Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

Thank you BS for being more accommodating to APAC players who are excited to finally have a home after 10+ years. While I personally feel the revised amount isn't enough to set guilds up it is a good start. Time to get the packing boxes ready and move into our shiny new server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I agree especially considering the limitations on this server and the transfers. SWTOR is $5+ a month More expensive than other larger MMO's (You know that big old MMO that's been going for 20 years and has numerous local servers Including Fresh Start and Classic) and even more expensive than a premium Netflix subscription. 

Final Fantasy & WoW are only $15 AUD a month. Swtor should be the same for our region. But because it’s tied to the US dollar it’s currently $23.02 USD a month.

@KeithKanneg you really should look into this if you want to grow the APAC region. It’s only fair that we pay our equivalent of $15 a month. The same as the EU & US pay their equivalent. 

11 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Final Fantasy & WoW are only $15 AUD a month. Swtor should be the same for our region. But because it’s tied to the US dollar it’s currently $23.02 USD a month.

@KeithKanneg you really should look into this if you want to grow the APAC region. It’s only fair that we pay our equivalent of $15 a month. The same as the EU & US pay their equivalent. 

I don't think it is quite that simple. and this is a discussion for elsewhere.

if we pay EA AU they would have to pay GST and probably other taxes. if we continue to pay EA Swiss Sarl they are probably avoiding those costs.

So the credit limit seems to be moving in the right direction, but I'm unfamiliar with what transfers with a character. It seems as though all mail is lost - how about personal cargo / inventory? and unlocks still apply? Also, account wide currencies / crafting inventory - these are left behind? And legacy / legacy unlocks (including collections)? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roachfex said:

So the credit limit seems to be moving in the right direction, but I'm unfamiliar with what transfers with a character. It seems as though all mail is lost - how about personal cargo / inventory? and unlocks still apply? Also, account wide currencies / crafting inventory - these are left behind? And legacy / legacy unlocks (including collections)? 

there are a couple of threads on the general forums this is best answered
https://forums.swtor.com/topic/933653-this-is-what-happens-when-you-transfer-characters/

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/933613-follow-up-on-shae-vizla-server-character-transfers-question-on-inventory-items-and-materials/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roachfex said:

Swtorista has a guide going over all of this, https://swtorista.com/articles/how-to-transfer-servers-in-swtor/

16 hours ago, roachfex said:

So the credit limit seems to be moving in the right direction, but I'm unfamiliar with what transfers with a character.

Earlier I said something similar, to someone who started a > Suggestion Box thread closely related to this: (expand)

On 2/12/2024 at 5:35 PM, Strathkin said:

To encourage paid transfer's, required a reasonable credit transfer to incentivize those: thought they deduce 15 - 25 Million myself.

• 15 Million per Character, works out to 30,000 (at 50% off) Credit's per Cartel Coin; or 15,000 at Full Price.

-- Transferring 100 Character's results in 1.5 Billion across all Character's; or 240 Million across your free 16. 

• 20 Million per Character, works out to 40,000 (at 50% off) Credit's per Cartel Coin; or 20,000 at Full Price.

-- Transferring 100 Character's results in 2.0 Billion across all Character's; or 320 Million across your free 16.

• 25 Million per Character, works out to 50,000 (at 50% off) Credit's per Cartel Coin; or 25,000 at Full Price.  

-- Transferring 100 Character's results in 2.5 Billion across all Character's; or 400 Million across your free 16.

I never expected 100 Million each Character, so I certainly think this revision is now "within" an acceptable margin, even if I thought it might be slightly higher! I expected somewhere in the Middle, as they try to strike the Right Balance!  They also made a fair decision with Jan 2nd, 2024, it's given people time to try new Server & subscribe.  So those who only found out several weeks after, aren't unfairly penalized either! 

• 16 Character's is fair for Long Time Players, many have 25, 50, 75, some even 100 which is the max.

@KeithKanneg 

Kind Regards & Good Job. 

And also agree with the person below: (this change) will help New Guilds offer Repair Funds! 

22 hours ago, ufion said:

Hello @JackieKo and @KeithKanneg

I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for listening and increasing the credit limits for Shae Vizla.

This correction you've announced has already rippled throughout the community and caused a great vibe today.

So clearly they are listening!

Edited by Strathkin
Couldn't add addition quote.

43 minutes ago, Strathkin said:

They also made a fair decision with Jan 2nd, 2024, it's given people time to try new Server & subscribe.  So those who only found out several weeks after, aren't unfairly penalized either! 

Nope I still have a big problem with this, it doesn't take into account a player many thousands of dollars in subs over the hears nor does it take into account preferred players or player that are still waiting for transfers before re-subbing, and finally it doesn't take into account for those of us that cancelled subs due to the poor handling of announcements for this server.
It is not at all "fair", considering its a after the fact condition. to have made it fair it would have needed to be mentioned way back at the beginning. 

It's like driving down the road and then getting pulled up at the other end for going the wrong way on a one-way street that was just changed without notification from the day before, and no sign posts up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

@KeithKanneg @JackieKo their should be a hard cut off point that players know in Advanced for the 16 free transfers for the livestream the january 2nd date should serve as safety point that is guaranteed  

There should have been one for both ends well established from the outset, before the fact.

16 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

There should have been one for both ends well established from the outset, before the fact.

agreed if the update is scheduled for march than both dates are moot points if the hard date is than

Edited by emperorruby

Well done in DECIMATING your APAC player base. Our HOPE you would do the right thing for your LOYAL player base has been crushed. The worst game to play for Aussies and we still played, but now WE have been played.... We have played for years, move each time, thrown from one coast to the other, ping from 500 (servers launch) -> 50 (aussies servers open) -> 350 (back to west coast us) -> 500 (moved to east coast as not more WC) and back to 50 and you say oh well now you can have basically NOTHING... you can have the clothes of your back, not even enough to buy the stuff we had before, or support our characters without having to spend all our FREE time playing, we have already spent cc and farmed and you say we don't deserve what we have already done.
Thanks
but no thanks
Stick ya sub
Stick ya game
Aussie Aussie Aussie
NO BS NO BS NO BS
Why treat the other player base that has had to suffer the MOST the worst. why make you most loyal apac players feel like you played them? well done, you have shown you do not care for ppl outside of your country.

Why i say that, is because you send 20 mil to an alt without blinking...... TY for saying APAC players are just ALTS....
not real people....
as THAT is how you are treating apac players, however to US players, these characters are ALTS....
NOT TO APAC PEOPLE, these are our mains, our hopes, our wishes..

BUT you DESTROYED THEM

Hence why we unsub

Edited by Gabriaye
  • Like 2

Still with this ridiculous 90-day sub requirement, it is hurting your game how can you not see that? 
It doesn't even make any sense, but as I said before it's an after the fact requirement and should not have been made as such, it screams of making people pay so you get some more of the CC money, rather than building a healthy APAC region (your words), you say that, and your actions are proving otherwise.

So glad I woke up super early for this...
/Sarcasm

Edited by Nommaz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nommaz said:

So glad I woke up super early for this...

I was the opposite LMAO. Shouldn't have wasted time on that stream. Unless you're being sarcastic haha.

Edited by SoraRaida

57 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

15mil per character will actually help the economy on SV...

Only if enough APAC players transfer over. Because no players = no economy. At the moment I’m still reading lots of other social media feedback that 15 million still isn’t enough to make many of them even bother transferring & others are planning to unsubbed still.

Add the artificial time gate they are implementing for Subscribers to qualify for free transfers and it’s really putting a lot of current sub/preferred APAC players offside too.

Many didn’t find out about the server till January. And some who were subbed in December, unsubbed in January because they were upset at the lack of communication from the dev team about transfers (their words, not mine).

Then you have all the players who just unsubbed just last weekend because BS announced a super low credit transfer cap of 2 million.

There is currently a lot of bad feeling being expressed by parts of the APAC community on other social media that would be filtered here. I just hope the devs are reading it over there too so they actually know how many of the APAC players are feeling about this. At the moment they feel like second class citizens. 

And while there are still some people holding out for unrestricted credit transfers, many are ready to compromise. But many say the announced 15 million still isn’t enough to get them there. Some are saying 25 million & others 50 million. 

Personally, 25 million is my sweet spot because 25 x 16 = 400 million. But I’m not a raider & some of those guys want/need more. So I don’t want to speak for their needs. 

Lastly, it looks like we are also going to have to wait till sometime in March till transfers happen now & not February like most of us expected 😟. That delay is also creating unease & feels like they are dragging it. But it does give them time to reconsider the credit limit & hopefully increase it more. 🤞

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 5

On 2/14/2024 at 1:22 PM, emperorruby said:

@KeithKanneg @JackieKo the hard date for the cut off point could be a subscriber reward for the 16 free transfers to Shae Vizla like how they did shae vizla companion back in 2020 but you have to a subscriber before the hard date for subscribers from january 3rd to about 7.4.1

NOTE: Has anyone pointed out, the 1st mention of a 90 Day Subscription Requirement was Jan 19, 2024

-- A valid reason to kindly ask reconsideration of Free Transfers to Jan 25th, 2024 not Jan 2nd, 2024.

As identified on Page 40 by @JohnnyGatt & @Skyzin

That only found out about this server on the 23rd of December most of us myself included were not able to subscribe straight away due to changes in EA accounts That were unable to be resolved during the Christmas And New Year holidays. I started to try to subscribe on the second of January and finally got my account resolved on the 23rd of January like many others you can check the EA forums for the countless posts about this issue.  

SWTOR is expanding! Shae Vizla server launches this week! - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic | News, Updates, Developer Blogs (swtor.com)

• No mention in either announcement about the 90 day subscription requirement, as they were only figuring it out?

"For transfers specifically to Shae Vizla, we are looking to provide free transfers, for a specific period, of time to players who have been a Subscriber for at least 90 consecutive days." Posted January 19 2024 

-- Post above is 17 days (before) the Jan 2nd Date, was only later announced on Feb 12th, 2024.   

-- They should have given cutoff, +5 days after they first announced it!

Follow up on Shae Vizla Server Character Transfers - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

I initially thought Jan 2nd was fair, as did several social media influencer's...  ...now shows poor planning!

@KeithKanneg Maybe Broadsword can rethink extending this, as shown above? 

• Clearly everyone can makes mistakes, so hopefully they will try to address this...
  • I've mostly accepted revised Credit Cap, even if I'd like it slightly higher perhaps... 

I wish you all the best of luck,

Kind Regards...

UPDATE: Revised Jan 22nd, 2024 to Jan 25th to account give time after announcement & comment above.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar, and finalizing a few fair points.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.