Server Transfers to Shae Vizla

SeedlesS

6 minutes ago, taxidermis said:

A more accurate metric would be prime time for the server... its currently early morning APAC time.. I'd suspect a lot of folks havnt even patched yet.  And some people will spend an hour or so on their home servers playing the new story. But aside from 45 minutes of story and a new WB... there isn't anything to keep them there. 

Or you can just do a like on like time. So if you usually play at 6am local APAC or 11am or 6pm, just compare it to the same time as the day before or the same day as the week before. You don’t need to wait till a specific time of day to compare as long as you are comparing the same time of day.

And yes, I’ll concede people might still be patching or can’t get into the game due to the launcher bug affecting some people, 

13 minutes ago, Jarcen said:

I don't see the big drop. I visit mostly the home worlds to see how things are going. As of now Tython as of this time of posting is quite active, and has the normal numbers for this time. Numbers usually pick up daytime where I live (+8 UTC), so in a couple of hours more population there will get busy again.

The starting planets are pretty consistent 24/7 with the same numbers. It’s when you get to the second, third, forth & fifth planets that there is drop from same time yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The starting planets are pretty consistent 24/7 with the same numbers. It’s when you get to the second, third, forth & fifth planets that there is drop from same time yesterday. 

I always expect a drop in numbers after the home worlds. After doing the initial story, or hanging out in the home world, people would go off doing a number of different things. I'll check in a few hours once people have really woken up.

1 hour ago, taxidermis said:

A more accurate metric would be prime time for the server... its currently early morning APAC time.. I'd suspect a lot of folks havnt even patched yet.  And some people will spend an hour or so on their home servers playing the new story. But aside from 45 minutes of story and a new WB... there isn't anything to keep them there. 

What if they get free death sticks?

Joking aside I agree that a good number of people aren't on yet, with patching  or work. I am currently patching myself

11 hours ago, Aignox said:

Any word yet,  any where, on an ETA to server transfers?

Beyond the 90 day waiting period initially mentioned.

Nothing. And they removed a bunch of posts asking for APAC transfers in another thread. I have a bad feeling they don’t plan on offering them at all 😞

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Nothing. And they removed a bunch of posts asking for APAC transfers in another thread. I have a bad feeling they don’t plan on offering them at all 😞

That would be incredibly damaging to the future of the servers population.. Why would people stay if they cannot get their stuff they paid for moved to the new server..

29 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

That would be incredibly damaging to the future of the servers population.. Why would people stay if they cannot get their stuff they paid for moved to the new server..

That’s the situation we are now facing as APAC players have had to go back to the old servers if they want to play the new 7.4 content.

The timing of the server opening without having transfers available & the 7.4 launch 2.5 weeks later has been poorly considered. I don’t know wether they didn’t realise players would have to leave the new server to go play the new 7.4 content or wether they just dont care.

But what ever the reason, its had a massive negative affect on the server & player moral on the server isn’t great. Especially for those wanting to get advice or do group content. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I decided last night to just cancel my sub until they allow transfers, I am thru spending money to buy stuff I already own in game to make it more playable, and the fact they are forcing us to chose between an APAC server and ping and our current mains and extras/bonuses/titles/some companions and of course what we want to play.
I will just stop giving them money, and play as preferred for now. 

Edit: Your subscription has been cancelled.

Edited by Nommaz
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

If its max level alot of us are still levelling.. again..

So why don't you inform yourself?

It's shocking how you want to hijack this PvP event to make a point for server transfers. And then you are not even interested enough to read into it, on what is required for the event.

You don't even have to read the whole announcement. It's in the headline. "Oricon Open World PvP Event".

I let the last step for complete information on what is required to yourself. Hint: "What lvl has Oricon?".

And if you haven't reached the minimum level for this event, than i assume you played only 1 hour in 4 weeks since the server went live. And if that is the case, Devs should just ignore your opinion. Game politics should be made around actually playing Players and not afk Players.

For someone who wants to make this server so desperately his new home, there is no excuse to not play on it at all and missing the new community forming fresh start phase.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

I decided last night to just cancel my sub until they allow transfers, I am thru spending money to buy stuff I already own in game to make it more playable, and the fact they are forcing us to chose between an APAC server and ping and our current mains and extras/bonuses/titles/some companions and of course what we want to play.

You wont be the only one I'm sure.. I would.. but as soon as I saw the APAC thing pop up on steam I got excited and hit a 6 month sub... wish I didn't now...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

So why don't you inform yourself?

It's shocking how you want to hijack this PvP event to make a point for server transfers. And then you are not even interested enough to read into it, on what is required for the event.

You don't even have to read the whole announcement. It's in the headline. "Oricon Open World PvP Event".

I let the last step for complete information on what is required to yourself. Hint: "What lvl has Oricon?".

And if you haven't reached the minimum level for this event, than i assume you played only 1 hour in 4 weeks since the server went live. And if that is the case, Devs should just ignore your opinion. Game politics should be made around actually playing Players and not afk Players.

For someone who wants to make this server so desperately his new home, there is no excuse to not play on it at all and missing the new community forming fresh start phase.

Well TBF PVP holds little interest over me, I dabble, and I was just answering the why question.
Secondly, there was no notification for those of us on a break that there even was APAC server's until nearly 3 weeks in AND on top of that, as I said before Why cant I play my maxed characters, the company is so bad at communication they didnt bother telling even old subscribers that the server was open unless you are active in the forums...

5 hours ago, Nommaz said:

Sorry to see you go and that SV is still losing APAC players because the APAC server is putting APAC players that care about their Legacy in this situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

If you read the event post you would know why. Minimum level requirement is 50, suggested is 80. 

Again... what is your point? Is reaching the minimum required level in 4 weeks not possible? If so, why do you want to take part in an event on a server you don't play on at all?

I repeat... this is all just an excuse to hijack a PvP Event and use it/exploit it for Server Transfers.

If you are not reaching this level, just play more or come back next month for the second edition on Alderaan (lvl range: 28-32).

We would offer an event on Korriban to meet your needs, but that planet is not cross faction.

Edited by SoontirMorillo
  • Like 2

I watched the live stream interview with Keith,  and 2 of the other devs 2 days ago. They mentioned the entire Dev team is playing on the new server and loving the fresh start feel.  They did not mention server transfers.  So again.. yet another sign that this server is meant to target TWO communities. APAC region players, AND those wishing a fresh start server.  Keith spoke for several minutes about how much his team is enjoying playing on the new server and how he his already halfway through re doing his legendary status.  

https://youtu.be/CSAYHKOxc5U?si=QbYq8aqgM45oXaj_

10 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

First, it’s a player run event, not a dev run one.

Second, not everyone plays the game the same way. 

Because I’ve 12 x lvl 25-35’s & have played nearly every day for several hours. Once I get to lvl 10, I only PvP. I’m not into redoing all the same stories I’ve done 20-30 times. 

Third, beside Alt hopping. Part of the reason I don’t have any characters to lvl 50 yet to go PvP on Oricon, is because pvp pops died off really fast as soon as 7.4 was released. Before 7.4 was released, I had nearly constant PvP pops 24/7. Now I have to wait for 1-3 hours sometimes to get a pvp pop.

Could I be playing pve? Sure, but it doesn’t interest me. Would I be at lvl 50 or 80 now on several Alts if 7.4 wasn’t released or they’d allowed transfers? absolutely I would be. 

That is why this conversation & what that poster says is relevant. Because if they’d offered transfers at the same time as releasing 7.4, people wouldn’t have abandoned the server to go play 7.4. And we’d actually have the opportunity to have transferred our lvl 50-80’s on to SV for this player run event. Which by the way is such an excellent idea I hope will be run again in the near future. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taxidermis said:

I watched the live stream interview with Keith,  and 2 of the other devs 2 days ago. They mentioned the entire Dev team is playing on the new server and loving the fresh start feel.  They did not mention server transfers.  So again.. yet another sign that this server is meant to target TWO communities. APAC region players, AND those wishing a fresh start server.  Keith spoke for several minutes about how much his team is enjoying playing on the new server and how he his already halfway through re doing his legendary status.  

https://youtu.be/CSAYHKOxc5U?si=QbYq8aqgM45oXaj_

It’s weird they wouldn’t personally link this stream on the forums for everyone to see. How did you find out about it? Did you already follow that YouTube channel?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

6 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It’s weird they wouldn’t personally link this stream on the forums for everyone to see. How did you find out about it? Did you already follow that YouTube channel?

No it was linked on a few discords I'm in. And mentioned on reddit. But it is one of the most popular swtor podcasts apparently.  This episode was a good listen though.. the dev team feels better about SWTOR than at any time since 2016 apparently

26 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It’s weird they wouldn’t personally link this stream on the forums for everyone to see.

Not sure but it might be THIS? --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932080-interview-with-keith-kanneg/

18 minutes ago, taxidermis said:

No it was linked on a few discords I'm in. And mentioned on reddit. But it is one of the most popular swtor podcasts apparently.  This episode was a good listen though.. the dev team feels better about SWTOR than at any time since 2016 apparently

Are you referring to THIS? --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932080-interview-with-keith-kanneg/