PVP can be saved but the Dev's refuse to do so

SentinalMasterWW

5 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Player numbers still falling after the start of the season. Zero bump up on population since the 18th July. Player numbers are now below where they were before Seasons started last December. But please, tell me again how my prediction that premades would destroy PvP was wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830#1m

fwiw, I haven't played s3 at all. my elbow/wrist is fine. 5m+ premades were never a problem for me on SF. I don't feel the itch. changing seasons for me is kinda meaningless b/c I don't care about grindable cosmetics (and I already put furious weapons on my current account). anyway, just chiming in that ppl not playing isn't the asinine premade rules.

I might come back. might not. forum account has to be close to expiration at this point. don't even need to keep the play account subbed to do what i do in-game. 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krackcommando said:

fwiw, I haven't played s3 at all. my elbow/wrist is fine. 5m+ premades were never a problem for me on SF. I don't feel the itch. changing seasons for me is kinda meaningless b/c I don't care about grindable cosmetics (and I already put furious weapons on my current account). anyway, just chiming in that ppl not playing isn't the asinine premade rules.

I might come back. might not. forum account has to be close to expiration at this point. don't even need to keep the play account subbed to do what i do in-game. 😄

There are definitely other reasons as well as premades. But that is one of the bigger reasons that new potential pvpers & many old pvpers were put off in season 1 & 2. 

Removing ranked, not fixing balancing or gearing, not adding some sort of reward based on skill, etc etc. 

I am glad to hear your wrist has healed though. Did you end up using a wrist brace or trying out a track ball? 

1 minute ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I am glad to hear your wrist has healed though. Did you end up using a wrist brace or trying out a track ball? 

nah. I do have carpal tunnel but it's not serious (braces while sleeping when I remember). it's actually the elbow that's the problem. stayed away from intense activity for a couple weeks. all good.

just don't feel like playing once I stopped. 😄

PS5 has my attention atm.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

and this is the state of the game for me as well. Anytime I take a break, news definitely piques my interest but this meta is stale. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, krackcommando said:

nah. I do have carpal tunnel but it's not serious (braces while sleeping when I remember). it's actually the elbow that's the problem. stayed away from intense activity for a couple weeks. all good.

Yes, that’s painful. But don’t forget to use the brace while sleeping. 

2 hours ago, krackcommando said:

That is totally understandable. And the longer you go without playing, the less you feel like it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

That is totally understandable. And the longer you go without playing, the less you feel like it. 

Same here. It's really easy not to login for anything more than scheduled raids. Back in the days when I quit another MMO I missed the game for a very long time. I don't really miss swtor when I'm not playing it, and that's sad. I used to be addicted.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 2:00 PM, krackcommando said:

PS5 has my attention atm.

Warhammer 3 Total War (High Elves) and CoH (yes, it’s almost 20 years old) are taking all of my time.  I want to get into Crusader kings 3, but it is sooooo complicated.  Also recently bought Age of Wonders 4, so I need to give that more attention.

I have nearly 500 hours in Warhammer 3 Total War already.  Love that game.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sappharan said:

I have nearly 500 hours in Warhammer 3 Total War already.  Love that game.

every time a new TW game comes out, I get giddy. snatch it up. install. then go play the TW Medieval 2 or AoE remaster for anyther dozen hours. 😄

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 3:54 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

Same here. It's really easy not to login for anything more than scheduled raids. Back in the days when I quit another MMO I missed the game for a very long time. I don't really miss swtor when I'm not playing it, and that's sad. I used to be addicted.

once WoW created M+, I basically stopped raiding in any game. it's sooo much easier to push 5m dungeons on your own schedule and as often or sparingly as you feel like. makes me smh at all the years I spent waiting for 8-25 other ppl to get their poop together and stay for ~3 hours and then argue over gear drops.

rated arenas were like that too. do it when you felt like instead of having that once or twice per week raid schedule. really spoiled me. 😄

On 8/2/2023 at 2:46 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

And the longer you go without playing, the less you feel like it. 

That's the truest thing I've ever seen. On'y reason I even play anymore is a raid team that I'm on. I sometimes do my weeklies just to get tokens but since all my friends quit in season 2 pvp is just a hollow void.

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2023 at 9:30 PM, SentinalMasterWW said:

Controversial title, but I feel it speaks the truth, SWTOR's PVP is some of easiest but very enjoyable compared to other MMO's where you have to gear and spec into abilities specifically for PVP. I want to clarify I am not attacking the Dev's, nor do I encourage hate towards them, I merely state what I and others feel. There are numerous posts on this Forum stating the issues with PVP, Players legit begging the Dev's to come fix them, but the Dev's ignore it, and go do something else entirely, like buffing Medals, Okay that is more so a touch up thing than an actual fix which most players want. 

Since the Start of Season 3 of PVP, the Clear problems with PVP show themselves once more, 

• Premades Clogging up Q's, and just farming players. 
  • Horrible Class Balancing 
  • Modes that need better QOL improvements. 
  • Insanely short TTK which leads to lack of skill based gameplay, and more so rapid burst play. 
  • Lack of any form of Quality Competitiveness (I.E any form of Ranked) 
  • Poor Reward Value, For completing the PVP track you only get 12 tokens, The rest are locked being achievements, doing this all gets you one Armor/Weapon Set, 1-2 Decos, a Title, or one mount. 

Going back to the first point, it has been asked for and reported since the removal of ranked, to get rid of Premades, especially the idea of an 8 Man premade. It has been begged for to get them removed, but the Dev's refuse. My theory? Since the Removal of ranked they need something to keep hardcore PVP'ers around, and their idea of doing that is letting them get together with their buddies and farm players with meta specs. 

These are the suggestions I have for the Dev's to solve these issues 

Premades 

Reduce the max number allowed to form in a group down to 2-3, Creating a whole separate mode is not needed, the only thing it would do is be dead and prove the point they only exist to have an advantage so they can farm players. By reducing the amount of players allowed, the Q pops much faster as it doesn't chug trying to match a premade a against another premade. 

Class Balancing 

I get its hard to balance for both PVP & PVE, but here are some suggestions I have without making specs garbo for PVE. 

Madness/Balance: 

-Remove the Reapply chance for Deathbrand/Shifted balance, there is no need for this to be on a range spec. 

-Nerf the Passive Self heals via Dots and Sorc Shield 

-Nerf the Healing done by Force Leach. 

-Reduce the Passive DR Reduction mod from 5% up to 3 times, down to 2% up to 3 times. Sorcs should not have the same amount of DR Reduction as a heavy armor spec. 

The DMG can stay the same on Sorc, its just nerfing their healing and DR Reduction. 

Deception/Infiltration: 

-Change Low Slash to an immobilize, The CC spam on this spec is annoying and with the Fast TTK, there is very little you can do, Deception is currently the most infamous IMO Spec that abuses CC's, If the dev's truly want to reduce the CC spam, change Low slash.

Lethality/Ruffian 

-Increase the Cooldown on their Roll making Bacta infusion activate instantly, I'd double the current cooldown. From my testing, the current cooldown is around 8 Secs, I'd double it to 16. 

I focused solely on what many consider to be the current Meta specs, other specs buffing/Nerfing is a different conversation. 

QOL Improvements 

By this I mean making PVP modes better, Huttball IMO is the worst one, it is not fun unless you are playing a spec with a lot of utility like tanks or stealthers. Speaking of Stealth, it is the most annoying thing to deal with in huttball. 95% of matches just come down to throwing the ball to the stealth player camping in the endzone, or having team members farm the endzone. Here are some QOL stuff they can do for huttball 

-Anti-Stealth Endzone, If you come to the other teams endzone in stealth you will be pop'd out, this encourages players to protect the ball carrier rather than throwing it to some stealther in the other teams spawn. 

-Endzone Protection, What I mean by this, is that the longer you stay in the other teams Endzone, you start getting a Debuff applied, this Debuff increases the DMG you take, and reduces the Amount you Deal. This helps with spawn camping, it means you cant just camp endzones as a tank with a pocket healer, if you do so, you are going to die VERY Quickly the longer you stay. 

-Leaping/Holotraversing/Rolling is prohibited while carrying the ball, This one may be controversial, but these abilites are broken in hutball, Roll especially causes so much D-sync, that they'll appear in one place, and the next minute their across the entire map. Holotraverse is also basically hacking, in the sense that if you have a stealther in the endzone, you can teleport to them while they are in stealth, so it legit looks like they are teleporting to no one. Again, this puts more emphasis on actually protecting the ball carrier to the endzone rather than abusing broken abilities. 

Short TTK 

Some people may like the Short TTK, but after a long time of playing, it kind of takes the skill away of properly popping defensives and smart plays, it more so rewards very fast TTK specs, like Tactics or Deception. I think they should increase the TTK, maybe not to 6.0, but a good sweet spot in-between the current one and 6.0. 

No Ranked 

Again Controversial to some, but the Dev's need to implement some form of Ranked back into PVP, Ranked gave players purpose in trying to get better at PVP, and actually made the old Ranked rewards cool because you had to work hard to get them, nowadays I see players with the Furious sets and their not the greatest at PVP having only gotten it via Seasons. Not saying Ranked Arena's need to come back, but there are multiple suggestions people have posted like tracking Win % among other things and rewarding the players at the end of a season. It would even be an excuse to send out PVP flair's again, I know a lot of people who would want the PVP flairs but didn't feel they were good enough to play in ranked. These flairs would say something like S4 (S being Season and the # being whichever PVP season it is) with the flair being bronze, silver, gold, etc denoting how well that player performed in a season and to differentiate it from the old ranked flair. Again may not seem like much, but it gives better incentive on trying to improve in PVP and having that mountain to climb. 

Poor Rewards 

The amount of tokens in a PVP seasons is not worth it, also considering the inflated prices, like you spend 8-12 Tokens for ONE Deco. If you 100% everything in a season you get a max of 20 tokens, that is one mount or a weapon/Armor set. Keep in mind that is every 3 months or so, if you do everything, you can get ONE thing. They either need to reduce the prices Drastically, or have the option for more tokens in a season. 

In short there is a lot that can be done to fix PVP, but I'm not holding out hope TBH. Even with the Switch to the new studio, I think SWTOR is just going to be maintaining the current status Quo; lack of good content/Fixes, and just trying to make a Season out of everything to try and milk content. It's easier to make a Season and put two armor sets with one being glowy, and try and advertise it as content than actually fixing the core issues.

The Devs have never cared about pvp in SWTOR. Ngl it seems to me that they'd rather sink a entire boat full of pvp oriented players and commit mass murder than actually balance and fix the most engaging quality of the game. It's so bizarre and weird that they neglect PVP and continue to do so. I'm still convinced Musco is still butthurt after getting flamed and farmed in PVP 7 years ago when he played Unranked Warzones on his Powertech and that's why BioWare neglects PVP. 

Edited by Xerekfell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Xerekfell said:

I'm still convinced Musco is still butthurt after getting flamed and farmed in PVP 7 years ago when he played Unranked Warzones on his Powertech and that's why BioWare neglects PVP. 

I was LITERALLY just talking about this to some of my PvE friends the other day. I'm 90% Musco has had a personal vendetta against the PvP community ever since that video.

There's no other reason for single handedly killing an entire community and removing an entire game mode that was practically self sustaining. PvPers didn't need new content, they would just continue paying their sub to play PvP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, septru said:

I was LITERALLY just talking about this to some of my PvE friends the other day. I'm 90% Musco has had a personal vendetta against the PvP community ever since that video.

There's no other reason for single handedly killing an entire community and removing an entire game mode that was practically self sustaining. PvPers didn't need new content, they would just continue paying their sub to play PvP. 

Throwback to when we had "pvp" devs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwsiHUURPTc&ab_channel=vintageswtor

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

repeated healer taunts, no buffs...

to be fair, I spent most of the Orbital Station watching his two stealth buddies pop out one at a time on different targets...when they weren't literally standing on their PT. stealthed sin trying to avoid the grapple? 😄

wasn't assault spec at that time something like 2 abils. spam a 15' attack until it procs a rail? I'm fairly certain I got gold doing just that the first two seasons.

• Like 1