Gearing system 6.0 versus 7.0

Darittha

it's true ,the system gears 6.0 is perfect for all players and the 7.0 is a true ******** , it's will make bigger the canyon between the casuals players who try the best and i could say ^^ the coven of NIM players .

For me it's the best stupidity in the idiocraty found the make higher the elite and put down the other parts of the players and i speak only for the players who pay for this good game who will be destroyed .

and the rest who is free to play will stay in the cave of the players hierarchy FOREVER.

They will keep only the NIM players and they discard the others players the most great part OF the COMMUNITY

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's true ,the system gears 6.0 is perfect for all players and the 7.0 is a true ******** , it's will make bigger the canyon between the casuals players who try the best and i could say ^^ the coven of NIM players .

For me it's the best stupidity in the idiocraty found the make higher the elite and put down the other parts of the players and i speak only for the players who pay for this good game who will be destroyed .

and the rest who is free to play will stay in the cave of the players hierarchy FOREVER.

They will keep only the NIM players and they discard the others players the most great part OF the COMMUNITY

Guess someone didn't have horrible RNG when it came to getting the 80r-2 mods, or getting the proper enhancements. It's also possible they didn't care about them. The RNG in the 6.0 gearing was horrible. Glad it's gone even if I will never get BiS this expansion. For me BiS will be the highest I can get my hands on, and not concern myself with the NiM gear. As it should be.

I'll be able to do all content I want in lower gear (Dailies, FP's, heroics). I've tested the PTS to know this is easily doable.

As it should be.

This is a video game with the rules created by the developers there is no such thing as "as it should be" unless you have trouble imagining or being creative or doing anything other than sticking by an outdated status quo.

Mmorpgs have been suffering for years exactly because they keep treating elites special and treating casuals and solo players as 2nd class citizens.

And you cant say you dont care about that either when you are so obsessed over BiS you are looking for that ultra specific mod that is 2% power increase over the more common mod, well dont worry in 7.0 everything you get will be inferior and 15% weaker than what the elites get, you might enjoy this inferiority of gear, but many of us dont, and we also like our gear progression uninterrupted

6.0 isn't perfect but they could have fixed the RNG without making such a huge mess.

Edited by Pricia

I guess I am curious on how this will affect the ability to gear alts. I remember the gearing being more difficult to manage if you were going to gear more than about 2 characters. I think that was when we had mercenary comms and ranked comms. They eventually came out events like the X12 xp event and the dark vs light event. These events were to inspire people to create more alts and go through old content and I think they did this because of how long it was taking them to release new content. Eventually they changed the gearing which made it easier to gear these multiple alts people made. Also with the introduction of multiple combat styles on one class also adds more gear that could potentially be needed.

Now I know there are those that only play 1 or 2 characters, however I feel like this game has put heavy emphasis on making multiple characters. So my concern is that is gearing alts will become more difficult on cause more people to go back to playing just 1 or 2 characters. I feel concerned about this because I feel like this counterproductive to what they have done in the past with making the game more alt friendly.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

I guess I am curious on how this will affect the ability to gear alts. I remember the gearing being more difficult to manage if you were going to gear more than about 2 characters. I think that was when we had mercenary comms and ranked comms. They eventually came out events like the X12 xp event and the dark vs light event. These events were to inspire people to create more alts and go through old content and I think they did this because of how long it was taking them to release new content. Eventually they changed the gearing which made it easier to gear these multiple alts people made. Also with the introduction of multiple combat styles on one class also adds more gear that could potentially be needed.

Now I know there are those that only play 1 or 2 characters, however I feel like this game has put heavy emphasis on making multiple characters. So my concern is that is gearing alts will become more difficult on cause more people to go back to playing just 1 or 2 characters. I feel concerned about this because I feel like this counterproductive to what they have done in the past with making the game more alt friendly.

I feel the same way too. I've been playing every single alt and gearing them up as I level them up and granted it was a bit too easy but... now it's ridiculous.

The gear is bound to legacy, which is nice and all if you enjoy wasting 4 minutes putting stuff in and out of the legacy vault every single time you switch characters. But you don't actually get any drops (at least not in solo activities) so switching gear won't help you gear up faster.

Also right now on PTS there's a 999 weekly limit on the main item for gear upgrades - that's 4 conquests. After that, CQ reward is 100 tech fragments and 25k credits. Absolutely awful. I can't just pick 4 characters so at this point I'll play the story, do Galactic Seasons until I get the mounts I like, then unsubscribe. No point in paying to play all my characters if it's a waste of time to play them.

6.0 isn't perfect but they could have fixed the RNG without making such a huge mess.

Which is all they really needed to do. That and remove a bunch of useless mods, enhancements, Armor, etc.

The amount of mod types was way over the top with 19-20 versions of every one. Then making the RNG terrible and not allowing a static path to getting BiS gear. It was totally left up to the RNG gods if you could get the gear you needed.

And that’s Bioware’s excuse for this rebuild. That the RNG and lack of gear pathways was excessive. BUT WE ALL TOLD THEM THAT BEFORE 6.0 LAUNCHED. And then we repeated it weekly till this new system was announced.

ALL Bioware needed to do was tweak the current gearing system. They didn’t need to reinvent it, IT was their fault it was such a crap show to start with. We told them how to simplify it and fix it and they totally ignored everyone.

Now we are going back to the dark days of NO mods and static gear. They go from one f***ing extreme to another. ALL of these problems are Bioware’s own making cause they refuse to listen or consult properly with the player base.

And sadly, even with all the problems that 6.0 had, it is a much better system that the rubbish they want to do to replace it in 7.0. So we are going from semi ok system (with acknowledged issues) to a system that’s going to be bloody terrible 🤬😡

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You're not wrong. Multiple alts keep people busy in a game that has very small game updates and long periods of time between those updates. Multiple alts have kept me subbing longer more than anything else. 6.0 was very alt-friendly, which is important to the health of the game, in my opinion. 6.0 needed tweaking not obliterating.

Making the game less alt-friendly is not going to help their money problems, again, in my opinion. I know they want to bring in more money, and I know they're hoping the changes they make to the game will somehow tease more money out of players, but I'm not convinced 7.0 is going to provide them with those results. It feels like they're making a huge gamble here. For me, doing Conquest on less characters and being stuck with terrible static gear for who-knows-how-long does not bode well.

I need a good reason to keep staying subbed throughout the year. Playing my 25 alts, doing Conquest for them all, and gearing them all up with good, customizable gear while playing content that I find enjoyable was giving me that reason. So now what? I guess I'll see just how bad it's going to be for my playstyle.

I mean they are removing set bonuses (and moving those to implants). That would mean you would only need one dps set (and then two implants with your bonuses for each class. Whereas right now you need a seperate bonus set for every character. That might make it somewhat easier to gear alts in a way.

"I feel the same way too. I've been playing every single alt and gearing them up as I level them up and granted it was a bit too easy but... now it's ridiculous."

it's true i got 16 chars and all stuff and with this 1 or 2 it's possible but our mains and all the alts it's will be a true supplice always be connected and........ so being no life because they do the biggest **** with this Great Game

You're not wrong. Multiple alts keep people busy in a game that has very small game updates and long periods of time between those updates. Multiple alts have kept me subbing longer more than anything else. 6.0 was very alt-friendly, which is important to the health of the game, in my opinion. 6.0 needed tweaking not obliterating.

Making the game less alt-friendly is not going to help their money problems, again, in my opinion. I know they want to bring in more money, and I know they're hoping the changes they make to the game will somehow tease more money out of players, but I'm not convinced 7.0 is going to provide them with those results. It feels like they're making a huge gamble here. For me, doing Conquest on less characters and being stuck with terrible static gear for who-knows-how-long does not bode well.

I need a good reason to keep staying subbed throughout the year. Playing my 25 alts, doing Conquest for them all, and gearing them all up with good, customizable gear while playing content that I find enjoyable was giving me that reason. So now what? I guess I'll see just how bad it's going to be for my playstyle.

EXACTLY. Alts is what kept me playing for 1.5 years.

But 7.0 will force me to retire most of my alts.

- Conquest will stop giving gear upgrade parts after the 4th weekly conquest. After that you get 25k credits and 100 tech fragments. THAT'S IT. For 100k CQ points. Let that sink in. Guild CQ gives no upgrade parts, only tech fragments.

- solo player don't get ANY gear drop, so swapping gear between alts will not make gearing faster, you'll have to grind from scratch for every piece with every alt

- the STORY flashpoint I did on PTS dropped FLASHPOINTS and OPS gear parts. And only like 3 parts per boss. You need 20 for the FIRST LEVEL chest piece, for example.

- weeklies and heroics will give you upgrade parts but you'll still be limited by the CQ cap (as you need both types of parts for gear).

- the quest to upgrade legendaries is mostly group activities, solo activities give a very small amount of points.

So yeah, overall it will take me years to gear up all my alts. It's absolutely awful.

If you have alts and group a lot, it might not be that bad, because at least you get a drop when you finish a vet flashpoint I believe. But for solo players... it's just not going to work.

the quest to upgrade legendaries is mostly group activities, solo activities give a very small amount of points.

Going to fix this right here:

1) The quest to acquire the Legendary is very Solo friendly.

1a) 100k conquest 34/100 points from doing just that.

1b) each heroic weekly you complete 10 points

1c) each weekly daily area completed 10 points.

Example from PTS this week alone.

Conquest 34/100

Alderan heroic weekly 10 points per time you do this (can be done 3 times in 1 week) 10-30 points

DK heroic weekly 10-30

Taris Heroic weekly 10-30 point

Tattoine Heroic weekly 10-30

Black Hole weekly 10 points (once per character per week)

Section X weekly 10 points (once per character per week)

As you can see you have a possibility of getting 170 possible points for the quest to get your legendary in 1 week as a solo player doing NO GROUP CONTENT.

Yes Ops players may have it easier, however saying it's mostly group activities is false. You can easily get 100 points in the very 1st week you get the quest at level 80.

None of us actually know if we can upgrade a legendary item. On the PTS when we purchase one it is already set at Item level 326. There is no option I've seen to be able to upgrade it from that point.

Edited by Toraak

I have to agree that they at least made the legendary system fair, legendaries are not EXCLUSIVE to only group content, EVERYONE can get them, it might take some more time through more casual activities but you will still get them quite quickly.

This is how all power progression should work, all content should be relevant, easier content should simply take more time.

By putting exclusive rewards in OPs you are treating that content as special, nobody has an issue if OPS players get things way faster, the issue starts when it becomes EXCLUSIVE to that content.

you don't need either, you can mix and match gear to do the content you like, and get the stats you like within 1-5%. I don't raid so no I don't need the highest level gear, they need it to help carry people through really challenging scenarios besides letting you companion heal you as you blast down your enemies in 3 shots lul. You DO NOT need that armor and you know you don't, you just want it because now society expects to be handed everything everyone else can easily get like a participation trophy and swtor has spoiled you in that sense.

Are you part of the 1%? You participate in NM mode? Only an individual who plays this mode would say the things you're saying. On the other hand, if not, then it would mean that you are okay with mediocrity that this gearing system will give us. Likewise, you are also okay with the discrimination that BioWare is doing to all non-Nightmare Ops players.

Whether or not we "need" the very best gear is in material. The fact that BioWare is gating the very best gear behind Nightmare operations is. In doing so, BioWare is discriminating against every single player who does not participate in NM operations. You can deny it all you want, but the definition of discrimination is exactly what BioWare is doing. I'm pretty sure, even though they can claim ToS/EULA all the want, has come legal ramifications as RNG loot boxes do.

So, you can continue to side with the developers discriminatory practices, in the end, players like me will simply walk away and continue playing games like FFXIV where there is nothing preventing us from obtaining max level endgame gear and the developers and the company do not discriminate against the players. They treat us all the same and respect us all. BioWare has NEVER acted in such a manner. Ever.

Are you part of the 1%? You participate in NM mode? Only an individual who plays this mode would say the things you're saying. On the other hand, if not, then it would mean that you are okay with mediocrity that this gearing system will give us. Likewise, you are also okay with the discrimination that BioWare is doing to all non-Nightmare Ops players.

Whether or not we "need" the very best gear is in material. The fact that BioWare is gating the very best gear behind Nightmare operations is. In doing so, BioWare is discriminating against every single player who does not participate in NM operations. You can deny it all you want, but the definition of discrimination is exactly what BioWare is doing. I'm pretty sure, even though they can claim ToS/EULA all the want, has come legal ramifications as RNG loot boxes do.

So, you can continue to side with the developers discriminatory practices, in the end, players like me will simply walk away and continue playing games like FFXIV where there is nothing preventing us from obtaining max level endgame gear and the developers and the company do not discriminate against the players. They treat us all the same and respect us all. BioWare has NEVER acted in such a manner. Ever.

it's the trust so all the people who loved this game haven't their place anymore on swtor so THE COVEN of the NIM will play alone because all what iis done are for them

so all people who got a brain let's find another game swtor will DEAD with the 7.0

As someone that plays both games, I don't see a huge difference. Both games are having the bis gear be tied to the hardest difficulty at the time, and then have catchup mechanics.

SWTOR's catchup mechanics are just more awkward because it's their first time doing it in a while and their content release cycle is much longer, and they have to recycle their older content because of that. Regardless, you still end up raiding to get the highest ilvl (not bis) in FFXIV even for catchup gearing, it's just less challenging raids.

The worst RNG was for set pieces dropping in boxes, especially in the guild CQ boxes - always got junk set pieces except Death Knell and Tacticians. Other classes/specs? JUNK.

I think you had to unlock a full SET of all pieces before you'd then have a chance of them dropping from the CQ or Daily or Weekly Gear Crates. It's why I more often see Victor's set as I have more Jedi I play, and you're more likely to earn things that apply to the Class your on.

Still maybe you realized that, if not try it out from now till Feb 15th.

I think you had to unlock a full SET of all pieces before you'd then have a chance of them dropping from the CQ or Daily or Weekly Gear Crates. It's why I more often see Victor's set as I have more Jedi I play, and you're more likely to earn things that apply to the Class your on.

Still maybe you realized that, if not try it out from now till Feb 15th.

Nope. I have 34 characters all in their BiS sets for their spec. I've definitely unlocked the full sets as I have at least 3 of each advanced class. The only BiS set pieces that have dropped in CQ boxes from the last 4 months (when I bothered joining guilds) have been tactician and death knell.

Everything else is Dire Retaliation, Undying, Empowered Restorer, Revitalized Mystic, Probe Tech, Tech Medic, Slow Road, Precise targeter, Squad Leader, Hunter Killer.

I think I got a couple Saber Master as well and maybe Right Price, and of course a bunch of the generic ones. But that's it. In 4 months, on 34 characters. No Gathering Storm, no Descent of the Fearless, no Established Foothold etc.

Personal CQ boxes are different and I have seen them drop though (very rarely, but they have).

I'd say that even if what you say is true, having to unlock a set to get it to drop is absolutely ridiculous.

So yes, with that type of RNG, I'm really glad that it's at least going to go away (only positive I can find in the whole thing).