7.0 Follow Up

KeithKanneg

Sorry that does not do it, we don't care about aligning calenders and galactic seasons we want to play content when WE want to play it not when you allow us to, why should I not be able to pick up the Dromund Kaas weekly while we happened to be there for our story, why should we need to be allowed to run hammer station, athiss or mandalorian raiders in the order and timing that they were originally intended.

Is galactic seasons really important to people to justify this change in idea?

I agree and that what Bioware developer's always forget. sure they make the game but they have to keep the consumer happy as well or they fail. You can't add something to a game and then years later take it away without angering a huge chunk of your player base. I call this the Jeff Freeman effect for obvious reasons. Keith is headed down that same road sadly. For those of you who don't know Jeff Freeman was the lead developer of Star Wars Galaxies and the brain behind the New Game Enhancements to the game which Legacies of the Darkside is giving me flashbacks to. Anyways he got so much hatred and pushback over destroying a game people loved. Due to the failures as a developer and issues in his personal life Freeman committed suicide at 52. I am not saying this is the way it will go with Keith but these setbacks can be stressful and have repercussions in the long run .In the end this expansion equals to one step forward then two steps back. The items and system's removed or altered were put in this game for a reason so the players have the right to be outraged.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called "damage control". And the call for a damage control comes from someone higher in the chain of command. Mr. Kanneg was tasked to write this post. It wasn't his own choice.

And yes, it's a very clear sign that their metrics look very bad. I mean, we all know and witness it ourselves in game, but we also know that BW is only going by their theoretical statistics. They hit a red line.

Correct and those higher up are the CEO of EA and the board of Investors. I posted this would be coming day one of the expansion. When people unsubscribe and stop buying product due to an idiotic decision they tend to take notice. I have been playing Bioware games since they launched in 97. I have Alpha and Beta tested many of their games of the years including SWTOR . What they have to remember is they are just a cog in the machine and if the Investors are not happy EA will fire and replace people to keep the community happy. Just ask the developers who are no longer here from the failed launch.

You forgot the Thrysian gear boxes. 1 in 3 boxes doesn’t contain loot every single day. I’ve hit report and recieved so many “there’s nothing we can do about it” messages I’ve lost count.

One of your gearijg avenues is barely usable because of the fact that the gear vanishes from a reward box so often. Multiple people in my guild are experiencing this issue. Why isn’t this fix included in the gear box patch when it’s been reported ad naseum?!

There are some really nice changes to the Game with 7.0. I really like the combat styles and also the configurations.

I cried a lot about the new skill system when it went online on the pts but at the end of the day it's not that bad.

That you can share enemies and not have to group up is almost the best feature for me. I like the new ui, the color choices wasn't the best, but the changes made to it on the pts are acceptable for me. The new char designer feels modern.

Despite all the hate and "i unsup because the game is **** now" i wanted to point out some positive things. Also the difficulty level in hardmode ops is really nice. Finally new players have to learn some mechanics in order to finish some bosses.

I have to agree, that the transition to 7.0 was not the best. Especially the incomplete gearing system makes it feel, like you wasting time, till 7.1 comes out with moddable gear. Also i don't understand why they can't deactivate Malgus abilities in the new FP. Sadly there are so many things missing. The new daily area, new reputation vendor etc..

Overall the update brings some really nice features to the game, but there are still so many bugs und things missing.

Also the difficulty level in hardmode ops is really nice. Finally new players have to learn some mechanics in order to finish some bosses.

I don't think anybody is complaining about hardmode content difficulty. People are rightfully complaining about open world content difficulty.

I don't think anybody is complaining about hardmode content difficulty. People are rightfully complaining about open world content difficulty.

to which open world content are you referring to? I had no problems doing dailies, h2 missions and some story conent.

For vet and master fp's i have to agree.

edit: most of the times the random groups are just terrible. lvl 80, 306 gear in master mode, most of the time no skill. Enrage on the first boss, not enough heal and damage.. And they except to complete umbara. Vet Fp's with 4dds and copero or some other hard flashpoint is just a pain in the ***. They should lock some fps to be only entered with 324+ in master mode and fix scaling in vet fp's

Edited by HefePilz

to which open world content are you referring to? I had no problems doing dailies and h2 missions and some story conent.

For vet and master fp's i have to agree.

I have no problems like not being able to complete them or dying in them. I meant they are a joyless slog with the new scaling.

BioWare and Keith can’t even apologise to players who can’t play because of the headache inducing UI changes or the Ryzen bug. They haven’t even offered these players a refund or extra sub time to compensate. They offer nothing, not even remorse or empathy.

They do offer compensation to ppls with the Ryzen issue. Nothing for the rest of us with incompatibility with the UI. Which is understandable, it could potentially open the door to a lot of exploitative behaviours, but nonetheless .. it sucks to be us rn.

We can probably return to playing the game after March 22 (-ish). But the chore factor is off the roofs, while the entertainment factor is barely there anymore, and I'm not sure I personally will ever love it as I did pre 7.0.

Please, please, please, BW, do something about the fun, would ya?

I have no problems like not being able to complete them or dying in them. I meant they are a joyless slog with the new scaling.

Have you considered that you are perhaps undergeared and/or not using the best skill tree choices for the content? I'm running around open world with no companion in 327 ilevel -- basically just as easy as pre-7.0.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Here's the problem with this: players are just going to spam whatever one thing is most effective, and you guys can't change that by limiting the content that's available. GSF is far and away the most efficient way to gear right now, and so that's what everyone is doing.

The trouble with this is, they aren't really trying to play, because you get the weekly whether you win or not, so they just AFK twelve games per toon to get easy rewards. I am not asking you to nerf the rewards, to be clear. I mention it as an example of how this philosophy doesn't accomplish anything; it has only reduced match quality while increasing their quantity. I don't think anyone on the dev team considered how that might impact gameplay for that game mode

I’m sure during PTS that players in GSF would be required to get a minimum number of medals to get any rewards including being counted in a win or lose match toward the daily/weekly. This hasn’t happened in live. I think having people get a minimum number of medals for the match to count rather than only counting wins is a far better option as it forces them to participate. Counting just wins will still allow people to afk participate hoping the rest carry them (as happens in unranked PvP).

Have you considered that you are perhaps undergeared and/or not using the best skill tree choices for the content? I'm running around open world with no companion in 327 ilevel -- basically just as easy as pre-7.0.

I'm using 326 gear. Which is meaningless as with the new scaling all my stats are capped, there is no difference in performance between 306s and 326s.

Have you tried Belsavis heroics for this week's weekly? Everything was dying so slowly I decided it'll be faster to just run Ziost and CZ dailies even without the bonus for weekly - about the same amount of ARMs, more fun, less wasted time.

What are you talking about? Stats are capped in open world. Your 327 means nothing on the various planets. And it remains a fact that fights are a slog now. I just did some Taris heroics. It took me exactly three times as much as during 6.0. That's not fun. It just makes me NOT play Taris heroics again.

Due to the failures as a developer and issues in his personal life Freeman committed suicide at 52.

Dang. I didn't know that. Never played SWG, never heard of this person before. RIP. I hope I speak for everyone when I say that none of the playerbase wishes such a thing to anyone in the game industry, no matter how disapproving of someone's doings one may be. May Mr. Kanneg spend many more happy years with this father, his kids and his grandkids!

Edited by JattaGin

I'm using 326 gear. Which is meaningless as with the new scaling all my stats are capped, there is no difference in performance between 306s and 326s.

Have you tried Belsavis heroics for this week's weekly? Everything was dying so slowly I decided it'll be faster to just run Ziost and CZ dailies even without the bonus for weekly - about the same amount of ARMs, more fun, less wasted time.

The thing is these mission were supposed for 2 people. Now you are not overpowered anymore and everything feels a little bit more difficult and takes more time if you do it alone. Team Up for harder h2 missions or just run dailies/solo content

Edited by HefePilz

The thing is these mission were supposed for 2 people. Now you are not overpowered anymore and everything feels a little bit more difficult und takes more time if you do it alone. Team Up for harder h2 missions or just run dailies/solo content

Yes, and there was a reason why they changed those missions to solo! The situation hasn't changed. But they changed it back nonetheless.

Dang. I didn't know that. Never played SWG, never heard of this person before. RIP. I hope I speak for everyone when I say that none of the playerbase wishes such a thing to anyone in the game industry, no matter how disapproving of someone's doings one may be. May Mr. Kanneg spend many more happy years with this father, his kids and his grandkids!

He was actually 39 and his family made it clear his suicide had nothing to do with SWG.

Yes, and there was a reason why they changed those missions to solo! The situation hasn't changed. But they changed it back nonetheless.

I think it's not a bad thing. It encourages the player to socialize more and there is always a guild member who would join me. Due to the limited amount of weeklies, there are more players in that specific areas who can potentially join you.

Edited by HefePilz

The thing is these mission were supposed for 2 people. Now you are not overpowered anymore and everything feels a little bit more difficult und takes more time if you do it alone. Team Up for harder h2 missions or just run dailies/solo content

I'll rather skip those overtuned missions. I hope BW collects some data and I want that data to show that I still want to play the game my way and I don't approve the changes. I already have 326s so those currencies became less useful for me anyway.

I think it's not a bad thing. It encourages the player to socialize more and there is always a guild member who would join me. Due to the limited amount of weeklies, there are more players in that specific areas who can potentially join you.

And I think it's a very bad thing. Rushing through heroics with a group does not fit my definition of socializing.

And the devs are not my bosses, nor my parents nor my teachers. So I would really approve if they let me do my thing my way.

Edited by juliushorst

I'll rather skip those overtuned missions. I hope BW collects some data and I want that data to show that I still want to play the game my way and I don't approve the changes. I already have 326s so those currencies became less useful for me anyway.

And I think it's a very bad thing. Rushing through heroics with a group does not fit my definition of socializing.

And the devs are not my bosses, nor my parents nor my teachers. So I would really approve if they let me do my thing my way.

It's still an mmorpg and a huge part of it is socializing and playing together. If they follow your logic, then why you need 8 players to play an operation? Just change the system, so that you can do it alone. I dont want to be forced to play ops with 8 players...

Hello SWTOR Community,

I wanted to offer some insight about what's been happening since the release of our expansion on February 15th. First of all, thanks to all the players who have shown Legacy of the Sith and our new cinematic trailer a lot of love. Many teams came together and worked very hard to make both possible. A small handful of us were able to spend launch week in an in-person ops room. Watching players react to the trailer and then start pouring into the servers will remain a fun memory for me.

Secondly, we know that 7.0 was not a smooth transition for some players, so we have been very busy since launch day resolving issues, minimizing any downtime, while fixing key issues without requiring a game patch. For example, during our first 72 hours, we identified critical bugs such as the issues with keybinding resets, empty gear boxes, and combat styles on characters not displaying properly and we corrected them all.

Since those initial fixes went out, the team has been reading reports and feedback coming in and making additional adjustments; at this point, further changes will require a full patch. In this upcoming patch, which we are labeling as 7.0.1, you can expect the below changes and much more to be included. Here are some of the most reported bugs we will be fixing in 7.0.1:

• Adjusted contrast in inventory screen
  • Rakata Med-Tech’s weapons and offhands can now be upgraded at the Operations Gear Upgrade vendor, as intended
  • Rakata Force-Lord’s weapons can now be upgraded, as intended
  • The Category Filter in the Ability window is now showing all the categories. The Vehicles category now appears when the list is opened
  • The following now contain loot: Tionese Requisition Cache, Noble Decurion Chest, World Boss Equipment Crate
  • The Decurion Gear Containers and Decurion Gear caches now contain gear for all combat styles/disciplines
  • Unifying colors on individual armor pieces is now correctly saved when leaving the outfitter window
  • Galactic Seasons Reward Level 67 for Subscribers now correctly grants the “Sliced Cybernetic Visual Enhancement Implants” Legendary Companion gift for Fen Zeil, as intended
  • Fixed an issue preventing players with Ryzen HS processors from viewing the list of available servers
  • Companions and invited NPCs no longer despawn during the Graul boss fight in Secrets of the Enclave
  • Veteran Mode Flashpoints in Group Finder can now be queued by all players at level 15+. Story Mode Operations in Group Finder can now only be queued by players level 80, as intended

Players can currently preview many of these changes on our Public Test Server (PTS) that was opened earlier this week. We are also working on putting together some preliminary PTS Patch Notes together, so everyone playing on PTS will have an understanding of what bugs are fixed. Jackie will post them in these forums once they are available.

We know that progress for some players is being halted in the Elom Flashpoint when fighting Malgus. Since the initial report that has come in, the team has been looking into the bug to understand why players are experiencing it. Here’s a little glimpse under the hood to give you some insight into why a potential fix is being tested on the PTS.

We have experienced this bug when playing on our live characters, however, this bug does not present itself on our development servers. Reproducing a bug on development servers is step one in resolving any issue as it allows us to dig deeper into the source of the problems.

The biggest offender of this issue is when Malgus is pulling or pushing the player. This creates one of two possibilities: something in the game is causing the player to take a substantial, unintended spike of damage which kills them, or the movement of their character is causing them to hit something we call a “death volume”. This is a space built into all environments that if a player enters, kills them instantly. In this case, this area is used as a mechanism to ensure players don’t ever get stuck in the environment. We have done explorations of the death volumes, combat triggers, the ballistics on Malgus’s attacks, and none of these appears to be the culprit. The bug remains so our hunt for a fix continues. As this issue only wants to rear its ugly head on live servers, we have made a couple of tweaks, most notably to death volumes, which you can help us test right now on PTS!

As of this post, this patch will include at least 200+ fixes of varying degrees. The player facing fixes will be reflected in the patch notes. Because we are implementing all of these fixes in one push, we want to ensure the necessary time is allocated to test them all to quality. We are currently targeting March 22 for 7.0.1, but we will update you all with a confirmed date as we get closer.

7.0 is a foundational update to the game. The fundamental refactoring of all abilities and Advanced Classes into Combat Styles, the addition of the long-requested Loadouts feature, and the beginnings of new UI/UX and Itemization constitute the most significant systemic changes made to SWTOR since launch. These are only the first steps toward the ambitious and inspiring vision we have for SWTOR's future. We are excited to continue bringing this vision to life in the ongoing updates and additions coming to the game this year and beyond. More story will be coming including new locations to explore, a PvP revamp, and more visual and modernization improvements are also underway. It was always intended that 7.0 would receive multiple updates in 2022 and beyond to celebrate ten years of SWTOR.

Not only does the launch of Legacy of the Sith begin the journey into updating the game, but this update also opens the doors to new players who have never experienced SWTOR before. 7.0 is meant to invite new players to the game while also bringing new experiences to returning and veteran players.

SWTOR is a ten year old game that is very dear to all of us, and we look forward to continuing the journey of a series of updates to make the game the best it can be.

- Keith

So you're not working on the bolstering system? You guys do know that 326 pvp gear gives less stats than 306 gear due to bolstering? Please answer me this as pvp is literally the only thing i do in this game, and after seeing that my grind was meaningless, i'm finding it very hard to keep playing this game.

I agree about wanting to have it already fixed, but I also know we haven't stopped trying to replicate it so we can get it resolved. We have tons of data, but if there's any additional clues you can send us, or possibly a video of your particular encounter, that will help. I am truly sorry it's taking so long to get this and many other changes released. Thank you for your and everyone's help on our Public Test Server.

I noticed in the flashpoint that its not just the Malgus fight where you can die instantly. If I knockback the trash mobs they die instantly as well as when the trash mobs hit my character with a knockback I instantly die in the encounter. I also noticed it does not happen everytime. I have finished the story on 5 characters as well as finished the FP on Master Mode once and there have been one or two of those runs where there were no issues and knockbacks/pulls worked without a problem. Can it be an issue only in certain instances??

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

We rotate content

farming one particular piece of content

This is something that you will never eliminate. Even now people already do whats easiest like they do gsf weeklies, get full 326 pvp gear and then go to ops and open boxes. Also we have farms of 1st NiM bosses again....

The main problem is NOT ENOUGH CONTENT, which makes us play the same 10-year old things for newest gear! That is what almost everyone complains about.....

It's still an mmorpg and a huge part of it is socializing and playing together. If they follow your logic, then why you need 8 players to play an operation? Just change the system, so that you can do it alone. I dont want to be forced to play ops with 8 players...

Most of the operations, especially the harder ones, are done by guilds that have worked together for a long time and therefore that is different. I do not mind grouping but I am selective and there is nothing that will change that. I have been here long enough to know there are some individuals I do not want to group with and that is my choice and furthermore half these people are in a hurry and as I stated before, some of us have things we have to stop and come back to and those individuals are too impatient and not willing to wait.

My friends and my guild know that I may have to go afk at a minute notice due to the fact I am taking care of an invalid mom that may need something and they are understanding about that, but other people, not so much and I will not deal their attitude because of that.