Changes to rewards for PvP, GSF, and Operations

BryantWood

Hey Community!

We appreciate the feedback, concerns, and suggestions you’ve posted in response to this thread. I wanted to jump in to address some feedback as well as provide information on additional changes we’ve been working on.

The original post will be updated with everything I’m listing below.

First let’s talk about some points of feedback we’ll be addressing. We hear your concerns about last boss lockout farming in Operations as well as the high requirements of OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create CM-1337, so here are the adjustments we’ll be making.

Reduction to CM-1337 component costs and requirements:

• The required OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create a CM-1337 has been reduced to 5 OEM-37 and 5 RPM-13 (down from 7 OEM-37 and 14 RPM-13).
  • The cost of OEM-37 and RPM-13 on the Spoils of War vendor has been reduced to 4,000 (down from 5,000 previously and 10,000 originally)

This reduces the total Tech Fragment cost of an Augment to 40,000 Tech Fragments. This is more expensive than upgrading your Legendary Implants as we do want players to focus on their Implants and gear before pursuing Augments.

Last Boss Operations farming

We’re going to make some adjustments to reduce the pressure for players to farm the final boss only. The new Tech Fragments values per boss are listed below.

Story Mode Operations

Boss 1: 150 Tech Fragments

Boss 2: 300 Tech Fragments

Boss 3: 500 Tech Fragments

Boss 4: 500 Tech Fragments

Boss 5: 550 Tech Fragments

Total: 2000 Tech Fragments

Veteran Mode Operations

Boss 1: 200 Tech Fragments

Boss 2: 450 Tech Fragments

Boss 3: 600 Tech Fragments

Boss 4: 600 Tech Fragments

Boss 5: 650 Tech Fragments

Total: 2500 Tech Fragments

Master Mode Operations

Boss 1: 225 Tech Fragments

Boss 3: 750 Tech Fragments

Boss 4: 750 Tech Fragments

Boss 5: 825 Tech Fragments

Total: 3000 Tech Fragments

These adjustments keep the total Tech Fragments the same as previously stated.

We’ve also been working on more rewards adjustments that we’re now ready to share with you all. So let’s get into the new adjustments!

Tech Fragment Increases for Solo Players:

• Random World Drops of Tech Fragments and other endgame currencies will no longer be single currency drops, we’ll be introducing bags of individual currency. These bags will be consumed as soon as they are looted and the currencies will go to your currency tab. If you are already at the currency cap these bags will be consumed and no currency will be granted.
  • The amounts in bags we’re targeting are: 20 Tech Frags, 10 Conquest Commendations, and 5 for WZ-1 Accelerant, OP-1 Catalyst, FP-1 Stabilizer, and Daily Matrices.
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from individual Daily Area and Heroic Missions increased to 30 (up from 10)
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from the Personal Conquest goal increased to 500 (up from 250)
  • Players will be able to exchange extra Conquest Commendations directly for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War vendor at a rate of 50 Conquest Commendations for 50 Tech Fragments.

Adjustments to Conquest Commendations

Hearing your feedback and evaluating currencies on our end, we’ve found players are hitting the currency cap on Conquest Commendations well before other currencies. To help this we’ll be making some adjustments:

• The currency cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 2500 (up from 999)
  • The weekly cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 1500 (up from 999)
  • As mentioned above, Conquest Commendations will be exchangeable for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War Vendor

Allowing progress on losses for Unranked Warzones

We want our PvP queues and matches to be healthy, so we’re going to be modifying Unranked Warzone missions to allow players to progress even if the match is lost. We took a look at the average completion time of Unranked Warzones compared to Galactic Starfighter matches, and arrived at three losses equal to one win for progression.

The following Missions will allow progress on loss (Wins will count 3x):

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] March Them Down
  • [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War
  • [DAILY] United We Stand
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

These additional changes will be coming out with our 7.0.2 update.

Roll back conquest to 50k. A conquest shouldn't take more then 30 min by any activity.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll back conquest to 50k. A conquest shouldn't take more then 30 min by any activity.

You can get 100k in less than 20 min. If you don't know how I suggest you actually look at the co quest objectives their listed for you.

Increasing a reputation grants 49k

Leveling a companion grants 27k ish

Right there is 75k+ you can do in less than 5 minutes every day

All it takes is some reading on your part what actual objectives can you do this week. 50k is not needed its just for extreemly lazy people who just want to farm tech fragments on 10+ alts or more

The amounts in bags we’re targeting are: 20 Tech Frags, 10 Conquest Commendations, and 5 for WZ-1 Accelerant, OP-1 Catalyst, FP-1 Stabilizer, and Daily Matrices.

Am I missing something? I'm able to get 5 WZ-1 Accelerants from a random bag drops from dailies, etc. However, a regular warzone match doesn't reward any WZ-1 Accelerant comms?

I don't like some of the changes.

Unranked Warzone Weekly and Daily quests were perfectly fine. What will be the point of following objectives and winning after the changes go live? Why are we taking a step back?

If the changes go through at least raise the Unranked Warzone Weekly to 20 (up from 4 wins now) and daily to 5 or 10 (up from 1 win now). Something similar to what it was in the past (i don't remember the exact numbers). Make wins mean something. Don't turn the Warzone PVP into another GSF.

Edited by Givemedanger

Unranked Warzone Weekly and Daily quests were perfectly fine. .

ah yes because having 20+ effin games for a weekly because you get one crap team after another was perfectly fine.

Unranked Warzone Weekly and Daily quests were perfectly fine. What will be the point of following objectives and winning after the changes go live? Why are we taking a step back?

If the changes go through at least raise the Unranked Warzone Weekly to 20 (up from 4 wins now) and daily to 5 or 10 (up from 1 win now). Something similar to what it was in the past (i don't remember the exact numbers). Make wins mean something. Don't turn the Warzone PVP into another GSF.

Hey, you want to be elitist, go play ranked. We don't need your kind dictating unranked.

Hey, you want to be elitist, go play ranked. We don't need your kind dictating unranked.

Being an elitist has nothing to do with it. It's banging your head against the monitor after trying to carry a team of afkers and players who don't know their class and/or how the warzone objs work

Requiring wins was too hardcore for unranked. I’ve never been so pissed off in unranked WZs as I have been when requiring wins to progress the weekly. Yes, it’s been nice that people were actually trying to win, but it’s not worth all the stress IMO. The only other times I’ve felt that level of frustration and stress was in ranked, which is why I don’t play ranked anymore. I’m looking for a chill time and to unwind after work, not be stressed out.

I’d like to see this for unranked.

Daily: requires 3 points, wins count x3, not repeatable

Weekly: requires 12 points, wins count x3, repeatable 2x

That would be equivalent to what we have now with the adjustment for wins count x3. I do NOT want to see them raise the weekly to require something like 20 points and not be repeatable. That would be a huge leap backwards. We would go from 3 gear crates per week down to 1. Unless the weekly drops 3 gear crates, which would be fine.

Edited by teclado

It is not a good feeling to get back-filled onto a team that is getting destroyed. There's very little incentive to play the match other than not wanting to inflict the same situation on the next poor soul in the queue. Having rewards for losing means people have an incentive to keep playing even when things look grim.

I, and I cannot stress this enough as a solo player, THANK YOU!!!!! :D I'm hoping the next bit of good news for soloers involves story...;)

Allowing progress on losses during pvp matches is the best news so far! I basically stopped playing pvp because I was wasn’t able to progress the mission and collect rewards anymore, even though it was my favorite part of the game, aside from the main story. I had gone to pretty much just gsf matches when I ultimately enjoy both pvp and gsf equally.

You can get 100k in less than 20 min. If you don't know how I suggest you actually look at the co quest objectives their listed for you.

Agreed. As a soloer, I really like that they increased the points to 100K as it adds a little bit of challenge if I fancy it, however it's possible to reach 100K really quickly doing just a couple of "high yield" conquest objectives. Even quicker if you use the purple token you get from log-in rewards :D

Allowing progress on losses during pvp matches is the best news so far!

I'm still so pleased they've done this. It was a bad move when they changed it originally, however they've listened and I'm glad losses will count again. Now it won't feel so bad when we get trounced by elite pre-mades in unranked :D

I think down the line they will do as Pricia and others have suggested and require x number of medals achieved in the match in order to get the point for a lost match OR x seconds of none participation resulting in auto removal and a deserter debuff. This should take care of the afkers (though this may take some additional adjustments for those who guard objectives; the points for guarding are currently abysmal and need to be increased - I remember wow did this when I used to play and it improved pvp so, so much).

Edited by Sarova

/golfclap

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830

Great job devs. Back to December 2021 numbers in 2 months.

Ignoring the PTS feedback for 5 months, ignoring the main issues players have had since release. pretending only some were having issues adjusting. not addressing core issues AGAIN and AGAIN.

The only actual question that actually exists is, are you going to keep pretending until its too late or not? 2 months to get back to the numbers of players from before an expansion smacks of disaster and ALL of us know of long time PAYING players that quit. Will you act now, or wait for more and more to leave and the game is at an un-recoverable state?

/golfclap

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830

Great job devs. Back to December 2021 numbers in 2 months.

Not really. Back in January average was a little over 8k peaks on week days and a little over 10k peaks on weekends. The peak today was below 7k. The peak on Sunday (usually most popular day of the week) barely passed 9k.

It's worse than pre-expansion numbers.

This is a catastrophe.

Hey Community!

We appreciate the feedback, concerns, and suggestions you’ve posted in response to this thread. I wanted to jump in to address some feedback as well as provide information on additional changes we’ve been working on.

First let’s talk about some points of feedback we’ll be addressing. We hear your concerns about last boss lockout farming in Operations as well as the high requirements of OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create CM-1337, so here are the adjustments we’ll be making.

• The required OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create a CM-1337 has been reduced to 5 OEM-37 and 5 RPM-13 (down from 7 OEM-37 and 14 RPM-13).
  • The cost of OEM-37 and RPM-13 on the Spoils of War vendor has been reduced to 4,000 (down from 5,000 previously and 10,000 originally)

This reduces the total Tech Fragment cost of an Augment to 40,000 Tech Fragments. This is more expensive than upgrading your Legendary Implants as we do want players to focus on their Implants and gear before pursuing Augments.

We’re going to make some adjustments to reduce the pressure for players to farm the final boss only. The new Tech Fragments values per boss are listed below.

Story Mode Operations

Veteran Mode Operations

Master Mode Operations

We’ve also been working on more rewards adjustments that we’re now ready to share with you all. So let’s get into the new adjustments!

• Random World Drops of Tech Fragments and other endgame currencies will no longer be single currency drops, we’ll be introducing bags of individual currency. These bags will be consumed as soon as they are looted and the currencies will go to your currency tab. If you are already at the currency cap these bags will be consumed and no currency will be granted.
  • The amounts in bags we’re targeting are: 20 Tech Frags, 10 Conquest Commendations, and 5 for WZ-1 Accelerant, OP-1 Catalyst, FP-1 Stabilizer, and Daily Matrices.
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from individual Daily Area and Heroic Missions increased to 30 (up from 10)
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from the Personal Conquest goal increased to 500 (up from 250)
  • Players will be able to exchange extra Conquest Commendations directly for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War vendor at a rate of 50 Conquest Commendations for 50 Tech Fragments.

Hearing your feedback and evaluating currencies on our end, we’ve found players are hitting the currency cap on Conquest Commendations well before other currencies. To help this we’ll be making some adjustments:

• The currency cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 2500 (up from 999)
  • As mentioned above, Conquest Commendations will be exchangeable for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War Vendor

We want our PvP queues and matches to be healthy, so we’re going to be modifying Unranked Warzone missions to allow players to progress even if the match is lost. We took a look at the average completion time of Unranked Warzones compared to Galactic Starfighter matches, and arrived at three losses equal to one win for progression.

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

When can we expect fixed bolster for warzones PVP and mods for gear?

Increasing a reputation grants 49k

Leveling a companion grants 27k ish

Right there is 75k+ you can do in less than 5 minutes every day

All it takes is some reading on your part what actual objectives can you do this week. 50k is not needed its just for extreemly lazy people who just want to farm tech fragments on 10+ alts or more

What reputation do you not have. A lot of us have the reputations maxed out a long time ago so that doesn't work for us and leveling a companion a lot of us have those maxed too.

Just a note: I have over 10 characters and I still reach my cap but guess what I am not doing it for the tech fragments. I am doing it for our guild to get the encryptions for our flagship, but it still takes me longer than 5 minutes because I cannot do those as those are not available for me.

I also think calling someone lazy because they liked the 50k conquest points when your example is actually easier than doing the missions most were doing before now, is a bit of stretch

Edited by casirabit

What reputation do you not have. A lot of us have the reputations maxed out a long time ago so that doesn't work for us and leveling a companion a lot of us have those maxed too.

Just a note: I have over 10 characters and I still reach my cap but guess what I am not doing it for the tech fragments. I am doing it for our guild to get the encryptions for our flagship, but it still takes me longer than 5 minutes because I cannot do those as those are not available for me.

I also think calling someone lazy because they liked the 50k conquest points when your example is actually easier than doing the missions most were doing before now, is a bit of stretch

I'm betting it's the new Shadow Syndicate, the one that I keep maxing out even though I just used 100 earlier the same day.

I want to know why my points are so much lower than his. I have a fully maxed out stronghold bonus, but I get 15k a day less on those two objectives. Is there something else that boosts conquest points that aren't in the guides I've read? That extra 15k a day would really help speed things up!

"Increasing a reputation grants 49k Leveling a companion grants 27k ish" I get Less than 44k for increasing reputation, that's a 5k difference. (Sadly a character has to be 50+ for this to show up, so the other servers I started characters on for conquest don't get this.) Companion influencer gives me less that 17k, and higher level characters don't seem to get the piddly little companion benefactor. So that's another 10k less that I am getting.

I want to know why my points are so much lower than his. I have a fully maxed out stronghold bonus, but I get 15k a day less on those two objectives. Is there something else that boosts conquest points that aren't in the guides I've read? That extra 15k a day would really help speed things up!

"Increasing a reputation grants 49k Leveling a companion grants 27k ish" I get Less than 44k for increasing reputation, that's a 5k difference. (Sadly a character has to be 50+ for this to show up, so the other servers I started characters on for conquest don't get this.) Companion influencer gives me less that 17k, and higher level characters don't seem to get the piddly little companion benefactor. So that's another 10k less that I am getting.

companion influencer is indeed "only" 17k (18,090 in my case) - must have been a typo on his part

I get 49k as well for the reputation, I have the 150% SH bonus + am in guilds (that can have a perk active that gives more CQ points I believe)

EDIT: I just checked, I get 47,385 for Advancement: Reputation - my guild has a 20% CQ points increase active

Edited by Dekibra

We do have the new reputation with the shadow syndicate from Seasons yes.

I'm sure you do not have all the companions unlocked on every alt including buy able ones from gtn. If so I do say that's impressive.

Take into account certain guilds have 20% cq bonus.

While I'm not calling people lazy for liking 50k better (obviously if something is easier we all would "like that") it's the notion of people complaining they can't get 100k on their alts because it's "so hard"

All it takes is opening up the mission logs for the week, and reading Objectives that can be easily completed.

I listed a few of the easiest ones for the mass public. 😎

With new gearing people should be busy doing content.

Myself I've already fully geared multiple chars so I don't earn cq that way. I do a raid here a gsf there a heroic over there, I have crafting toons that get cq just by making war supplies and dark project daily.

Before it was ridiculously easy to get 50k by doing hardly any content.

Obviously it needed to be increased. The games meant to be played right?

I'd really look into your weekly missions Objectives you may find that its not so time consuming. Tho it's not as easy as before it's by no means difficult now. People just gotta read :)

In the old days I could get conquest by logging in, scheduling some crafting missions, and then logging out. Then the next time I logged in I would have conquest.

That was super easy, and I didn't have any issue with them making it take more effort than that. But the new way of doing things is punishing in my opinion. I get it that some people don't share that opinion, but I wish they would stop insinuating that people who disagree with them are lazy or stupid.

We do have the new reputation with the shadow syndicate from Seasons yes.

I'm sure you do not have all the companions unlocked on every alt including buy able ones from gtn. If so I do say that's impressive.

Take into account certain guilds have 20% cq bonus.

While I'm not calling people lazy for liking 50k better (obviously if something is easier we all would "like that") it's the notion of people complaining they can't get 100k on their alts because it's "so hard"

All it takes is opening up the mission logs for the week, and reading Objectives that can be easily completed.

I listed a few of the easiest ones for the mass public. 😎

With new gearing people should be busy doing content.

Myself I've already fully geared multiple chars so I don't earn cq that way. I do a raid here a gsf there a heroic over there, I have crafting toons that get cq just by making war supplies and dark project daily.

Before it was ridiculously easy to get 50k by doing hardly any content.

Obviously it needed to be increased. The games meant to be played right?

I'd really look into your weekly missions Objectives you may find that its not so time consuming. Tho it's not as easy as before it's by no means difficult now. People just gotta read :)

They nerfed one conquest area though. How do I know, because I was the crazy one to do Makeb every week and I used to get 100k by the time I left, which included the kill quotas (not sure how you can miss that one with all the quests you have to do there lol) but now I get 75k, so they did something there? As far as the companions most of them are maxed but I have been playing since launch so that was not that hard to do. Only ones that aren't are the ones I hate as I never use those p.

They nerfed one conquest area though. How do I know, because I was the crazy one to do Makeb every week and I used to get 100k by the time I left, which included the kill quotas (not sure how you can miss that one with all the quests you have to do there lol) but now I get 75k, so they did something there? As far as the companions most of them are maxed but I have been playing since launch so that was not that hard to do. Only ones that aren't are the ones I hate as I never use those p.

Understandable. It comes down to time. If you can look at the objectives figureout which ones are easiest for you to do. You may be surprised you can hit thay 100k pretty quickly. :)

Obviously 50k allowed players to hit a "weekly" cq objective incredibly quick. Allowing people to hit conquest on 20 alts or even more. When you think about it that way you can see it was unhealthy for the game. Playing 1 hour a day you can hit conquest on more than 10 toons. If people don't play but like 1 or 2 hours a week we'll the shouldn't expect to hit conquest on all their toons since you have to actually play the game to get rewarded.

Hi everyone,

Have a few updates to share with you all.

Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:

We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.

• Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)

Hi!

I have been trying to get help in various channels/methods for weeks. I have one character that cannot even get the GSF daily or weekly quests. I have opened 3 in game support tickets that were basically auto closed with a form letter and zero followup/resolution. I have opened a thread in GSF channel forums with no reply. I have sent a private message with no replies. Must I really correct this issue myself by remaking my character, or can I please get some dev attention to actually fix this issue? It is VERY frustrating. Made even moreso by a lack of support.

Thanks

Hey Community!

Story Mode Operations

Veteran Mode Operations

Master Mode Operations

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

Stop the bleeding. See steam chart. roll back 6.2, keep only the flashpoint and story.