Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

5 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

It's pretty obvious you haven't done any progression raiding, or you would know that not repairing your gear IS game breaking. The other seven people in the group might be able to carry one guy who can't afford to repair their gear, but if the whole group stops repairing, you might as well go naked after a few wipes. Good luck trying to finish MM ops naked.

Go do some heroic content in a group and discord with your friends. Spend time outside raiding to build individual wealth.

ATM every piece of content is valued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

Then why is SV not dead? I'm pretty confident the average player will be fine with credit limits.

Dude, it basically is if you compare to any other server or even compare it to just before 7.4 launched. 

And doing any group content now below lvl 80 is nearly impossible. You can completely forget about PvP in lowbies or mids now. 

The server is a grave yard at the moment. I’m Hoping transfers will help. But even now, I’m very worried it’s too little, too late because BS messed up the scheduling for the launch & didn’t have any marketing ready.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

10 hours ago, Toraak said:
18 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

What I head from your many, many posts is:

Move the server to US, those APAC players do not deserve a regional server.

Thanks for the laugh. Your completely correct, but it is still funny.

Admits freely to being a non APAC player that just wants the server moved... I do hope BS take THIS into consideration when making rules for the APAC regional server.

9 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

I once again agree they should do something about repair cost

So your position has changed from what it was where you said (I am not going to find the exact wording) you have to stop spending money in one area to spend it in another, like you stopped repairing to get a guild ship.
Does this mean you realise there is more to it? 

36 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Here’s a pretty good summation I read of what’s happened with SV.

https://swtorcommando.blogspot.com/2024/01/the-end-of-galactic-season-5-future-of.html?m=1

Thanks for sharing a blog post. It's pretty depressing to read especially when SV is going to dip harder after GS are over. I have read many arguments for credit limits or not here but regardless server transfers need to happen asap.

9 hours ago, Dylanof said:

Go do some heroic content in a group and discord with your friends. Spend time outside raiding to build individual wealth.

ATM every piece of content is valued.

This isn't Star Wars Tycoon and I'm not playing this game to gain wealth. I play this game to raid. If I can't afford to raid, I won't be playing. 

And clearly you don't really think that every piece of content is valued when you want to get rid of raiders.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

This isn't Star Wars Tycoon and I'm not playing this game to gain wealth. I play this game to raid. If I can't afford to raid, I won't be playing. 

And clearly you don't really think that every piece of content is valued when you want to get rid of raiders.

That because you are not willing to run any other content than raids. You are not understanding the 340 blue is perfectly fine to run 97% of the content in the game.

Money on the other server is highly inflated and some restriction needs to be put in place as to how much is imported. If craft costs go up the end product goes up the credit loses value the cost of the augments go up cartel item companion compendiums. everything goes up. 

I proposed a solution for no gear damage inside NiM operations which would have a less detrimental impact on the economy but you need to understand there is more to the game than just raiding.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

That because you are not willing to run any other content than raids. You are not understanding the 340 blue is perfectly fine to run 97% of the content in the game.

Money on the other server is highly inflated and some restriction needs to be put in place as to how much is imported. If craft costs go up the end product goes up the credit loses value the cost of the augments go up cartel item companion compendiums. everything goes up. 

I proposed a solution for no gear damage inside NiM operations which would have a less detrimental impact on the economy but you need to understand there is more to the game than just raiding.

Did it ever occur to you that people have done the story (countless times), have PVP'ed. done GSF, Alliance chapters, seeker droids, run solo content (dailies/heroics etc) and found that raiding is what keeps them playing? I can say hand on heart if there was no PVP or raiding I wouldn't play and I've done everything in this game. 

34 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

That's because I've played this game for over 11 years, leveled up  120+ characters and the only reason I still play is raiding. I'm not going to pay sub to do heroics, that would be silly, and I'm definitely not going to spam heroics just to be able to play content that I like. I also have no intention to go back to blue 340 gear when I already have full Rakata set just to protect some unsustainable digital economy. You personally may not need higher gear because you aren't doing harder content, but that is not a good reason to demand no-one else should be doing it or gearing up for it either. It's quite obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

People in this game want to play different content. You want me to understand that there is more to the game than raiding: I understand that. Been there, done that, got the wealth on other servers, and found credit farming extremely boring. But this really goes both ways: you also need to understand that raiders want to raid, not spam heroics. If we can't raid, we won't play at all. When you get bored of farming heroics and start to look at group content, it's going to be really difficult to get groups because raiders already left the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

And paying 11 years of sub time to do the same 11 Operations in this game over and over again is the sane thing to do? Getting content every second or third year, now even with one difficulty level less?

Doing some heroics to get funds for raiding doesn't sound that insane, if you compare it.

Put that is only my opinion.

Wouldn't it be the healthiest option for you to just leave the game?

Probably

On 1/20/2024 at 9:51 PM, FrontLineFodder said:

fin

image.png.7d40da9630342a65035fe3c41f4394c7.png

Just now, MuskyBoy said:

So all the players who have come from the American servers can "start their adventure" again? I have over 40 lvl 80's over 3 servers, why should I have to start again? Sorry I've done all the content in levelling, endgame is all that keeps me here. That's why the cost of endgame gearing matters. That 60 million + I quoted is based on the server now, not the American servers but SV. 

so how much would it cost you to craft the augs i am assuming is making up the majority of that price ?

6 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

so how much would it cost you to craft the augs i am assuming is making up the majority of that price ?

The mats can be farmed, however getting my companions up does cost about 4 million a companion to 50 and yes that's important both from a time perspective and a critical chance perspective so that will be about 32 million per crew skill to get 8 companions to 50.  I haven't even mention the approximate 3 million it costs getting your skills to 700. Thats 18 million right there.

Edited by MuskyBoy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MuskyBoy said:

The mats can be farmed, however getting my companions up does cost about 4 million a companion to 50 and yes that's important both from a time perspective and a critical chance perspective so that will be about 32 million per crew skill to get 8 companions to 50. 

it has been cheaper to purchase the commander compendiums off the GTN instant 50 comp price between 1.3 to 2m also jawa scrap can get a driod comp to 50 for free if you are slicing a lot.

I am workign on 2 50 comps per toons atm not to mention most comps are 40 after opening al my heroic boxs. 

5 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

it has been cheaper to purchase the commander compendiums off the GTN instant 50 comp price between 1.3 to 2m also jawa scrap can get a driod comp to 50 for free if you are slicing a lot.

I am workign on 2 50 comps per toons atm not to mention most comps are 40 after opening al my heroic boxs. 

I'm spending anything on my companions until I get my credits in the transfers and they will be much more expensive then. I'll do a comparison but even allowing for your current numbers 1.3 x 8 = 10.4 million, that's 1 crew skill with 8 crafters multiply that by 6 and you get the cost. (62.4 million) and the 18 million to get you skills up and you are looking at 80 million.

Edited by MuskyBoy

5 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

I'm spending anything on my companions until I get my credits in the transfers and they will be much more expensive then. I'll do a comparison but even allowing for your current numbers 1.3 x 8 = 10.4 million, that's 1 crew skill with 8 crafters multiply that by 6 and you get the cost. (62.4 million) and the 18 million to get you skills up and you are looking at 80 million.

See thats the issue right there and the issue i see with a lot of people complaining about fees everything built out instantly etc.

I understand you have everything built up on the other server but at the current time this has been a fresh start environment. You knew this coming in, and because after two months of work you don't have 100% of everything you had on the other server. People where very lucky they allowed character boosts off the bat this was basically a transfer you didn't have to level you had access to the heroics straight way and gear progression instantly all while the rest of us took the slow path and where happy for it doing the games content and enjoying it.

I'm personally happy with my progression and understand things in MMOs take time to build and progress.  but people are saying well because i have to do x to fund y the game is bad and i need to import xyz amount of credits or im quiting. I've heard this all over today. Final sanction where is there to go after this. that is why i started the other thread to discuss what would be reasonable in the terms of what brings value to the server.

• Thanks 1

As a returning end-game player, I wanted to share my perspective on what I believe would improve the gaming experience. I've appreciated the fresh economy in the new server, where everyone starts on an equal playing field. However, a few issues have caught my attention:

Character Transfers: Many players from the U.S. servers have invested substantial time in building legacies and achievements. It's crucial to implement character transfers to allow them to retain their hard-earned progress, making it a necessity in my opinion.

Server Transfer of Credits with Characters: Balancing the transfer of credits is challenging, considering the potential impact on the server economy. To address this, I propose a capped amount per legacy, rather than per character. I wasn't going to give a number but this is MY opinion so ill go with 100 million per legacy or less if they change repair funds. I know people are going to say more!!! less!!!! IDK. 

Cost of Repair Funds: End-game players engaging in challenging content on a fresh server face ridiculous repair costs. While these costs might be acceptable on an inflated server, they are disproportionately high in this context on a fresh server. I recommend a substantial reduction, ideally by at least 10 times, or even considering making it free, similar to PVP repair costs. This adjustment would cater to players with limited time for daily farming or engaging in the GTN.

APAC Ping: The significant improvement in ping, from 280MS on U.S. servers to 23-30MS on the new server, has been a game-changer for many returning players, including myself. This enhanced connection has notably improved the gaming experience, especially in MM Raids and PVP.

Reduce the price of Augments and Augment Kits: I know GOLD Augments are only far end game luxury but trying to get these things are ridiculous and feels so far out of reach for 98% of players on this server currently. Perhaps less materials to craft would be a good start even if its 3 x OEM and RPMs.       

While these suggestions may not address all the issues, they serve as a starting point. As a returning MM Raider and casual PVPer with thousands of hours invested in the game, I hope that the team at BROADSWORD takes into account the feedback from end-game players. I am optimistic about the future of SWTOR (cough) under their care and look forward to seeing it evolve and thrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Repair costs? That sucked on day 1, it's been well over a month. If you choose to do something that requires credits you farm for it, like everybody else. It's most certainly not a valid reason to ruin a server with insane credit transfers. Everyone I talk to either wants no transfers at all or no credit transfer at the very least. The fact they are even considering letting credits through at all is cause for concern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

Repair costs? That sucked on day 1, it's been well over a month. If you choose to do something that requires credits you farm for it, like everybody else. It's most certainly not a valid reason to ruin a server with insane credit transfers. Everyone I talk to either wants no transfers at all or no credit transfer at the very least. The fact they are even considering letting credits through at all is cause for concern.

One of the factors in a prog raid team is wiping. You may wipe 15 times on one boss in one night, that's an awful lot of credits being wasted for repairs to play the part of the game they enjoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

Sure is; you aren't wiping all day, every day though. You can do some heroics and pay that off in less than 30 minutes.

These people have no interest in solo content. IWhy can't people understand that? They log in raid and leave. That's what they enjoy. And no 30 minutes of heroics will not cover 15 wipes in 344 gear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Easily will. Most people are making 2-4m per day at the moment because buying stuff is actually possible. It's a great incentive to actually play the game instead of being locked out of purchasing anything at all. If they aren't prepared to maintain their gear then the rest of the server shouldn't suffer because of the laziness of a few.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, heeeysa said:

Easily will. Most people are making 2-4m per day at the moment because buying stuff is actually possible. It's a great incentive to actually play the game instead of being locked out of purchasing anything at all. If they aren't prepared to maintain their gear then the rest of the server shouldn't suffer because of the laziness of a few.

You think most people are making 2-4 per day farming heroics and dailies, lol in 30 minutes, got news for you those that are doing that are spending hrs every day doing those. I have more news for you most players are not going to spend hrs every day farming heroics/dailies to do the part of the game they want to do. Most have lives. 

• Thanks 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.