APAC Shae Vizla Server will kill Satele Shan Server

ReveredDead

1 minute ago, MadCuzBad said:

I'm not a programmer, but is that possible to do?

Sure it is.

It’s just a couple of switches (check boxes) to decide where the database info gets merged to. So they would have players select their preferred server & that would tick the check boxes needed to send that data to their desired server. 

Remember they aren’t merging all the games data & playable content because that’s exactly the same on every server. All they are doing is moving player data to another server. Similar to a transfer. The only difference between the two is it’s not just sending one character, it’s sending their whole legacy with everything in it. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

25 minutes ago, MadCuzBad said:

I'm not a programmer, but is that possible to do?

The number one main issue with any merger is player names. This has always been a contentious issue because the players already on the destination server always have preference on the names because theirs are the oldest on that server. So people who may have had the names since launch can lose them to people who only made them the day before. 

If they do decide to do mergers, I think you’re suggestion of making 2 new servers (1 for NA & 1 for EU) & keeping the current APAC server is the best solution. But only if they open up the 2 new servers 60 days before the mergers & send out emails to ALL old players too. 

This would allow people to reserve their character names on the new servers before mergers. But it would be first in best dressed. You’d want to do what many of us did for the SV server, make lvl 1 Alts with names you want to keep. And just before you move the character, you delete the Alt on the new server. 

The only hurdle would be on the forced merger day. Because those characters would lose their names to the new ones you’d created before you could delete them. So instead of offering single character transfers, BS could change the transfer process so it allowed you to transfer your whole legacy before the forced merger day. 

And the way I would personally do it, is transfer each character individually until I got to my last couple. Then I’d do the legacy transfer for those last few after I deleted their corresponding Alts on the destination server. 

But with guilds, they could refund the guild leaders with tokens that allow them to get their guild ship, banks, rep, etc again. Instead of refunding credits & mats. That way those items could only be used to set up the guild again instead of someone running off with all the guilds stuff. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

30 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

He means still having the opportunity to transfer to one of the other regions servers. 

Correct because we can do that now, transfer between regions. I probably transfer my characters around about once or twice a year to all the servers to update my legacy for each server while primarily playing on SF.

so instead of transferring a character from SF to SS to DM to TH to TL we'll be transferring from NA to APAC or EU.

I don't know what else to call transferring characters but transferring characters.

12 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

Correct because we can do that now, transfer between regions.

Merging is a completely different mechanic. When you transfer a toon, you're just placing a copy of that toon, and the achievements/unlocks on a different server minus mailbox. You end up on a new server, but you've now lost all your mail, currencies, legacy bank. friends, stronghods, guilds, flagships, your legacy itself, etc.

When a server is merged, the entirety of the server is moved. That means your characters keep everything,  includes mailboxes, legacy banks, currencies, strongholds, guilds, flagships, the entirety of your legacy and more.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Merging is a completely different mechanic. When you transfer a toon, you're just placing a copy of that toon, and the achievements/unlocks on a different server minus mailbox. You end up on a new server, but you've now lost all your mail, currencies, legacy bank. friends, stronghods, guilds, flagships, your legacy itself, etc.

When a server is merged, the entirety of the server is moved. That means your characters keep everything,  includes mailboxes, legacy banks, currencies, strongholds, guilds, flagships, the entirety of your legacy and more.

1. open up free transfers so people can transfer characters from any current server to a server in the region they want. This way when the current servers merge into regional servers, they will already be in that region.
  2. merge the current servers based on their region. SS and SF merge into NA Server, DM, TH, TL merge into the EU server, SV converts to the APAC Server.
  3. keep a limited number of free transfers available for those who return after the merges in case they missed transferring their characters before the merge. This way APAC players stuck on the NA Server or EU Server can transfer to the APAC Server.
Edited by Darkestmonty