How about that inflation eh?

No.

Like I mentioned, I only play the stories.

All I wanted was cosmetic stuff.

Ah right, well I do believe they are available in the CM then. Selling cosmetics has been the bread and butter of this game. So either you buy them directly or you buy them off the GTN from a player that feels they can get enough credits for it in this over-inflated economy.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell my what?

And where do I buy rpm/oem mats?

Like I said, I haven't played in a long while, so all of that stuff is new.

Listen, some of you guys seem to miss the bit where I say I'm new... you've been here all this time so you've kept up with trends and changes in the game... I haven't.

So you just stomping in here sayin "oh, you just get X and sell it to buy Y" isn't really helping when I don't know where to get X or where to buy Y.

EDIT: Hell, I had to google-fu the heck out of this just to figure out that your "tech ****" comment meant tech fragments.

For some reasons it starred out my shorthand, didn't notice that at the time.

What I was saying, was even without doing end game, as long as your char is 75, you'll earn renown crates, which you can turn in to tech fragments . Every time you level up you get the crate, you open the crate, put on the better gear that hopefully drops, then deconstruct the rest, You can deconstruct them by clicking on the left icon on the inventory window (top one, looks a bit like a lightsabre handle) then click the items you want to deconstruct , you'll also have gear dropping, which you can deconstruct too. When you reach the 10000 tech fragments , you go to the supplies area, where kai is (anyone on fleet can tell you where) there's a data pad with a mission on it, you click the data pad, you accept the mission, then go to the bizzare, where you can click a crate, and there you pick which mat you would like. Normally I leave the mission open, and go to the gtn, there I check which is selling for the most, then pick it.

You should get at least 40 million for 1.

Edited by DarkTergon

Did you google the RPM/OEMs and how to get them from tech frags?

If you still need help, ask and we’ll try and help you.

Yes, that's how I found out he was talking about tech fragments.

Googled "oem swtor".

Then how to get them.

Then went through a bunch of results and found mention of tech fragments.

Then I had to google that.

And then I had to ask in-game how to deconstruct items because I had forgotten that you could even do that.

So... he could have saved me a bunch of trouble by just telling me how to do it ;)

It’s not hard. Learn to craft and spend sometime doing that to make credits. Then you can afford what ever you want. If that doesn’t work for you, then buy cartel coins and buy the stuff off the cartel market.

I sold off my mats and made a few million off that.

Also sold off a black/black dye that I had saved for future inflation and made 200 mil off that.

I'm getting there.

But it's easier (and if I calculated correctly, better) to sell off mats than to craft and sell.

Especially since the only thing I really craft is dyes.

Ah right, well I do believe they are available in the CM then. Selling cosmetics has been the bread and butter of this game. So either you buy them directly or you buy them off the GTN from a player that feels they can get enough credits for it in this over-inflated economy.

And that was the entire issue.

Like I said, before I left the game, the stuff that was "expensive" was in the tens of millions.

Now it's way more than half a billion for the "expensive" stuff.

Hell, the stuff that's considered decently priced is still in the tens of millions.

The inflation is quite heavy.

For some reasons it starred out my shorthand, didn't notice that at the time.

What I was saying, was even without doing end game, as long as your char is 75, you'll earn renown crates, which you can turn in to tech fragments . Every time you level up you get the crate, you open the crate, put on the better gear that hopefully drops, then deconstruct the rest, You can deconstruct them by clicking on the left icon on the inventory window (top one, looks a bit like a lightsabre handle) then click the items you want to deconstruct , you'll also have gear dropping, which you can deconstruct too. When you reach the 10000 tech fragments , you go to the supplies area, where kai is (anyone on fleet can tell you where) there's a data pad with a mission on it, you click the data pad, you accept the mission, then go to the bizzare, where you can click a crate, and there you pick which mat you would like. Normally I leave the mission open, and go to the gtn, there I check which is selling for the most, then pick it.

You should get at least 40 million for 1.

Thank you :)

Googled "oem swtor".

Then how to get them.

And then I had to ask in-game how to deconstruct items because I had forgotten that you could even do that.

So... he could have saved me a bunch of trouble by just telling me how to do it ;)

I decided to sell all my OEM/RPMs today that I’d been saving up. I made a billion credits in two hours of selling them. It’s definitely worth your time to farm tech frags to convert to them.

I decided to sell all my OEM/RPMs today that I’d been saving up. I made a billion credits in two hours of selling them. It’s definitely worth your time to farm tech frags to convert to them.

I've decided that I won't be doing much farming.

I'll do the GS, and that's it.

Other than that, I'm gonna focus on the stories.

That said, I'm sure I'll get a bunch of tech frags from doing the GS stuff, so there's that.

Is there any point to checking if you can scrap stuff while leveling a new character? Or is it just "end game stuff" that can be scrapped?

Like I said, before I left the game, the stuff that was "expensive" was in the tens of millions.

Hell, the stuff that's considered decently priced is still in the tens of millions.

It's an issue for a lot of players not just returning players. Think of actual new players and how much starting capital they have.

However, you can buy them with CC. Those prices are fixed. I know you're gonna tell me now that you don't want to spend real money on it but what you need to do is play for some time and gather credits in game, because the credits are much easier to come by than before. It's not like you can return to an MMO after 2 years and be up-to-date right away.

Now I don't think BW handled the in-game economy very well but you have one false expectation and that players are entitled to reasonable prices on the GTN for stuff bought at the CM. But since people selling them pay real money for those items, they get to set the prices.

What I do is to buy certain items off the CM like Black Dyes. You got CC for having a security key for the last two years and now you're subbed again that's 600 CC a month. They're still 1500 CC but they cost around 200M credits on the GTN. That's the lazy way of making credits but the point is that it's entirely much easier than before to make credits in game. Selling crafting materials is another or indeed crafting if that's something you're into. The list is endless.

So no, I don't think this inflation is good, but yes you can deal with it in many ways and if you just came back just take some time to discover them. I don't think BW is going to fix this problem anytime soon or at all anyway.

Googled "oem swtor".

Then how to get them.

The entitlement is strong with this one.

I suppose you missed the bit where I said I don't play end-game content like that.

I agree with you about the inflation, having come back after a few years myself, but....

what in the holy hell would you need to buy in order to do story content? You can roll through that with green gear/mods, auto attacking, and the $$$ you get from turning in quests.

edit: except that spirit of vengeance sm "fp." lol

Edited by CheesyEZ

The best cartel market item I’ve seen for converting CCs to Credits on the GTN is the “character server slot” token. This allows you to open up another character slot if you max out the free ones. The current cost is 600cc and they sell for 180,000,000 to 300,000,000 on Star Forge (I’m not sure about the other servers). You also only have 2-3 of the same people selling to compete with. Where as there are so many black black dyes normally that the price gets driven down a lot.

I agree with you about the inflation, having come back after a few years myself, but....

what in the holy hell would you need to buy in order to do story content? You can roll through that with green gear/mods, auto attacking, and the $$$ you get from turning in quests.

edit: except that spirit of vengeance sm "fp." lol

I don't *have* to buy anything.

But since I want to look a certain way when playing, I want to buy certain stuff. Since the original outfits and weapons that were released with the game were really ugly, IMHO.

Look, we can go back and forth on the whole "you don't need to buy anything" discussion.

Point was, inflation has skyrocketed.

You can talk about all the side issues you want, but the fact is inflation is out of hand.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

The entitlement is strong with this one.

Never said he should... I said he could.

I'm essentially a new player.

And all he had to say was "just use your tech **** and buy *insert strange name of material here* and sell it on the GTN".

That's hardly as helpful as you might think as a regular player that knows all those terms.

I don't *have* to buy anything.

But since I want to look a certain way when playing, I want to buy certain stuff. Since the original outfits and weapons that were released with the game were really ugly, IMHO.

Look, we can go back and forth on the whole "you don't need to buy anything" discussion.

Point was, inflation has skyrocketed.

You can talk about all the side issues you want, but the fact is inflation is out of hand.

Buddy, I was responding to what you wrote. And my FIRST *********** sentence was to agree with the main point of the thread.

You did not indicate that what you could not afford was cosmetic stuff.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Buddy, I was responding to what you wrote. And my FIRST *********** sentence was to agree with the main point of the thread.

You did not indicate that what you could not afford was cosmetic stuff.

I also never indicated that it was something I *needed* to play.

I clearly stated that it was stuff I *wanted*.

Yep the inflation has been ridiculous over the last two years. So you either need to make money now (which can go really fast) or you have to buy them at the CM. Your credits from before will not be enough. I wonder if BW thinks that's fine cause it makes you play or makes you pay :rolleyes:

I believe that the prices on the GTN are so high now because of the level 75 gear and mods are over the top expensive and people are trying to sell items for enough credits to purchase them. Prior to lvl 75, items on the GTN were reasonable, so I don't think it's just a coincidence.

I believe that the prices on the GTN are so high now because of the level 75 gear and mods are over the top expensive and people are trying to sell items for enough credits to purchase them. Prior to lvl 75, items on the GTN were reasonable, so I don't think it's just a coincidence.

The thing is that the fact that they're expensive, means that there are enough people who can afford those prices. Just making them more expensive doesn't cause inflation but inflation means that prices go up. And what causes inflation is the amount of credits people gain.

The game provides lots of credits for all sorts of things but there are two things that create inflation especially. Exploits that generate limitless credits. For example a vendor that sells items for 1 credit by mistake and buys the same item for 1000 credits. So by buying from that vendor and selling it back you can gain 999 credits per item. Just an example.

The other thing is credit sellers. So they do things 24/7 that a normal person can't do, because they are using bots. So they can generate credits in game.

Don't forget, the GTN takes credits from players each time because of the GTN tax. And this is players spending credits. The influx of extra credits has to come from the game itself. So items that create credits like rewards. So when the credit sinks don't keep up with those rewards enough you also get inflation because there are more credits coming in the economy than going out.

I have a dumb question. Is there a reason why they chose to not give us the ability to request certain items for a certain price, similar to the trade post system in GW2? Would that not solve some of the problems with ridiculous prices, or am I missing something here? Granted, I'm not market savvy.

I have a dumb question. Is there a reason why they chose to not give us the ability to request certain items for a certain price, similar to the trade post system in GW2? Would that not solve some of the problems with ridiculous prices, or am I missing something here? Granted, I'm not market savvy.

I think it will be the same since there are always people here who can and will offer more. The problem is inflation and GW2 is pretty low on inflation compared to this game and that's for multiple reasons that you need together to be effective.

I think it will be the same since there are always people here who can and will offer more. The problem is inflation and GW2 is pretty low on inflation compared to this game and that's for multiple reasons that you need together to be effective.
Ah, okay. Well that's a bit disappointing.

• 3 months later...

The inflation is pretty crazy but it has made a lot of money I'm almost at 100 billion now, but I stopped buying crates since they cost over 1b. But I really haven't tried asking in trade to see if I could get them for less I finally got a new gaming PC so I can actually do more things than just craft components or sell cartel items. I started playing other games I could never play on that old Walmart pos PC. But I still check every few days waiting for this new expac content.

Edit: I been playing Everquest and the market is no where near as crazy as it is here it's like 2 million for a krono which gives you 30 day game time. If that was in this game right now it would be worth billions at this point lol.

Edited by Bxvx

Somebody offered to sell Tulak Hord's lightsaber last night. "PM me". So I did, and asked how much.

"6 BILLION credits", was his reply.

Too rich for my blood, but I do believe he sold the thing a short while later. Speculation on the part of the buyer? Very few in game? Who knows.

SIX BILLION credits.

As an update, I now have more than 1 billion credits on my main (and that's after buying a bunch of stuff off the GTN for hundreds of millions of credits along the way).

I have about 100 million in my legacy bank and around 1-2 million on all other characters (I've got around 18-20 characters, I think).

So, it turns out it's not all that hard to make the money if you just set your mind to it.

And I barely even did that. I didn't do end-game stuff or anything like that.

I just played the game and played the GTN a bit.