Hello, Crashing randomly.

vingmotor

Two people in a pug had a CTD on loading into KP

Then later on the same two people in the same operation, one CTD and the other was logged out when Foreman Crusher was pulled.

Edited by Gyronamics

Hello! I am experiencing random crashes as well, sometimes after minutes sometimes happens after hours, sometimes doesn't happen at all, but most of the time my game session ends in a crash that has always the same exact characteristics: screen will freeze, background sounds are playing and after a 5-10 seconds game will CTD.

First, I am playing through Steam (but as I can see from this thread it doesn't matter)

Second, my specs:

B560M Asus Tuf Gaming Mother Board

Intel Core I7 11700KF (no overclock)

EVGA RTX 3080 (I believe this comes with stock overclock*)

Game running in a M.2 XPG SSD

32 GB of Corsair Dominator RAM (16 stick each)

Third, tested everything hardware wise: clean boot (with clean boot the crashes stop, so its def a software issue), update and resintall drivers (every single one), tested memory, temps (while playing swtor) dont go over 60c.

Fourth: it is registered as an error in Event Viewer (I'm almost certain everyone having this issue has the same log):

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2

Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00202b05

Faulting process id: 0x284c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d866f966f9ddd8

Faulting application path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Report Id: 8d74b7c2-098d-46ea-862e-4fc81d6e9d8a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fifth: This doesn't happen at all with any other games, both super graphically intense or other old or not demanding games, it is 100% localized somewhere in SWTOR.

Sixth: I crashed today while loading for PVP (first, but also have crashed everywhere no matter what I am doing), as In have exhausted everything, the only thing I am left to test is if my susp that the game is OC sensitive is correct. So after the crash, restarted then disabled my XMP, and went into the game, no crash this time, played for about an hour (tested only once thus far at the time of writing).

Will keep testing, next step if I face another crash will be to go into debug mode on Graphics Card (stock clock) and see how SWTOR likes it...

Will keep posting.

Like many I have suffered random crashes over the past couple of weeks, at most once a day but not every day.

However, today in the space of less then half an hour I have had 3 CTD. here are the details

Playing via Steam on Darth Malgus server.

Logged into the game, was transferring some gear from Character to personal inventory when it disconnected from server, the character was on 'Fleet' at the time.

Logged back into the game and shortly afterwards logged into another character, when I attempted to transfer that character to my Nar Shadda stronghold, the game crashed.

Logged back into the character, transferred to stronghold and then exited to Nar Shadda. Started conversation with Shadow Syndicate rep, part way through crashed again.

Edit: Came back to the game 3 hours later.

Logged into game and it immediately crashed.

Then froze whilst transferring from Nar Shadda to Fleet after 10 minutes.

Then disconnected again whilst in a flash point 5 minutes after that.

Then repeatedly froze before disconnecting again within minutes of same flash point.

Game is unplayable.

Edited by BHWolf
  • Like 1

Hello! I am experiencing random crashes as well, sometimes after minutes sometimes happens after hours, sometimes doesn't happen at all, but most of the time my game session ends in a crash that has always the same exact characteristics: screen will freeze, background sounds are playing and after a 5-10 seconds game will CTD.

First, I am playing through Steam (but as I can see from this thread it doesn't matter)

Second, my specs:

B560M Asus Tuf Gaming Mother Board

Intel Core I7 11700KF (no overclock)

EVGA RTX 3080 (I believe this comes with stock overclock*)

Game running in a M.2 XPG SSD

32 GB of Corsair Dominator RAM (16 stick each)

Third, tested everything hardware wise: clean boot (with clean boot the crashes stop, so its def a software issue), update and resintall drivers (every single one), tested memory, temps (while playing swtor) dont go over 60c.

Fourth: it is registered as an error in Event Viewer (I'm almost certain everyone having this issue has the same log):

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2

Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00202b05

Faulting process id: 0x284c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d866f966f9ddd8

Faulting application path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Report Id: 8d74b7c2-098d-46ea-862e-4fc81d6e9d8a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fifth: This doesn't happen at all with any other games, both super graphically intense or other old or not demanding games, it is 100% localized somewhere in SWTOR.

Sixth: I crashed today while loading for PVP (first, but also have crashed everywhere no matter what I am doing), as In have exhausted everything, the only thing I am left to test is if my susp that the game is OC sensitive is correct. So after the crash, restarted then disabled my XMP, and went into the game, no crash this time, played for about an hour (tested only once thus far at the time of writing).

Will keep testing, next step if I face another crash will be to go into debug mode on Graphics Card (stock clock) and see how SWTOR likes it...

Will keep posting.

So first update, been playing with no crashes whatsoever since I disabled my XMP. However, this is the only game that flatlines with XMP, I have guild mates with similar specs to mine with XMP enabled and no crashes. This leads me to believe it might be localized around a software incompatibility with the CPU, entirely on SWTOR side. Hopefully this brings a bit of light devs.

I just experienced this now after exiting to the pub fleet from my stronghold. Was riding mount toward galactic cartel market for character that is trying to complete "traitor among the chiss" flashpoint and can't get past the boss mob after the first part.

By the way, PLEASE change it so you can use a companion booster during a flashpoint. Temple just can't heal decently for those that are not IMP agents. and haven't leveled her up. :mad:

After checking all drivers were up to date and verifying local files, tried again to play this game.

Logged into the game again on Darth Malgus.

Immediately disconnected.

Re-joined the server and then joined a random FP.

On the conclusion of the first boss fight, I was again disconnected. That was about 20 minutes after the first disconnection.

May try again sometime next week . Meanwhile, and not trying to be melodramatic I will see when my subscription expires.

Edited by BHWolf

Got to play the game today without any issues.

So I made a point of repeating all the various things I did in the game over the weekend, and as I said no issues.

Which invites the question, what did Bioware do over the weekend that caused these issues.

Jackie we need updates on this we have provided a lot of information for the team I'm sick of crashing to desktop or the loading screen issue this game has bought nothing but problems for the players since 7.0 and then it got worse with 7.02 what is going on over at BioWare ?

Crashes started with 7.0.2. It happens at random times. But, based on reports from other guildies it seems more likely to happen when loading into a new area. Ofthen happening on the fleet.

Playing on BW/EA launcher, not steam.

Adding this for more support help. Happens randomly to guild mates as well, grouped or ungrouped .

Just now (5/21/2022, 6:24 PM est):

Server - Star Forge

Location - Pub Fleet

What I was doing - Running around in fleet after being finishing an Op, had already quit group, pulled out comp, changed characters to buy set piece, bought it, changed back, comp out, running around on fleet again and crash.

How to replicate - ???

Yesterday - (evening)

Server - Star Forge

Location - Pub Fleet

What I was doing - running around on fleet, grouped up, no comp, waiting for our Op to start, then crash

Couple days ago

Server - Star Forge

Location - CZ 198

What I was doing - grouped with a couple peeps doing dailies, my companion was not out, crash

I will note something that *might* be useful. When I try to log back in after a crash, I have to log in ONLY on that character. Any other character gets a message “already logged in on another toon”.

Best of luck to the bug-squashers :)

I've started bluescreening in loading screens.

I have a 11th Gen Intel® Core i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz processor, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU, if that's relevant.

Edited by Tressith

Jackie can you do your job and get us answers this problem is still on going also when being summoned to a planet you get the loading screen bug or crash to desktop we have done what you asked and you have failed to even keep the subscriber base updated on what the one developer is doing on this game.

if you expect respect and kindness from the player base then you should respect us this includes the horrible support team giving cut and paste answers that are so bad it's laughable.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thank you all for the additional information. We're still investigating this bug.

The team is also asking if the following files can be submitted by those who are experiencing this issue: CRASH.dmp and CRASH.json from this file:

• C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\CrashDump\swtor

To send those files, attach them to an email to support@swtor.com with the subject: crash to desktop issue.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Hi folks,

Thank you all for the additional information. We're still investigating this bug.

The team is also asking if the following files can be submitted by those who are experiencing this issue: CRASH.dmp and CRASH.json from this file:

• C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\CrashDump\swtor

To send those files, attach them to an email to support@swtor.com with the subject: crash to desktop issue.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Before sending you the needed data I would like to ask you a question.

Since these randomly crashes occured I had an additional problem with GSF.

My crosshair disappeared / froze, all other ships got invisible and my ship moved on and got as small as a flea.

Because of this problem, I had the idea to turn off my virus protection program (only while playing Swtor)!

Since then I didn't expierence any crashes or GSF problems.

That might be a coincidence, but could also be the cause of the crashes.

Did Bioware change any routines that might cause a virus protection program to identify them as a virus and shut down Swtor?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's worth thinking about it.

I've been getting random crashes today when traveling to Onderon for the swoop racing. It happens mostly when using the transport to Onderon, but one time it happened at the end of a race. It seems traveling from one planet to another causes this bug. Last week, a group I was in summoned players to a few locations and a couple times 5 or more players all crashed at the same time. I don't remember the specific planets that time, but there is something with traveling that sometimes triggers this crash.

Edited to add that it seems the issues is related to seeing other players. Like if you are loading into an area with a bunch of other players around, that is when it is most likely to crash (this is why some players experience it when going to the fleet). It can also happen if you are riding on mount to an area with a bunch of players. For example, if you are doing swoop racing and getting towards the finish, it starts loading all the players congregating at the starting line and causes a crash. It's like the client is requesting data (armor, weapons, etc) from the server but gets no response. The client doesn't know what to do and just crashes.

Edited by ThanderSnB

this is happening to me, a lot, lately... like 5-6 times a day.

its a real problem.

i am a subscriber. you (BW) have a legal and fiduciary responsibility to deliver to me a working product. you are failing that responsibility.

how do game companies continually get away with selling broken things?