Issue with the Launcher and Intel i7-12700k

digitalfreak

Same problem that everyone since I changed my configuration for a 12900k more possible since the beginning of the month to launch the game can do the necessary please I tried with the swtor launcher and the one to steam the problem remains the same Edited by zooma

I heard some motherboard manufacturers have a temp fix. Try it and report back to us!

ie: If you a Gigabyte Z690 motherboard, google search "Gigabyte DRM Fix Tool"

This won't do anything. Multiple people in this thread have already tried disabling the E cores completely without success.

This won't do anything. Multiple people in this thread have already tried disabling the E cores completely without success.

The DRM fix isn't disabling cores, my dude. It WILL do something, and that is on a hardware level allow the new 12th gen to be recognized by DRM....

"Scroll Lock workaround" or "Gigabyte DRM Fix Tool" uses intel's workaround "Legacy Game Compatibility Mode" that dynamically place E-cores on standby (parking E-cors).

I have tried the "Scroll Lock workaround", I bought the Process Lasso program where you can decide for yourself which cpu cores a program may use, I have tried to turn off E-cores in bios, I tried to run windows in virtual machine, tried to run swtor from steam. However none of these make the launcher work, so if this is a DRM problem then it works in a different way.

I'm on i9-12900k (TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4) and windows 11.

EA & BioWare how are you doing with this Launcher problem?. When will we get an update on this?

Hi folks,

Our team is still looking into the known issue players with a 12th gen Intel CPU (ex.: i7-12700K Processor "Alder Lake") and Windows 10 or 11 installations encounter.

For now, there is no additional information to provide. I'll update you when I know more.

Well you can tell us if you are going to add the lost days onto our accounts once this is resolved, as it stands I've already had 21 days of no service. This should be the highest priority bug you are dealing with for obvious reasons it's not the typical my pants are clipping my butt bug! Anyway I hope it's being given the priority it deserves and a solution is imminent.

Well you can tell us if you are going to add the lost days onto our accounts once this is resolved, as it stands I've already had 21 days of no service. This should be the highest priority bug you are dealing with for obvious reasons it's not the typical my pants are clipping my butt bug! Anyway I hope it's being given the priority it deserves and a solution is imminent.

My thoughts exactly. No outfit clipping or gathering node issue should be given precedence over not even being able to play the game. I certainly don't know what the issue is, but the lack of priority given to it is the developers suggesting that I should unsubscribe until a fix is implemented. I'm not saying this to be dramatic especially since they're not going to miss my $14.99/month. I just don't like wasting money.

Yes, I have been the same, currently sitting on 10+ days without service. For this to be going on as long as it has, its quite frustrating.

I have an Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME GLACIAL, and they just released a new BIOS that includes 'Support Legacy Game Compatibility Mode to fix DRM (Digital Rights Management) issue'. I enabled it in BIOS, then activated it in Windows 11 (scroll lock key), and still this game will not launch. Asus has been super good with communicating with me, and they are looking into it further.

Honestly, the blame should be on EA and their DRM, not Asus, but Asus has been really helpful so far. I will post updates if anything changes.

I have an Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME GLACIAL, and they just released a new BIOS that includes 'Support Legacy Game Compatibility Mode to fix DRM (Digital Rights Management) issue'. I enabled it in BIOS, then activated it in Windows 11 (scroll lock key), and still this game will not launch. Asus has been super good with communicating with me, and they are looking into it further.

Honestly, the blame should be on EA and their DRM, not Asus, but Asus has been really helpful so far. I will post updates if anything changes.

The blame is on EA. It may not be their fault that Alder Lake suddenly made the launcher incompatible, but it is their responsibility to correct the issue especially if they want to retain customers. Sure, not everyone who plays SWTOR has upgraded to an Intel 12th gen CPU, but those of us who did are being given the cold shoulder and likely due to the devs focusing on 7.0's launch.

Speaking of the launch of 7.0, the devs still haven't learned their lesson from expansions past. Not sure why, but they love introducing expansions in a buggy state around the December time frame, then go on holiday leave for a month. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if the launcher-Alder Lake issue gets prolonged until sometime during Q1 of 2022. Personally, I'm not looking forward to the class changes going into 7.0, marauder particularly, but I at least wanted to try the new combat styles. Since it doesn't look like I'll even be able to do that thanks to this broken launcher mess, this may just be the final nail in the coffin for me when it comes to the game.

My issue is when the launcher opens up I put the password and then it says Unable to login service not available- did this 10 times called support they tried everything and could not resolve it anyone knows how?

That's more than what the rest of us using 12th gen CPUs are able to do. What CPU are you running, and which version of Windows? Did you do an upgrade from Windows 10 to 11, out of curiosity, or did you do a clean install of Windows 11 if you're using that OS?

It must be specific DRM that's being blocked, I can run Jedi Academy, GTA 3, Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, etc just ok with a 12900k that I set up yesterday. When I try launching SWTOR not even the executable shows up for me in task manager and just closes. -Hopefully- they fix it at 7.0 since this issue has been known for near a month tops.

Yep 12900kf and it just won't open i get the box for like 1 sec no window opens then pop it's gone.

Honestly this is a massive bummer since my mates just got back into the game and i can't even join them atm plz give us some ETA on this update or just put a work around in so that we could even get on.

I know the new XPAX is coming out soon but at this rate you are going to have alot of really pissed people not even able to play before and after it releases.