Galactic Season Announcement?

DarkLordSnake

with the start of season 5 from the gelactic season is something i not wane see rush in to since there need to learn first always from the downside from the season before and make some chance's first before rush it out of the door so quick with the same mistake's.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Telden said:

Honestly, I'm not in a rush for Galactic Season 5.  I'd like there to be some downtime between Seasons, to prevent burnout and to give more time to do non-Season content.

I completely agree with you there. I'm expecting the new season to arrive by the holidays since it is the fifth mark, so a few months break is what we deserve in order to prepare for the next coming one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Part of the confusion stems from the following: You have to piece together different posts from SWTOR staff.

Keith posted last on June 27th as a follow-up to Gary McKay's (head of Bioware) blog post where he was trying to allay fears about the transfer of operational control to Broadsword. In that post he includes a link to a blog post which indicates that 7.3.1 will also include the launch of Galactic Season 5. In other posts, Bioware has indicated that 7.3.1 is scheduled to have a launch date in late summer.

I know in the U.S. where I live, we essentially consider Labor Day (a U.S. only holiday) to be the end of summer, which this year happens to fall on September 6th. Technically, though, the official end of summer is September 21st. I'm intimately familiar with this because my birthday is June 21st, the official start of summer. (I would note that I did not receive one birthday present from any of you scumbags!) 😛Broadly speaking, though, most Americans consider summer to be June through August, very early days of September.

In other words, assuming plans remain intact (a big assumption), we can expect Galactic Season 5 to launch no later than September 21st.

Here is a link to the relevant blog post. Note: the first is from Gary McKay, Bioware's General Manager. Scroll down to the second part of the blog which is from Keith himself. It includes the relevant information pertaining to this thread. There are other threads from SWTOR staff saying 7.3.1 is scheduled for a late summer release. The launch of 7.4 is tentatively scheduled for a "holiday" release -- operative term being tentatively.

https://blog.bioware.com/2023/06/27/bright-future-for-swtor/

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Clarity / Typos
  • Like 3

@DarkLordSnake I know I have seen it on swtorista's streams when she does the news of the day, and it was also mentioned when the news broke with Broadsword taking over that with 7.3.1 would bring Galactic Seasons 5 towards the end of Summer and 7.4 would be coming on its heels in the "holidays". I would assume following that logic and what is known of the game there's one of two scenarios.

#1. 7.3.1 would come out in late September with the possibility of mid October/early November to coincide with the Feast of Prosperity event. Keep in mind there was only a month break between Seasons 3 and 4, I think one reason you could see this time line kept is that you would be coming to the end of the PVP season 3 and the overall scope from the devs has been to not have much downtime on the seasons as it "keeps players actively engaged".

#2. Depending on what would be in 7.3.1 maybe the scrap it altogether and just release what was to be included in 7.4 during the holidays (i.e. December 2023). This could be a possibility as well because of the transition to a different studio setting and this that and the other, as maybe they haven't had the "polishing" time that they would prefer.

Anyways I hope this provides some clarity for you!!

Here's the link where it's mentioned: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/930077-follow-up-on-swtor-development-update/

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

Part of the confusion stems from the following: You have to piece together different posts from SWTOR staff.

Keith posted last on June 27th as a follow-up to Gary McKay's (head of Bioware) June 20th blog post where he was trying to allay fears about the transfer of operational control to Broadsword. In that post he includes a link to a blog post which indicates that 7.3.1 will also include the launch of Galactic Season 5. In other posts, Bioware has indicated that 7.3.1 is scheduled to have a launch date in late summer.

I know in the U.S. where I live, we essentially consider Labor Day (a U.S. only holiday) to be the end of summer, which this year happens to fall on September 6th. Technically, though, the official end of summer is September 21st. I'm intimately familiar with this because my birthday is June 21st, the official start of summer. (I would note that I did not receive one birthday present from any of you scumbags!) 😛Broadly speaking, though, most Americans consider summer to be June through August, very early days of September.

In other words, assuming plans remain intact (a big assumption), we can expect Galactic Season 5 to launch no later than September 21st.

Here is a link to the relevant blog post. Note: the first is from Gary McKay, Bioware's General Manager. Scroll down to the second part of the blog which is from Keith himself. It includes the relevant information pertaining to this thread. There are other threads from SWTOR staff saying 7.3.1 is scheduled for a late summer release. The launch of 7.4 is tentatively scheduled for a "holiday" release -- operative term being tentatively.

https://blog.bioware.com/2023/06/27/bright-future-for-swtor/

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

I personally don't question the frequency of said new release ... but rather the contients, objectives, rewards ... Copy previous series ...  change a few rewards ... paste .. done!  Not the most exciting announcement to be made regardless of WHEN it happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

know in the U.S. where I live, we essentially consider Labor Day (a U.S. only holiday) to be the end of summer, which this year happens to fall on September 6th. Technically, though, the official end of summer is September 21st. I'm intimately familiar with this because my birthday is June 21st, the official start of summer.

You guys obviously do things differently in the USA. 

As someone from Australia, our seasons are obviously opposite to yours. But our seasons are defined in 4x distinct 3 monthly segments. 

So our winter season “should” be the opposite of your summer. Except our winter ends on the 31st August, not 21st September.

I don’t know about the rest of the world. But in Australia, when the Dev team says late summer, we expected it to be before the end of August. 

FYI, Australia defines it seasons as such

Summer 1st December - 28/29th February

Autumn (Fall) 1st March - 31st May

Winter 1st June - 31st August 

Spring 1st September - 30th November 

2 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

As someone from Australia, our seasons are obviously opposite to yours. But our seasons are defined in 4x distinct 3 monthly segments. 

So our winter season “should” be the opposite of your summer. Except our winter ends on the 31st August, not 21st September.

I don’t know about the rest of the world. But in Australia, when the Dev team says late summer, we expected it to be before the end of August. 

Soooo ... what's the fishing like from Dec. 1 to March 1?

4 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Soooo ... what's the fishing like from Dec. 1 to March 1?

Depends where you fish 😉
We have the largest coastline or any country in the world. Some areas are better in summer & some in winter.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

• Dev Post
18 hours ago, DarkLordSnake said:

The current season of Passage of Peace is about to end in just under a week. Where is the news announcing the next new season? Or any updates even hinting about it?

Info coming very soon! We'll be dropping more info here and on social channels, so stay tuned. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JackieKo said:

Info coming very soon! We'll be dropping more info here and on social channels, so stay tuned. 

TYVM!

I know we get to be a royal pain from time to time... but we really could use some good news these days!  Anything you can provide is much appreciated!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Telden said:

Honestly, I'm not in a rush for Galactic Season 5.  I'd like there to be some downtime between Seasons, to prevent burnout and to give more time to do non-Season content.

To be honest, i finish the season within the first month, so for me these last few weeks have been my "break" so honestly i see no reason we cant get a new season right off the bat of the last one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I really loved the Mek-Sha stronghold reward from this galactic seasons. It was honestly the most rewarding reward in recent gaming memory. All I've been doing between missions is just porting straight to my Mek-Sha black market and kicking it there, tweaking the decos.

It was also the first time I understood how GS worked. Anyways I really enjoyed it. Hope we get a similar badazz stronghold next season.

Edited by Addictress
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Telden said:

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

You can do non-Season content during Seasons.

I have to agree with Steve here.

There is more than enough time to do Galactic Season content & do non-Season content. You don’t have to go full hardcore to get it done as there is lots of wiggle room to do it casually. 

Plus, with PvP season 3 not increasing player numbers this time, they really can’t delay Galactic Season 5 for very long or too many players will leave.

Player numbers are still dropping and are now at pre 7.2 levels from November last year. If the trend continues, we could be looking at an all new population low in the next 6-8 weeks. 

So for the sake of the game, they really need to stick to the schedule they’ve already promised or players will lose more faith & leave. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

In the northern hemisphere, according to the meteorological calendar, summer begins on June 1st and ends on August 31st, in astronomy (calendar) it begins on June 21st and ends on September 21st.

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

You can do non-Season content during Seasons.

My playtime is somewhat limited, since I have other things to do too.  So, no, I don't do much non-Season content while a Season is running.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Same for us here in NZ.

Until they changed the start of Daylight Saving to the end of September/beginning of October (it starts 24 September this year), our unofficial start to summer was our Labour Day - the last Monday in October.  Three day weekend, and the smell of BBQs and charcoal smoke spread across the Land of the Long White Cloud (Aotearoa - New Zealand)...rain or shine, the BBQ was brought out and fired up to celebrate summer starting!

9 hours ago, DIVAvonFarstar said:

In the northern hemisphere, according to the meteorological calendar, summer begins on June 1st and ends on August 31st, in astronomy (calendar) it begins on June 21st and ends on September 21st.

So what is the official govt start & end of summer? You know, for record keeping? 

2 hours ago, Shaori said:

Ahh so I see green text works the same way here as it does on the WoW forums.

Not sure what you mean by that.  I say that because green text here means that a player chose green as the colour of text.  Actual posts by the studio staff are a particular shade of slightly orangeish yellow, and the poster's portrait will have (formerly) BioWare or (now) Broadsword under it.