Issue with the Launcher and Intel i7-12700k

digitalfreak

We have passed more than a month without service or even a fix ETA.

I will be contacting my bank for a chargeback for the last month of stolen game time.

Can't say I blame you. Taking people's money for a service only for it to not be available is thievery, plain and simple. There's no skirting around it. Unless they credit everyone who hasn't been able to play on account of not addressing the issue in a timely manner, then EA is certainly robbing people.

To the devs: When will this issue be fixed? We all know you're aware of it, but you haven't corrected the problem nor have you communicated when we can expect it to be corrected. If that isn't the epitome of poor customer service, I don't know what is.

This was the only game I was playing prior to upgrading to 12th gen. Since then I have checked this thread twice a day hoping for an update. All the relevant information from affected users has been provided. EA, please prioritize a patch to allow people who were unfortunate enough to "upgrade" to play their favorite game again.

So, Legacy of the Sith has been pushed back to 15 February, 2022. I can only hope that's in large part to address this crazy Alder Lake issue. Regardless, it still doesn't address the issue of subscription time burning while being unable to play the game. I'm about to cancel my sub for the time being, and I probably should have already.

I have been a huge fan of this game, on and off subscriptions for years and always thought the devs were fairly active and responsive, but this has been an insanely huge headache and annoyance. It's fine that this is an issue, and I understand that things take time to fix, but the silence from the devs other than the occasional "we are looking into it" just isn't cutting it. This isn't like a simple bug inside the game, us with Alder lake chips just cannot even access the launcher, let alone the game. I have waisted a whole month of subscription time waiting for this to be fixed without even a small update on what's being done or an explanation on why this is happening. I think I speak for most of us here, I hope we at the very least get free subscription time for this MAJOR inconvenience.

Okay so allow me to quickly sum up what I'm into.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-12700KF Alder Lake 12th Gen

Video Card: NVIDI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR ATX

Issue with SWTOR Launcher:

Launcher flashes on bottom taskbar for 1~2 sec & closes itself automatically.

I tried:

1. Gigabyte BIOS update to latest version & used DRM Fix tool.

2. Opening launcher via Steam / Installation straight from SWTOR website.

3. Modified Launcher. file via notepad

Nothing's working so far. Since my first attempt, BIOS update solved issue with all other games, I thin this issue is unique with SWTOR launcher alone.

I understands Devs are really busy at the moment for new LOTS expansion, but this issue should be their prioirty number 1.

I can see lots of loyal customers, who are unable to play the game for more than a month.

And there's nothing we've got so far, except "We know about the issue. Wait for further notice". Talk about Sincerity.

I'm not looking for Devs to fix the issue with a snap of a finger, but at least you could tell us what is being done & how

do you plan to fix it. Possible ETA would be better to calm down these poor souls.

Edited by haruchunbun

Well, that's that. I just cancelled my subscription. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've spent at least $2K on this game over the last decade and probably twice as many hours playing it, so this wasn't an easy decision to make. But, I'm not going to continue paying when I can't play the game even as F2P. And before all the "Bye, Felicia" comments role in, I'll say that if the guys in charge care to fix the launcher issue I'll probably resub. Unless that happens, I'm forced to be done. For those of you who have prepaid for something like a 180-day subscription, I feel bad for you. All I can suggest is contacting customer service for a refund. Otherwise, the level of care for the customers of this game is detestable.

Hi folks,

Thank you for reporting the issues you all encounter with the Launcher.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information to provide.

Hello - it's been nearly a month since this post. This issue will only continue to grow as more and more people upgrade their PC's, thus resulting in more canceled subscriptions. I hope you will make this issue of higher importance and fix it. I was really hoping to enjoy my xmas vacation playing this game. Doesn't seem that I will be able to.

Reporting that I fixed the same launcher issue where you would see it opening from the task bar but then disappearing. I have a Kaby Lake CPU (i9 9900K) and full specs are below for reference.

The method posted here below worked for me. I turned off running as administrator for the launcher.exe and the SWTOR.exe then did a search on PC for the steam_appid.txt file. two instances came up and I deleted both. I then attempted to open the launcher. This worked, and subsequently the game launched.

I realize this issue may still be persisting for the Alderlake CPUS, sucks if so but I want you all to know I feel your pain, I was so close to cancelling sub and just giving up.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k @ 3.60GHz (Kaby Lake 14nm Technology)

RAM: 32.0GB

Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) (LGA1151) 29 °C

Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (MSI) - SLI Disabled

Reporting that I fixed the same launcher issue where you would see it opening from the task bar but then disappearing. I have a Kaby Lake CPU (i9 9900K) and full specs are below for reference.

The method posted here below worked for me. I turned off running as administrator for the launcher.exe and the SWTOR.exe then did a search on PC for the steam_appid.txt file. two instances came up and I deleted both. I then attempted to open the launcher. This worked, and subsequently the game launched.

I realize this issue may still be persisting for the Alderlake CPUS, sucks if so but I want you all to know I feel your pain, I was so close to cancelling sub and just giving up.

I unfortunately just think it's how the 12th gens were designed along with combination of a 10 year old game is the issue, I don't think any methods like this can sadly fix the problem we're all having, pretty sure we've all tried a multitude of all these at this point and tried almost anything else to get it to work...Appreciate the thought though.

Any hope that the day 14 patch can fix this?

We continue to lose time from active subscriptions and the frustration of not receiving news is only going to increase. :(

Ya at this point it really is aggravating, this was one of the only games I was interested in playing again after I got my new PC (cause I'm new and just beat up to Chapter 3 for Sith Warrior), and wanted to start the other expansion/DLC content for more story and bam, non working launcher. Lol I can't imagine how it's going for the people who've been sitting here waiting a month for something as simple as an answer other than "the team is working on it still" or "we're still looking into it" as if those statements are gonna make anyone feel any better.

Here it is already 1 month that I have a subscription for nothing I have just canceled it because paying for nothing it is useless on everything especially that there is no communication coming from the editor it is really not professional at all

Anything yet from devs?

On the same boat as everyone else here. Paying for active sub, and cant even log in. Is there a way we can bypass launcher?

Nothing from the devs sadly, nothing from anyone really except that more people are having this problem as time goes on, and yet still no word after a month. It's kinda sad honestly. Lol

We will be taking the servers offline on December 14, 2021 to deploy Game Update 6.3.2b.

Details:

DATE: December 14, 2021

TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM UTC)

VERSION: 6.3.2b

Patch notes will be available on Monday.

Perhaps this patch includes something to address Alder Lake not being able to start the game... seems like they could release some patch notes as it is not far away.

same problem for me with 12900k, I was searching since 2 days and found this forum post !

any news ?

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO SWTOR Launcher [Core:U2021.0.33 Lib:P1.6] initialized.

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO File info: D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\launcher.exe size=8042696, created=9/8/2021 14:56:48, accessed=12/13/2021 0:29:6, written=3/2/2021 12:29:8

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Initializing download manager

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Loaded settings from D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\launcher-app.settings

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Loaded agreements from D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\eula.settings

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Loaded settings from D:\StarWarsTheOldRepublic\launcher.settings

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Sending crash dumps to [https://patcher-crash.swtor.com/crashcatch]

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO completeLauncherInit()

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO -----------------------------(-60)-----------------------------

2021-12-13 00:48:30 INFO Timezone: -60

Edited by Ubain