How about that inflation eh?

I mad a lot of money selling components the purple ones stacks of 100 for like 80-150m each depending on the type. It helps if you have the guild crafting buff to use when your crafting them. I'd make like 500 or so of each type for that profession. It's super time consuming but at the time I had a really laggy PC so sitting around crafting and selling is all I really did for a while. A couple months ago I was selling 100 stacks for 50m to a buddy and then he said he was stocked up pretty good and didn't really need anymore so I checked the gtn and they were selling for double that sometimes more and I just kept making them.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody offered to sell Tulak Hord's lightsaber last night. "PM me". So I did, and asked how much.

"6 BILLION credits", was his reply.

Too rich for my blood, but I do believe he sold the thing a short while later. Speculation on the part of the buyer? Very few in game? Who knows.

SIX BILLION credits.

LMAO, don’t ever pay stupid prices like that. I purchased 2 last week for less than 200 million.

Said this on another thread, but could use repeating here

"The issue isn't inflation, it's people want what others have without working for it, or paying for it.

ANY sub can make money in this game, with either hard work, or a credit card. The choice is theirs.

If a pref wants to complain, let them sub, then do what the rest of us do.

It's easier now to make credits, then it ever was."

"The issue isn't inflation, it's people want what others have without working for it, or paying for it.

ANY sub can make money in this game, with either hard work, or a credit card. The choice is theirs.

You know me and know I’ve a tonne of credits. I can literally buy anything I want when ever I want. Credits aren’t hard to come by for me and I’ve no problem working to get them.

But the issue really is inflation when people are circumventing the 1 billion limit on the GTN because they want to sell for more. The games economy were never designed for selling items higher than 1 billion credits.

Bioware need to consider how they are going to handle that because the best credit sink in the game is very quickly becoming in effective at removing large sums of credits. And that will just accelerate inflation more.

Bioware can either increase the GTN cap or they cap how much players can trade one on one or they can put systems in place to fight the inflation that’s pushed the prices above 1 billion or they can do all 3.

But they need to do something.

The games economy were never designed for selling items higher than 1 billion credits.

What is the basis for this claim? The credit limits are 4 billion and up (going to 100 billion) in various credit storage systems in the game; so, the above extraordinary claim needs some extraordinary evidence.

Bioware need to consider how they are going to handle that because the best credit sink in the game is very quickly becoming in effective at removing large sums of credits. And that will just accelerate inflation more.

Inflation happens when too much money chases too few goods. BW can introduce more goods at lower CC prices (at the cost of revenue) or reduce money being pumped into the system; thanks to all this QQ'ing on the forums, they chose the latter. Now Conquest will take longer and award lower rewards, thereby reducing the creation of new money. Who does this hurt? The players who are new, who don't have billions in the bank.

Bioware can either increase the GTN cap or they cap how much players can trade one on one or they can put systems in place to fight the inflation that’s pushed the prices above 1 billion or they can do all 3.

I wrote about how bad these kind of bad real-world solutions will be in this game world. But I'll point to a more recent post by Steve, though he calls it a problem and I don't.

But they need to do something.

You - as a long timer - should know better than to ask BW to do something. The problem is that they actually might do something; but they usually bring a machete to brain surgery and operate on the wrong patient to boot.

Edited by mike_carton

Yeah, it's a lot easier to make credits. But not all of us are dropping hundreds of dollars into hypercrates. The Revan Reborn set for example is nigh unattainable through GTN, even for a sub.

Yeah, it's a lot easier to make credits. But not all of us are dropping hundreds of dollars into hypercrates. The Revan Reborn set for example is nigh unattainable through GTN, even for a sub.

That's not how you make money.

That's how you *buy* money.

Big difference.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I came back to the game with around 200 million credits on my main (and nothing on the rest, pretty much).

I now have over 1 billion on my main and a few hundred million combined on the other characters and in my legacy bank.

And the only thing I've sold on the GTN that I outright bought with real money were 2 sets of the armour you get with the Masters Datacron. And those sold for about 40 million each, so barely a drop in the income for me.

You just need to do some work in-game to make money.

Grind some dailies and weeklies. Sell off your OEM's. Complete conquest on several characters. Sell off materials you've gathered in-game.

It all adds up.

It is now, about 4 months since I came back to the game, and I've made more than 1 billion (counting the fact that I've bought several sets of armour and weapons for hundreds of millions of credits each) in-game by just doing the work.

And I don't even do much *proper* end-game stuff. I mainly do solo class storylines and record them for youtube.

All the dailies and stuff I've done was to increase reputation for the stuff I missed out on when I was unsubscribed for several years.

I've said this in a few places as well. I left the game just before tacticals and amps were a thing. I had more money than I ever needed. I did not buy gear off the GTN and occasionally bought something I wanted from the CM. I came back to the game in 6.2, and despite crafting my own gear and sourcing ~80% of my own mats, I was bankrupted after min/maxing 2 characters (include augs) and 2 more characters (no augs). amps are an absurd money sink. augs are absurdly expensive (for making them yourself; honestly, you might as well buy them).

and buying gear for alts after min/maxing amps actually meant I ran out of credits while having enough tech frags to buy new set pieces for alts. I'm sorry, but w/e the **** is going on with insane money amongst ppl buying/selling CM gear or playing the GTN has made it quite painful for ppl who just play the game...as in (e.g.) do your daily FP or WZ on each toon and do the weekly on each toon. I don't think farming the daily donkey after a carrot CQ/GS SM OP or w/e should be a requirement for doing basic things like putting together aug parts or setting the correct amps. and ffs, when I do dedicate hours to farming mats, the world with the nodes is bugged out (Orderon or Onderon?).

I've played all game versions 1-5 (always subbed), and I've never run into such a credit wall before. even when I go to buy basic mats on the GTN, after giving up on the glitched Onderon nodes, they're crazy expensive or sold out (basic gathering stuff!). iunno man. like I said, money was never a problem despite the same exact gaming habits for the life of the game until 6.x. I don't know exactly what happened...if it's just amps and augs (it's not b/c basic stuff on the GTN is a lot more expensive too), but you cannot tell me everything is fine if you sub. there's something seriously amiss beyond the fact that subs can make tons of money.

Edited by CheesyEZ

• 2 months later...

CheesyEZ you are so right.

I re-subbed just recently to pick up my SWTOR game again, and are about to gear-up my tank and my healer.

Just to realize inflation is running amok, I simply want to get hold of MK-11 and decent augments to increase my shield rating.

But with this cost and me not being hard-core gamer, I mean a rating 286 shield augment 74 has a price of 50.000.000 are you kidding me ***.

Another game where the elitist few can play alone. I am not going to renew for next month.

Use to be able as a causual subber, to buy augments and a few fun armor sets to spice up my characters looks. but now come on.

They need to put some kind of tax on the super rich. this is out of control. I know elitist few will always disagree...

Edited by Baramaethor

And they shot themselves in the foot even more by 1) removing amplifiers, 2) removing matrixes from CQ.

They removed the matrixes from CQ supposedly to help with inflation, which is totally backwards because it was a great way to get rich players to "transfer" their money to poorer ones. And amplifiers were pretty much the only credit sink.

So yeah.

That 1b GTN cap isn't helping either because no credits are lost in fees when people sell items in person over 1b.

If you werent here for the exploits, you can no longer compete.

The GTN for the top items is literally now limited to a handful of players, the rest of us dont even need to bother looking.

what? you didn't need to do any exploits to get tons of credits in this game. Crafting can make you a fortune these days, as can selling Crafting mats. Selling other items you get while playing in game can also net you hundreds of millions of credits if not billions. When 6.0 came out I barely had 1 billion. Now 2 years later I've dwarfed what I had made before 6.0 just by playing the game,

what? you didn't need to do any exploits to get tons of credits in this game. Crafting can make you a fortune these days, as can selling Crafting mats. Selling other items you get while playing in game can also net you hundreds of millions of credits if not billions. When 6.0 came out I barely had 1 billion. Now 2 years later I've dwarfed what I had made before 6.0 just by playing the game,

Maybe one out of every 10 wealthy people in this game did it that way.

Good for you, im happy youre one of them, but you are the minority.

I restarted about four months ago. Started leveling toons, leveling crafting, leveling gathering.

Eventually I started crafting items, available to anybody with a 700 crafter. By the second week I made 180 million before mats cost. Next week I made 340 million before mats cost. Currently I spend around 10 mil a week on mats, and generate 20 to 40 times that, depending on my focus. (I play on Star Forge).

If {WIDGET} is selling for {X} creds, and you can make {WIDGET} with some time and credit expenditure?

START MAKING {WIDGETS}

How exactly do you know this? Where are your statistics coming from?

Look im not trying to offend you, im really not, but we all know the exploits happened... you ant unring that bell.

The method youve chosen has always been available, items didnt cost then what they cost now.

It doesnt rationalize how things have gone up 10 times or more in price is a such a short period of time unless a lot of people suddenly found a lot of expendable credits.

If you werent here for the exploits, you can no longer compete.

The GTN for the top items is literally now limited to a handful of players, the rest of us dont even need to bother looking.

Sorry, but this sort of statement is straight up false and terribly misleading. I never exploited and I’m rich in the game because I spent my time crafting and selling items. I don’t even sell cartel market items I might have to buy direct with CC’s. And 99% of my CC’s are reserved for opening up stuff in collections. I don’t use them to make credits in game.

Look im not trying to offend you, im really not, but we all know the exploits happened... you ant unring that bell.

The method youve chosen has always been available, items didnt cost then what they cost now.

It doesnt rationalize how things have gone up 10 times or more in price is a such a short period of time unless a lot of people suddenly found a lot of expendable credits.

We are talking about exploits that go back 3-5 years at least. They have a negligible effect these days. This hyper inflation issue is a new thing altogether and was mostly created by BioWare’s removal of the CC’s for referral program and the over supply of credits from selling 306 junk and Conquest.

The whole situation was born out of BioWare reducing supply of “free” CM items into the game from the free CC’s you got from referrals. Prices were always going to go up when the flow of free CM items slowed down.

I literally warned everyone in multiple forum posts that this was going to happen. Everyone who frequents the forums had plenty of warning to take measures to prepare. Those of us who heeded the warning signs, prepared by buying up items that were good sellers and have been slowly trickling them back into the market over the last 8 months.

Exactly this ^^

At this time last year I only had about 500 million in credits and thought I was super rich. I kept crafting and trading on the GTN and now I’m over 50 billion credits. I’ve not done any exploiting and frankly, I’ve not really played much the last 14 weeks since BioWare announced all the bulls**t game changes for 7.0.