TEST SERVER: Shae Vizla server feedback thread

JackieKo

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Nope, I fall through the floor to my death. My earlier post explains in more detail what happens. It’s not graphics either cause I’ve created another character. Played this new character on Korriban with zero issues, arriving on the fleet at lvl 12 and I can’t even step off the shuttle ramp without falling to my death. FYI, I can see there’s no floor, just stars & fleet ships. Logged in with characters on Star Forge and I can play anywhere it seems, besides the fleet 😞

repair is still the same https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/m-p/6454174#M70804

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

Thanks Owen, already tried that, but the repair button is greyed out. Is there anyway to prompt it? Ie, if I were to remove a file from the Swtor game folder or change something in the .ini file 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm on Australia - East Coast. Ping to Shae Vizla is a glorious 14-18ms! I haven't seen that since Dar'nala and Gav Daragon servers were a thing.

Normal ping to the US servers is typically 240-340; ping to EU servers tends to be 180-220.

Played all the content - GSF, Arena, FP - no issues so far.

Can we keep this?

• Like 4

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Seems smoother somehow (not a technical person), more responsive
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?  Unable to tell at this point
  • What region/country do you reside in?  New Zealand
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.  See below
  • Is grouped content working properly?  N/A - solo only
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?  N/A - solo only
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?  None so far
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? None
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? None so far

Pings between 7.30-7.45pm NZT:
Darth Malgus (on board ship) - 283ms

Satele Shan (Imperial fleet) - 403ms

Star Forge (on board ship) - 295ms

Shae Vizla (Odessen) - 34ms (FANTASTIC)

Edit: as a preferred player, I don't have any of the features that I have unlocked for my account, i.e. being able to hide my head slot etc.

Edited by TziganeNZ

Logged into Server just fine.    Ping was comparable to Satele Shan for me.  I copied a character over and everything seem to be working fine on that end.  Only problem I experienced was with the last boss of Black Talon.  My group was unable to complete the Flashpoint due to the cutscene prior to the boss not starting for 1 person in the group.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?

Idk, on wz and fp its fine but idk how with 16ppl operations.

• Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?

Not for now.

• What region/country do you reside in?

EU. 

• Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.

On DM have 60-50ping, on vizla 300.

• Is grouped content working properly?

Have small bug with cutscene before jedi on black talon. Just cutscene don't start for all player in group.

• How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?

FP,WZ its fast. GSF, still waiting. 

• Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?

Not rly.

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

Yes. In UI Editor, when u wanna toolbar "anchor to minimap" its reset after change phase, reset or relog. It is also on livve server.
Ping in old map don't show properly. And ppl need use "signal" from this "new" Utility Bar.

• Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?

Nope

• Rest?

Still wrong animation on Juggernatur Vicious Slash isn't fixed. We have one saber, we are not Marrauder/Sentinel. But also u know about this long time and u doing nothig with that. 

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Thanks Owen, already tried that, but the repair button is greyed out. Is there anyway to prompt it? Ie, if I were to remove a file from the Swtor game folder or change something in the .ini file 🤷🏻‍♀️

Seems reinstall is what swtor support suggest, if the repair is not lighting up after login before pressing the play button.....

• Like 1

very low ping 301 ms

nop all good

Norway

ping on Shea vizla 301

ping on Darth malgus 34

GST every thing looks good but low ping

Arena every thing looks good but low ping

Flashpoint every thing looks good but low ping

GSF  normal and fast

Arena normal and fast

nop all good for me

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

nop all good

nop all good

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - excellent  8 ms
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - all good so far
  • What region/country do you reside in? - Australia
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. -  240ms on US servers, 8 ms on this server
  • Is grouped content working properly? - Yes, managed to queue and complete all grouped content.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - No noticeable difference.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - No issues with travel.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - All worked as they should
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - Did not notice any sound discrepancies.

Signed in yesterday, was smooth and quick. Started a new toon, man it brought back memories starting all over with nothing. Played for a few hours and didnt run into any problems/areas of concern. I logged in from the US; Pacific North West area. Ping was good. Planetary travel was fine, just wish it didn't cost so much to QT, especially with a new toon and no credits. Noticed that the Character Perks wasn't available, but it was a new toon and on a Test Server. Didn't notice any discrepancies with the sound or graphics. Overall experience was good.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Excellent, everything is much faster and smoother in general.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? No
  • What region/country do you reside in? Australia, Southern NSW
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. I normally get 230ms over on Star Forge but on the test server I'm at 16ms.
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes, I was able to complete all assigned tasks with no crashing or bugs.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Took a fair time for GSF but everything else was decent. (Keep in mind I was testing after 10PM Australian time)
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? No
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? No
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No, I did Black Talon which is cut scene heavy and all scenes played fine.

Awesome, 200 ms drop in most everything.
    None as yet
    Australia
    SF- 287 compares to  SV- 58
    Yes it seemed to see below.
    very quickly 
    None experienced
    None experienced
    Yadira was missing her lightsaber in the black talon

The only issue I saw was a little spiky in the black talon, went up to 150 for 58 and drops again, once or twice.

One a side note playing normally I experience halts in the game when fighting etc, these were gone in the test server, I had assumed it was graphics although mine is well and truly above the required, it seems its tied to lag.
It was nice to have a decent ping for a change, I even did the pvp things which I haven't done since 2015!
Please let us keep the APAC server, it is so much better to have things work as intended.

Please note I live in the South West of WA 58 ping is actually awesome, even wow is 90
Cheers

Edited by Nommaz
added info

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Everything seemed to be running much more smoothly. 
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? I've had no issues
  • What region/country do you reside in? USA (MN)
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. Usually have a 150 - 200 ms ping but on SV, my ping has been minimal. 
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes, it is. 
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? I'm able to get in rather quickly except for FP but that's primarily due to people declining invites. 
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Not that I have seen so far
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Nothing of note
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? None at all

• It feels fine. I didn't have any connectivity issues throughout my time there.
    • Nowhere I noticed
    • East Coast USA
    • on Star Forge/Satele Shan I average about 10-15ms
    • on Shae Vizla I was at 220ms (its an APAC server so its understandable)
    • As far as I know
    • My CPU is gassed, load times are wild
    • No
    • No
    • No

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - Better
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - None
  • What region/country do you reside in? - Dhaka, Bangladesh
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. - Darth Malgus 210-250; Shae Vizla - 130 so excellent.
  • Is grouped content working properly? - Yes, no issues.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - Same as an existing server.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - None that I faced.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - Everything was as usual.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - None in my gameplay. 

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Feels same or similar 
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? No.
  • What region/country do you reside in? EU/Germany
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. < 70 normally on Tulak Hord. ~280 on Shae.
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes, it worked well for me. No problems.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Similar to live
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? No
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Not that I have found.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? Not that I have found.

One thing to add:
looks like special characters for char names are not working. Instead it reads "?" in the name.

Edited by MarKad
addition

• Dev Post
18 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It’s definitely a corruption of my fleet files. I tried it other characters on starforge & I got the same problem. I started a new Alt on Shae Vizla and had no problems playing and lvling until I got to the fleet. Then there is no floor again. So I’ve ruled out it being a character issue. 
It would be great if Bioware or someone could suggest how to force a file repair without needing to reinstall. It’s grayed out on the client screen. 

The ping is amazing at 5ms. All the Aussies playing on Korriban are hoping Bioware sets up a dedicated APAC server again. 

The team is investigating the issue. Will update when I know more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From the UK.

Created a new character.

GSF could be a little laggy.

FP & Arena was fine.

Ping ranged between 295 - 400.  Normal for me is 28 on Darth Malgus.

Considering the pings, everything was quick and smooth except for occasions in the GSF.  Quite impressed tbh.

As an Australian, I love this APAC server!
We finally have a server connection that's above 2 bars

Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Much better than on Darth Malgus
Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? No
What region/country do you reside in? Melbourne Australia
Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. 300-400 On Malgus, where on Shae it's 10-20
Is grouped content working properly? Yes
How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Pretty quickly
Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? I haven't found any problems
Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? During the Korriban Incursion flashpoint, the female inquisitor's voice sounds like it has a vocoder, even when the character has no helmets equipped.

Edited by Obiwantheboldwan
accidental unfinished submission

I started a new character on this server.  I'm in California, San Jaoquin County.

Right away I noticed my ping was 2-4 times what it normally is on Star Forge or Satele.  I normally have a ping of around 70, but ranges from 50-80.  On Shae I was getting a ping of 160-200 during the several hours I played.  

When I first logged in, with only 33 people in the instance for Tython there was noticeable lag.  People complaining of abilities not activating right away (I Didn't experience that) but I did see people suddenly back up and then stop and look around, like they suddenly rewound and were trying to figure out what happened.  

What I did experience is stuttering with poor frame rates and lack of smoothness.  It was playable, but not great.  That was around 10AM-12PM PST. 

I took a break and came back around 2PM PST to find that while my ping was still at 164, 28 people on Tython but no frame rate drops or stuttering.  So it seems to have cleared up.  Travelled to fleet and was smooth there as well.

GSF quest completed about 30 seconds into the match.  Said we were defeated, but neither team had points.  Not sure what happened there.  

Did An Arena.  No Exit area or auto log out after the match.  3 of us were stuck, the other 5 all seemed to be able to leave normally.  We ended up getting booted out after a minute of so.  we got credit for the intro to PVP quest.  

37 minutes ago, ploesch said:

People complaining of abilities not activating right away (I Didn't experience that) but I did see people suddenly back up and then stop and look around, like they suddenly rewound and were trying to figure out what happened.  

This is how it is for us Aussies all the time, and people said it would be fine when we lost our servers lol, hoping for a good outcome here, Shae was a much much better experience for me

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

The team is investigating the issue. Will update when I know more. 

Thanks Jackie. I’m pretty sure I might have corrupted fleet files. And the repair button is grayed out 😞. Hopefully the patch on April 6th will repair those files & I won’t have to do a reinstall. 

So here is my feedback:

I found no difference at least not in the areas I tested.
    Factoring in that I connected from the far side of the world (Central Europe) the performance was nominal with a 300-600ms lag.
    Central Europe/Germany
    Usually I have 60-80ms server lag. Connecting to the APAC region I had a server lag of 300-600ms.
    I never play group content. I have a disability that hinders me playing with "normal" players as I can't keep up with them speed-wise and I mostly get vote-kicked after 5 minutes into an FP or OP.
    Didn't test it.

Travel seemed to be fully OK.

I did a complete "100k conquest points" run and didn't miss anything.

I had a very minor glitch where the hands of my cyborg weren't shown as intended but as bare hands. Once I moved a tiny bit the expected appearance was restored.

So far I only tested solo content and there was no difference to a normal server. Everything seemed to be OK.