Um, do people ever die in pvp?

genesiser

I did 3 different warzones tonight after coming back from the game after a long break. I'm lvl 75 doing these and I'm noticing that people don't really die anymore. Looking at the scoreboard afterwards I had done 3.4 mil dmg and didn't get any kills. In the entire game where fighting was constantly going on there were only 8 deaths throughout the entire game, both teams combined.

I mean it's cool to see hits sometimes hitting in the 30k range, but then everyone has around 380k health and it just takes sooooooo long for someone to die. Kind of makes pvp feel kind of boring. I know I only did 3 games, but jeez, 3 out of 3 games barely anyone died during it.

That tends to happen. One team dominates gets 50 kills while the other gets 0. I wouldn't really blame it on class design as much as the poor matchmaking system. Also, swtor's small pvp playerbase means that, if a premade with a good healer/tank is queueing up, you'll have a pretty good chance of running into them. Edited by amazingpie

Yeah, healing is pretty unbalanced in this game. Like, good healers should be able to keep three or four people up, tops. One healer should not be able to allow seven people to face tank damage without even touching their DCDs.

Yeah, healing is pretty unbalanced in this game. Like, good healers should be able to keep three or four people up, tops. One healer should not be able to allow seven people to face tank damage without even touching their DCDs.

One good healer can't even keep one person up who cycles their dcds correctly under real focus with the current balancing, only delay their death. I suspect there are two problems: one, teams were hitting random targets rather than focusing anyone, and two, most people in regs barely know their rotation and/or do it in slow motion. Both of these problems you can solve yourself by using Acquire Target's Target to attack the same player as teammate, and ensuring you know and practice your own rotation.

Edited by cflems

ive noticed this to. It seems like everyone is in tank gear and it doesnt hurt their dps much but they live forever. Tanks somehow self sustain against 3+ people with their own medspacks etc its boring and also i dont remember it being this stupid back in 2012

ive noticed this to. It seems like everyone is in tank gear and it doesnt hurt their dps much but they live forever. Tanks somehow self sustain against 3+ people with their own medspacks etc its boring and also i dont remember it being this stupid back in 2012

Stalemates were pretty common back then as well as healing has always been over tuned in this game which is only exasperated by the guard mechanic.

The most experienced players know when to cut their losses and run. I can finish top DPS as a powertech and have zero deaths because regs is chaotic, the maps are big, the focus fire is bad, and I know exactly how to use the map + my defensives to retreat.

There are also misconceptions and attitudes that contribute to not being able to kill anyone. Just because you see innervate being cast, doesn't mean you should mindlessly wail on that sorcerer who may be impossible to kill for 1 player. If you're in Hyper Gates, don't mark and focus the best players. Mark and focus that really green assassin who barely knows how to move. Kill him 15 times and farm points for your team.

Keep playing WZs and you'll eventually gain this kind of awareness. You need to know how to manage your time in a match and how to identify players that will never be killed by any other single player.