Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why do I have to waste Seasonal Tokens?

10 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

@JackieKo  I know that she does care!  I have received PM's from her from time to time (unprompted).  That just doesn't happen unless that concern is genuine!

This is one of those comments that you think would land better than it actually does. To me it says that we don't have a community manager, we have a lurker who has a few forum favorites :rak_01:

Edited by Ardrossan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

This is one of those comments that you think would land better than it actually does. To me it says that we don't have a community manager, we have a lurker who has a few forum favorites :rak_01:

I strongly disagree!  IMO she has a job to do!  She is (more than likely) not a programmer neither in charge of making final decisions as to the direction of the game!  I would doubt that those PM's would be more than two or three scattered over the entire time she has been here!  BUT in the context of what was said (and NO I will not share them) ... she is the genuine article as far as a community manager is concerned!  I do not agree with everything that is said (from her standpoint of view) ... but I can also appreciate what it means to manage / interact with .. this type of setting. 

At this point we are getting into personalities ... and I think the rest is best left alone!

3 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I strongly disagree!  IMO she has a job to do!  She is (more than likely) not a programmer neither in charge of making final decisions as to the direction of the game!  I would doubt that those PM's would be more than two or three scattered over the entire time she has been here!  BUT in the context of what was said (and NO I will not share them) ... she is the genuine article as far as a community manager is concerned!  I do not agree with everything that is said (from her standpoint of view) ... but I can also appreciate what it means to manage / interact with .. this type of setting. 

At this point we are getting into personalities ... and I think the rest is best left alone!

Yes, she has a job to do and that job is communicating openly with players, not lurking and chatting up a few randos while she's in complete control of the conversation. That is not community management. IDC that her concern feels genuine to you. I'm sure she appreciates having a sympathetic ear rather than someone who would actually hold her accountable and demand better. I care that finding these things out based on rumors is both completely unprofessional on her part and exactly what I expect from this studio. Yes it is about personalities--this is the legacy of having Musco in charge, bioware acts like they've been collectively traumatized by the playerbase, so 10+ years later this is the game culture we're stuck with, community managers who are afraid and suspicious of their own fans. It's outrageous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I strongly disagree!

A forum favourite would say that!

/jk

Seriously though, this studio has some of the worst communication and community management / engagement in the industry.  It is also quite funny that when Jackie does actually respond to a question about the role of a community manager the thread gets moved to Off-Topic so that it does not appear in the dev tracker.

• Thanks 1

One thing they could do in the short term is add all the Dark vs Light items to the permanent season vendor. It doesn't fix the problem of the cap but does give people more things to buy. It won't work for everyone, but it will help a lot of people get those items that became unavailable since 7.0.

I think they were already well into developing Season 4 when that feedback thread was posted. I'm not sure why they called it feedback for Season 4 because at that point, it was too late to make any big changes. These things are made 6 to 12 months in advance of when they release. However, if we see Season 5 has no changes, then we will know they didn't listen. I'm a bit afraid of the changes they might make though. With their track record, they'd make it much harder to gain levels, either two grindy or requiring tough content (master operations, uprisings, chapters, etc.).

On 5/29/2023 at 3:40 PM, ThanderSnB said:

One thing they could do in the short term is add all the Dark vs Light items to the permanent season vendor. It doesn't fix the problem of the cap but does give people more things to buy. It won't work for everyone, but it will help a lot of people get those items that became unavailable since 7.0.

I think they were already well into developing Season 4 when that feedback thread was posted. I'm not sure why they called it feedback for Season 4 because at that point, it was too late to make any big changes. These things are made 6 to 12 months in advance of when they release. However, if we see Season 5 has no changes, then we will know they didn't listen. I'm a bit afraid of the changes they might make though. With their track record, they'd make it much harder to gain levels, either two grindy or requiring tough content (master operations, uprisings, chapters, etc.).

We are more likely to see changes like reductions in the number of 'points' awarded per activity, an increase in the amount of 'points' required to level up, a reduction in CC rewards, an increase in trash rewards, and further idiotic things like the god awful reputation system that exists inside Seasons than we are to see any meaningful improvements.

IMO the best approach to Seasons is the same as most things in this game - just ignore it and play the game as you wish.

When you get bored due to the lack of new content or can no longer look past all the dumb decisions or failed ideas or never-ending bugs, leave for a while (the last time I left, it was for nearly 2 years, and I have a feeling I'm getting close to leaving again).

• Like 4

I know it's not the target of this post, but I see it was mentioned it.
Ye, I think they should stop giving us new and new uber grindy Rep system in Galactic Season that does not give anything more than few titles. It was "okay" for few times. Not it is more idiotic requirement, grind with super low weekly cap to ensure you have to grind it far longer than you should and want. Why? Because they didn't created anything new to engage us in doing repetably the same stuff. And for what? For 2 or 3 titles. They should now either stop with new and new meaningless reputations, or make them actually worthwhile. Where the hell are vendors for those reputations?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanceDefender said:

They should now either stop with new and new meaningless reputations, or make them actually worthwhile. Where the hell are vendors for those reputations?

Agreed. Reputation in Galactic Seasons is utterly meaningless.

I do it mostly for the packs and free CCs. But I don't even bother trying to max the reputation out. Only if it gives me something do I even bother. (Conquest points or Season Objectives). For the most part the adaptive gear from them is horrid. Even the titles are stupid. All this cold moon crap heh.

Couple of decent pieces on the present one, but that's probably only because I'm interested in feudal Japan and Samurai and all that, and this seasons adaptive gear has a samurai look to it. I don't use any of it, just saying, I kinda liked the samurai look of some of the pieces.

And I don't what the hell is up with all the weapons have a pink tint to them this season. Sorry, but I'm a dude and dudes ain't big on wearing pink heh.

Good for the ladies though.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

4 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

And I don't what the hell is up with all the weapons have a pink tint to them this season. Sorry, but I'm a dude and dudes ain't big on wearing pink heh.

Quite a few of us ladies also aren't big on wearing pink (urgh). Some of us actually dislike the colour!

Edit:  Piece of useless trivia for you - before WWII, pink was considered to be a stronger colour than blue, and was the preferred colour for boys. Girls were mainly in blue.

Edited by TziganeNZ
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I do it mostly for the packs and free CCs. But I don't even bother trying to max the reputation out. Only if it gives me something do I even bother. (Conquest points or Season Objectives). For the most part the adaptive gear from them is horrid. Even the titles are stupid. All this cold moon crap heh.

Couple of decent pieces on the present one, but that's probably only because I'm interested in feudal Japan and Samurai and all that, and this seasons adaptive gear has a samurai look to it. I don't use any of it, just saying, I kinda liked the samurai look of some of the pieces.

If the objectives continue to be easy, I will probably continue maxing season levels on my primary server, but the only reason I do it on other servers is for the cartel coins. The imitation Ultimate Cartel Packs aren't too useful to me. I've gotten maybe 3 items I like from them. If they reduce cartel coins too much or drop them entirely, I just won't play seasons on other servers.

6 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

I know it's not the target of this post, but I see it was mentioned it.
Ye, I think they should stop giving us new and new uber grindy Rep system in Galactic Season that does not give anything more than few titles. It was "okay" for few times. Not it is more idiotic requirement, grind with super low weekly cap to ensure you have to grind it far longer than you should and want. Why? Because they didn't created anything new to engage us in doing repetably the same stuff. And for what? For 2 or 3 titles. They should now either stop with new and new meaningless reputations, or make them actually worthwhile. Where the hell are vendors for those reputations?

I only do max the rep on my primary server because I like my reputation screen completed. I'm a bit of a completionist on that. I finished all the reps up to this point on that server. I just want to keep it going. On the other servers, I pretty much ignore it. I do spend a good amount of time on the other US server, so I usually end up maxing it there automatically, but I don't play the other 3 servers enough to max the rep and don't care about it there. I only play those servers for the cartel coins.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:53 PM, Screaming_Ziva said:

Bioware really needs to look closer at seasonal rewards on the vendors for Season 5.  Either start giving us things that have never been released (decos, pets, etc) or increase the seasonal token max (by a lot).

What is specifically aggravating: I am still missing the achievements for S2, as I didn‘t take part (and consequently don’t have the companion) and I somehow lost 2 pieces of armor of S1 (though having reached level 100 CS doesn‘t seem to be able to give them to me) - and I can‘t even use the tokens to get those, so I am stuck at 15/15, too.

8 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

If the objectives continue to be easy, I will probably continue maxing season levels on my primary server, but the only reason I do it on other servers is for the cartel coins. The imitation Ultimate Cartel Packs aren't too useful to me. I've gotten maybe 3 items I like from them. If they reduce cartel coins too much or drop them entirely, I just won't play seasons on other servers.

I'm with you there. It's mostly about the Cartel Coins, because while opening packs can be fun (thrill of the roll of the dice), most of the time you don't get anything good.

I suppose, and I failed to mention this in my last post, the Tech frags and Conquest Commendations you can get from GS don't hurt either. But without the Cartel Coins it would be little lost.

14 hours ago, TziganeNZ said:

Quite a few of us ladies also aren't big on wearing pink (urgh). Some of us actually dislike the colour!

Edit:  Piece of useless trivia for you - before WWII, pink was considered to be a stronger colour than blue, and was the preferred colour for boys. Girls were mainly in blue.

Than I stand corrected.  ::low swept bow:::  M'Lady.

:classic_wink:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
I can't spell at all.
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.