Test server, Shae Vizla, will be opening on April 3rd!

JackieKo

So, the mount is for PVP players. Okay, thank you, but no, thank you.   It would seem to be that you want pvp players to test the server, and in that case, which would not be me.  Good luck, but this time, there is no reason for me to test this as I have zero interest in pvp (and that also refers to GSF)

Edited by casirabit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, casirabit said:

So the mount is for PVP players. Okay, thank you, but no, thank you. Giving me another reason not to worry about the test server.  

It's not for pvpers? Is to people to play pvp gsf and fp to TEST how the server will be and if it will have any sort of issue

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Interesting, wasn't expecting this at all. While it isn't beneficials to me, as I'm in South America and the new server is likely to have even higher ping for me than the NA ones I am really glad for this. I've known a lot of APAC players over the years and they always complain about how laggy their experiences can be, around 500 MS or so and that's much more than I usually play with which is 200 MS or so, so hopefully this means they'll be able to experience SWTOR in a smoother fashion like when they used to have their own servers.

15 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

It's not for pvpers? Is to people to play pvp gsf and fp to TEST how the server will be and if it will have any sort of issue

This is what it says you must do to get the mount:

We will be granting the Opal Vuptilla Mount to players who achieve the following:

• Complete an Arena or Warzone PvP match
  • Complete a GSF match
  • Complete a Flashpoint

From the article, it seems you must do all of it to get the mount.    So, if you do not pvp (which is also GSF), then there is no mount, so why would I bother to test the server when I have no intention of pvp?  It is acceptable for those that like to do it, but I don't, so the reward is for those that like to pvp, and that is fine if they want to do something for PVP players. I am just not the type of player they want to test the server, which is fine with me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, casirabit said:

We will be granting the Opal Vuptilla Mount to players who achieve the following:

• Complete a GSF match
  • Complete a Flashpoint

From the article, it seems you must do all of it to get the mount.    So, if you do not pvp (which is also GSF), then there is no mount, so why would I bother to test the server when I have no intention of pvp?  It is acceptable for those that like to do it, but I don't, so the reward is for those that like to pvp, and that is fine if they want to do something for PVP players. I am just not the type of player they want to test the server, which is fine with me.

But that is hardly the idea to test the new server for pvp, it is to test the server under stress when several people are moving and casting skills at the same time and see if it holds up or packet losses/disconnects and such happen. Of course if you dont want to do pvp you won't, but its not targeted for pvpers

• Confused 1

That seem to be a good thing but It's difficult to imagine concretes results of what will happen for gaming experience.

@JackieKo Could it be possible to have some screenshots or details that these update (64bits and awvs) will bring please ? Also are you working on a next devstream (hoping 7.3 ^^ ) And last one; do devs are working on a 8.0 (yeah yeah, At least, I can say I asked, even if you cant talk about ir for now ^^ )

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Kazuone said:

That seem to be a good thing but It's difficult to imagine concretes results of what will happen for gaming experience.

@JackieKo Could it be possible to have some screenshots or details that these update (64bits and awvs) will bring please ? Also are you working on a next devstream (hoping 7.3 ^^ ) And last one; do devs are working on a 8.0 (yeah yeah, At least, I can say I asked, even if you cant talk about ir for now ^^ )

Dev tracker is your friend.
Test server, Shae Vizla, will be opening on April 3rd! - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

ronin_chi_lao   you just linked  @Kazuone to this very thread they posted in lol  i think you meant to direct them to the actual info itself here hyperlinked within Jackie's OP ?  -->   https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20230330

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: if i'm confused, they're probably wondering same thing
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What I wanted to ask is if it is possible to have screenshots before/after like (1) Example image of the graphical upgrade coming in 7.0 : ffxiv (reddit.com) 
I've read the thread, I'll test the PTS but I think It could be very usefull to have some concrete exemples of what we could have in swtor future update (Ok, mainly graphical lol )

Edited by Kazuone

44 minutes ago, Kazuone said:

If you want to see the immediate results of the 64-bit upgrade, just log in to any Live server and play.

2 hours ago, casirabit said:

So the mount is for PVP players. Okay, thank you, but no, thank you. Giving me another reason not to worry about the test server.  

The entitlement is strong with this one.  The reward is for testing systems that stress the servers, you don't have to be good, you don't have to be successful.  If you don't want to do it that is fine, but literally no one cares about your entitlement to a reward you are not willing to earn because you are not willing to actually do the testing needed. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

We have some awesome news to share regarding the next step in our initiative to host our servers on the cloud! A new test server will be opening up on April 3rd. All of the details can be found here. 

*FR/DE translations will be published at a later time*

Jackie 

Hi Jackie,

Seeing as this is mostly aimed at APAC players to test, can I suggest you promote it heavily on Twitter, Reddit & in the general forums as such. To recruit as many APAC players as you can. 

Otherwise there will only be a handful of us doing it. If I hadnt read the link you provided, I wouldn’t have know from the title or content of your post that this had anything to do with APAC.

Edit: @JackieKo you should also advertise this on Steam & on the login normal loading screen ASAP. That way you will hopefully reach more APAC players who might not be playing anymore due to you getting rid of the original APAC servers. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, casirabit said:

• Complete a GSF match
  • Complete a Flashpoint

It’s not really a PVP centric test.

I think BioWare just wants to see how much lag/ping happens in any queued content, especially for anyone in my APAC region. Which is why flash points are also included.

The more people who can test globally will also help stress the server instance & how your ping relates to ours in APAC. It would really help us down under if you can also login to test 🙏

• Confused 1

If they really want to stress test, they could add a requirement to kill a world boss. 50+ players attacking a world boss is a lot more stress than a 16 player warzone. Warzones should certainly be tested, but they aren't going to stress things as much as a world boss with massive group fighting it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

If they really want to stress test, they could add a requirement to kill a world boss. 50+ players attacking a world boss is a lot more stress than a 16 player warzone. Warzones should certainly be tested, but they aren't going to stress things as much as a world boss with massive group fighting it.

They know they’ll never get 50 players on the PTS at the same time to do that. 

• Confused 1

I'll see if my guild is willing to go on the test server together.

A question: how does the reward works?

If I import a toon on Satele Shan to the test server, will that toon the one who receives the mount?

Or the reward is given to whoever log in and claim it?

I know you can probably unlock it in collection, but I may not want to pay the cc for it.

4 hours ago, eabevella said:

I'll see if my guild is willing to go on the test server together.

A question: how does the reward works?

If I import a toon on Satele Shan to the test server, will that toon the one who receives the mount?

Or the reward is given to whoever log in and claim it?

I know you can probably unlock it in collection, but I may not want to pay the cc for it.

If it's like past PTS rewards, it will be like all the other reward items (May the Fourth droid minipets, etc.) and arrive by mail on all your characters on all the servers you play on.

• Like 2

Does someone here understands or can guess what this path of server in the cloud means for the future of the game?

Besides the good news for apac region of course.

Do these new options open the door for the old servers? Improvements... merging? 

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

If it's like past PTS rewards, it will be like all the other reward items (May the Fourth droid minipets, etc.) and arrive by mail on all your characters on all the servers you play on.

Oh that's great! Thanks!

On 3/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, casirabit said:

So, the mount is for PVE players. Okay, thank you, but no, thank you.   It would seem to be that you want pve players to test the server, and in that case, which would not be me.  Good luck, but this time, there is no reason for me to test this as I have zero interest in pve.

Firstly, the rewards are NOT only for PvE people. You are also required to do a little bit of PvP in order to get the rewards.

But most importantly, BioWare is asking all of us to do our daily routine on this new server.
They want us to test whether doing master mode operations give unforeseen issues.
They want us to test whether running daily zones give unforeseen issues.
They want us to test whether hunting datacrons give unforeseen issues.
They want us to test whether playing with casirabit give unforeseen issues.

If you have any semblance of honor, I would suggest you edit your post to be more accurate and truthfully instead of suggesting this is only for PvE people ...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, fire-breath said:

Firstly, the rewards are NOT only for PvE people. You are also required to do a little bit of PvP in order to get the rewards.

But most importantly, BioWare is asking all of us to do our daily routine on this new server.
They want us to test whether doing master mode operations give unforeseen issues.
They want us to test whether running daily zones give unforeseen issues.
They want us to test whether hunting datacrons give unforeseen issues.
They want us to test whether playing with casirabit give unforeseen issues.

If you have any semblance of honor, I would suggest you edit your post to be more accurate and truthfully instead of suggesting this is only for PvE people ...

My post did not say PVE, it said pvp.  Not sure why it stated that because if you would reread my post:

"So, the mount is for PVP players. Okay, thank you, but no, thank you.   It would seem to be that you want pvp players to test the server, and in that case, which would not be me.  Good luck, but this time, there is no reason for me to test this as I have zero interest in pvp (and that also refers to GSF)

So nowhere in the post does it say PVE, it states PVP.    In addition, other forum posters have also shown that I stated PVP, as they know I am not a fan of PVP.

• Like 2