7.0 Delay reactions amuse me

Zergnaut

I have no problem with the delay myself as I did resubb to get the update but also I was enjoying the game again...I also have no problem with the folks that subbed for just the update and wanting a refund...it's kinda like Giving your money to a company for a service be it food or auto only to find out they are not going to Provide the Very Service you Paid for... Which BW Said they were providing on a specific Date...but now telling you to come back later since They have Your Money.

These folks Blaming folks that are upset about it is mind blowing. Fact is BW Announced the Date of the release Nobody Forced it and BW certainly didn't say Unless or But be aware...So stop trying to Spin this as a It's the Players Fault

Edited by NDNCreek

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...lesson learned, I guess? No one will bother subbing for future expansions until after the expac actually drops. Fine. Whatever works. Though subbing only a week in advance to get characters ready for the changes and new content doesn't exactly make people raving lunatics reeking of privilege.

What amuses me is those who unsub. I have 2 accounts. I have had a paid subscription on one of them since Beta and the other account has been a paid account since I got it.

Those people who unsub are the ones I find hilarious. I think I took a break from playing SW:TOR for about a year. I still logged in and played a little, but mostly for that year I was focusing on another game. But I never unsubscribed. I collected my free coins and just played other games until I was ready to come back.

The subscription isn't all that expensive... I pay $84.37/per account once every 6 months... A total of $168.74 @ $14.06/month per account.

My Jack Daniels supply is more expensive. I buy the $50.00 bottle. I drink it over time, usually a month or two, or three.

If I take 3 months to drink that $50 bottle, I pay about $16/month for it. If I take 4 months to drink it, then my SW:TOR account is more expensive. But not by much if you count tax.

I spend more per month on pretty much everything in my life. Just over $14 per month on anything isn't that much.

The only thing I wish for is that they start giving us access to subscribing yearly. That would make my life easier...

The reason those people who unsub amuse me is that they usually don't play when they go FTP. Then, they sit in the game and complain about the game in General Chat... And I'm like, "Didn't you just say you're back after about a year?" and "You need to be here with us every day to have a right to gripe about the game...."

All games have bugs. I think this game does a pretty good job on getting to them... And... I'm here every day, so I know.

What amuses me is those who unsub. I have 2 accounts. I have had a paid subscription on one of them since Beta and the other account has been a paid account since I got it.

Those people who unsub are the ones I find hilarious. I think I took a break from playing SW:TOR for about a year. I still logged in and played a little, but mostly for that year I was focusing on another game. But I never unsubscribed. I collected my free coins and just played other games until I was ready to come back.

The subscription isn't all that expensive... I pay $84.37/per account once every 6 months... A total of $168.74 @ $14.06/month per account.

My Jack Daniels supply is more expensive. I buy the $50.00 bottle. I drink it over time, usually a month or two, or three.

If I take 3 months to drink that $50 bottle, I pay about $16/month for it. If I take 4 months to drink it, then my SW:TOR account is more expensive. But not by much if you count tax.

I spend more per month on pretty much everything in my life. Just over $14 per month on anything isn't that much.

The only thing I wish for is that they start giving us access to subscribing yearly. That would make my life easier...

The reason those people who unsub amuse me is that they usually don't play when they go FTP. Then, they sit in the game and complain about the game in General Chat... And I'm like, "Didn't you just say you're back after about a year?" and "You need to be here with us every day to have a right to gripe about the game...."

All games have bugs. I think this game does a pretty good job on getting to them... And... I'm here every day, so I know.

They do have that Right BW Gave them the Right making it F2P...and for some folks that 14 bucks IS a big deal Just stop trying to Spin things to Fit your Narrative...Or don't partake in the Jack Before posting in the forums

I have no problem with the delay myself as I did resubb to get the update but also I was enjoying the game again...I also have no problem with the folks that subbed for just the update and wanting a refund...it's kinda like Giving your money to a company for a service be it food or auto only to find out they are not going to Provide the Very Service you Paid for... Which BW Said they were providing on a specific Date...but now telling you to come back later since They have Your Money.

These folks Blaming folks that are upset about it is mind blowing. Fact is BW Announced the Date of the release Nobody Forced it and BW certainly didn't say Unless or But be aware...So stop trying to Spin this as a It's the Players Fault

Except anyone that has been around long enough knows that there can always be a delay and anytime you are dealing with a MMO online game you should be prepared to deal with a delay whether it is SWTOR or another game. The date is never written in stone. You should always be prepared for a delay. I have played online games for a few years (back with SWG) and delays or changes are always one of the first thing you should expect.

I mean... I sort of understand why people subscribed early, to get their characters ready etc. I understand why they would be annoyed and frankly, IMO everyone who is subscribed next Tuesday should get the expansion automatically when it comes out.

Otherwise, I'm laughing at my own reaction to the announcement. I don't like 95% of the changes and the only thing I wanted was more story and Galactic Season 2. I was both relieved that it wasn't coming yet AND frustrated to have to wait 2 months for what I really want (I'm on disability leave and now I have to find something else to do for 2 months).

Mostly though, I'm annoyed because whether the expansion is ready or not... I DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES so 2 more months to polish something that I don't care for really means nothing to me - and I highly doubt that they will actually listen to our complaints and change any of their plans in that timeframe.

I mean... I sort of understand why people subscribed early, to get their characters ready etc..

Yeah no need. If this were a sub based game like wow where you need a sub to login? Id 100% agree. However you dont need a sub to login to you toons in swtor.

Edited by Zergnaut

Ok... I guess the 1st time I made this post I did not get the point I was trying to make across clearly at all. I made some comments and jokes that were misunderstood and taken out of context. I deleted it and I am rewording my OP to make my main focus point more clear.

Before I start I will say the fact that bioware gave as little as 7 days notice they were delaying an expansion that everyone who played the PTS knew wasnt ready was wrong. If you are mad at that? You are right to be so and you are not the ones who "amused me".

The folks who amused me are the folks who subed to play the expansion and they subed early and then blow up online demanding a refund. Buying the sub early when there is literally no benefit to doing so is foolish. It actually puts you at a disadvantage because it shortens your time of premium features while playing 7.0. There was literally no reason to sub early.

That is how my bother plays this game. He subs for the expansions then doesn't stick around longer after that first 1-2months. Due to this and to maximize his time he was waiting to sub until launch day. This is why the news of the delay literally made him say "mech delays happen. I guess I will sub in Feb".

The folks who did this and their overreacting blowup on the forums are the folks who have amused me. They refuse to admit that they made an unwise decision and continue to be mad at other for it. They are the group who have amused me.

I am sorry I didnt not communicate that better.

This also

People subbed early to get back used to their toons, get toons back into guilds and a plethora of other reasons. Reasons you would much prefer to call them stupid for.

You are approaching this like it was the customer's fault all along and that BW had no role in why those people spent their money or why they were angry when they found out they spent that money on something that is not happening. That's just gross.

BW KNEW during all those ramp up videos they were doing that they would not make the deadline. They yanked it a week before the drop date saying they needed another 2 months. That should clearly tell anyone they knew it was not going to go live long before that.

The reason people are mad is because they felt they were lied to, misled, ripped-off or deceived, because it straight up looks like it was an intentional money grab by a seller who knew the product was not ready.

There was no preorder. There was no way to pay for the update outside of the sub. The people who paid the sub did so for the update as they were/are a package deal.

If a painter is working on a house and says it will be move in ready in just a couple weeks then one week before tells you it will be 2 more months, you would be mad too. If you take what they did and basically insert any other instance, the analogy works the same. We are not talking about a week or two weeks we are talking about 2 months. They knew.

I have played from beta and had a sub the entire time even when my home server died and I was the only one on fleet. Dealt with the crappy 5.0 that lost most of the player base. The server change for west coast players getting a "new server" - on the east coast. I have saw it all here. I will continue paying my sub and I want the game to thrive.

However, you are not going to thrive if this is how you deal with new/returning customers.

Why people feel the need to play Capt' Save-a-Dev is beyond me.

I logged on to the test a few weeks ago, it still has issues, so i understand why they pushed it back, when i played, i was like, " They really going to put this expansion out in 2 weeks"??, there were so many bugs, especially with costume designer. i dont agree with how far they put it back, but i am willing to wait for it if thats what it takes, id rather have an expansion with less bugs than have it rushed and the whole dang thing be buggy and people leave because of it. so i am disappointed that it was moved, but not mad enough to un sub, i have played mmo's all my life, been playing this game since beta, yes i have un subbed from this game several times, but when i get bored or feel like playing i re sub for a while. i play other mmo's that rush to put out content, and they are crap right now, one im not gonna mention is very popular with dragons and zombies, and trolls and orcs, lol. but they are losing people too, because of bugged and crappy content. not all mmo's are perfect. well enough of my 2 cents, everyone has their right to go, thats their choice. i ignore the crying and just continue on.

Yeah no need. If this were a sub based game like wow where you need a sub to login? Id 100% agree. However you dont need a sub to login to you toons in swtor.

LOL! You know subs get more access to everything from storage room to credits to the amount of toons you can play/log onto.

To say there would be no difference in waiting is the same as proclaiming there is no difference between sub and f2p.

LOL! You know subs get more access to everything from storage room to credits to the amount of toons you can play/log onto.

To say there would be no difference in waiting is the same as proclaiming there is no difference between sub and f2p.

Been a sub for 10years so yes I know. But she wasnt talking about actually playing the game she was talking about subbing early to login real quick clear inventory and whatnot. Don't need a sub to login and do that real fast

Edited by Zergnaut

Mostly though, I'm annoyed because whether the expansion is ready or not... I DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES so 2 more months to polish something that I don't care for really means nothing to me - and I highly doubt that they will actually listen to our complaints and change any of their plans in that timeframe.

You know what they say about polishing a 💩

It’s still a 💩

I’m going to reserve my judgement for the next PTS iteration because they wouldn’t have had time to actually change the 💩 features we don’t like. But if things aren’t going in the right direction by then, we’ll know they have zero intention of listening to any new feed back for these PTS either.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I was signed up to play at launch in 2011. I seem to recall playing in the stress-test beta just before the game went live, but I may have SWTOR crossed with Rift there. After leveling 3 toons to max, and my kids played a couple more to endgame, I dropped the game for lack of content. That was between 12 and 18 months after launch.

In September, I was talking with one of my kids about games, and I wondered if my SWTOR characters were still there. So I loaded the game FTP and took a look. They were all there, with a few that needed renaming. Since then, I’ve resubbed having a blast in 6.x, playing the missing classes through Chapter 3 to max the Heroic Moment, updating gear, playing flash points.

I’ve got my two main characters deep into KOTFE, and I’ve been a little concerned about the reduction in abilities planned for update 7.0, and how that might affect encounters that assume a full complement. Now I should complete both KOTFE and KOTET before 7 goes live. I’m fine with the delay. I haven’t been keen on the 7.0 updates I’ve read about.

Someone isn't aware of all the restrictions placed on pref status. Renown grind alone you're doing 4x the work a sub would because of the 75% reduction, and with the deadline so close...

Then there's the crafting going from up to 40 items simultaneously down to a max of 3....

Sorting inventory doesn't necessarily need sub access, but credit cap and escrow mean some of that sorting, buying and selling need sub access.

You have more character slots as a sub, and several of mine (mules mostly) were inaccessible.

There are plenty of reasons one would get in a bit earlier. Demanding the refund I think is a tad excessive --- but having seen the latest on the PTS, there's NO reason they should have waited so long to announce the delay. Only subs can access PTS and even then by the time I subbed they had taken down the PTS so I had no way to see first hand just how behind they were.

Someone isn't aware of all the restrictions placed on pref status. Renown grind alone you're doing 4x the work a sub would because of the 75% reduction, and with the deadline so close...

Then there's the crafting going from up to 40 items simultaneously down to a max of 3....

Sorting inventory doesn't necessarily need sub access, but credit cap and escrow mean some of that sorting, buying and selling need sub access.

You have more character slots as a sub, and several of mine (mules mostly) were inaccessible.

There are plenty of reasons one would get in a bit earlier. Demanding the refund I think is a tad excessive --- but having seen the latest on the PTS, there's NO reason they should have waited so long to announce the delay. Only subs can access PTS and even then by the time I subbed they had taken down the PTS so I had no way to see first hand just how behind they were.

Why did you give this reply? do you even know what I replied to? did you read it? I would say no you didnt. The person was NOT talking about playing the game they were talking about subing early to log in real fast and clean up inventory NOT actually play the game. /facepalm

I told them you dont need a sub for that this is not a sub required game. What I said was correct. What you said was 100% in a differant direction and had nothing to do with the comment I replied to at all. If your going to reply to a reply. READ what the person replied to originally

We were talking just about baseballs and you were off talking about bats, uniforms, home plate and the field.

Edited by Zergnaut

Been a sub for 10years so yes I know. But she wasnt talking about actually playing the game she was talking about subbing early to login real quick clear inventory and whatnot. Don't need a sub to login and do that real fast

Again, you are limited in how many toons you can log onto and what they can do. There are a lot of reasons someone would want to sub early for an expansion because the abilities of a sub vs a f2p are vastly different. The person your reply was to gave other reasons as well not just something about "quick clear inventory." <- those were actually your words not theirs. I know, I just reread the entire thread trying to locate what you were talking about. A grand waste of time.

Read up on strawman argument fallacies.

Edited by NuSeC

Again, you are limited in how many toons you can log onto and what they can do. There are a lot of reasons someone would want to sub early for an expansion because the abilities of a sub vs a f2p are vastly different. The person your reply was to gave other reasons as well not just something about "quick clear inventory." <- those were actually your words not theirs. I know, I just reread the entire thread trying to locate what you were talking about. A grand waste of time.

Read up on strawman argument fallacies.

Alas M. Zergnaut is so blinkered he does not realise a "zerg" of repetitive, simplistic self-rationalised insult that ignores what people are saying is neither smart gaslighting or even remotely flattering to his credibility, it in fact amounts to nought.

Why did you give this reply? do you even know what I replied to? did you read it? I would say no you didnt. The person was NOT talking about playing the game they were talking about subing early to log in real fast and clean up inventory NOT actually play the game. /facepalm

I told them you dont need a sub for that this is not a sub required game. What I said was correct. What you said was 100% in a differant direction and had nothing to do with the comment I replied to at all. If your going to reply to a reply. READ what the person replied to originally

We were talking just about baseballs and you were off talking about bats, uniforms, home plate and the field.

You quoted what you were responding to. I was simply pointing out that prep isn't as simple as just logging in most of the time.

Sorting inventory is hard to do if you don't have access to all the characters ;)

Sorting inventory is hard to do if you need to buy more space but bay costs more than credit cap

Sorting inventory is hard to do if you can't create mule characters because your pref status character limit is smaller than subbed status.

I think the "refund" demands are excessive by folks but subscribing early is completely reasonable. They waited till the last 7 days to officially push it back. Anyone who's had access to PTS could see they were far from meeting the date --- BUT you had to be subbed before the PTS got taken down to see it outside of 3rd party videos.

EDIT - I've seen your replies I get it now. You said there was no reason to sub early for xpac access. People pointed out yes and explained why. You feel you still have to defend it apparently unwilling to be wrong.

The reality is there is NO REASON they should not have announced a delay given the state of the game. I think its pretty damn shady that they led the community to believe that it would hit 14th no matter how broken until 7 days prior. The first day they brought back PTS back up its clear the build is far from ready for live.

Edited by SeCKSEgai
addition

Not true. No date is ever set in stone. Just because they announce it doesn't mean something can't come up and change that date. Which is what happened in this case.

In that case, somebody needs to tell the launcher that it's not set in stone. As of today, the launcher still says "Our upcoming expansion Legacy of the Sith, launches free to all subscribers on December 14th, 2021!"

If I hadn't checked the forums, I'd *still* be thinking the expansion was launching on Tuesday. But, yeah. Totally honest. Not set in stone at all.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ErpEV10ruUCg3-v9Oy4uxu_1utaXD_oE/view?usp=sharing

This thread is pretty weird. The SWTOR staff obviously thought it was problematic to delay at the last minute, so I don't know why it is so crazy that players would feel that way. Heck, I found out on Monday night when I logged in to do final pre-expansion checks on my characters and saw that the patch number was different than I expected to see.

Personally, it wasn't too long ago that I was deciding whether or not to re-up my multi-month subscription. I debated it because I feel like there's not much of interest for me in the game right now, but I went for it because the expansion was scheduled in December. If I had known it would be February, I probably would have taken some months off.

Am I super pissed? No.

Did they lose some of my trust and interest in the game? Yes.

Would it be reasonable to provide some compensation? Sure. They could give all subscribers in December some extra cartel coins or something (that tactic seems to work for Genshin Impact).

Anyway, this just supports my theory that this expansion is all about SWTOR trying to be FFXIV