Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

APAC Shae Vizla Server will kill Satele Shan Server

ReveredDead

2 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I wish that was true on Shae Vizla. Or that if it is supposed to be, that it actually worked as you describe. Because I first tried it on the fleet & then in my strong hold and it doesn’t work like you say it does.
It would also be good to tell players how it works in the actual game so they don’t become agitated or end up spending CC’s to open up field respec like I did 😡

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I haven't tried it in a stronghold on Shae Vizla, but it worked for me in cantinas on starting planets (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban, Hutta). There is a short cooldown on it (5 seconds?) after switching, but that's the only time it doesn't let me switch in a cantina.

Edited by ThanderSnB

3 hours ago, septru said:

There are no new players to the game. 0. SWTOR does 0 marketing of its own product, and all of the third party reviews about SWTOR on the internet are extremely negative. Hell even SWTOR's own content creators are leaving bad reviews about SWTOR on their pages before they quit. What do you think a new player is going to think when they see those reviews?

Cmon brother this isn't remotely true. I've seen more than a couple of the "is swtor worth playing in 2023" videos by somewhat prominent YouTubers/gamer channels, who have been very fair pointing out both the flaws and the positives of the game, and they give it good reviews in the end. Yes its mainly down to how good the stories are, but that doesnt really matter considering ur saying that nobody reviews the game well. Reviews are really positive on steam as well.

There are long time players who want end game content which doesn't really exist, so I understand their frustration, and can see the negatives of that. In reality when someone new tries a game they stick around after the first story or two thanks to a more engaging end game. I agree with you that the majority of ppl playing are vets because swtor at the end of the day gives ppl very little to stick around for. 

10 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I haven't tried it in a stronghold on Shae Vizla, but it worked for me in cantinas on starting planets (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban, Hutta). There is a short cooldown on it (5 seconds?) after switching, but that's the only time it doesn't let me switch in a cantina.

Thanks for the info. Im sorry if I was a bit short. Im just really annoyed that this isn’t a pop up in the game to explain this is how it’s supposed to work. I spent hours messing around with it & then deleted my lvl 12 character to reroll it again because I thought I made a mistake. Totally wasted hours playing it again to realise it wasn’t anything I did. At that point I was so frustrated & I couldn’t find the answer, so I paid with CC’s to open field respec. I can say I never tried it in the cantina’s. I only tried it on the fleet & in my stronghold. So maybe those areas are bugged on Shae Vizla 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You don’t need P2W on a fresh server. Plus, I still don’t think you really understand the whole concept of pay to win in this game. 

Paying to win here is the same as anywhere: an advantage-producing microtransaction.

SWTOR's model has a shell game, which needs plentiful Credits for endgame purchases. They seem to be betting that the direct sale of Perks on new Legacies will be more profitable.

10 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

Paying to win here is the same as anywhere: an advantage-producing microtransaction.

SWTOR's model has a shell game, which needs plentiful Credits for endgame purchases. They seem to be betting that the direct sale of Perks on new Legacies will be more profitable.

Please explain in detail how pay to win works on a new server when no one needs it because end game is a long way off for most players & you can’t even buy the stuff you’d consider pay to win. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

That makes zero sense. Care to flesh out your argument a bit more?

Merging into 1 US server will mean anyone that looks at this game will know the game is in poor shape and will never come to the game. The game will continue to lose people and there will be nobody replacing them. I know I'd never go to a game that only had 1 US server if they game was made in the united states. 

Just now, Toraak said:

Merging into 1 US server will mean anyone that looks at this game will know the game is in poor shape and will never come to the game. The game will continue to lose people and there will be nobody replacing them. I know I'd never go to a game that only had 1 US server if they game was made in the united states. 

Or it could just mean they updated the technology to accommodate everyone on one server 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You don’t need P2W on a fresh server. Plus, I still don’t think you really understand the whole concept of pay to win in this game. 

No but you create the illusion that everything is leading up to it in order to justify the necessity for the tin foil hats you're passing out!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Please explain in detail how pay to win works on a new server when no one needs it because end game is a long way off for most players & you can’t even buy the stuff you’d consider pay to win. 

Sure.

In a Credit-austere environment like a new server, people will be paying to win through direct purchase of Character and Legacy perks, and a few Cash Shop items.

Advantages include:

• XP boosts
  • Inventory slots
  • BiS crystals
  • Speeder movement speed
  • Rocket boost
  • Crafting Crits
  • Crewskill/crafting speed
  • Companions
  • Companion leveling
  • Travel benefits/cooldowns

34 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Merging into 1 US server will mean anyone that looks at this game will know the game is in poor shape and will never come to the game. The game will continue to lose people and there will be nobody replacing them.

The amount of backwards logic required to justify this illogical argument could make a pig do somersaults. 🤣 And I honestly agree that they should not merge SF and SS (although I do think they should offer 90 CC transfers). But your reasoning makes literally 0 sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlatTax said:

Sure.

In a Credit-austere environment like a new server, people will be paying to win through direct purchase of Character and Legacy perks, and a few Cash Shop items.

Advantages include:

• XP boosts
  • Inventory slots
  • BiS crystals
  • Speeder movement speed
  • Rocket boost
  • Crafting Crits
  • Companions
  • Companion leveling

But that’s not what you meant & you know it.

You were specifically taking about people buying CM items to sell on the GTN for credits because we were discussing limiting credit transfers to Shae Vizla. Not using CC to buy legacy unlocks 🤦‍♀️

First, there aren’t enough credits being generated on the new server to cause much inflation.

Second, without those credits being generated, people aren’t going to be getting huge amounts of credits for selling CM items on the GTN because they just aren’t available.

Third, this is why the devs need to cap how many credits can be transferred per legacy from the older established servers. 

6 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You were specifically taking about people buying CM items to sell on the GTN for credits because we were discussing limiting credit transfers to Shae Vizla. Not using CC to buy legacy unlocks 🤦‍♀️

First, there aren’t enough credits being generated on the new server to cause much inflation.

Second, without those credits being generated, people aren’t going to be getting huge amounts of credits for selling CM items on the GTN because they just aren’t available.

Third, this is why the devs need to cap how many credits can be transferred per legacy from the older established servers. 

I was talking about the devs transitioning *away* from cash-to-Credits conversions, and back *to* direct sale of advantages on a Credit-poor new server.

This will, almost certainly, result in a shortage of Cash products on the GTN for a period of time.

I believe their bet is that it's more profitable this way, and in time they'll re-grow the cash-to-Credits business for endgame Augs, etc.

24 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

My original statement still stands on all of its points, including the point about gold sellers no matter how much you wish to discount their influence. Walling off Shae Vizla to only APAC players or choking the credit flow from people transferring to SV won't prevent that server's inflation rate from ballooning like it does on every server because the underpinnings of inflation haven't been addressed other than the paltry new tax system.

Inflation WILL occur, and will grow exponentially, just like it has on every other server. I've already seen boosted level 80 toons loping around on fleet on Shae Vizla. They're totally capable, being max level, of making the credits they want to make, and everyone will be following suit. Gold seller announcements incoming.

Edited by xordevoreaux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xordevoreaux said:

My original statement still stands on all of its points, including the point about gold sellers no matter how much you wish to discount their influence. Walling off Shae Vizla to only APAC players or choking the credit flow from people transferring to SV won't prevent that server's inflation rate from ballooning like it does on every server because the underpinnings of inflation haven't been addressed other than the paltry new tax system.

Inflation WILL occur, and will grow exponentially, just like it has on every other server. I've already seen boosted level 80 toons loping around on fleet on Shae Vizla. They're totally capable, being max level, of making the credits they want to make, and everyone will be following suit. Gold seller announcements incoming.

Credit sellers may work over time on SV because it is a fresh server and they maybe able to sell credits for more there with less work.

Edited by Darkestmonty

4 hours ago, FlatTax said:

Sure.

Advantages include:

• XP boosts
  • Inventory slots
  • BiS crystals
  • Speeder movement speed
  • Rocket boost
  • Crafting Crits
  • Companions
  • Companion leveling

Hey, tell me where in the Cartel Market can I buy 360 gears so that I can get a huge edge in PvP and thus win with my abysmal PvP skills?

That's what pay to win means.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Hey, tell me where in the Cartel Market can I buy 360 gears so that I can get a huge edge in PvP and thus win with my abysmal PvP skills?

That's what pay to win means.

I remember a few Asian MMOs where you could only get the best skills and equipment from the cash shop and they were non transferable.

People calling augments anyone can craft pay to win because they can be bought off the GTN have no clue what actual pay to win was.

7 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

I remember a few Asian MMOs where you could only get the best skills and equipment from the cash shop and they were non transferable.

People calling augments anyone can craft pay to win because they can be bought off the GTN have no clue what actual pay to win was.

Yup... People also seem to fail to realize that buying things in this game does not add credits into the economy, and in fact only moves them around and removes them due to taxation. Its always funny seeing these kinds of P2W arguments.

6 hours ago, FlatTax said:

Sure.

Advantages include:

• XP boosts
  • Inventory slots
  • BiS crystals
  • Speeder movement speed
  • Rocket boost
  • Crafting Crits
  • Companions
  • Companion leveling

XP boosts are given trough the story

Inventory slots are irrelevant and give you no advantage in winning. And can be purchased with credits.

BiS crystals can be crafted by a newly created artificer in 2 minutes.

Speeder movement is again irrelevant for an advantage, and can be obtained for free up to level 3

Rocket boost... is disabled in PVP... no advantage here

Neither speeders or rocket boosts matter in PVP

crits/crafting speed / companion leveling - again something completely irrelevant in the long run that can be fairly easily done for free, and doesnt do anything that would provide a significant advantage. Let me point out, you can buy the level 50 companion boosts for credits and a few dark projects instead.

companions - paid companions are no different, and are infact worse due to lack of crafting capability

travel benefits/cooldowns - oh no, someone has to spend 20 seconds longer walking. such a pay to win advantage! again, obtainable for free

You, sir, have a SEVERE misunderstanding of what pay to WIN actually means.

pay to win would be able to shell out money for something that actually gives you a massive advantage, such as paying to have a full set of 340 augmented equipment. which is not possible.

Edited by MotherCrusher
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

I know right?

People spend literally millions irl $$$ to get that SSR character with maybe 0.00000001% drop rate. Irl rich people play those P2W games because they don't need to invest time in it to win. Rich people use irl money to buy the sense of achievement of being the No1 player of their server. This is what a P2W game looks like.

Even a less extreme example: Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. A mobile game where you can spend 2-3hr a day grinding arenas for all the materials in order to get powerful characters/ships that are not locked behind some insane lottery mechanic, but the whales can still drop 1000USD to buy and gear the latest, most powerful characters on the day of release and dominate the arenas, which is the main game content. That's P2W.

Buying augments with in game credits that doesn't worth sh*t? Pffff don't make me laugh.

20 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

7 minutes ago, MotherCrusher said:

XP boosts are given trough the story

Inventory slots are irrelevant and give you no advantage in winning

BiS crystals can be crafted by a newly created artificer in 2 minutes.

Speeder movement is again irrelevant for an advantage, and can be obtained for free up to level 3

Rocket boost... is disabled in PVP... no advantage here

Neither speeders or rocket boosts matter in PVP

crits/crafting speed / companion leveling - again something completely irrelevant in the long run that can be fairly easily done for free, and doesnt do anything that would provide a significant advantage. Let me point out, you can buy the level 50 companion boosts for credits and a few dark projects instead.

companions - paid companions are no different, and are infact worse due to lack of crafting capability

travel benefits/cooldowns - oh no, someone has to spend 20 seconds longer walking. such a pay to win advantage! again, obtainable for free

You, sir, have a SEVERE misunderstanding of what pay to WIN actually means.

pay to win would be able to shell out money for something that actually gives you a massive advantage, such as paying to have a full set of 340 augmented equipment. which is not possible.

Whether or not a mechanic is pay-to-win is a question of kind, not degree.

The failure of understanding isn't mine.

Just now, FlatTax said:

It absolutely is yours. you cannot defeat other players or beat content you wouldnt beat otherwise trough spending real money, everything you need is obtainable in-game very easily.

1 minute ago, FlatTax said:

You are the one with a made-up definition of pay-to-win and refuse to accept the real definition of pay-to-2in in reality.

So, where can I spend $100 to get my 360 gears so I can be the #1 parsed healer of the server?

On a side note, a lot of people will drop $100 to get a set of 340 gears if it means they don't have to grind HM R4, but that kind of true P2W will certainly ruin the game.

10 minutes ago, eabevella said:

You are the one with a made-up definition of pay-to-win and refuse to accept the real definition of pay-to-2in in reality.

So, where can I spend $100 to get my 360 gears so I can be the #1 parsed healer of the server?

On a side note, a lot of people will drop $100 to get a set of 340 gears if it means they don't have to grind HM R4, but that kind of true P2W will certainly ruin the game.

Pay-to-win: Any gameplay advantage (including PvE) provided by a microtransaction.

Period.

3 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

Pay-to-win: Any gameplay advantage (including PvE) provided by a microtransaction.

Period.

So where's the advantage I can buy with that beautiful USA dollar?

How much does a piece of 340 gear cost? 5USD? 10USD? Where can I buy it in the Cartel Market? I really need the advantage you know.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.