things To Do before 7.2 ...?

Nee-Elder

hi  Community,

Just wondering: Should  i (or we) be doing any of these following things before  7.2 Launch on TUESDAY ...

•  completely  claim all 100 days of Galactic Seasons-3
  •  finish maxing 'Syndicate' reputation
  •  cap out on all 'Daily'  matrix or Ops 'catalysts'  or those types of currency
  •  have one final 'queue for Ranked' PVP Tournament to get tokens for soon unobtainable "rewards"
  •  hoard any particular 'mats'  ( or conversely, to help the "economy" , SELL any particular mats  at super cheap prices )
  •  prepare stockpile of  Hot-Pockets & RedBull  for possible extended downtimes & hotfixes throughout next week

....?

*And , if you can think of any other tips  To Do  before 7.2 ( funny or serious ) please feel free to post them here within this new thread! :ph_thank_you:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: hyperlinks for reference & info
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hi  Community,

Just wondering: Should  i (or we) be doing any of these following things before  7.2 Launch on TUESDAY ...

•  cap out on all 'Daily'  matrix or Ops 'catalysts'  or those types of currency
  •  have one final 'queue for Ranked' PVP Tournament to get tokens for soon unobtainable "rewards"
  •  horde any particular 'mats'  ( or conversely, to help the "economy" , SELL any particular mats  at super cheap prices )
  •  prepare stockpile of  Hot-Pockets & RedBull  for possible extended downtimes & hotfixes throughout next week

....?

*And , if you can think of any other tips  To Do  before 7.2 ( funny or serious ) please feel free to post them here within this new thread! :ph_thank_you:

HA!  Love the list!!

I have a stack of rep stuff to try to give the Syndicate ...  assuming that it actually works this time !

I gave up on matts!  😲

And I've just finished yet ANOTHER 3-D model of another space station.  I'm waiting on the up-load from my son now so I can post it!

I'm only at level 36 or so on GS-3 ...  and not to particularly keen on pushing to get it done!

OH!!  I'm digging through all of my characters and looking to see which ones have the snowball cannons!!

😜

28 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hi  Community,

If you want to and have time between now and Tuesday to do it.

Ditto.

Ditto.

/me barfs at the mere thought of ranked PvP.

•  horde any particular 'mats'  ( or conversely, to help the "economy" , SELL any particular mats  at super cheap prices )

Hoard.  A horde is a large group of people, usually e.g. barbarians.

Nah.  If the downtime is extended, I'll play something else.  Probably I'll advance my one dude through CP2077 to get him closer to where he can bang Panam.

• Haha 1

Start that guild you have always wanted for storage. Now put all your level 1 character in it before Tuesday. Now as you level with double exp you will have a lot of easy conquest points feeding your guild. You can use this guild to get tax evasion, maybe focus on crafting buffs, etc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

:ph_thank_you:

This. In the good SWTOR tradition, I expect extended maintenance with no ETA, at least 62 new bugs and 3 hotfixes. 

1) take a snapshot of your outfitter setup so you have proof for CS to restore "lost" items. Especially if you have old gear in it.

2) Find your snowball cannons :)

Things to do after tomorrow's update:

1) Turn off chat for the next week or so - toxicity is likely going to be very high as Ranked players take out their frustration on everyone else.

2) avoid PVP warzones/arenas for a week or so - same reason as above

3) alternatively, just skip next week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWho said:

1) take a snapshot of your outfitter setup so you have proof for CS to restore "lost" items. Especially if you have old gear in it.

2) Find your snowball cannons :)

Things to do after tomorrow's update:

1) Turn off chat for the next week or so - toxicity is likely going to be very high as Ranked players take out their frustration on everyone else.

2) avoid PVP warzones/arenas for a week or so - same reason as above

3) alternatively, just skip next week.

Additional thoughts:

** Spending more time on forum board (sometimes it's more entertaining than the game itself).
** Finish live-edge table (oversized sofa table to place 3 LMB from taxidermy and other special items).
** Test snowball cannon in numerous places of public gathering across the SWTOR galaxy to see just how well it works!
** Begin the accumulation of components for DL-44 replica (metal only).
** Watch new hard copy of Top Gun Maveric (again).
** Mess with Manaan reputation a bit more (maybe).
** Put on another pot of BRC ...  dark roast !!

I only prepared by downloading a game I want to try out while waiting for the servers to come up.

Last few times I wasted time by starting to select a game when servers went down, then waiting for the download to finish, and when I finally got to play it, swtor servers came up too. So yes, I'm better prepared this time around... 🎮

4 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

I only prepared by downloading a game I want to try out while waiting for the servers to come up.

Last few times I wasted time by starting to select a game when servers went down, then waiting for the download to finish, and when I finally got to play it, swtor servers came up too. So yes, I'm better prepared this time around... 🎮

What I wouldn't give for a fiber optic connection right now.  

On 12/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, OlBuzzard said:

What I wouldn't give for a fiber optic connection right now.  

That's for sure. Glad I have high speed fiber optic. It downloaded 25+ GB sections twice today. That would have taken all day on my old crummy phone-wire internet (DSL).

33 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

I watched it download it. It dowloaded 25 GB which took 15 minutes or so (which put it at 50% complete), then it downloaded another 25 GB which took another 20 minutes. So what they said is not what I experienced.

Edited by DWho

21 hours ago, DWho said:

I watched it download it. It dowloaded 25 GB which took 15 minutes or so (which put it at 50% complete), then it downloaded another 25 GB which took another 20 minutes. So what they said is not what I experienced.

Did you watch the network traffic in Task Manager's performance pages?

14 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Back to topic ...  well sort of!

I'm definitely putting on yet ANOTHER pot of BRC (dark roast) ...  single digit temps coming!!

A wintry mess just moved through here (Wisconsin) headed for the east coast.