WHY IN THE GALAXY Do You Now Have To Pay For Quick Travel?!!

GalaxyWeasel

4 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

If you are a new player with 5 billion credits, you must have not purchased any of the existing credit sinks. Crafting. Outfits. Companion gifts.  Because I've been playing for 10 years and don't have 5 billion credits.  I play across multiple servers, my most "experienced" characters are on Star Forge, and my wealthiest characters are on Darth Malgus. And even there I just have around a billion credits spread out across 15 characters. 

I bought a lot of unlocks with credits but all of the locks are a few hundred thousand at best. I don't think I spent more than 300,000 for one of the unlocks. Unlocks are extremely cheap.

I have 5 billion because I farmed low to mid level purple mats and sold them to get started. Then I bought a few items off the auction house and resold those; they were cartel market items I was originally looking at for personal use then noticed people would post whole sets super cheap. If you buy whole sets that are under priced then open them and resell the parts for 500m to 1 billion each you can quickly triple your money.

Edited by remylion

I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about money. There are really more important issues that need to be changed.
For example, first of all, a resistance to stun would finally have to be introduced. Can not be that you are stunned on his homeworld with level 80 of a runaway NPC at the first blow.
There we are already at the second important Thame: The level restriction must finally go away.
What's the point of leveling if you're going to get back to the maximum level of the respective planet/FP anyway?
Skyrim is the best example. Morrowind and all previous Elder Scrolls games were rather slow sellers because it didn't matter how high level you were because the enemies always had the same level.
Sure, you have more skills, but they don't make up for the lack of levels. The time spent on the H+ quests alone, which you have to invest due to the limitation, is not only annoying but also spoils the fun.
And thirdly, in the preview (for example, the lightsabers) should not only be the appearance but also the sound. I got the unstable lightsaber of the dark guard of honor and had to realize that there is almost no sound for the horrendous 5400 card coins. More than disappointing.

The money will eventually regulate itself. Either no one will buy anything or all those who want to earn something will have to start crafting.
Or the best idea of all: Set an upper limit for monthly sales. If you can only sell AND buy 2 billion a month you can either sell/buy a lot of small stuff or a few times something big.
THAT would also have the advantage of taking the wind out of the sails of those ominous guys who offer their credits for real money.

Greetings.

• Confused 1

On 4/8/2023 at 2:06 AM, AngharThallmar said:

I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about money. There are really more important issues that need to be changed.
For example, first of all, a resistance to stun would finally have to be introduced. Can not be that you are stunned on his homeworld with level 80 of a runaway NPC at the first blow.
There we are already at the second important Thame: The level restriction must finally go away.
What's the point of leveling if you're going to get back to the maximum level of the respective planet/FP anyway?
Skyrim is the best example. Morrowind and all previous Elder Scrolls games were rather slow sellers because it didn't matter how high level you were because the enemies always had the same level.
Sure, you have more skills, but they don't make up for the lack of levels. The time spent on the H+ quests alone, which you have to invest due to the limitation, is not only annoying but also spoils the fun.
And thirdly, in the preview (for example, the lightsabers) should not only be the appearance but also the sound. I got the unstable lightsaber of the dark guard of honor and had to realize that there is almost no sound for the horrendous 5400 card coins. More than disappointing.

The money will eventually regulate itself. Either no one will buy anything or all those who want to earn something will have to start crafting.
Or the best idea of all: Set an upper limit for monthly sales. If you can only sell AND buy 2 billion a month you can either sell/buy a lot of small stuff or a few times something big.
THAT would also have the advantage of taking the wind out of the sails of those ominous guys who offer their credits for real money.

Greetings.

The TL:DR is it hurts new players, f2p players and anyone with a cap on their credits!

I have given money to newbies lately so they can get around and no i'm not being exploited because if i was they wouldn't have been extremely appreciative with just a million credits or less.

It is actively hurting players trying to play the game. It needs to be reversed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/1/2023 at 3:21 AM, vanonipro said:

bruh, just kill a few mobs and you will loot enough credits to Quick Travel for a week.

Or sell ANY item on GTN in this economy and you'll have Quick Travel credits for the rest of your life!

That just proves how pointless this particular credit sink is, and all it does is annoy people.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aries_cz said:

That just proves how pointless this particular credit sink is, and all it does is annoy people.

that shows why credit sinks are needed.

With credit caps in the game Bioware has no choice but to fix the credit economy or it will eventually impact their cash shop sales if it already hasn't.

When it becomes common to hit your legacy credit cap, credits will become nearly worthless. If credits lose too much value the people who buy cash shop items to sell in game for credits will stop buying cash shop items.

The devs have no choice but to fix the credit economy if they want to retain their cash shop sales.

Edited by remylion
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, YaddleTwo said:

The TL:DR is it hurts new players, f2p players and anyone with a cap on their credits!

I have given money to newbies lately so they can get around and no i'm not being exploited because if i was they wouldn't have been extremely appreciative with just a million credits or less.

It is actively hurting players trying to play the game. It needs to be reversed.

There's a mentality in this game against new/F2P players 'begging' that's as old as the game. I saw someone in my guild asking if anyone had 1M to give them so they could buy a mount on the GTN. They were F2P ofc. One of the council members gave them a stern warning about 'begging' in guild chat. Me, i'm sitting on 5B, 1M is nothing, i offered to send them the money but they told me they found someone who was willing to buy it for them...after they inspected the item on the GTN for some reason.

It was a gross mentality back in the day when 1M was worth a lot, and it's a completely nonsensical mentality now when it's not worth much. Suppose I give them 1M and then they go back to 'begging' on guild chat for 1M for something else...and so what? I'm out 1M, that doesn't hurt me lol. But there's this 'deserving poor' attitude that's almost exclusively directed from subs at F2Pers who are seen as freeloaders and 'exploiters', and good people like yourself who are forced to defend yourself against that charge when you're just being friendly.  

Edited by Ardrossan
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, Gimpeline said:

I doubt they read any of the feedback. If they did, they would have done it diffrent

No, they wouldn't.  Devs have rarely listened to player feedback and that's been an issue since alpha/beta testing.  

The perfect example of the devs not listening to those who test for them is the operations they released with Shadow of Revan back in December 2014.  The raiders who tested them said they were too hard for causal raiding guilds and they were also released broken like a lot of other stuff related to that expansion.  Which included the final fight with Revan also being broken.

Devs didn't tone them down, didn't fix what was broken before release then went on holiday.  People stopped raiding, I know raiders who quit by 2015 over it.  Then the devs go, oh, look, people don't want raids then proceeded to not release any for years. 

• Like 3

On 4/9/2023 at 10:50 PM, remylion said:

that shows why credit sinks are needed.

With credit caps in the game Bioware has no choice but to fix the credit economy or it will eventually impact their cash shop sales if it already hasn't.

When it becomes common to hit your legacy credit cap, credits will become nearly worthless. If credits lose too much value the people who buy cash shop items to sell in game for credits will stop buying cash shop items.

The devs have no choice but to fix the credit economy if they want to retain their cash shop sales.

Obviously sinks are needed, nobody says they are not, but having QT paid for is not it.

As people have proven, you can just sell a single CM item and be set for life, or run a heroic Weekly for a month of costs covered.

People have provided numerous other ideas on PTS forums that would be more effective and less annoying on the common player.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Aries_cz said:

Obviously sinks are needed, nobody says they are not, but having QT paid for is not it.

As people have proven, you can just sell a single CM item and be set for life, or run a heroic Weekly for a month of costs covered.

People have provided numerous other ideas on PTS forums that would be more effective and less annoying on the common player.

What numbers? People have metrics on how often quick travel is used by everyone on the regular servers and how much is being removed each day?

Please, show me the metrics on how many credits are being removed a day by quick travel for each server and tell me why removing billions a day is not an effective credit sink.

You seem to be under the assumption that a single credit sink should fix years of neglect and hyper-inflation. That is not how credit sinks work. Credit sinks do not work alone and they do not fix economies single-handedly.

25 minutes ago, remylion said:

Please, show me the metrics on how many credits are being removed a day by quick travel for each server and tell me why removing billions a day is not an effective credit sink.

It's not an effective credit sink if it doesn't actually remove credits from the game. It would take dozens of credit sinks like this to even slow down the influx of credits in the game. Implementing one very minor sink does nothing but annoy players (and it also is directed specifically at the group of players generating the least credits).

It doesn't remove any credits from the game at all, it only marginally slows the increase and is easily bypassed by the players generating the vast majority of the credits each day (billions more credits have been added to the game since this was implemented - billions removed per day is a massive exaggeration). So while it reduced (it does not remove) credits from the total generated each day it did not reduce the credits in game at all. A much more effective way to do the same thing would have been to reduce credit awards for all play styles by 1% (which would "remove" more credits from the game than this misguided credit sink)

6 minutes ago, DWho said:

It's not an effective credit sink if it doesn't actually remove credits from the game. It would take dozens of credit sinks like this to even slow down the influx of credits in the game. Implementing one very minor sink does nothing but annoy players (and it also is directed specifically at the group of players generating the least credits).

It doesn't remove any credits from the game at all, it only marginally slows the increase and is easily bypassed by the players generating the vast majority of the credits each day (billions more credits have been added to the game since this was implemented - billions removed per day is a massive exaggeration). So while it reduced (it does not remove) credits from the total generated each day it did not reduce the credits in game at all. A much more effective way to do the same thing would have been to reduce credit awards for all play styles by 1% (which would "remove" more credits from the game than this misguided credit sink)

You keep saying "... it doesn't actually remove credits from the game" and "It doesn't remove any credits from the game at all...". But then turn around and say "... it only marginally slows the increase..."

You keep contradicting yourself because you know what this credit sink does and you know why it is effective. The issue is you do not like it on an emotional level.

Do you believe the devs only have this single credit sink planned? That they aren't working to reduce credit rewards?

On 2/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

This is a follow up to the information we released in the Game Update 7.2.1 PTS blog post. ICYMI, 7.2.1 will be introducing initiatives to combat the inflation that is present in the game. We’ve seen conversations surrounding this topic, and we share similar sentiment to the concerns about the game’s economy. This will be an ongoing initiative that will be rolled out over several updates as we want to slowly introduce these new changes and give players time to adjust and also provide opportunities to give us feedback. 

We understand that there is demand to fix things now, but we are taking special care to introduce these measures over time as correcting the economy is not something that can be done overnight. Immediate implementation can have the opposite effect and potentially crash the economy instead. 

We have been identifying key areas where improvements and changes can be made, and weighing how these will impact both the player experience and the economy. Our general economic balancing goals are as follows: 

• Reduce tax/credit cost avoidance
  • Reintroduce credit sinks as some were removed in the past
  • Adjust inflow in certain repeatable content
  • Use these changes as opportunities to improve the experience while also reducing credits
  • Monitor how these changes impact the economy over time and adjust accordingly if needed

With the 7.2.1 PTS opening soon, players will be able to see the following adjustments:

• Quick Travel now has a credit cost associated, with a minimum cost of 100 credits and a maximum cost of 5000. The cost to travel is dependent on the distance traveled.
  • Priority Transport Terminal now costs the original planet travel costs to transfer between daily areas.
  • Travel to Strongholds now costs the original planet travel costs to transfer between planets.
  • Repair cost formulas have been adjusted across the entirety of the game so that repair costs increase in relation to item level.
  • Durability of equipment should now be lost at a LOWER rate on death, but a slightly HIGHER rate in normal gameplay. 

We ask that players submit their feedback here after they have have experienced these changes on the PTS. General discussion should be kept to this thread. 

While we cannot give a definitive timeline on when the future changes will be deployed, you should expect to continue seeing more changes in future game updates. As always, we will communicate the finer details, the timeline in which these changes can be tested, and when they will go live. 

Thanks all! 

I highlighted some of your concerns. When the devs stated "Adjust inflow in certain repeatable content" maybe that could they are planning on lowering rewards after they see how the quick travel credit sink will impact the economy.

What have we always asked devs to do when balancing combat? Make giant sweeping changes to everything at once and hope it works or make small adjustments and test those changes. I know what devs in MMOs tend to do and why combat is never balanced.  The economy is no different. If you want it done correctly you have to make small adjustments and see how that impacts the economy. You make massive sweeping changes to everything at once and the devs can crash the economy.

9 minutes ago, remylion said:

You keep saying "... it doesn't actually remove credits from the game" and "It doesn't remove any credits from the game at all...". But then turn around and say "... it only marginally slows the increase..."

You keep contradicting yourself because you know what this credit sink does and you know why it is effective. The issue is you do not like it on an emotional level.

Do you believe the devs only have this single credit sink planned? That they aren't working to reduce credit rewards?

I highlighted some of your concerns. When the devs stated "Adjust inflow in certain repeatable content" maybe that could they are planning on lowering rewards after they see how the quick travel credit sink will impact the economy.

What have we always asked devs to do when balancing combat? Make giant sweeping changes to everything at once and hope it works or make small adjustments and test those changes. I know what devs in MMOs tend to do and why combat is never balanced.  The economy is no different. If you want it done correctly you have to make small adjustments and see how that impacts the economy. You make massive sweeping changes to everything at once and the devs can crash the economy.

You are having difficulty understanding the difference between reduction and reducing the increase. These are two different things. reducing the increase does not remove any credits from the game (at the end of the day, you have more credits in the game not less). Reduction removes credits from the game. The two sinks implemented (QT and Repair costs) do not reduce the credits already in the game at all. Unless credits are actually removed from the game, prices will continue to climb.

On the other hand, the GTN tax does remove credits from the game. This should have been what they were looking at as it is far more effective and impacts the people generating the credits the most (since they are mostly selling what they get from the repeatable missions with their level 80 characters)

As to the "adjust inflow in certain repeatable content". It doesn't do that at all. The only content impacted is the non-repeatable RPG content (leveling). The repeatable heroics, FPs, and Operations (as well as PVP) do not use QT. People running FP get a free transport to the FP location as do PVPers and Raiders. Those running heroics simply use the heroic transports (which don't have a travel cost either)

As to do the devs having only this credit sink planned, the answer is most likely. Why would you implement only 1 credit sink if you planned on implementing more, especially when it is so similar to the other "transport" mechanics which didn't get a "tax" and are used much more often.

48 minutes ago, DWho said:

You are having difficulty understanding the difference between reduction and reducing the increase. These are two different things. reducing the increase does not remove any credits from the game (at the end of the day, you have more credits in the game not less). Reduction removes credits from the game. The two sinks implemented (QT and Repair costs) do not reduce the credits already in the game at all. Unless credits are actually removed from the game, prices will continue to climb.

On the other hand, the GTN tax does remove credits from the game. This should have been what they were looking at as it is far more effective and impacts the people generating the credits the most (since they are mostly selling what they get from the repeatable missions with their level 80 characters)

As to the "adjust inflow in certain repeatable content". It doesn't do that at all. The only content impacted is the non-repeatable RPG content (leveling). The repeatable heroics, FPs, and Operations (as well as PVP) do not use QT. People running FP get a free transport to the FP location as do PVPers and Raiders. Those running heroics simply use the heroic transports (which don't have a travel cost either)

As to do the devs having only this credit sink planned, the answer is most likely. Why would you implement only 1 credit sink if you planned on implementing more, especially when it is so similar to the other "transport" mechanics which didn't get a "tax" and are used much more often.

is the quick travel fee not reducing the amount of credits in the economy?

is the possible reduction of credit rewards not what you were asking about earlier?

1 hour ago, DWho said:

A much more effective way to do the same thing would have been to reduce credit awards for all play styles by 1% (which would "remove" more credits from the game than this misguided credit sink)

Edited by remylion

2 hours ago, remylion said:

You need to do some math because in order for $billions a day to be removed they'd need a couple hundred million playing each day. Especially when you consider the fact that those with billions in their banks hardly ever use quick travel.

10 minutes ago, remylion said:

is the quick travel fee not reducing the amount of credits in the economy?

is the possible reduction of credit rewards not what you were asking about earlier?

No, it is not. There are more credits in the game now than when it was implemented (billions more at least). As I tried to explain to you before a reduction in increase is not a reduction.

Note the quotation marks around the word remove (this is typically used to indicate the word being used is not the correct one but is the one someone else is using). In this case it is indicating that you used the word "remove" incorrectly and I used it to use the same term you used although it is incorrectly used.

6 minutes ago, Ramahar said:

You need to do some math because in order for $billions a day to be removed they'd need a couple hundred million playing each day. Especially when you consider the fact that those with billions in their banks hardly ever use quick travel.

I think it would also be safe to say that those generating the vast majority of credits in the game (whether they have billions or not) are not using quick travel at all). QT points are in the wrong location for doing repeatable content in general - the only time I use them is when doing GSI missions - which is rarely. When I am running heroics my travel costs are zero, yet that is one of the best ways to generate credits in the game (as opposed to accumulating them from the GTN or other player to player trades)

25 minutes ago, Ramahar said:

it only takes 200,000 quick travels at 5,000 each to remove 1 billion credits.

400,000 at 2,500 to remove one billion credits.

So you believe it will takes a 200,000,000 players to remove at minimum 2 billion credits from the game?

That's 10 credits per quick travel if those 200,000,000 players each use quick travel once. The range for quick travel cost is 100 credits to 5,000 credits.

I need to do some math?

Edited by remylion
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, remylion said:

Except that the average QT cost is more like 1000 credits. You would need 1,000,000 QTs to "remove" 1 billion. A conservative estimate of players playing the game is around 20K/day so each player would need to QT 50 times per day (25 times if the number of players is double that or a dozen times if it is 4 times that). That doesn't take into account that probably less that 25% of the players playing the game use QT more than a couple time s per day. Personally, I don't use it anywhere near that much and I consider myself to be a pretty typical player.

Edit: Also, not every player plays everyday so you would need an even higher number of QTs per player to average 10 QTs/player/day. Also updated players to players/day which is the relevant number

Edited by DWho

22 minutes ago, remylion said:

400,000 at 2,500 to remove one billion credits.

So you believe it will takes a 200,000,000 players to remove at minimum 2 billion credits from the game?

That's 10 credits per quick travel if those 200,000,000 players each use quick travel once. The range for quick travel cost is 100 credits to 5,000 credits.

I need to do some math?

Your maths are off by an order of magnitude.

I just completed a complete round of dailies on Onderon with a level 80 character.  I went there with zero credits.  Here are the results.

Total mission credit awards -- 275,166

• 1x - 13,972
  • 9x - 18,630
  • 1x - 20,493
  • 1x - 33,908 (daily patrol)
  • 1x - 39,123 (weekly)

Total quick travel costs -- 887

After completing all missions and paying the quick travel tax I had 321,465 credits.  Remember, I went there with zero credits.

Repair costs were 1,118 credits, but after selling the junk my total was 337,375.

Let us do some easy maths.

Quick travel costs and repair costs totalled 2,005 credits.  How many players would be need to remove one billion credits?  498,75... let us just round up to 500,000.

Now, how many credits did those 500k players bring in by doing a complete round of dailies on Onderon?

500,000 * 337,000 credits (rounding down) = trumpets blare...

168,500,000,000 credits.  One hundred sixty-eight billion, five-hundred million credits.  Enough to make Dr. Evil stick out that pinky.

Obviously that does not mean much because there are not 500,000 players doing Onderon dailies.  But they are doing other activities.  Activities that add in far, far more credits than are being removed via the quick travel tax or increased repair costs.

I can hear you now, but what about the people who just do low level heroics?  Huh, huh!  A-ha, betcha did not think about that?

Cost to travel to Coruscant via Solo Activities -- 0 credits

Cost to travel to a heroic via the heroic transport -- 0 credits

Cost to repair after completing one heroic -- 186 credits

Credits from selling junk -- 1,885

Credits awarded for completing that heroic -- 27,945

27,945 + 1,885 - 186 - 0 - 0 = 29,644 credits

Finished off the Coruscant dailies, repaired, sold the junk.  Final total -- 491,070 credits.  Remember, I started with zero credits.  No matter what I do I am up far, far more credits than I am out by paying for quick travel and repairs.

Meanwhile, someone starting a new story is getting one, maybe two hundred credits for completing a mission, but has to pay hundreds of credits to quick travel.  Cost to take the taxi from the Gnarls to the Jedi Temple -- 10 credits.  Cost to quick travel the same distance -- over 500.  Cost to quick travel to the Jedi Temple from the lightsaber forge -- ~2,500.

The quick travel tax does nothing to remove credits from the game.  It barely made a dent in the number of credits I received from one play session.  Anyone with a high level character is going to see these changes as trivial and meaningless.  Someone starting out, someone without a high level character, someone without billions of credits, well, they will end up walking or taking the taxi because the quick travel costs on low level planets are ludicrous making the tax into nothing more than a tax on convenience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

17 hours ago, remylion said:

I know you work really hard to be a Dev Cheerleader but even you should see the fallacy of your claim. A claim that seems to ignore that most of those who use the QT system can't afford to make the furthest QT trip, hell they can't afford a mid-range trip, and so are now walking or riding a mount to the nearest FP instead. 
Hell. Even if it was pulling your fantasy of billions out of the economy it is pulling it from the pockets of those hurt by the inflation because those with the Billions to spend are still earning heavy credits, not using QT, and both paying and demanding the same prices as before the QT tax. 
Makes me wonder if the folks cheering on the QT tax are the folks with billions because it means only they will ever be able to afford the end-game items.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ramahar said:

I know you work really hard to be a Dev Cheerleader but even you should see the fallacy of your claim. A claim that seems to ignore that most of those who use the QT system can't afford to make the furthest QT trip, hell they can't afford a mid-range trip, and so are now walking or riding a mount to the nearest FP instead. 
Hell. Even if it was pulling your fantasy of billions out of the economy it is pulling it from the pockets of those hurt by the inflation because those with the Billions to spend are still earning heavy credits, not using QT, and both paying and demanding the same prices as before the QT tax. 
Makes me wonder if the folks cheering on the QT tax are the folks with billions because it means only they will ever be able to afford the end-game items.

I am sitting on over 6 billion credits and I have only been playing for 7 weeks now. Inflation in this game is so bad that people are paying 350,000 credits for a single purple crafting mat that I was gathering while leveling.

Starter planets could use a cap on quick travel for new legacies only; not new characters but new characters on new legacies. After the starter worlds there are crafting trainers on the capital worlds along with auction houses. If you can not afford 100 credits to 5,000 credits for quick travel there is the option of speeders and walking. Players are not stuck in an unsolvable maze until they find enough credits to quick travel no matter how oddly some of the worlds are designed.

My math is not flawed. It was a simple breakdown of how many quick travels it would take to remove 1 billion at 2,500 credits and 5,000 credits each as a rebuttal to what you said.

19 hours ago, Ramahar said:

If it took "a couple hundred million playing each day" to remove 2 billion (which is the minimum of billions) credits from the economy, either each person is using quick travel once at 10 credits each, which is impossible because the lowest cost is 100 credits, or only 10% of those "a couple hundred million playing each day" are using quick travel and only paying 100 credits.

Do you really think that only 10% of every "a couple hundred million playing each day" are using quick travel once and only paying 100 credits?

Edited by remylion

On 4/11/2023 at 10:44 PM, remylion said:

What numbers? People have metrics on how often quick travel is used by everyone on the regular servers and how much is being removed each day?

You seem to be under the assumption that a single credit sink should fix years of neglect and hyper-inflation. That is not how credit sinks work. Credit sinks do not work alone and they do not fix economies single-handedly.

As others pointed out (especially @ceryxp, whose post you apparently ignored), the QT tax does absolutely nothing useful, and is equivalent of putting a bandaid on severed hand. Technically you reduce the amount of blood pouring out, but nothing that would matter.

You also assume that people are constantly QTing around, for it to remove billions on credits each day. Majority of end-game content (where the majority of credits is getting generated) do not use QT at all, or maybe 5 (and am am being exceedingly generous with that number) per session. Assuming the max cost of 5000 (which, again, as others have pointed out, is not really the case on "credit generating content"), that is 25k per person. Meaning it would take 40k people using QT 5 times per day and doing absolutely nothing else to remove 1 billion from existence (which then begs the question why are they QTing around if they are not doing anything)

And yes, we are debating this particular credit sink in vacuum, because it is the only one presented in any shape or form. People on PTS forums, back when this change was brought up, provided numerous much better ideas that would actually remove billions from the game, and would be targeted at where the real money is changing hands.

For example, GTN tax is excellent credit sink, it just needs to be uncapped, and applied to all player-to-player credit transactions. ATM, you can sell items on GTN capped at 1b, with GTN tax eating up 8%. yet you have people selling thing through /trade for costs above 1b pretty frequently. If the same tax was applied, or GTN became uncapped, money would start flowing out of the system at rate that QT tax could not ever dream of achieving.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, Ardrossan said:

There's a mentality in this game against new/F2P players 'begging' that's as old as the game. I saw someone in my guild asking if anyone had 1M to give them so they could buy a mount on the GTN. They were F2P ofc. One of the council members gave them a stern warning about 'begging' in guild chat. Me, i'm sitting on 5B, 1M is nothing, i offered to send them the money but they told me they found someone who was willing to buy it for them...after they inspected the item on the GTN for some reason.

It was a gross mentality back in the day when 1M was worth a lot, and it's a completely nonsensical mentality now when it's not worth much. Suppose I give them 1M and then they go back to 'begging' on guild chat for 1M for something else...and so what? I'm out 1M, that doesn't hurt me lol. But there's this 'deserving poor' attitude that's almost exclusively directed from subs at F2Pers who are seen as freeloaders and 'exploiters', and good people like yourself who are forced to defend yourself against that charge when you're just being friendly.  

Yep, if you ask me it's a carry over from real life practices as well imho, if you get my meaning.

The past week or so i've seen a couple people in Coruscat gen chat saying if you need quick travel money to come find them at...wherever. At least one of them i copy pasted the name and mailed them some credits to support the cause and for thanks for being a cool person.

When i "came back" to the game circa 2017/18 i was completely lost and needed a lot of guidance, and honestly budget help too so i try to repay when i can. Same cycle has been repeated in many a game.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 2:25 PM, remylion said:

I am sitting on over 6 billion credits and I have only been playing for 7 weeks now. Inflation in this game is so bad that people are paying 350,000 credits for a single purple crafting mat that I was gathering while leveling.

Now we know you are either a Troll or a character some Dev created to be a cheerleader about their BS QT tax. The only way you'd have 6 billion after seven weeks is if you were buying them with cash or botting 24/7 for months to have harvested enough to make 6 billion.
Weren't you the same one who claimed to have made hundreds of thousands of credits just doing the starter planet on a new character?

1 hour ago, Ramahar said:

Now we know you are either a Troll or a character some Dev created to be a cheerleader about their BS QT tax. The only way you'd have 6 billion after seven weeks is if you were buying them with cash or botting 24/7 for months to have harvested enough to make 6 billion.
Weren't you the same one who claimed to have made hundreds of thousands of credits just doing the starter planet on a new character?

I admit it, I am a SWTOR developer who has figured out the secret to making credits in this game.

Farm resources with your companions, sell the mats, buy whole sets off the auction house, break them open and resell the individual pieces at a gain of 2-4 times what I paid.

Shhh, don't tell people the super complicated super secret way to make money in every MMO that ever existed. Find out what players want and sell it to them.

And definitely never visit the SWTOR discord trade to get advice on what certain things are worth or how to earn credits in niche areas.

Note: I am not a developer working for SWTOR running a secret alt account for subversive public relations.

Edited by remylion