7.4 Livestream coming October 18th!

JackieKo

18 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It will default to the lowest price first. So you will always know what the lowest price is. The people selling will just undercut the cheapest each time they list.

This is exactly how the Auction house in GW2 operates & you can’t make any credits in that game selling CM type items.

But they have also setup their game market so you can buy gold directly from them & not third party sellers. So people there don’t need to buy & sell items to get gold & the gold sellers have nothing to sell.

This is very different to how swtor CM operates. And unless Broadswords plan is to sell credits directly to players, this will eat into their CM income. 

ah i see, thanks.

Could care less about live streams, but I am having trouble finding a post about the new gear levels/requirements. One of my guilds sent out emails about it, but I can't seem to find a comprehensive overview of what to expect in terms of gearing in 7.4. Where is that, please? In writing, I am not sitting through a video/live stream.

17 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Could care less about live streams, but I am having trouble finding a post about the new gear levels/requirements. 

I can't seem to find a comprehensive overview of what to expect in terms of gearing in 7.4. Where is that, please? In writing

All you had to do was read the OP to see the 'recap' link--> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231019

Other than that link,  there's  this player thread--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931670-344-gear-why/

Eventually, maybe this week, more  official info will be posted here--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931701-74-pts-update/

1 minute ago, Nee-Elder said:

All you had to do was read the OP to see the 'recap' link--> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231019

Other than that link,  there's  this player thread--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931670-344-gear-why/

Eventually, maybe this week, more  official info will be posted here--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931701-74-pts-update/

Yeah, read all that, nothing specific about the gear rating increases (none at all in your first link, which was also the first place I looked . . . and found nada). Thanks for the links, though, I will keep an eye on that last one for sure. :)

On 10/20/2023 at 9:17 PM, Saeten said:

"...most of the community..."  This is not accurate at all. Most of the community is running 336 modded gear. Very few have done any R4 or R4 grinding.  I agree that folks should be able to trade in 340 blue for something instead of the small return of items from deconstructing. But, to go from 340 blue to 340 rakata purple would be a disaster for gear leveling.  Take it a notch down or two like 334 or 336 rakata.  340 blue to 340 rakata would be equal to turning in Columni 336 for Rakata 336.

No since blues are from r4 hm their currently the Best in Slot for tanks. Not the purples. Tanks would be not in a great position since most run blues in end game content. 

2 hours ago, codydmaan said:

No since blues are from r4 hm their currently the Best in Slot for tanks. Not the purples. Tanks would be not in a great position since most run blues in end game content. 

Guess we'll have to see about 344 vs R4 blues then, eh? I would expect 344 to be better. Even blue 344 from Zeek. If this is what I'm reading correctly.

29 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Guess we'll have to see about 344 vs R4 blues then, eh? I would expect 344 to be better. Even blue 344 from Zeek. If this is what I'm reading correctly.

Hyde/Zeek are only going to 340's according to the stream.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:48 PM, Nee-Elder said:

Thanks for posting the recap , @JackieKo ,  as well as for uploading it into the official SWTOR YouTube page. :ph_thank_you:

While i was very grateful  to see one of my submitted images  for ORICON made it into the 'finalist'  round of Best View in SWTOR contest  this year  ( 2:25 mark of that last embedded sub-video --> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231019 )  and very pleased to see the new 'specularity'  dye possibilities,  i'm also extremely disappointed  there wasn't any mention at all  about GSF development in the Livestream.

None.

Please  @EricMusco  &  @KeithKanneg , could u guys explain  why?  Why no joystick support?  Why no unlockable space maps for guild training?  Why no explorable space zones for resource mining & contraband smuggling?  Why no PVE space quests?  etc. etc. etc.  --- Is EA really gatekeeping SWTOR still because of  perceived 'SW:Squadrons' conflict?!?

*If it's a lack of code familiarity from current downsized Dev staff , just tell us and at least we could understand that.  Otherwise, it's a complete waste of SPACE and truly baffling to me & many others  as to why the 'STAR' in  Star Wars  is so utterly neglected here after all these years.  :(  

( heck, i'd even settle for this type of new GSF content being some Cartel Market money purcha$e, if that's what it would take to get it done. )

It is so annoying they keep ignoring GSF. 

GSF is the only aspect of the game where all around you has been made purely with pvp in mind. Yet, it isn't part of PvP seasons. This could work as a punchline for some joke, if it weren't so sad.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So just to make sure I understand the gearing...

If I have purple 336 gear today, I will be able to upgrade that gear to 344 with OP1s and whatever else?

If I have purple 340 gear today, I will have to convert it using R4HM tokens, then I can upgrade it to 344 with OP1s and whatever else?

I'm surprised they didn't talk about new SH lol
I think someone from devs said that we'll get new one outside of Galactic Season (Bought by GS tokens). And we are going to Ord Mantell, some people years ago already wanted a SH on Ord Mantell. Specifically, inside the Volcano. With that they are creating new area on Rep planet for both factions, this was great chance to add new SH on such planet in Volcano (Secret Base or something).
It seems nope.

2 hours ago, kekrot said:

Any update on the state of PTS? "Early next week" now it's Thursday. Really want to get in and test this.

I don't think they specified which next week they were talking about.  In BS speak, the probably just meant soon™.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:19 PM, JackieKo said:

What’s happening with PvP? 

As mentioned in the stream, PvP Season 4 will be starting on November 7th. Players can see the PvP Season 4 rewards now because they went in with 7.3.1. In similar fashion, Season 5 rewards will be going in with 7.4. We’ll have more details about Season 4 before it goes live. 

When it comes to matchmaking, we want to reiterate what Musco posted a while ago. Getting players into a match in a timely manner is going to be the highest priority when it comes to queuing for PvP. As a reminder: 

• We will try to match up players by their group sizes. We want to encourage matches of premades vs premades, etc.
  • There are role limits per team. No more than 2 healers or 2 tanks per team in a Warzone.
  • Players always have a hidden MMR (rough skill ranking) that we use to match them against other players.

To reiterate further, although matchmaking takes these rules into consideration, it will break them over time to get players into matches given the priority is to get players a pop. Any adjustments we make will be made based on the data we see and collect over time. 

Um, so wait, you guys have an mmr system? As a newer player just reading how the old system worked I get why you guys removed it. But I have to say learning that you guys have a system to track mmr makes it inexcusable that you don’t have any ranking system. Just showing the ranking you track already in some way would be a great start. Besides finishing the weekly quests faster (a horrible reason), there’s no incentive to try in pvp. This creates way more toxicity right now than some very broad ranking system would. Take that mmr and make a cr similar to wow and then grant stuff based on it at the end of a PvP season. The PvP seasons thing is a great baseline you guys made and I like it tbh, it just is missing some competitive element. Use your already existing systems and then award the 15th percentile one title, 30th another, and then maybe 60ish another at season end. That eliminates the toxicity issues of the old top 3 system and it’s about as low effort and high reward as you can get. This is not a case of “lol devs r lazy” or “they don’t have the resources.” You guys already have the system and the data.

If it works then maybe do flairs or pets or whatever but honestly that doesn’t matter that much. What matters is giving people something to work and compete for and make their time and effort feel valuable. I streamed swtor PvP on discord to 5 friends from WoW and all of them thought the gameplay looked amazing but the lack of ranking structure keeps them from playing. I know they are not the only people out there who won’t play or have quit playing entirely because of there being no ranking system. You guys are running an mmo game. A key component of mmos is for players to have things they work hard for, and then obtain rewards from, so they can distinguish themselves and display these rewards out in the world. Not having that makes people just feel like it’s pointless and they’ll continue to play something else that rewards them for their time investment. 

Edited by SoyElSenado
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SoyElSenado said:

Um, so wait, you guys have an mmr system?

This surprised me too. It would be interesting to know how that mmr factors into matchmaking. Because I have the vague feeling that it puts really bad players and really good players in the same team, to achieve some form of "balance". Which creates the exact kind of toxicity they originally wanted to get rid of. Ironic. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Whykara said:

This surprised me too. It would be interesting to know how that mmr factors into matchmaking. Because I have the vague feeling that it puts really bad players and really good players in the same team, to achieve some form of "balance". Which creates the exact kind of toxicity they originally wanted to get rid of. Ironic. 

1000%. Before starting swtor PvP like 4 months ago, I played wow PvP competitively with some breaks since 2010. The toxicity I experienced my first week pvping in swtor far exceeded anything I dealt with all that time in WoW pvp, including at 2.4k+ rating. Personally I think the toxicity I experienced was deserved because I didn’t bother to look into how gearing worked and was trying to gear up queuing arena/wz with <320 ilvl. Most people who just try PvP out or want to casually queue up are not going to have that perspective though. 

Also if the mmr is based on w/l mostly and they made that something that actually mattered reward/incentive wise, toxicity would go down, not up. For example, right now many experienced pvpers don’t even play the objective in wz and instead just focus on killing/messing with opposing players, and not supporting their team… this is quite literally the epitome of the toxic gameplay they wanted to eliminate. It will continue until there is a penalty for losing that pvpers care about beyond a stupid quest log multiplier. Experienced pvpers either don’t care about the quest rewards or they play enough games in a week that winning or losing is irrelevant.

Edited by SoyElSenado
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 10:12 AM, curulz said:

So just to make sure I understand the gearing...

See this new thread--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931765-gearing-feedback-pts-thread/

(And ask any questions in there ^ )

16 hours ago, kekrot said:

Any update on the state of PTS? "Early next week"

now it's Thursday.

Indeed it is--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931762-74-content-on-the-public-test-server-is-now-live/