So females with beards now?

Ohnoozer

What crosses the line for me is:

1. If this is a deliberate attempt at inclusivity and diversity, then why would on earth make the beards part of skin selections and not just a separate tab? That's just so sloppy. On top of that, just slapping a beard on a female toon is a really sorry and cheap way to virtue signal. If they wanted to add non-binary or trans customisations, fine. But at least put minimal effort into it.

2. I still can't have more than a pitiful selection of hairstyles for my Zabraks and none of the skin colours I want for my Twi´leks. I can't even have the brand new hairs for my Zabraks. Maybe prioritise cool alien customisations before bearded women in a sci-fi game?

1. If this is a deliberate attempt at inclusivity and diversity, then why would on earth make the beards part of skin selections and not just a separate tab? That's just so sloppy. On top of that, just slapping a beard on a female toon is a really sorry and cheap way to virtue signal. If they wanted to add non-binary or trans customisations, fine. But at least put minimal effort into it.

2. I still can't have more than a pitiful selection of hairstyles for my Zabraks and none of the skin colours I want for my Twi´leks. I can't even have the brand new hairs for my Zabraks. Maybe prioritise cool alien customisations before bearded women in a sci-fi game?

I'd say its probably a bug with the new UI and the added complexions and they just didn't code the complexion list correctly.

I'd say its probably a bug with the new UI and the added complexions and they just didn't code the complexion list correctly.

Most likely yes. The beard complexion works great with the new hairstyles because without those complexions it pretty much looks like your character develops some alopecia aka is getting bold. So it works great if you want to become a Quinlan Voss clone as a male character. For a a female character without a beard complexion the new hairstyles are flawed.

I really wanted some nice dreads or bantu knots for my female characters but I get to choose between what perfect matches the hair but becoming a bearded lady or having balding issues without the complexion.

Edited by Kirameki

Two fair points.

I haven't bothered to look, however are cosmetics available for all genders now? I'm not joking; this should be an option if facial hair is now available for traditionally female character appearances. In the interest of balance.

It's a bug.

Otherwise they'd allow you to actually pick beards instead of just stubble based on complexion.

So.

Bug...

No matter how much some people here want to turn it into a political thing.

It even sillier than that. How many times have you looked closely at another player to even NOTICE stubble? (Thats assuming they aren't wearing a head covering helmet).

That being said I think its a bug, too. Whether or not they fix it is not a priority to me. Its simply not that big of a deal.

Most likely yes. The beard complexion works great with the new hairstyles because without those complexions it pretty much looks like your character develops some alopecia aka is getting bold. So it works great if you want to become a Quinlan Voss clone as a male character. For a a female character without a beard complexion the new hairstyles are flawed.

I really wanted some nice dreads or bantu knots for my female characters but I get to choose between what perfect matches the hair but becoming a bearded lady or having balding issues without the complexion.

This is actually a very good point. The complexions look good with the new hairstyles and there should be a beardless version of the new complexions.

It's a bug.

Otherwise they'd allow you to actually pick beards instead of just stubble based on complexion.

So.

Bug...

No matter how much some people here want to turn it into a political thing.

That'd be a relief, but they haven't added it to the list of known bugs despite all the moderation that's happened. I guess it makes the most sense though.

There's a lot of room for additional customization options, especially ones that aren't puke-inducing. Thinking about it logically, I can't imagine the many other genuinely requested customizations to have been of lower priority. It must be a bug after all.

That'd be a relief, but they haven't added it to the list of known bugs despite all the moderation that's happened. I guess it makes the most sense though.

There's a lot of room for additional customization options, especially ones that aren't puke-inducing. Thinking about it logically, I can't imagine the many other genuinely requested customizations to have been of lower priority. It must be a bug after all.

Why would it be a bug? This existed on the PTS. If it were a bug it would on the Known Issues list. I'd say Working As Intended.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.