7.0 Delay reactions amuse me

Zergnaut

For those having a fit with having to wait two months before the expansion is released since you claim you have nothing to do an idea:

When they open PTS either copy a character over or create one and then go test what they are putting on the PTS and then you will have something to do .

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mature understand and accept it. The immature stomp and pout.

Indeed.

There seem to be more people stomping and pouting in the replies though. I wrongly thought loads more would appreciate the delay and the reasons for it rather than throw a toddler-in-the-supermarket-level-tantrum.

BW never lied to us. You paid for a sub, which is what you got. BW couldn't make the date they had intended to make for 7.0. These things happen, and based on previous expansions on every game I've played, I'd rather it be delayed if it wasn't ready.

Actually, putting out an official release date for the expansion and failing to actually release it on that date is, in fact, lying to us.

This is because it was relaying information that was not factually accurate. Had they couched it in terms of "hopeful" or "target" release date instead of letting pretty much every pc gaming website (and, as I recall, the game's own launcher) proclaim an official release date on the internet, you might have a case.

Actually, putting out an official release date for the expansion and failing to actually release it on that date is, in fact, lying to us.

This is because it was relaying information that was not factually accurate. Had they couched it in terms of "hopeful" or "target" release date instead of letting pretty much every pc gaming website (and, as I recall, the game's own launcher) proclaim an official release date on the internet, you might have a case.

Putting out a release date doesn't exclude the possibility of a delay. All it says is that is when they are planning to release it.

For those having a fit with having to wait two months before the expansion is released since you claim you have nothing to do an idea:

When they open PTS either copy a character over or create one and then go test what they are putting on the PTS and then you will have something to do .

And you’ll be able to see and understand why they delayed the launch

The reactions to the 7.0 delay amuse me and here is why...

Option 1: 7.0 releases on time with many bugs right before holidays with no one around to fix them. Players Outraged and screaming you knew xmas break was coming up how could you release a buggy xpax with no one around till mid Jan to fix the bugs!

Option 2: They hold off and release in Feb with less bug but devs will be around to fix them Players Outraged screaming how could you delay this! I want my money back!

Its like a fight with the wife. There is no winning.

you amuse me, imagine supporting bad business practices and then laughing about it. And we wonder why things never change. Stop giving the devs excuses. I can counter ever single one of your points with ease. People get a sub a little bit early to get into the grove of things, relearn the game, get credits ready, get items ready, get outfits ready, for when the expansion drops. Stop defending this kind of manipulation, the devs knew very well that the game wouldn't be ready for dec 14th launch. You don't announce a release date 3 weeks ago without knowing the stage of development which your product is, and if its ready to go gold or not. This is a rug pull. Stop calling people stupid unless you want to look in the mirror first.

pts is already open, there is no character copy this round. I'll literally playing it right now.

Downloading now :) They are testing character creation and early experience, my specialties! Initial reports on the PTS forum are not good.

Putting out a release date doesn't exclude the possibility of a delay. All it says is that is when they are planning to release it.

Without a term such as "target" or "planned," saying that something is coming out on a specific date *does* exclude the possibility of a delay.

Compare the delay of Warhammer 3, where the target was moved from the end of 2021 to 2022. No specific date had been given (the term was a release "window"), and therefore everybody knew it was fluid and subject to change.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1142710/view/2977431418075320622

*That's* how you avoid lying. Or whichever form of dishonesty you want to call it. Misrepresentation, exaggeration, overconfidence -- take your pick.

Without a term such as "target" or "planned," saying that something is coming out on a specific date *does* exclude the possibility of a delay.

Compare the delay of Warhammer 3, where the target was moved from the end of 2021 to 2022. No specific date had been given (the term was a release "window"), and therefore everybody knew it was fluid and subject to change.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1142710/view/2977431418075320622

*That's* how you avoid lying. Or whichever form of dishonesty you want to call it. Misrepresentation, exaggeration, overconfidence -- take your pick.

Not true. No date is ever set in stone. Just because they announce it doesn't mean something can't come up and change that date. Which is what happened in this case.

They are correct however. If the only reason you subbed was for 7.0, then waiting until the day it came out is the responsible choice. If you prematurely subscribed, then it is on you, not on BW. Delays happen, it's not a big deal. Lets face it these same players would cry and complain if they launched 7.0 at the release date and it was a buggy mess. If the delay helps them polish the product, and it gives us a smoother release good for BW.

I have given up man. Trying to be rational with irrational people is like trying to talk to a brick wall it can be amusing but you never make any progress

Edited by Zergnaut

I have given up man. Trying to be rational with irrational people is like trying to talk to a brick wall it can be amusing but you never make any progress

That’s representative of around 30% of the forums discussions because too many people can’t follow logic or reason and let emotions cloud their judgment.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm amused that people didn't think to wait until the expansion launched before subb'ing up.

I'm amused that.

I'm, like, quadrupledly more amused than you are, by your amusing and seemingly unlikely desire to try and paint what transpired in some ordinary shades. When was the last time something like this has happened within similar timeframe? Has something like this happened ever before, with any other MMo in live development? < - Not a rhetoric question, I'm genuinely curious.

Release date of a new expansion was made official three weeks back. One week before the given date, they move the release by two months. Schedule they fail to meet by over two months was three weeks old when they postponded it. This is all extremely unusual. Somebody subbing around, say, December 1st, had no reason to wonder if something like this might happen or not. Because it (almost?)never has happened. Anywhere.

Coming back like week or so before new expansion is the most natural thing in the world for somebody who has been away for a year or something. That's what I've always done with Wow for example. It is extremely strange to see you try and dress it as some mad gamble, lol.

Games, expansions and whatnot get delayed all the time. More often than not, perhaps. Release date given three weeks back getting postponded by few months..one week before the H hour? That never happens my dude.

Well, they did promise somethintg special for 10th anniversary. Nice to make history like this ig!

All arguing aside..MMO buff in me would love to know. Just for the sake of history books etc. Has something like this, within similar timeframe, ever happened before?? With any other sub based MMO expansion in live dev?

Edited by Stradlin

I'm, like, quadrupledly more amused than you are, by your amusing and seemingly unlikely desire to try and paint what transpired in some ordinary shades. When was the last time something like this has happened within similar timeframe? Has something like this happened ever before, with any other MMo in live development? < - Not a rhetoric question, I'm genuinely curious.

Release date of a new expansion was made official three weeks back. One week before the given date, they move the release by two months. Schedule they fail to meet by over two months was three weeks old when they postponded it. This is all extremely unusual. Somebody subbing around, say, December 1st, had no reason to wonder if something like this might happen or not. Because it (almost?)never has happened. Anywhere.

Coming back like week or so before new expansion is the most natural thing in the world for somebody who has been away for a year or something. That's what I've always done with Wow for example. It is extremely strange to see you try and dress it as some mad gamble, lol.

Games, expansions and whatnot get delayed all the time. More often than not, perhaps. Release date given three weeks back getting postponded by few months..one week before the H hour? That never happens my dude.

Well, they did promise somethintg special for 10th anniversary. Nice to make history like this ig!

All arguing aside..MMO buff in me would love to know. Just for the sake of history books etc. Has something like this, within similar timeframe, ever happened before?? With any other sub based MMO expansion in live dev?

dont try to use logic against them, they will pretend they didn't hear you. Imagine defending bioware over this, like i said before.. bioware gave them coal for christmas, then stole their cookies, and they thanked them for it. haha :rak_02:

Edited by SaerethDL

dont try to use logic against them, they will pretend they didn't hear you. Imagine defending bioware over this, like i said before.. bioware gave them coal for christmas, then stole their cookies,:

Heh, pretty much.

I have 0 issues with BW postponding unfinished expansion instead of releasing something half baked. That's very common and far preferable. Timeframes and dates involved here, the sum of all parts, is utterly crazy is all. As if designed to rip off people who bought 2 month sub because of the expansion. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the plan all along. It did end up happening all the same. BW's silence and lack of words to people who subbed for the expansion is pretty loud for sure.

Edited by Stradlin

Besides the deceit, there's something fishy going on.

They can't launch on December 14, but they will wrap it all up (all the WIP's, bugs, glitches and changes from PTS feedback) in 1 month (after coming back from Holidays) ?

Either they are straight lying and the expansion is ready to go or this expansion is so FUBAR that they will have to delay again in Feb.

The issue here seems to be far from "give us 1 more month and we will finish it".

Remember: they made a livestream, announced the release date, teased the new features, everything was supposedly gold. Then suddenly the game needs 1 more month of polishing, out of the blue.

This will likely be delayed again in Feb.

No they were wanting that, thats not what they bought. It was expected yes I agree with you. But thats NOT what they were paying for. They were paying for a subscription. They got it. If you really wanted to treat it as "buying an expansion" then they should have waited till launch day to do so. No one to blame but them selves

I play this game activly. My brother does not. He does the story content and dips every single time. Thats why he was waiting to launch day to buy a sub because it would give him the most for his money. By the end of 30 days he will have done all he wanted. Buying a sub early just for the xpax is kind of stupid. Why would you want to limit your time in the xpax? Wait till launch day so you get a full 30 days in 7.0.

I would agree to your comment if you could "buy" the expansion and that is where your argument falls completely flat. The ONLY WAY you get this expansion is to be subscribed and that is why people subbed to get the expansion. So yes people do have a right to not be happy with the way bioware have conducted themselves with this. They knew that it wasn't going to be ready now and don't give me ohhh they were working hard to get it out and they deceived no one. They knew it wasn't going to be ready a couple of months ago this isn't something that happened a week ago and they were omg we won't be ready for a couple of months that is complete bs. I do believe that bioware do owe people more than an appology for this.

I would agree to your comment if you could "buy" the expansion and that is where your argument falls completely flat. .

That was NOT really my argument or my point. My point you missed entirely. So I will make it simpler. Here is my point.

Was what bioware did 100% wrong? Yes it was. They should have never announced a release date they knew they couldn't make. Never disputed that. Was subbing early a stupid move if your only reasons for subing was to gain access to the expansion? Yes it was. If you wanted to sub just to get access to the expansion? You should have waited til the day of the expansion to sub. There was literally no reason to sub early. That is my point and has been my point this entire time.

If your reason for subing was just to play the expansion? Buying the sub early when there is literally no benefit to doing so is foolish. It actually puts you at a disadvantage. That was my argument.

You guys who miss my point have made it clear I need to edit my OP to communicate that better so I will now.

Edited by Zergnaut

That’s representative of around 30% of the forums discussions because too many people can’t follow logic or reason and let emotions cloud their judgment.

Logic is a method of reasoning that involves a series of statements, each of which must be true if the statement before it is true. <Collins English Dictionary>

As many of the statements in the forums are opinions rather than facts, I would say your estimate is low.

Never play chess with a pigeon. They will just knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like they won.

Ceryxp, that is funny as F! I can actually see the pigeon neck bobbing. You, my friend, just won the internet today! :p

Edited by TonyTricicolo

It's amusing to consider that some of the same people who complain that BW shouldn't have set a release date, are the same people who 'demanded' a release date just a while ago. 🙄😂

Btw, the playing chess with a pigeon thing is not new. I recall hearing it a while ago on some atheist podcast. 🤔

If I recall, it was in relation to the way religious Fundamentalists argue their case. 😂

And of course it may go back even further. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker