7.4 Livestream coming October 18th!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone! 

Happy to let you all know that we will be hosting a livestream next week for Game Update 7.4! Official announcement can be found here. Please give it a read as the post does contain an intro note from Rob Denton, the President of Broadsword and from Keith as well! 

Stream details:

I'll be locking this thread to post updates here as needed, and when the stream is wrapped, I'll be opening it up for discussion. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Linking the recap here for easy access!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

• JackieKo changed the title to 7.4 Livestream coming October 18th!
  • Dev Post

Hi all! 

Thanks to everyone who watched the stream today! I'll be making posts in the PTS sub-forums when we are ready to open up PTS. 

I also did see feedback regarding the jetpack codes, and we'll be brainstorming ideas on different ways to distribute fun promos during the next stream. Speaking of codes, don't forget to redeem code LotSVizla on this page to redeem a Shae Vizla poster Stronghold deco! If you have not gotten the Heta Kol poster, this code will also allow you to obtain that deco as well! 

Lastly, the recap article will be going up either later today or tomorrow. 

Again, thanks for joining us and we'll see you on the PTS! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• JackieKo unpinned and unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all! 

Thanks to everyone who watched the stream today! I'll be making posts in the PTS sub-forums when we are ready to open up PTS. 

I also did see feedback regarding the jetpack codes, and we'll be brainstorming ideas on different ways to distribute fun promos during the next stream. Speaking of codes, don't forget to redeem code LotSVizla on this page to redeem a Shae Vizla poster Stronghold deco! If you have not gotten the Heta Kol poster, this code will also allow you to obtain that deco as well! 

Some of us on the other side of the world couldn’t watch it live as we were asleep. Any chance you’re going to post a link that lets us watch a recording? 

On 10/18/2023 at 4:46 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Some of us on the other side of the world couldn’t watch it live as we were asleep. Any chance you’re going to post a link that lets us watch a recording? 

It should eventually  also be posted here--> https://www.youtube.com/@swtheoldrepublic/videos

( not sure why it hasn't already been posted there yet , but  it should be  uploaded there by  end of day tomorrow )

Edited by Nee-Elder

7 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all! 

Thank you for the stream! It was really fun to watch, I wish you could do these more often even.

I loved your hair, it was very jedi-like 😊

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JackieKo said:

I also did see feedback regarding the jetpack codes, and we'll be brainstorming ideas on different ways to distribute fun promos during the next stream.

What about twitch drops? Would it be hard to implement?

I thought it was good. More positive and forward-looking than I expected. Can't help feeling they need to kick up the frequency of content releases if those are going to be smaller, but I would say that wouldn't I because I'm a Filthy Casual mmo player. ;) Would love to see that Road Map!

I LOVED the stuff about cutscene lighting - will make such a difference for the class stories - and I LOVED the new dye packs. Looked amazing.

• Like 1

The livestream was ok, it had very little I didn't expect though.

I'm looking forward to the story and returning to Ord Mantell and seeing how Lane progresses with the basilisk droids. Can't say I'm overly thrilled about yet another gear level increase and quite frankly, none of the new cartel items interest me.

I hope 7.4 is somewhat close to 7.2 and 7.3 when it comes to content. SWTOR can hardly afford another 7.0 debacle...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, varietasplus said:

I like the class balance changes

Class balance changes are never part of the big discussion, they're mostly communicated through the patch notes. There will most definitely be class balance changes in 7.4.

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

I linked the recap of the stream in the OP. But just so this gets picked up on the dev tracker, here's the recap article!  I'm also consolidating some of the questions I'm seeing across various platforms. Will try to post a follow up soon! 

Question: Please, let us get this HK-24 unit as companion instead of Basilisk Droid.
The only interesting thing in that whole 7.4 story. I will take every chance to weaken mandalorians and benefit it for myself.

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

I linked the recap of the stream in the OP. But just so this gets picked up on the dev tracker, here's the recap article!  I'm also consolidating some of the questions I'm seeing across various platforms. Will try to post a follow up soon! 

Thank you for the info Jackie.

Also, any update on a APAC AWS server?
I ask because the ping spikes on US servers is much worse since you migrated to AWS, making it very difficult to PvP or do harder content. And sadly WTFast doesn’t seem to work with AWS 😞

Lastly, is there any hope you guys will reduce Warzone premade group sizes back to 4 man limit? Have you even discussed this internally as it is a problem that needs addressing or you’ll lose what remaining pvpers you have. 

For sure get a stable code that isn't a once over code next time! A bunch of players felt ripped off by the Jetpack code during the stream some even leaving after we found out it was a once over code. Chat bots redeemed them all in like 2 seconds of dropping. Obviously that small bit did not leave a good impression to many people. Not to mention them going into the whole dye and new armor sets afterwards felt more like a marketing tactic than real content. Also, who keeps dropping these no jetpack Mandalorian armor sets! 😬

Anyways, just my feedback on the stream and I am sure a few others feel the same way.

19 hours ago, JackieKo said:

I linked the recap of the stream in the OP. But just so this gets picked up on the dev tracker, here's the recap article! 

Thanks for posting the recap , @JackieKo ,  as well as for uploading it into the official SWTOR YouTube page. :ph_thank_you:

While i was very grateful  to see one of my submitted images  for ORICON made it into the 'finalist'  round of Best View in SWTOR contest  this year  ( 2:25 mark of that last embedded sub-video --> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231019 )  and very pleased to see the new 'specularity'  dye possibilities,  i'm also extremely disappointed  there wasn't any mention at all  about GSF development in the Livestream.

None.

Please  @EricMusco  &  @KeithKanneg , could u guys explain  why?  Why no joystick support?  Why no unlockable space maps for guild training?  Why no explorable space zones for resource mining & contraband smuggling?  Why no PVE space quests?  etc. etc. etc.  --- Is EA really gatekeeping SWTOR still because of  perceived 'SW:Squadrons' conflict?!?

*If it's a lack of code familiarity from current downsized Dev staff , just tell us and at least we could understand that.  Otherwise, it's a complete waste of SPACE and truly baffling to me & many others  as to why the 'STAR' in  Star Wars  is so utterly neglected here after all these years.  :(  

( heck, i'd even settle for this type of new GSF content being some Cartel Market money purcha$e, if that's what it would take to get it done. )

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone! 

Happy to let you all know that we will be hosting a livestream next week for Game Update 7.4! Official announcement can be found here. Please give it a read as the post does contain an intro note from Rob Denton, the President of Broadsword and from Keith as well! 

Stream details:

I'll be locking this thread to post updates here as needed, and when the stream is wrapped, I'll be opening it up for discussion. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Linking the recap here for easy access!

So the update live stream said "Virulent" gear from r4 can be upgraded to 344 at the vendor. However what about the blue Hazardous gear that is 340. Will that be available to convert as well?