing on it till transfers were allowed. And then established players were forced to leave the server anyway to play the new content.

New & returning players saw old players leaving & felt abandoned. PvP & PvE group content quickly stopped popping. Which made the server look dead. And that is one of the biggest turn offs for new or returning players. Because no one wants to play a dead game & that’s what it looked like because everyone left to go play 7.4 on the other servers.

This should have been predictable for the devs/management team too if they did a comprehensive business plan for the opening of the server. But it seems like many things to do with the server have not been thought out very well or planned. From the 24 hour notice they gave before opening it, to them taking 2+ weeks to send out emails to the old APAC players & still no marketing in the APAC gaming media. 

It’s good that they are finally listening about transfers, but I’m still very concerned that it’s too little to late. Especially as the earliest they’ll do transfers now is February. Which means they’ve missed out on the potentially great launch window over the holidays & the damage from that has now been done.

I really hope Keith reads my feedback about marketing the transfers properly when they do them & the actual opening of the APAC server to the APAC gaming media outlets. And I hope they send out special promotional emails again to the same APAC players. But this time with actual proper incentives to lure them back. Free transfers for APAC subscribers would be a good start. And so would discounted subscriber + CC bundles for new & retuning players. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

While I see SV operating well without the inflated prices I can understand people wanting to take their credits with them. 

In most transfers the legacy stuff are brought across such as datacrons, decos... Normally you are limited to slightly over 4.2 Billion credits in transfers. I tend to agree such a carryover would damage the the GTN market and two things should happen.

Close the GTN for 7 days so everything on the GTN not already purchased is returned to sellers. Consider a limit carry over to 3 million credits or less. That is enough to blue remod  a level 80 character. I could see even a 100k limit. Limit item stacks to 20.

Unfortunately players have build guilds on other servers. and normally these are not transferable. Maybe consider allowing guilds to decommission flagships into encryption plans useable only on SV or create a decommisioned token that also carries over the decos.  currently establish guilds may now lose their players and face the task of rebuilding. If here was a way to shift guilds into combined servers why not the reverse? 

• 3 weeks later...

All this economy discussion is frankly garbage.  

I started on Harbinger and Dalborra - OG APAC servers. I got punted around multiple servers, and now an APAC server is launched, but everyone wants me to forget about what I have done for the last 13 years in the game and be so grateful that an APAC server is opened that I shouldn't care about the progress made on the characters that were already OG APAC characters.  Why am I, as a consumer, treated with so much contempt that neither my characters nor guild that were created prior to the games original 2011 launch can't automatically be transferred back to an APAC server now that it's here because "of the economy"?

All I see from the economy wingers are non-APAC players wanting a fresh server.  All APAC players want is to play our existing characters on an APAC server.  You want the server populated and alive - let us come home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DarthAdder said:

All I see from the economy wingers are non-APAC players wanting a fresh server. 

Then you need to read the comments more carefully. There are just as many APAC players concerned about the economy as non-APAC players

57 minutes ago, DWho said:

Then you need to read the comments more carefully. There are just as many APAC players concerned about the economy as non-APAC players

not wanting to state personal opinions as fact, I'll preface my comment.

I believe there are three groups of players

1. those who unconditionally want limits on transfers, "the economyGTN over all must be preserved"
  2. those who would accept limits if they were enforced, "Just get players on with their characters"
  3. those who do not want limits / want generous limits, "don't give a damn about the GTN, it is not a consideration"

and it is 2 & 3 that are the greatest amounts the people on the forums and chat.

Disclaimer: I am squarely in the third group.

2 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

not wanting to state personal opinions as fact, I'll preface my comment.

I believe there are three groups of players

1. those who unconditionally want limits on transfers, "the economyGTN over all must be preserved"
  2. those who would accept limits if they were enforced, "Just get players on with their characters"
  3. those who do not want limits / want generous limits, "don't give a damn about the GTN, it is not a consideration"

and it is 2 & 3 that are the greatest amounts the people on the forums and chat.

Disclaimer: I am squarely in the third group.

I fall squarely in group 2. Transfers need to happen but any free transfers should be restricted. Full cost transfers should not.