Weapons in Outfitter on the PTS

JackieKo

2. Add a second weapon set for each outfit slot that is active for each combat style. For example, there would be a set of weapons that would be active while Sorcerer is the active combat style and a set of weapons that would be active while Assassin is active.

Again... this.

Mods are nice, but I'd still want to be able to coordinate my weapons and crystals with my outfits with one click, so it's really the best solution IMO.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, if anyone has tested this.

Do the old weapons restrictions apply?

For example, lets say i have a really nice off hand blaster, that was off hand only originally, can i use that as a main hand or dual wield in the outfitter?

Or do the old restrictions still apply?

Im hoping they are ignored and it can be used in any slot in the outfitter.

For anyone curious, i was finally able to test this today.

I was in fact able to use an "offhand" purchased from the vendor as either a mina or off hand in the outfitter and even dual wield it with only one in inventory.

This is what i was hoping for so i hope this stands.

Hi,

I've seen how the designer currently works and I was pretty much expecting it to be like that, I do have some ideas though that would definitely improve it.

First of all, I think that seperating the weapons and outfits within the designer would be great. You could swap between all your outfits and then have the weapon you currently want to use. If you want the same outfit with 2 different weapons, you would be able to swap them easily without having to copy the whole outfit just to put a different weapon in there.

Now when it comes to the different combat styles, you could simply add a "Primary Combat Style / Secondary Combat Style" tab within the weapons tab in the designer. With that you can always edit the weapons you want to have for the different combat styles and there won't be any troubles if you change your combat style while actively using an outfit with a weapon from the designers tab.

Greetings,

Sammy

I will not likely be adding any feedback that you havent already had.

Adding a weapon to the outfit designer worked as I expected it would. it was easy enough; took just a couple clicks once I found the weapon in my bank.

my biggest complaint is how the weapons are addressed when switching combat styles. I strongly prefer the idea that outfits and weapons have their own, individually activated tabs. when playing Mara/Sent I might want the outfit but just swap from gree lightsabers to vibroswords, then maybe cathar honor swords, etc. if the 2 are separate functions I can mix and match the saved appearances as I see fit and both can be saved as part of the loadout.

Bottom line; there needs to be a fix related to swapping combat styles that doesnt cost players any currencys

I will not likely be adding any feedback that you havent already had.

Adding a weapon to the outfit designer worked as I expected it would. it was easy enough; took just a couple clicks once I found the weapon in my bank.

my biggest complaint is how the weapons are addressed when switching combat styles. I strongly prefer the idea that outfits and weapons have their own, individually activated tabs. when playing Mara/Sent I might want the outfit but just swap from gree lightsabers to vibroswords, then maybe cathar honor swords, etc. if the 2 are separate functions I can mix and match the saved appearances as I see fit and both can be saved as part of the loadout.

Bottom line; there needs to be a fix related to swapping combat styles that doesnt cost players any currencys

What you are suggesting is called "inventory"! This is eaxctly what we don't want! Assign one qeapon to one outfit, and don't make us split our 16 outfitd - if you have two different combat styles like sorc and assa - in 2 x 8 outfits!

What you are suggesting is called "inventory"! This is eaxctly what we don't want! Assign one qeapon to one outfit, and don't make us split our 16 outfitd - if you have two different combat styles like sorc and assa - in 2 x 8 outfits!

If they can get this current system to work with crystals it will be the minimum of what people want.

In the next couple of years when they start introducing new combat styles and introducing combat spec expansions to have 3-4 combat specs, hopefully they can update the weapon outfitter to be separate from the outfitter so players can freely swap saved weapon "outfits" to different outfit tabs.

If they can get this current system to work with crystals it will be the minimum of what people want.

In the next couple of years when they start introducing new combat styles and introducing combat spec expansions to have 3-4 combat specs, hopefully they can update the weapon outfitter to be separate from the outfitter so players can freely swap saved weapon "outfits" to different outfit tabs.

I don't know why people are convinced that we'll get to have 3-4 combat styles. I personally hope not. Or every toon will be the same.

And nope, I don't want weapons separate from outfits. I want my weapons saved IN my outfits so I can coordinate without having to click on three different things, and I don't want to have to switch outfits when switching combat styles.

Hey there, long time spectator first time writer.

I haven’t downloaded the PTS but I’ve seen videos and comments of most experiences with the weapons in outfitter so far. Obviously it sucks that the devs haven’t been properly strategizing how this highly requested feature is to be implemented and leave it to the consumers to do the strategy work for them… but I digress.

I have ADHD so forgive me if anything I say sounds ignorant in any way. I mostly skimmed through the thread and for the most part believe I understand the frustration. One of my best (and worst) ADHD traits is that I hyper focus on how I feel things, like weapons in the outfitter, should be done. We all want it to be as simple as possible so we can enjoy what our beloved swtor devs intend on delivering to us. That being said, I hope the feedback that I’m about to give (be it that it may, from an ADHD spectator point of view) can sum up, and maybe add some straight forward points on what devoted SWTOR fans like myself want in this feature.

First, obviously we want to be able to set our cosmetic weapons to particular outfits. After all that is the main point.

But most of all we want our outfits to match our combat styles weapon. And even if we want a particular outfit to go with a combat style that’s completely opposite from the other (ex. Jedi Sentinel/Sith Assassin), the outfits should remain interchangeable while the weapons switch from one to the other upon switching combat styles. I’m noticing people complaining that when they switch combat styles, the weapon in the outfitter either doesn’t change or it just disappears.

DEVS: I’m sure I’m not the only one suggesting this, and I by no means claim to be a developer myself… but at least make the transition between combat styles be identical to that of how it presents on the gearing menu. It seems simple enough to me and others, but I’m no expert.

Now a segway into something I haven’t heard anybody suggest yet, but I think it would make everybody happy, and that is…. HOLSTERING WEAPONS OF THE OPPOSITE COMBAT STYLE!

How could this be done you ask?…

Obviously in our outfitter slots, we would have one slot per weapon depending on our combat style.

BUT… what if there were one ore two extra slots for holstered weapons as a cosmetic option.

Let me explain… say you’re primary combat style is a Gunslinger, but your secondary is a sniper. Many would like to make it known that they specialize in both combat styles, right?

So why not have your sniper rifle holstered on your back while you’re playing your gunslinger combat style and vice versa? Why not have your offhand lightsaber holstered on your belt while you’re playing a single wielding force user combat style?

Also, a holstered weapon shouldn’t have to be limited to force using or tech combat styles. Why not be a Jedi Guardian with a blaster rifle holstered on his/her back just as a cosmetic option? And even put a hiding option for holstered weapons like there is for headpieces. That way the possibilities are endless not only for switching combat styles and having weapons catered to your preferred outfits, but it can give your character more… well, character! More room for lore and storytelling with your character as well.

There is a lot more detailed and insightful feedback about the weapons in outfitter than my own, but I figured a straight forward and general suggestion column might cleanse the pallet for the devs in terms of smoothing out the details into that final product that we so desire.

Anyways… those are just my thoughts. I’m obsessed with this game and just want to see it get to the best possible level it can get to in satisfying loyal SWTOR players. And anyone going through the ringer on the PTS to mine more contextual data on what could be improved, i solute you and appreciate you, as well as any SWTOR devs who genuinely care enough to read these long winded suggestions and ideas and put them into action.

Edited by Criis_Shadowstar

First of all, I think that seperating the weapons and outfits within the designer would be great. You could swap between all your outfits and then have the weapon you currently want to use. If you want the same outfit with 2 different weapons, you would be able to swap them easily without having to copy the whole outfit just to put a different weapon in there.

Now when it comes to the different combat styles, you could simply add a "Primary Combat Style / Secondary Combat Style" tab within the weapons tab in the designer. With that you can always edit the weapons you want to have for the different combat styles and there won't be any troubles if you change your combat style while actively using an outfit

I think this would be the best solution.

As it stands Weapons in Outfitter is in a terrible state. While I can't claim to have the solution to everything on this issue, I... as an end user, have an idea on how it is expected to look and work.

I present to you, my concept on how Weapons in Outfitter should ideally work.

First and foremost, treat weapons like you do outfits in Outfitter.... don't have them inherited into the outfit by whatever you have equipped already. That clashes with the way the outfits currently work for clothing. It confuses users and is counterintuitive. Look how I've arranged things in my photoshop attempt.

Let me explain what you're looking at.

What you see is outfit slot 1 for my character. There are no weapons selected as stamped right now.

Going from left to right at the top weapon row: Dualsaber, Blaster Rifle, Sniper Rifle.

Now the middle row from left to right: Lightsaber, Blaster, Assault Cannon.

Now the bottom row from left to right: Lightsaber (Offhand), Blaster (Offhand).

You UI designers at Bioware would create different weapon placeholder graphics for each type of weapon now instead of reusing the same ones for ranged and melee.

"Why are there so many weapons slots?"

It's simple, there's a slot for each weapon type. You can ideally fill all these at once.

Most of them will never be used by your character but they can be filled anyway.

The idea is that the weapons (their appearances) in your outfit that you stamped will be auto-selected based on what your current combat style is.

If I currently use outfit slot 1 while as a Sorcerer, my Volatile Conqueror's Lightsaber appearance will be selected and used while in my Sorcerer combat style.

If I switch to my secondary combat style which is Assassin, it'll then select my Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for my current weapon appearance. This will allow you to use your outfit slots for any combination of combat styles without having to waste slots on duplicated appearances per combat style.

"What about my offhands like my Focus or my knife or my..."

The answer is simple: They don't matter to outfits.

They have no visual impact; they don't need slots.

Please, Bioware, do not release Weapons in Outfitter in the state you have it in now. It is a mistake that can be corrected if you make these changes now.

As it stands Weapons in Outfitter is in a terrible state. While I can't claim to have the solution to everything on this issue, I... as an end user, have an idea on how it is expected to look and work.

First and foremost, treat weapons like you do outfits in Outfitter.... don't have them inherited into the outfit by whatever you have equipped already. That clashes with the way the outfits currently work for clothing. It confuses users and is counterintuitive. Look how I've arranged things in my photoshop attempt.

What you see is outfit slot 1 for my character. There are no weapons selected as stamped right now.

Going from left to right at the top weapon row: Dualsaber, Blaster Rifle, Sniper Rifle.

You UI designers at Bioware would create different weapon placeholder graphics for each type of weapon now instead of reusing the same ones for ranged and melee.

It's simple, there's a slot for each weapon type. You can ideally fill all these at once.

Most of them will never be used by your character but they can be filled anyway.

The idea is that the weapons (their appearances) in your outfit that you stamped will be auto-selected based on what your current combat style is.

If I currently use outfit slot 1 while as a Sorcerer, my Volatile Conqueror's Lightsaber appearance will be selected and used while in my Sorcerer combat style.

If I switch to my secondary combat style which is Assassin, it'll then select my Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for my current weapon appearance. This will allow you to use your outfit slots for any combination of combat styles without having to waste slots on duplicated appearances per combat style.

Please, Bioware, do not release Weapons in Outfitter in the state you have it in now. It is a mistake that can be corrected if you make these changes now.

Yep something like this would work.

The current state is a huge disappointment.

This is perfect and what should be done.

Great idea, but there are some special cases that need to be worked out.

What about characters that ca equip different weapon-types?

E.g. a sniper can equip a Baster Rifle or a Sniper Rifle.

How would you determine wich on to show from the outfit?

Would you base it on the actually equipped weapon? That seems contrary to your intention (no inheriting actual equipment) and I may not be what I want. I might equipe a blaster rifle because I found on with better stats, but may still want the Outfit to show a sniper rifle.

Also, I still think that weapon-outfit should be separated from Armor/Clothing-Outfit so we can mix and match them, instead of having to make countless variations of Armors and Weapon combinations. (eg 12 Armors, that I may all want to use with 3 different Lightsabers would result in 36 combined Outfits )

A very simple solution for the problem presented when switching classes causing a clash with the weapon in your current outfit, is to not put the weapon appearance in the outfit itself. Why not just add a slot to all weapons, similar to a tuning, where you can stamp an appearance to that weapon? So the weapon itself would have a spot for a color crystal, a tuning, an augment, and an appearance override. Seems like this would work much better than putting the weapon inside the outfit.

A very simple solution for the problem presented when switching classes causing a clash with the weapon in your current outfit, is to not put the weapon appearance in the outfit itself. Why not just add a slot to all weapons, similar to a tuning, where you can stamp an appearance to that weapon? So the weapon itself would have a spot for a color crystal, a tuning, an augment, and an appearance override. Seems like this would work much better than putting the weapon inside the outfit.

It means we would have to change it every time we want to switch the weapon appearance. Terrible idea.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

A new PTS patch was deployed. Please review the changelog so you are aware of changes that have been implemented.

Please note the following:

• Issues with companions feeling weaker, such as them missing certain attacks, have been addressed.
  • More adjustments have been made to level sync. Let us know how these adjustments compare to on live servers, and before 7.0.1. It's also very helpful for us to know what area you're in, your current level, and item rating.

Thank you!

Companions still feel a lot weaker than they used to. Tanks aren't missing their big AOE anymore, so I imagine stuff like that is what you fixed, but companions don't feel much stronger past those attacks no longer missing. They're still far weaker than they used to be. That's been the complaint since the expansion went live, is this really the only change you have to show for listening to that feedback for over a month?

As for scaling, I checked 2 characters on level 60 planets (Yavin IV and Ziost) and I'm not seeing much of a difference other than the PTS not showing the weapon damage numbers on my Sentinel at all. Here's a screenshot (Sentinel is on the left, my Operative is on the right, that weapon shows up fine). I think the weapon damage thing is just visual, it doesn't seem to have made a difference in the time it took me to kill an enemy, but. I don't know that for certain.

I don't feel like testing more planets for you. Nothing changed on these two planets. Not a single thing. If you're only changing certain planets, at least have the decency to tell us what planets you changed.

EDIT: On a hunch, I changed my blaster rifle on my operative to be in Ouftitter, she was a fresh transfer so I hadn't tested weapons in outfitter on her, and that seems to be what's breaking weapon damage in the character sheet. Also heavily implies it's a visual thing (I did still have weapons equipped to my gear slots as well, to be clear, but it still shows them having zero damage).

Also, if it's relevant: Both characters level 80, areas are listed on the screenshot. Sentinel is in 306 gear with 2 328 Legendary implants, all gear augmented with 274 blue augments, with a level 70 Accuracy/Crit stim. Operative is in 306 gear with 1 326 Legendary implant (other implant is 306), no augments, with a level 70 Accuracy/Crit stim.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Hi everyone,

A new PTS patch was deployed. Please review the changelog so you are aware of changes that have been implemented.

• Issues with companions feeling weaker, such as them missing certain attacks, have been addressed.
  • More adjustments have been made to level sync. Let us know how these adjustments compare to on live servers, and before 7.0.1. It's also very helpful for us to know what area you're in, your current level, and item rating.

Thank you!

Hi, Jackie.

Augments still don't increase my stats in PvP, nor do crystals.

This is my would-be stats in PvP on PTS

(326 full PvP gear, plus all 300 Item level critical augments 77, with crit crystals)

This is my fleet stats or non bolstered area stats.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Some feedback for you Jackie.

So... In todays latest PTS build. Level sync feels a lot better. In places where I just got nuked in seconds by NPCs such as belsavis weeklys/dailys. Now I actually can survive with some finesse. With that said I still think the presence cap on companions should be REMOVED.

If you dont remove it its literally pointless to get our companions to 50 for more of the solo player. At 80 without the cap a lvl 50 companion is great. But with the presence cap in level sync areas there is next to no difference between a level 10 and a 50 companion. Makes people feel like they wasted their time getting them to 50.

Will removing the cap a lvl 50 companion feel OP if they do it? Yes. But it SHOULD! If you spent all the time and effort to get them to 50 they should feel a bit OP. As I said above, with the current system there is no incentive what to ever to get a companion to 50 for more of a solo player. There is very little difference atm between a level 10 and 50 companion in level synced content due to the cap

Edited by Zergnaut

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Just back out all the changes you made to presence and tertiary stats. The no-lifers who "want things harder" can make their own difficulty instead of hamstringing the rest of us

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

so, I tested the weapon outfitter once more - though the changelog didn't say anything about IF you changed stuff there too... anyhow: the crystal-problem seems to be gone though - my volatile conqueror saber now correctly shows the stamped color instead of the yellow default crystal.

But everything else is still the same not-very-QoL-friendly mess:

• no ctrl+RM option the change crystal/tuning in the outfit like with the chestpiece & dyes, instead you have to change that in the inventory and stamp it again for credits
  • you still need to create a new outfit even if you just want to change the weapon
  • no preview in Loadouts: when you click through them, your character doesn't change the outfit, so you either have to write down which outfit goes with which loadout or memorize it... right now you have to actuallly activate it to see what your character looks like

regarding level sync/scaling:

I tested this with the Nar Shaddaa heroic 'Lab Animals' - where on Live I was killed the other day being a lvl 80 Vanguard and having Aric as lvl 50 with me - on PTS with my lvl 80 Shadow and lvl 50 Z0-0M I stayed alive... BUT on PTS I was in 330, on live with that Vanguard I was 323ish - which still shouldn't matter, it's Nar Shaddaa fcs, it should be easy!

and tertiary stats are still all butchered (Fleet vs. Nar Shaddaa):

Presence: 4,105 vs 3.205

Accuracy: 110.2% vs 115.8%

critical: 30.8% vs 26.0%

alacrity: 8.9% vs 3.25%

so, what the royal frack, if I put in the time and credits to get my char to 110% accuracy and >7% alacrity then that should be my stats NO MATTER WHERE I AM...

It means we would have to change it every time we want to switch the weapon appearance. Terrible idea.

So what? You'll have to change it in your outfit every time you want to change the appearance... what the hell difference is it if you change it in the outfit, or in the weapon itself? Trying to have a diff weapon for every outfit mixed with different specs is a coding and UI nightmare. At least my idea would work.

The point of the weapons outfitter should be that I don't have to resort to my inventory. I have 32 weapons in my inventory, all fully modded, augmented, with crystals and tuning. I want to get rid of them from my inventory, Make weapon outfitter in a way that you can stamp 2 weapons per out fit if you have two different comnat styles with different weapons, e.g. sorc and assa.