Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

2 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

They aren't making that in 30 minutes, but you can make enough to cover repairs for a long time in that time.

Then you need to play around your life. If you can't afford to raid and your guild can't afford to raid then there's a simple solution...

In other words, your play style is more important than theirs. Sorry are paying extra to sub?

3 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

Isn't it the other way around? Everyone else earns the credits they need but you are saying 'group' players shouldn't have to.

No because repair costs are game breaking (it was an anti-inflation move designed for American servers where raiders have billions, not here), not being able to afford a vanity item on the GTN is not, it just means you won't get to wear that pretty dress you want to the debutante ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Aignox said:

How's the people in this thread constantly pushing "I am right, quit the game"

On an already dead server, but of course they don't do group content so needing other players on the server is irrelevant to them.

@JackieKo

As a player who has been playing on and off since 2013 and who was forced off our original APAC servers (long live Master Dar Narla), I along with other players have worked hard to build our collection of credits and items. I don't think fully restricting funds will keep this server alive as most of us have come here so we can enjoy the content we love at a similar ping that our US comrades have experienced for years. Full restrictions based on a small vocal few will not keep this server alive as we simply cannot afford to be able to do the content with the exorbitant prices we are currently being forced to pay. As many have already stated, the current costs are based on servers that currently have billions of creds which is simply not the case for this new server. I would be happy to pay to be able to bring over my credits that I have spent years building. I would also recommend limiting sales on the GTN to ensure that things do not go the way of the other servers and reducing costs for repairs, travelling, etc. There is a very loyal base of APAC players who are keen to see this server grow and build a fun community but making unreasonable restrictions will choke those who enjoy this game and want to play. MTFBWY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

ddddddddd

33 minutes ago, Jodstaimpslayer said:

@JackieKo

As a player who has been playing on and off since 2013 and who was forced off our original APAC servers (long live Master Dar Narla), I along with other players have worked hard to build our collection of credits and items. I don't think fully restricting funds will keep this server alive as most of us have come here so we can enjoy the content we love at a similar ping that our US comrades have experienced for years. Full restrictions based on a small vocal few will not keep this server alive as we simply cannot afford to be able to do the content with the exorbitant prices we are currently being forced to pay. As many have already stated, the current costs are based on servers that currently have billions of creds which is simply not the case for this new server. I would be happy to pay to be able to bring over my credits that I have spent years building. I would also recommend limiting sales on the GTN to ensure that things do not go the way of the other servers and reducing costs for repairs, travelling, etc. There is a very loyal base of APAC players who are keen to see this server grow and build a fun community but making unreasonable restrictions will choke those who enjoy this game and want to play. MTFBWY

I agree with you on all this. Just wanted to touch up on how alot of us have put in years of hard work and effort on these other servers and how we are being brought back home to asia/australia again which is amazing. But how can we make it a home without our things, our legacy, our money? If people chose not to that would be their choice. But I choose to make my home where I have built up a foundation over a long time frame.  Why would there be restricition(s) only on this server only and no other server?  If we cant bring our things with us, how can we make it a home? We want to be here for the ping, but at the cost of everything we have worked for? At this moment, I guess I will have to take the bad ping so I can play the game at the level where I am and not be overly financially burdened on repair cost, gearing costs, amongst other cost.  Playing heroics all day everyday to try to keep up with these costs is not fun to me at all. If unrestricted I would luv to make it a new home, but I will probably personally not come to this server at a permanent level and attempt to make it home without my belongings.  Right now I am playing at a bad ping, but at least Im not doing heroics all day every day and I can actually enjoy the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/12/2024 at 1:35 PM, CarinaBenton said:

My apologies for not being clearer. Yes, I know there will have been new raids in the past 10 years. I'm wondering if they are still recently adding raid content guessing from your sarcastic answer that it is still actively receiving content that would include raids, so thanks for answering my question.

Raiders keep the game alive they are the most likely people to have a recurring subscription, story players sub for a month and have everything they need. 
They should be doing all they can to keep the raiders happy given the last op was 2 years ago. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Being a subscriber for this game is actually just insane. You get basically nothing. Raids!? Like in "raids we did the last decade already"? And access to credits!? But you still can't buy anything.

There is no value in paying for sub time. None.

So does that mean you aren't subbed?

Just now, SoontirMorillo said:

Apart from getting all the Cartel Coins from Galactic Season, i in fact did unlock the 7.x expansion cycle, lvl 80, with this very subscription right now. So yes. Tomorrow i will be unsubbed again.

Well despite having a different viewpoint. I don't like seeing anyone unsubbing this fledgling server.

Just my 2 cents in this long, lengthy thread, take it or leave it, I don't care 🤣

So I'm technically a "new sub" since Aug 2022 & I've never played this game before but I'm loving every minute of it so far. & yes, I am an APAC player so there might be a bit of bias in what I'm about to suggest which is:

1) Allow free LEGACY transfers for players who are from the APAC region. Allow these players to bring everything with them, credits earned, achievements, etc, yes EVERYTHING. & before someone screams "Oh it will destroy the economy!!!", erm how many APAC WHALES do u know personally or otherwise who have billions of credits in this 12 year old game? 100 players, 1000 players, 1 million??? Yes, I'm being sarcastic with the 1 million players from APAC lol becos there aren't that many in total anymore. & looking at the history of things when BW shutdown the the original APAC server, it is only FAIR that BS does the right thing & gives us APAC players a tiny corner of this "galaxy, far, far away" to play in

2) For all other players outside of APAC who want to transfer to SV, charge the prevailing 1,000 Cartel Coins / approximately $10USD per character transfer. This makes it so that there is no huge influx of credits besides the APAC "whales" transferring over to SV. After all, there is really no other benefit to SV other than a "fresh start" & super low ping for APAC players, so players outside APAC will get a higher ping which will make them think twice before transferring anyway. Plus, it's a money making opportunity for BS so it's a win for them too 😁

3) Keep the hyper-inflation measures as it is on SV for 2 reasons:

a) It's easier for the devs to maintain across all servers rather than have a separate code set just for SV

b) Remember the APAC "whales" transferring over? What's gonna happen is wealth redistribution; whales will buy crafted stuff, etc. from "poorer" players, with most of the whales' credits getting "eaten up" by the high taxation measures anyways which will more or less "stabilise" the economy on SV. There's a reason to craft & sell or just plain sell stuff on the GTN in SV cos "rich ppl" will buy & the sellers will have enuff for raid repair costs etc. so it all evens out eventually.

Oh well, let's see how it goes....Cheers!

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Being a subscriber for this game is actually just insane. You get basically nothing. Raids!? Like in "raids we did the last decade already"? And access to credits!? But you still can't buy anything.

There is no value in paying for sub time. None.

Paying once for every single expansion cycle is the only economic reasonable decision in this game. Everything else is insane.

Edit: wait... adding cartel coins to the subscriber track of galactic season and doing multiple galactic seasons a year was a good idea. that's why i'm here right now... cash in on all the ccs at the end of the season. tomorrow i'm gone again. perfectly timed.

Getting slightly off topic from discussion regarding the server but that’s a fine viewpoint, I don’t see it that way.

I am in a active guild with people I have played with for years and an active community. We have new people join in and we do instructional ops runs to teach new players tactics and eventually get them going through prog groups doing harder content once they learn the ropes. Along with weekly WB runs and some crazy fun ops runs, undermanning 16m ops is always fun as is doing 8m runs all on anni/ watchman so only getting self heals.  
Once you have done the story it’s the community you make that makes any MMO worth playing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

And paying 11 years of sub time to do the same 11 Operations in this game over and over again is the sane thing to do? Getting content every second or third year, now even with one difficulty level less?

Doing some heroics to get funds for raiding doesn't sound that insane, if you compare it.

Put that is only my opinion.

Wouldn't it be the healthiest option for you to just leave the game?

I've played this game for 11 years but I wasn't always raiding. I've done all content there is to do multiple times, but raiding is what makes me log in for now. If you don't get that, it's not my problem.

What comes to sanity, I would say paying a sub for raiding is a lot more sane thing to do than paying a sub to grind the same old heroics day in day out to get digital credits. You probably don't understand the difference if you haven't been in a good raid group and I'm not even going to try to explain because it would be pointless to do that for someone who compares ops to heroics. 

Let's just agree that you prefer spamming heroics and I like spamming ops and we both have every right to play whatever content we like.

5 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Ah... yes... assumptions. We are back at it. I bet my raid group would wipe the floor with your raid group any time in any OP in any difficulty with 2man less. But this would be an assumption too. So i let your comment slide.

Please do tell: how exactly do you raid in a raid group without subbing? 

This sounds simple enough with the technology we have in 2024, but why not require people to Geo-locate on the website when they go to do a server transfer? If they are actually in an APAC location, let them transfer their stuff to Shae for free, and as much as they want.  And if they are NOT in APAC (like me, I'm a silly American), put caps on the credits/items we can bring and make us pay for our transfers (the usual cost).

In my earlier posts I didn't consider our APAC friends who have been playing this game on US or Euro servers this whole time since we took away their original server. They should be rewarded for sticking with the game, not punished :)

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, jamiesafc said:

Raiders keep the game alive they are the most likely people to have a recurring subscription, story players sub for a month and have everything they need. 
They should be doing all they can to keep the raiders happy given the last op was 2 years ago. 

This is probably true now that BW/BS have driven away the majority of dedicated pvpers. Because once apon a time, pvpers were the games most stable & loyal player base 😞. Before the dark times, Before KOTET/KOFTE, Before 7.0, Before 7.2. 

2 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

This sounds simple enough with the technology we have in 2024, but why not require people to Geo-locate on the website when they go to do a server transfer? If they are actually in an APAC location, let them transfer their stuff to Shae for free, and as much as they want.  And if they are NOT in APAC (like me, I'm a silly American), put caps on the credits/items we can bring and make us pay for our transfers (the usual cost).

In my earlier posts I didn't consider our APAC friends who have been playing this game on US or Euro servers this whole time since we took away their original server. They should be rewarded for sticking with the game, not punished :)

Broadsword seem to have updated the account section on the website since November. It now shows what region you’re from. So there’s no reason they couldn’t do this. IMG_5855.thumb.jpeg.783fd8859ff1ec44db2e406edd583d20.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, heeeysa said:

They aren't making that in 30 minutes, but you can make enough to cover repairs for a long time in that time.

Then you need to play around your life. If you can't afford to raid and your guild can't afford to raid then there's a simple solution...

I assume you've never raided right? It sounds like it

Edited by Kingvedetta

3 minutes ago, frizzydude said:

We've done the content to fund our raiding. You don't seem to understand this. The credits on other servers ARE OUR CREDITS. Why should we be put at a disadvantage for the sake ot your vanity gear that is not required in the game. Why should a single player running solo content in a MMO have more of a say over the community that actually play group content. 

Exactly, we have years of grinding under our belts and do not want to move house and be forced to leave our belongings behind including the wealth we have generated. I play solo content, heroics, and uprisings for fun or I'm bored and not because I have to.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

DK and CZ all of 15 minutes boom 300-400k

Night of raiding paid for.

oh i need more  money black hole and taris 40 minutes 400k to 600k

"I'm a hardcore important raider lah de dah" and don't want to play anything else in the game to fund my raiding. and require that i have everything right this instant without the need to progress. I only run two NiM boss's to gear everything and i even have to cheese one but no "Im a big important raider fiddle de de"<---this statement/mindset is the problem

I need to import all this money (that is not of equal value) to buy your augments that you have spent all the time and effort into crafting while inflating the economy and therefore stealing the effort you have placed into the game so far. Inflating the economy taking away the hard work of the rest of the population.

And your math is flawed

This ain't the real world where the value of currency can be varied. Cred for cred is the same across all servers as others have pointed out countless times only the value of the item changes and the same could be attributed to real life scenarios too. I aint got time to waste playing the GTN game.

I hardly ever post anymore. But I think this topic is important as an APAC player who lives in Australia to provide the devs feedback.

Once I can transfer all my characters & items from the US servers, I won’t ever play on them again. Which makes transferring everything I own very important to me. I won’t be a happy camper if I am forced to leave stuff behind on the old servers, including credits. 

I’ve been a loyal subscriber since swtor launched on the original APAC servers. I only stopped subscribing for a total of 12 months in the 12 years of playing. I’ve spent at least $3000, if not $4000 on this game. And I believe EA, BioWare or Broadsword owe me the courtesy of transferring all my characters over for free because I was forced to transfer to the US & that includes my credits & everything else I’ve collected. 

Here’s hoping this info is still being read by @JackieKo

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Totemdancer said:

I hardly ever post anymore. But I think this topic is important as an APAC player who lives in Australia to provide the devs feedback.

Once I can transfer all my characters & items from the US servers, I won’t ever play on them again. Which makes transferring everything I own very important to me. I won’t be a happy camper if I am forced to leave stuff behind on the old servers, including credits. 

I’ve been a loyal subscriber since swtor launched on the original APAC servers. I only stopped subscribing for a total of 12 months in the 12 years of playing. I’ve spent at least $3000, if not $4000 on this game. And I believe EA, BioWare or Broadsword owe me the courtesy of transferring all my characters over for free because I was forced to transfer to the US & that includes my credits & everything else I’ve collected. 

Here’s hoping this info is still being read by @JackieKo

100%! This is our new home so we should get to take our stuff with us like we did when we were forced off the APAC servers in the first place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

The only solution if you want the money from the other server there needs to be an exchange rate to preserve its actual value in the new economy you are transferring it into.

That only works if the devs also reduce the newly implemented credits sinks & price increases for repairs at the same exchange rate. If they aren’t willing to do that for APAC server, then they shouldn’t do it to the credits either. Otherwise that isn’t a fair exchange. 

• Like 1

Just now, Totemdancer said:

That only works if the devs also reduce the newly implemented credits sinks & price increases for repairs at the same exchange rate. If they aren’t willing to do that for APAC server, then they shouldn’t do it to the credits either. Otherwise that isn’t a fair exchange. 

and given that this idea would give them a lit of room to adjust these measures.