Issue with the Launcher and Intel i7-12700k

digitalfreak

same problem for me with 12900k, I was searching since 2 days and found this forum post !

any news ?

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO SWTOR Launcher [Core:U2021.0.33 Lib:P1.6] initialized.

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO File info: D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\launcher.exe size=8042696, created=9/8/2021 14:56:48, accessed=12/13/2021 0:29:6, written=3/2/2021 12:29:8

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Initializing download manager

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Loaded settings from D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\launcher-app.settings

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Loaded agreements from D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\eula.settings

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Loaded settings from D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\launcher.settings

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Sending crash dumps to [https://patcher-crash.swtor.com/crashcatch]

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO completeLauncherInit()

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO -----------------------------(-60)-----------------------------

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Timezone: -60

Whole lotta nothin. Lol

We will be taking the servers offline on December 14, 2021 to deploy Game Update 6.3.2b.

Details:

DATE: December 14, 2021

TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM UTC)

VERSION: 6.3.2b

Patch notes will be available on Monday.

Perhaps this patch includes something to address Alder Lake not being able to start the game... seems like they could release some patch notes as it is not far away.

Patch notes are out and they do NOT include a fix for this issue. I am getting pretty aggravated at this point.

Patch Notes:

Life Day Celebration:

Life Day is back from December 14, 2021 to January 11, 2022! Throw snowballs and complete Conquest Objectives and Achievements to earn festive rewards!

Ten-Year Anniversary:

Celebrate our Ten-Year Anniversary with us! To kick-off this year of celebration, the “Anniversary Personnel” Vendor is available on the Fleet from December 14, 2021 until January 2023. Their inventory will be updated throughout the whole year, beginning with new planned rewards and contest-winning decorations with the launch of ‘Legacy of the Sith’ in February 2022.

Both Dromund Kaas and Coruscant Strongholds have received their annual discount, and can be purchased for only ten credits until the launch of ‘Legacy of the Sith’ expansion!

Added Renown Boosts to the Anniversary Personnel Vendor’s inventory.

Double XP:

Starting December 20, 2021 and lasting until January 4, 2022, enjoy two weeks full of Double XP, Valor, and Renown.

Feast of Prosperity:

The Feast of Prosperity event will be back from January 11, 2022 until February 1, 2022! Help Gaboorga the Abundant and Duuba the Magnanimous restore the Cartel’s influence during the 3 weeks of the event.

Conquest - Prepare for Total War as tensions between the Empire and Republic increase leading into ‘Legacy of the Sith’! Total War Conquest will run for Conquest weeks beginning December 21st, January 4th, and January 18th.

Patch notes are out and they do NOT include a fix for this issue. I am getting pretty aggravated at this point.

I think "aggravated" is too weak a word for the situation. I'm wanting to file a complaint directly with EA, if there is such an option. As if not fixing the launcher isn't bad enough, neither acknowledging nor reimbursing paying customers for their wasted money is not only bad business but thievery as well.

Honestly at this point i'm starting to think they arn't even trying to fix it, if they don't extend the events then i will well and truely be pissed since we can't do them.

At this point i have no idea what is going on it's just been radio silence since they first talked about the issue and worse still even if they did put a fix how are we going to get it if most of us can't even open the launcher to download it.

I am over it. So much wasted time between companies (Asus, Intel, EA, etc) trying to find a solution for this. It just shows how little they care about their customer base. This game will die soon enough anyways, as it already has been for a while now. Good riddance, uninstalled, unsubscribed.

Adding in that I just unsubbed as well with hopes of this making some sort of difference. Speak with your wallet as they say. No need to pay for something that I can't play. On one hand I suppose this is partially my fault for buying new PC gaming hardware, but on the other hand, of all of the games that I am playing this is the only one that doesn't run on the new rig. I'll likely check back here a few more times, but I suspect that "out of sight, out of mind" is going to take over and that my long run with SWTOR (which was from day-1 launch) has finally come to an end.

I don't think anyone brought this up.

Perhaps someone at EA/Bioware/whomever is in control of SWTOR these days should commincate with ZeniMax Online Studios. Both SWTOR and Elder Scrolls Online are built on the same engine (modfied, etc); and while I'm sure over the years lots of changed, but the base loaders/patchers are quite similar.

Elder Scrolls Online has no issues with Alder Lake.

Honestly not the worse idea but you have to remember that they used a very very very early version of the hero engine when they made it and modded it to the point that they couldn't update it with the newer updates without redoing everything.

We have to hope that it's not a issue with that but at the same time i'm getting worried and annoyed that this is still a issue, it's getting to the point that i'm nearly ready to downgrade back to my I9-9900ks just to play the game again because i was looking forwards to seeing how much better it would of run with a I9-12900k.

Another problem with this system is you can only post here if you are subbed. Now all these people have unsubbed and have no place to let EA know they are affected. I keep checking back daily hoping to see something. Maybe after the first of the year......

Another problem with this system is you can only post here if you are subbed. Now all these people have unsubbed and have no place to let EA know they are affected. I keep checking back daily hoping to see something. Maybe after the first of the year......

I agree. Honestly, the worst part about this is how silent the developers have been on this issue. Like we get it, you are aware of it. But we are approaching a MONTH without an update on this. I have lost money due to this issue while being subscribed. All we want, is an update every few days - week. It is totally fine if the problem is complicated to fix, but at least show us that you are trying to fix it. Right now it feels like they could care less that we are losing money on our subscriptions, not to mention time that could have been spent getting ready for the next expansion.

I don't want to quit, I really don't. lol. But man does it suck when it feels like they just don't care.

All that's known so far is that it's a "known issue" which basically means they have it on a list on the wayside. Could be fixed in 7.0, 7.1a, 7.2, or hopefully sooner. Usually for a situation revolving NEW hardware as laptops will have 12600k CPUs and so on which are a good chunk of this games audience, it should be the highest. FTP players are restricted beyond belief despite this game wanting to grow and they can't report their issues on the forums either. But hey, BW did a great job at fixing the ability to purchase cartel coins immediately yesterday lol. Just venting some frustration until its fixed.

But hey, BW did a great job at fixing the ability to purchase cartel coins immediately yesterday lol.

Yeh I noticed that, says a lot about their priorities! Unfortunately we are dealing with a company that's happy to take your cash but doesn't give a crap about providing any customer service once they've got it. 5 weeks of no service today for me & I'm annoyingly subbed a few months into next year.... I imagine the quality Bioware service will continue doing nothing for quite sometime too...

Big sad we don't have an update after a month'ish. Would really love to play :(

You and me both. All we are getting is cut and paste answers from CS/Dev's, even a "This is a real tough cookie to crack, we are working on it", would be better than "We are aware"

Edited by ClanNeeb

Guys,

Let's open in-game support ticket for all of you that have another way to access the game as subscriber.

daily noise in their support center may be a good addition to this thread.

I personally appreciate the sentiment, but I doubt that'll do any good. I've had in-game tickets closed on me without ever being acknowledged. This game's customer support just isn't what it needs to be.

I personally appreciate the sentiment, but I doubt that'll do any good. I've had in-game tickets closed on me without ever being acknowledged. This game's customer support just isn't what it needs to be.

The french support just answered me, offered me to freeze my subscrition time.

that's possible via phone call to their service apparently.

same issue here i tried to start the game in my new PC from steam trying to start the game after i installed it and it says "installing microsoft VC redist package" and when its over the game crashes after its download is over is this issue close of being fixed cause i got subscription and now cant play :/

Processor: 12th Gen Intel® Core i7-12700K (20 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Edited by soulsmasterr

I am having the same problem with running the game on i5 12600k. Since i changed platform i can't play my favorite game. If tomorrow it won't issue a hotfix, I'll miss a great opportunity to unlock items in my collection. I will be very pissed if this happens and I do not rule out unsubscribing and switching to another mmo game.