Weapons in Outfitter on the PTS

JackieKo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outfit tabs and weapon slots should work independently.

There should be an outfit tab and a weapon tab. A loadout should link to an outfit tab for armor and a weapon tab for weapons so players can set up outfits and weapons independently. Additional weapon tabs can be sold like the current outfit tabs.

Separate systems would allow a player with different combat classes to use one outfit tab for multiple combat classes then choose a different weapon for each combat class. This would also allow players to change weapon "outfits" on the fly.

The current system means a player with multiple combat classes needs to repeat the same outfit for each combat class and or weapon just to change their weapon appearance.

Existing players will have to relocate their old armor to duplicate outfits already on their outfit tab and new players will question why they have to keep all the armor they used on their outfit tab for future combat classes.

Separating the two functions would also alleviate future issues when players unlock a third of fourth combat class option.

Edited by illgot

There should be an outfit tab and a weapon tab. A loadout should link to an outfit tab for armor and a weapon tab for weapons so players can set up outfits and weapons independently. Additional weapon tabs can be sold like the current outfit tabs.

Separate systems would allow a player with different combat classes to use one outfit tab for multiple combat classes then choose a different weapon for each combat class. This would also allow players to change weapon "outfits" on the fly.

The current system means a player with multiple combat classes needs to repeat the same outfit for each combat class and or weapon just to change their weapon appearance.

Existing players will have to relocate their old armor to duplicate outfits already on their outfit tab and new players will question why they have to keep all the armor they used on their outfit tab for future combat classes.

Separating the two functions would also alleviate future issues when players unlock a third of fourth combat class option.

Hel l no, one outfit for armor AND weapon!

Or put two different weapon slots in each outfit so the one that works with the selected combat style works.

About crystals, I didn't have any on my copied character so I wasn't able to check, but yeah... Crystals need to work. There's no point using a weapon in outfitter if we can't use our crystal... Again, it would be easier to just have a crystal slot in each outfit for each weapon, instead of having to manually add the crystal to the weapon, but I suppose that needs to be fixed anyway (we can add dye to outfits from the ouftitter so there's no reason we can't add tuning/crystals the same way).

Really, all I'm looking for is...

- tuning and crystal show up for each weapon

- make each outfit work for both combat styles. People shouldn't have to make every outfit from scratch again for both combat styles...

It need work. It needs a lot of work...

At various times in various situations, my character might want to dress for the battlefield, armed with heavy weapons, and sometimes more formally for civil occasions, and bear more ceremonial weapons.

I'd want to be able to flip weapons as often as I flip outfits.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Or put two different weapon slots in each outfit so the one that works with the selected combat style works.

If the outfit tab had a slot for every weapon type that would work but it would still be limited.

Bioware will eventually sell additional combat unlocks in the Cartel Market. At some point players will have the option to unlock all 4 combat classes on every character and when that happens having the weapons on the outfitter may cause expansion issues. If Bioware separates weapon customization from the outfit tab, players will be able to change their weapon or outfit appearance independent of each other (without making multiple copies of the same outfit) and not cause issues with future expansions with combat specs.

We have the Outfitter tab. What if there was a Weapon tab which had 5-10 slots for each weapon type in the game. Players could create weapons they like, drop it on the Weapon tab and save that weapons appearance just like an outfit.

Then players select their loadout, select an outfit tab, then select their weapon appearance and save the loadout. That will link their loadout with one combat class, one outfit and one weapon. Players can then change their weapon and outfit independently without making multiple copies of the same outfit for different combat specs because the weapon is different.

The current system is a workable and maybe as far as the developers can go with the current engine, but it's not a great design and not very intuitive to new players who will wonder why they are making copies of the same outfit for every weapon or why they can't just change their weapon appearance as easily as they can their outfit appearance.

Edited by illgot

If the outfit tab had a slot for every weapon type that would work but it would still be limited.

Bioware will eventually sell additional combat unlocks in the Cartel Market. At some point players will have the option to unlock all 4 combat classes on every character and when that happens having the weapons on the outfitter may cause expansion issues. If Bioware separates weapon customization from the outfit tab, players will be able to change their weapon or outfit appearance independent of each other (without making multiple copies of the same outfit) and not cause issues with future expansions with combat specs.

We have the Outfitter tab. What if there was a Weapon tab which had 5-10 slots for each weapon type in the game. Players could create weapons they like, drop it on the Weapon tab and save that weapons appearance just like an outfit.

Then players select their loadout, select an outfit tab, then select their weapon appearance and save the loadout. That will link their loadout with one combat class, one outfit and one weapon. Players can then change their weapon and outfit independently without making multiple copies of the same outfit for different combat specs because the weapon is different.

The current system is a workable and maybe as far as the developers can go with the current engine, but it's not a great design and not very intuitive to new players who will wonder why they are making copies of the same outfit for every weapon or why they can't just change their weapon appearance as easily as they can their outfit appearance.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever get more than 2 combat styles. Separating both would work but I'd rather not have to pick a new weapon every time I change my outfit. I'd rather them to be saved together.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever get more than 2 combat styles. Separating both would work but I'd rather not have to pick a new weapon every time I change my outfit. I'd rather them to be saved together.

I don't doubt it. I have talked to Chris asking about this and if you watch their live stream their goal is to create new combat styles (in the future). With that they would allow us to pick another combat style on our toons

the outfit and weapon you activate for the loadout and save will show up anytime you activate a loadout as outfits and loadouts currently do.

Give players more options to quickly customize and they will do so along with buying and unlocking more of those weapons and outfits from the Cartel Market.

Edited by illgot

as a Sniper can use a Blaster Rifle in the outfitter even with a Sniper Equipped.

I don't have PTS downloaded, but this is wonderful if this is how it's working. Exactly what I was hoping for since there's a lot of blaster rifles in the game I prefer the look of to the sniper rifles. Please keep it this way.

the outfit and weapon you activate for the loadout and save will show up anytime you activate a loadout as outfits and loadouts currently do.

Give players more options to quickly customize and they will do so along with buying and unlocking more of those weapons and outfits from the Cartel Market.

That's for people who only switch outfits when changing loadouts though.

I personally would like to be able to save each outfit with a specific weapon without having to use loadouts.

. Exactly what I was hoping for since there's a lot of blaster rifles in the game I prefer the look of to the sniper rifles. .

How can a Sniper SNIPE without using an actual functional sniper rifle though?

It's utterly ridiculous.

This entire 'weapons outfitter' is totally immersion-breaking , contradictory to SWTOR's original intent, and a silly waste of coding time imo.

Unless BioWare would like to actually incorporate it into STAR WARS CANON , by making it some type of unlockable quest for only Imperial Agents & Republic Smugglers. (since who else would need/want/able to obfuscate their weapons anyway?!?!?! )

Otherwise, it's just lazy programming and pandering for the sake of 'Cartel Market' re-skins.

Plus we already had a weapons "outfitter" abiltiy in pre-7.0 when we could MOD all weapon shells. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder
why can't u guys be more CREATIVE with your implementation? This is STAR WARS for pete's sake. /sigh

It's utterly ridiculous.

This entire 'weapons outfitter' is totally immersion-breaking , contradictory to SWTOR's original intent, and a silly waste of coding time imo.

Unless BioWare would like to actually incorporate it into STAR WARS CANON , by making it some type of unlockable quest for only Imperial Agents & Republic Smugglers. (since who else would need/want/able to obfuscate their weapons anyway?!?!?! )

Otherwise, it's just lazy programming and pandering for the sake of 'Cartel Market' re-skins.

Plus we already had a weapons "outfitter" abiltiy in pre-7.0 when we could MOD all weapon shells. :(

Rifles and Sniper Rifles are functionally the same weapon when it comes to animations and the outfit designer It's like separating Tech Staves from Dualsabers. For appearances there is no need block people from mixing Rifles or Sniper Rifles.

Edited by illgot

I don't have PTS downloaded, but this is wonderful if this is how it's working. Exactly what I was hoping for since there's a lot of blaster rifles in the game I prefer the look of to the sniper rifles. Please keep it this way.

Honestly, sniper is the only class it makes sense for (functionally speaking.) Shadows/Assassins may equip a single blade, but they lose access to some abilities. Commandos may equip a blaster rifle, but they lose access to some abilities.

Last I checked, snipers don't lose abilities when they equip a blaster rifle. They just lose damage. There are certainly no sniper rifle/blaster rifle animation conflicts.

Fix the issue with default color crystals, and I'll be fairly happy with outfitter as it exists on PTS.

Honestly, sniper is the only class it makes sense for (functionally speaking.) Shadows/Assassins may equip a single blade, but they lose access to some abilities. Commandos may equip a blaster rifle, but they lose access to some abilities.

I think they could, and should, make an effort for commandos.

As far as I can tell there's only one commando ability that doesn't have an animation for the rifle and that's hail of bolts.

There are already several rifle animations in the game that are very similar and could be used instead (suppressing fire, or the defunct carbine burst). It's long overdue.

EDIT: theres also charged bolts, which already shares an (AC) animation with grav round, so just reuse (rifle) grav round, or use the animation for snipe. And there's propulsion round, which just doesn't have any equivalent, it doesn't matter because it's so fast you can't see it.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Personally, I though it was pretty easy to use but I only tried with a lightsaber for a sorc.

However, there is definitely something wrong with crystals. I know there is a known issues post on it but the workaround in that post seems to be incorrect. I had a Pitiless Raider Lightsaber in my inventory. I removed the basic yellow crystal and put in a teal crystal. As soon as I stamped it, it turned to yellow. I tried the same with a Tythonian saber I pulled from my collections. Removed the crystal, put a white one in, stamped it, and it turned yellow.

Lightsabers that didn't come with crystals (Nightfall, Altuur's, Twisted Fang, etc) seem to be working fine. The color issue needs to be addressed before this gets pushed to live.

I can't use the PTS because I don't have enough space on my computer, but I would like to say that if I can't stamp the weapons of both combat styles on each outfit that is a big problem. Most of my characters have more than 10 outfits each. I don't have room to duplicate all of them in order to make one with each weapon. If you can't make this work you need to double the amount of outfit slots. I would prefer you add an extra weapon slot to each outfit though.

The weapons outfitter

https://i.ibb.co/gVR9s2B/tmp1.png

Should not require double use of controls to select and apply an outfit

https://i.ibb.co/sJNZ78T/tmp2.png

When the outfitter window is now so large it covers the majority of the game.

Although you're missing the last two outfits, I totally support the general idea. With all that space there's no reason to make us use a tiny scrollbar.

Question, if anyone has tested this.

Do the old weapons restrictions apply?

For example, lets say i have a really nice off hand blaster, that was off hand only originally, can i use that as a main hand or dual wield in the outfitter?

Or do the old restrictions still apply?

Im hoping they are ignored and it can be used in any slot in the outfitter.

I really don't like that outfit slots effectively only work for one combat style. If I want to use the same outfit with 2 combat styles that don't share the same weapons, like Sorcerer and Assassin, I have to copy the outfit if I want to be able to use weapons in outfitter. This effectively halves the number of outfit slots available to me. Here are a few solutions to this issue:

1. Double the number of possible outfit slots, at least for subscribers. It would also be nice if we could name them.

2. Add a second weapon set for each outfit slot that is active for each combat style. For example, there would be a set of weapons that would be active while Sorcerer is the active combat style and a set of weapons that would be active while Assassin is active.

3. Reintroduce endgame mods for all players at least for weapons.

I would also love if you guys introduced a separate customization slot on weapons that modifies the weapon sound.

I really don't like that outfit slots effectively only work for one combat style. If I want to use the same outfit with 2 combat styles that don't share the same weapons, like Sorcerer and Assassin, I have to copy the outfit if I want to be able to use weapons in outfitter. This effectively halves the number of outfit slots available to me. Here are a few solutions to this issue:

1. Double the number of possible outfit slots, at least for subscribers. It would also be nice if we could name them.

2. Add a second weapon set for each outfit slot that is active for each combat style. For example, there would be a set of weapons that would be active while Sorcerer is the active combat style and a set of weapons that would be active while Assassin is active.

I would also love if you guys introduced a separate customization slot on weapons that modifies the weapon sound.

it will do worse than half the number of outfit slots when we have more than 2 combat styles. Eventually Bioware will sell addition combat style unlocks and having the outfit slot locked to one specific weapons means we will end up having to either copy outfits on multiple tabs just to change weapons or carry the weapons around in our inventory and pay credits every time we want to change the weapons appearance.

I second the 2nd option.

It makes the least waste of storage space and will make weapon outfitter actually a very good and flexible feature instead of just a half-assed downgrade due to no mods in 7.0.

The same way that gunslingers have the exact same range using two pistols, I assume. :rolleyes:

Last I checked, snipers don't lose abilities when they equip a blaster rifle. They just lose damage. There are certainly no sniper rifle/blaster rifle animation conflicts.

Fix the issue with default color crystals, and I'll be fairly happy with outfitter as it exists on PTS.

Right, I wouldn't really expect it in other areas. For snipers though it simply allows more cosmetic options without messing anything else up. A few days ago I had made a similar post on the PTS announcement thread for weapon outfitter about snipers specifically. So I'm happy to see it turned out how I was hoping.

Edited by Xienive