What the Dev's can do in 8.0 (or sooner) to improve the SWTOR experience for players.

SentinalMasterWW

I critique the Dev's alot for this game, but I want to do a good faith critique to offer some ideas/solutions for the Dev's rather than complain with no solution on the problems facing SWTOR. The dev's put too much time in pointless little things like, "oh you can change the color of the HUD" rather than fixing the issues plaguing this game. If the Dev's continue to ignore the issues, we'll see a continued drop in players. Let me know your thoughts, but please be courteous, this is meant to be a constructive conversation if you disagree that is fine, but lets keep it civil.

Gearing 

-One of the ideas I have for renewing interest in gearing toons is an idea from the Borderlands games, which is adding a new endgame rarity, Pearl or Cyan Rarity. My idea for this Cyan Rarity is that it would be 344 iRating. How do you obtain this new rarity? Cyan Items have a chance to drop from all sources in game, but have an increased chance to drop in Harder Content. So for example a Nim raid lets say has a 80% chance at getting Pearl, while a story has a 30-40% chance. The numbers are not set in stone, if they actually did something likes this there would need to be testing to fine tune it. PVP would be interesting in setting the drop rates, but again it would have to be fine tuned. This idea of a new rarity gives purpose to old content and encourages players to play harder content, besides farming Vet Flashpoints for gear. Currently R-4 defeats the purpose of other operations because R-4 is the only place to get 340 Gear currently. Cyan also gives that mountain to climb for gearing again like in 6.0 with the Legendary Armor sets.

-Remove the Flashpoint, Operation, and Conquest Tokens, and Vendors and combine them into one currency, PVE Tokens. This streamlines the process and makes gearing simple, How do you get PVE tokens? Do any form of PVE content, How do you get PVP tokens? Do PVP. How do you get R-4 tokens? Do R-4. It makes gearing simple and straightforward. 

Economy 

-Remove the Quick travel Cost on Starter Planets, and their Capital World (Coruscant, DK). This lets new players not have to worry about saving money for QT, and lets them start building funds. By the time the first actual planet comes, they should have enough money to QT without worry. 

-Lower Peer to peer trade cost, at max it should be 100 Credits, A lot of vet players will go to starter planets and give newbies money to help them get started, the inflated trade cost tax prevents that.  

-Add more items to the Cartel Market vendors in the Bazaar, Add stuff like Master Datacrons, or More Dyes, or even Cartel stuff from a few years back. This adds an additional money sink for those who have rep and have CC Certificates laying around.

-Add a Vendor that sells augments and kits, Augments to me are MASSIVELY inflated in price and is contributing to the inflation we see on the GTN. Adding a dedicated vendor addresses this issue, adds in more money sinks, and also lets players gear up better on Alts. 

-for PVP'ers add a vendor that sells the old Battlemaster gear, its hard to get nowadays as the only place to get them is from crafters who had the schematic back in the day, or trying your luck on the GTN. 

-Also if possible a Cap increase for tech frags, 15,000 seems like a fair cap. 

Levelling

-The dev's need to add back all abilites, The current system causes players to go 20 Levels without getting anything, I can tell you, you don't feel effective at all in Combat until your level 47 when you get your third ability, until than you are just using your filler abilities while your class ones are on cooldown. The game was also just not Balanced/Designed with the current system in place, levelling is slow and boring. If they need to replace those slots in the CS Trees, just put in some old 6.0 era passive mods, until they can refine CS Trees in an update. I'd also Change the Levels at which you get your class abilites, Level 10 should be the first, 24 or 26 for the 2nd, Level 38 for the third, and level 56 for the final. 

PVP 

- Disable tacticals in Midbie PVP, its completly broken right now, Lower Players should not be punished for having to go against a level 79 in 306 Gear with gold Augs. 

-Lower Premade players down to 4, They should not be able to have a full guild go against solo players. 

-Consider raising the cap of PVP gear from 332 to 336.  

There are probably more ways but just any one of these being done would help the game, The Dev's need to stop worrying about Changing the UI for the 8th time, and focus on improving the ACTUAL game. 

If you have any ideas feel free to share them.

45 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

The dev's put too much time in pointless little things like, "oh you can change the color of the HUD" rather than fixing the issues plaguing this game

That is a usability/accessibility issue, and it's important to the people who were previously obstructed by the old fixed HUD colours.  (There were repeated complaints about it over the years.  Not *frequent*, but repeated.)

49 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Add a Vendor that sells augments and kits, Augments to me are MASSIVELY inflated in price and is contributing to the inflation we see on the GTN. Adding a dedicated vendor addresses this issue, adds in more money sinks, and also lets players gear up better on Alts. 

If you think the GTN prices are too high, train suitable crafters and craft your own.  It will be much cheaper.  (Every(1) single one of those augments/kits on the GTN was crafted by another player.)

(1) Yes, *all* of them.  There used to be (and may still be) 230-rated augments that dropped from foes in the Umbara flashpoint, but I think think those were BoP.

53 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

The current system causes players to go 20 Levels without getting anything,

I haven't noticed that happening.  I get a procession of abilities along the way to level 20.

54 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

I can tell you, you don't feel effective at all in Combat until your level 47 when you get your third ability,

*You* might not feel effective, but don't speak for the rest of us (and in any event, it's strongly dependent on your combat style).  And I know my bar has a lot more than just three abilities long before level 47.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That is a usability/accessibility issue, and it's important to the people who were previously obstructed by the old fixed HUD colours.  (There were repeated complaints about it over the years.  Not *frequent*, but repeated.)

I get one update, like making stuff for people who are colorblind etc, but making a focal point of changing the UI every patch feels like a waste of resources, when they could have put time into other things. 

7 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

If you think the GTN prices are too high, train suitable crafters and craft your own.  It will be much cheaper.  (Every(1) single one of those augments/kits on the GTN was crafted by another player.)

I have done crafting and its not for me, same goes for a large portion of the community. A majority of players get Augments of the GTN because they don't do crafting. Augments do make a difference, especially in something like PVP. Straight up having a vendor sell them, cuts out a lot of bloat. Sure Crafters takes a hit to money making, but the GTN is one of the main culprits in why inflation is terrible. 

9 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I haven't noticed that happening.  I get a procession of abilities along the way to level 20.

9 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

*You* might not feel effective, but don't speak for the rest of us (and in any event, it's strongly dependent on your combat style).  And I know my bar has a lot more than just three abilities long before level 47.

The rate at which abilities are gotten is dependent on which class you are playing, there have been players reporting for example that levelling PT's/VG's is atrocious due to the lack of abilities you get and the long periods between when you get them. It is far better to just throw everything in for everyone. 6.0 had a far better smoother levelling experience, because it felt like every few levels you were getting something.

1 hour ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

I critique the Dev's alot for this game, but I want to do a good faith critique to offer some ideas/solutions for the Dev's rather than complain with no solution on the problems facing SWTOR. The dev's put too much time in pointless little things like, "oh you can change the color of the HUD" rather than fixing the issues plaguing this game. If the Dev's continue to ignore the issues, we'll see a continued drop in players. Let me know your thoughts, but please be courteous, this is meant to be a constructive conversation if you disagree that is fine, but lets keep it civil.

Gearing 

-One of the ideas I have for renewing interest in gearing toons is an idea from the Borderlands games, which is adding a new endgame rarity, Pearl or Cyan Rarity. My idea for this Cyan Rarity is that it would be 344 iRating. How do you obtain this new rarity? Cyan Items have a chance to drop from all sources in game, but have an increased chance to drop in Harder Content. So for example a Nim raid lets say has a 80% chance at getting Pearl, while a story has a 30-40% chance. The numbers are not set in stone, if they actually did something likes this there would need to be testing to fine tune it. PVP would be interesting in setting the drop rates, but again it would have to be fine tuned. This idea of a new rarity gives purpose to old content and encourages players to play harder content, besides farming Vet Flashpoints for gear. Currently R-4 defeats the purpose of other operations because R-4 is the only place to get 340 Gear currently. Cyan also gives that mountain to climb for gearing again like in 6.0 with the Legendary Armor sets.

-Remove the Flashpoint, Operation, and Conquest Tokens, and Vendors and combine them into one currency, PVE Tokens. This streamlines the process and makes gearing simple, How do you get PVE tokens? Do any form of PVE content, How do you get PVP tokens? Do PVP. How do you get R-4 tokens? Do R-4. It makes gearing simple and straightforward. 

Economy 

-Remove the Quick travel Cost on Starter Planets, and their Capital World (Coruscant, DK). This lets new players not have to worry about saving money for QT, and lets them start building funds. By the time the first actual planet comes, they should have enough money to QT without worry. 

-Lower Peer to peer trade cost, at max it should be 100 Credits, A lot of vet players will go to starter planets and give newbies money to help them get started, the inflated trade cost tax prevents that.  

-Add more items to the Cartel Market vendors in the Bazaar, Add stuff like Master Datacrons, or More Dyes, or even Cartel stuff from a few years back. This adds an additional money sink for those who have rep and have CC Certificates laying around.

-Add a Vendor that sells augments and kits, Augments to me are MASSIVELY inflated in price and is contributing to the inflation we see on the GTN. Adding a dedicated vendor addresses this issue, adds in more money sinks, and also lets players gear up better on Alts. 

-for PVP'ers add a vendor that sells the old Battlemaster gear, its hard to get nowadays as the only place to get them is from crafters who had the schematic back in the day, or trying your luck on the GTN. 

-Also if possible a Cap increase for tech frags, 15,000 seems like a fair cap. 

Levelling

-The dev's need to add back all abilites, The current system causes players to go 20 Levels without getting anything, I can tell you, you don't feel effective at all in Combat until your level 47 when you get your third ability, until than you are just using your filler abilities while your class ones are on cooldown. The game was also just not Balanced/Designed with the current system in place, levelling is slow and boring. If they need to replace those slots in the CS Trees, just put in some old 6.0 era passive mods, until they can refine CS Trees in an update. I'd also Change the Levels at which you get your class abilites, Level 10 should be the first, 24 or 26 for the 2nd, Level 38 for the third, and level 56 for the final. 

PVP 

- Disable tacticals in Midbie PVP, its completly broken right now, Lower Players should not be punished for having to go against a level 79 in 306 Gear with gold Augs. 

-Lower Premade players down to 4, They should not be able to have a full guild go against solo players. 

-Consider raising the cap of PVP gear from 332 to 336.  

There are probably more ways but just any one of these being done would help the game, The Dev's need to stop worrying about Changing the UI for the 8th time, and focus on improving the ACTUAL game. 

If you have any ideas feel free to share them.

Some interesting ideas there!

A few more ideas:

** Gearing:  Needs to be streamlined a bit.  Deciding which vendor and how to better upgrade a player's equipment is simply out of control.  (Please note that I don't need a lecture from someone telling me to get guud ...  play longer hours ...  etc.  The system could be a lot less cumbersome and considerably more effective.  I've recently played other games that prove this.)
** The economy is improving somewhat.  BUT will take a lot longer to heal.   IMO focusing on that aspect would be good.  Sometimes having in game drops that are worthwhile often spark interest in the GTN.  Obviously, a lot of what is sold there centers around crafting and the CM.  (Not exclusively ... but a pretty good amount of it).  
(NOTE:  crafting really needs a lot of love right now.  It's been tanked for so long...  Not sure just how to fix it.. but definitely needs work.

** PvP:  People like @TrixxieTriss have discussed this in great detail.  I would defer to others like TrixxieTriss and review that area.  There's a lot of help needed in that area as well.

** IMO there's been pages of things discussed over the last few months primarily over things that have been lost in game.  Right now I'd be happy to see some genuine growth in areas like the GS series.  I'm also hoping for some information on future events from Broad Sword.  (Anything would be helpful).

I just hope that with the "move" of late ... that hoping for major changes (much needed changes I might add) ... is just exactly that... hope: (in this case AKA: dreaming)

what the developers can do in 8.0 to make it a good expension are.

1.  go back to the mods if there adding a new item grade to the game what is higher then the one's we have now go back to the mods one since the gearing system we have now is worthless and its not working for all the players only for a limit one.
  2. bring back the ranown system or something else when you reach max level and keep it in the game this time and not remove it after a year again.
  3. the story contant most be long again like the 6.0 or 5.0 are not give it a crap 1 hour stroy line again.
  4. new weapon and armor schematic's and color crystals for crafting also some new dye color for crafting.
  5. give the GTN a good upgrade like chance the sell limit from 3 day's to 1 week and the layout can also have a upgrade.

I would love to see the economy improved. Maybe GTN rework. Not sure how but needs improvements. Would also like to see improvements to PvP. Granted I enjoy PvP. Though can see improvements maybe in matchmaking. I’d love to see rank PvP return. For pve I would love to see more story and returning companions in the future. 

Edited by KathiosLorano
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

I get one update, like making stuff for people who are colorblind etc, but making a focal point of changing the UI every patch feels like a waste of resources, when they could have put time into other things. 

What else is the UI person supposed to work on?

6 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

I have done crafting and its not for me, same goes for a large portion of the community. A majority of players get Augments of the GTN because they don't do crafting.

That's a critique of those players who *won't* do crafting, rather than a critique of the fact that those augments are craftable-only.  If you *refuse* to do what's necessary to acquire Resource X (in this case, top-tier Augments) without paying daylight robbery prices on the GTN, why should the studio go out of its way to help you?

Before you weigh in on this point, please take into account that I practice what I preach.  *Either* I don't complain about the GTN prices of Augments, *or* I craft them.  In other respects I am *not* at all a crafter of anything except Black/Deep Red dye modules.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KathiosLorano said:

I would love to see the economy improved

we all wane see it gets improved but you also know there have also curse it in the first place so to get it improved with the game economy you need to chance a few things back there have chance in the past what there have remove or chance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaximusRex said:

What else is the UI person supposed to work on?

He should be working on fixing what he already broke before breaking even more. They interface used to be beautiful and highly customisable but not anymore. It's now a bunch of mismatching elements that we can't modify, or the elements we still can modify, don't stay where we put them.

The first thing the UI person should have done when he started would have been 1) play the game to find out what if anything needs improving 2) find out how to improve it without breaking what we already have 3) if something got broken, the priority should be fixing it, not ignoring it. 4) not replace important information such as character stats with black screen and random numbers that's don't mean anything. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:06 AM, SentinalMasterWW said:

levelling is slow and boring.

Opinion. Contrast to that opinion, almost every post in every thread on this forum for the past few years has suggested just the opposite, with people wanting a permanent white acute module option to slow down leveling, people complaining they're leveling too fast for the planet they're on, etc. etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Opinion. Contrast to that opinion, almost every post in every thread on this forum for the past few years has suggested just the opposite, with people wanting a permanent white acute module option to slow down leveling, people complaining they're leveling too fast for the planet they're on, etc. etc.

That's usually during double XP events, I have not seen any posts about players say they are levelling to fast, and that wasn't the point, the point is the rate at which you get abilities, power tech and vanguard suck to level, they barely have any abilities as they progress.  

Again yes some classes have more abilities than others and progression is fine, but instead of having gone 20 levels without something bioware could have given classes their main abilities, you know what 6 different expansions and almost any form of content was balanced around?

50 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

That's usually during double XP events, I have not seen any posts about players say they are levelling to fast, and that wasn't the point, the point is the rate at which you get abilities, power tech and vanguard suck to level, they barely have any abilities as they progress.  

Again yes some classes have more abilities than others and progression is fine, but instead of having gone 20 levels without something bioware could have given classes their main abilities, you know what 6 different expansions and almost any form of content was balanced around?

You can skip ALL the side quests and still be overleveled.

37 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

You can skip ALL the side quests and still be overleveled.

I disagree with this. If I'm only doing class quests I'm always under level. Maybe on the starter world, but as you level higher you get fewer and fewer levels per planet (remember your only doing roughly 4 quests per planet). By the time your 30-35 you will stop getting more then 1 level per planet if the only thing your doing is class quests.

The overleveled part happens when your doing other things. Side quests, GSF, FP, or PvP as well as your class quests.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

The overleveled part happens when your doing other things. Side quests, GSF, FP, or PvP as well as your class quests

Exactly, my smuggler is level 62 and they are halfway through hoth, I have barely been doing any side quests, I've just been marathoning flashpoints to level. 

Just doing the main quests is not enough to carry you through the game, you'll be 1-2 levels under, hell my sith inquisitor was slightly under level on Corellia and I had been doing FPs on the side as well 

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

I disagree with this. If I'm only doing class quests I'm always under level. Maybe on the starter world, but as you level higher you get fewer and fewer levels per planet (remember your only doing roughly 4 quests per planet). By the time your 30-35 you will stop getting more then 1 level per planet if the only thing your doing is class quests.

The overleveled part happens when your doing other things. Side quests, GSF, FP, or PvP as well as your class quests.

I haven't done a toon from scratch in years (because ... why?) so I guess I didn't know.

4 hours ago, Toraak said:

Incorrect.  The design goal(1) is that if you do the class missions and the <Planetary Arc> missions(2) (with no bonuses active), you will stay at-level.  Just doing the class missions means that you miss out on the <Planetary Arc> mission XP, and you fall behind.

(1) BioWare said so in the run-up to the release of 4.0, or immediately after, I forget which.

(2) These are, in "in-game notation" terms, not "side missions".

11 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Incorrect.  The design goal(1) is that if you do the class missions and the <Planetary Arc> missions(2) (with no bonuses active), you will stay at-level.  Just doing the class missions means that you miss out on the <Planetary Arc> mission XP, and you fall behind.

(1) BioWare said so in the run-up to the release of 4.0, or immediately after, I forget which.

(2) These are, in "in-game notation" terms, not "side missions".

I haven't tested that, since I have not done class and Story arc per planet in years. 

However the person I originally posted commented about constantly being overleveled even if you skipped all side quests. My point is still correct. You can just do Class story and still be under leveled if your not doing any other content.

There are definitely ways in this game that you can play that will make it so your not far above the level each planet was intended for.

Edited by Toraak

• 7 months later...

I want to bump this old post back up again rather than making a new post. I recently did a post asking what people wanted to see in 8.0. From what I could gather from here and on the Reddit was a lot of these common things being brought up. 

1. GSF Revamp or Seasons, not surprising to me really. GSF has not had any real updates to it since I came back to SWTOR in 2017, I really cannot recall any updates the Dev's would have done. While I may not play GSF per say, I do support adding a GSF Season or a "revamp" to the mode. I know a lot of players really enjoy it, and I do think broadsword needs to look at adding more content. 

2. PVP Revamp or new modes, Going to be honest. Broadsword dropped the ball MASSIVELY on their "PVP Revamp" back in 7.2, it felt so disconnected from what the actual PVP playerbase wanted. PVP needs some massive attention right now, the mode is just toxic beyond belief with 6 man premades farming solo Q's, and is just a massive mess that is causing the remaining PVP population to leave. 

But generally the main thing players want is actual Quality of life features to be implemented for all forms of content and bugfixing. Obviously they want a more engaging story than the current mando one, but I hope the Dev's can wrap that up soon and get back to the Malgus storyline that 7.0 was basically teased about since 6.0. 

This is my 8.0 Wishlist. 

First off, Class Pruning and removing player abilities? That has to go. Levelling a character is so boring and tedious. I have been levelling 3 alts; Shadow, Sniper, and Commando. Each one in a different place, Sniper is just now 35, Shadow is now 43, and my Commando is level 74. I can tell you how tedious it is levelling these guys. It is soooo boring and mind numbing. When you start a new character for the first 30-45 levels it is literally just you hitting the filler ability because you run out of energy/force because you literally have nothing else to use. In 6.0 and past, I never encountered this issue, Abilities felt nice at the rate which you could get them. For example, at level 35 my sniper would have entrench and shield probe. Guess what? I don't have those yet, I just unlocked series of shots at level 35, back in 6.0 I believe you got that at like level 15 or 17. 

So much of this game is just numb and boring because of pruning. I was in a VC with one of my Discord buddies and he said that the Space barbie players complained that the game was too hard and thus biosword pruned every class since space barbie are the ones buying Cartel Market stuff. Do I think its true? 

No

I think it was just a poorly executed attempt at drawing a single player crowd into SWTOR by dumbing the game down to its lowest level, but in reality it made the core loop of the game so boring and repetitive ( a theme of 7.0) that no one liked it. 

2nd thing, If I were to hypothetically say what the guiding principal of 8.0 is, I would want it to be class identity. 

Basically to simplify it, I want classes to have their own identity again. 7.0 destroyed and ruined it and basically made every class an absolute mess of what they are supposed to be. 

On top of this, I'd want every class to be useable in any form of endgame content, classes like Marksman or whatever. Players should be able to bring what they want without being held back by their spec.

I'd want a rework on top of undoing all the pruning, to make classes feel unique. 

Burst or Direct classes would be reworked to actually feel like they do these consistent burst DMG outputs, nothing major, but they would lead up to these massive burst windows where they can chunk off an HP bar. For example, going back to marksman as i brought it up, Marksman would do this decent okayish DMG but when it goes into its burst window with ambush whoever is on the other side is definitely going to feel it. 

DOT Specs on the other hand would do okay ish burst with their abilities, but where they would be shining is with their DOTS. They would be the kings of sustained DPS on a target. 

You might say, but hey are classes not already this way? 

Yes & No. 

Class balancing is all over the place since 7.0, some specs are doing great while others are atrocious. I want to state any class balancing would be kept according to the way the Dev's had stated in their post here. I just want refinements so that classes are performing where they should be instead of this mess where it is all over of the place. 

I'd remove all these "Finisher" Tacticals and passives (UV blast, Ionic, Madness shock detonation, etc) these break the balancing of the game and need to go. 2nd thing, is that I'd remove the passives that change a DOT ability to a direct burst one, it goes against the idea of what DOT classes should be and it also is hard to balance around. Passives like Pyro making railshot a DOT, are the  ones I want to see for DOT based specs, things that make the spec better at what they are meant for. 

Regarding the CS trees themselves, it should be reworked to have the following; 

1. More tiers to help fill empty space for levelling.

2. Each tier should be themed on an idea DMG boost, Defensive, or utility. Do not throw Defensive and DMG in the same tier. Each passive option should be as viable as the other two to make sure not everyone gravitates towards the one option that is leagues above the others. 

3. Modifications for the last two class abilities.

My last wishpoint idea is a gearing revamp, mainly in regards to implants. I would like to see it changed to be more akin to 6.0 set system. Basically the implant vendor would now sell a crate or set of implants. These sets would be based off sets from 6.0 rather than parts of them. The concentrated fire set would be the actual full conc. fire set from 6.0 with all its bonuses. Basically all the implants would be combined into a two piece set that offers the full set bonus of its 6.0 predecessor rather than a single bonus. However in order to get the set bonus you would need to equip both implants, this means you can no longer run Second wind and one of your class ones for example, if you wish to run 2nd wind you would have to give up your class implant set and run both 2nd wind implants and run the full set to get the bonus.

From here it literally works the same way it does currently, upgrade your pieces and once you hit the cap, it becomes half off for buying and upgrading for you legacy. I think this is nice in between ground of adding back the old set bonuses from 6.0, but keeping in line with the implant system. 

But first let me state something regarding this, First off I'd get rid off a lot of the junk 6.0 sets and not have them come back to this 8.0 idea. 2nd, Yes I am aware that some sets from 6.0 like force bound were claimed to be OP, if those sets were to be brought back they would be Reworked massively to be more balanced and in line. 

Share your thoughts, opinions, etc. 

Taxes need to be completely removed from 1-sided trades.

If Player-1 gives Player-2 a sum of credits or items, there should be no tax unless Player-2 is making a trade of goods/credits for Player-1's goods/credits.

In real life, I can give my friend a gift or money without the IRS caring. In fact, for example, you can give somebody your car for $0, and they will not be required to pay taxes on it when they register it.

13 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

When you start a new character for the first 30-45 levels it is literally just you hitting the filler ability because you run out of energy/force because you literally have nothing else to use. In 6.0 and past, I never encountered this issue, Abilities felt nice at the rate which you could get them. For example, at level 35 my sniper would have entrench and shield probe.

I see this as being a problem with raising the level cap. When the max level was 50 for example, you had 50 levels to get everything you needed for rotation. With the level cap now being 80, they've pushed skills further away from 50, and now you have nearly 30 extra levels of padding. Maybe it would be better to revise the system so players can get all their abilities and skill tree long before 70. It makes most sense that a player should be good to go by the time they reach Makeb, or at the very least, KOTFE.

On 8/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, SentinalMasterWW said:

power tech and vanguard suck to level, they barely have any abilities as they progress.  

I definitely agree about the Powertech/Vanguard. I think it's better to pick a second class, level them to 80, and then set up your PT/Vanguard. even at level 55, the Vanguard is constantly at 0 energy, and left spamming their filler.

• Like 1