Your list of demands!

Stradlin

Scenario: You got one billion dollars to spend on TOR. You do it on condition that all of your whims are devs' desires. You decide what happens to the game and where your money goes. What sort of improvements and additions will you push through? Just some idle potentially fun cloud castle business. Edited by Stradlin

- New class&new class story: Pilot. One for Republic and Imperial Navy both. These two stories bind together and provide Some 100 hours worth of proper hard military scifi, no space wizard goofyness!

- Two massive single player campaigns for GSF. Rep and Imp both get one. Mix of scripted&wrfitten and procedually generated missions. At least 150 for both factions. These campaigns form the core part of the Pilot class stories.

- New maps for ye olde GSF! Historical Battles-series where False Emperor, Taral V and every other major FP that has space combat happening on bcground gets its own GSF map. There's some modest interactivity between pilots and ground teams doing any of the relevant FPs.

- Actual in-game hangar that stores players' starfighters. Watch your ships getting maintained, admire customizations. Your GSF achis and stats turn into various posters on hangar walls.

- TOR gets its own space sandbox similar to Elite: Dangerous. Players and guilds can form fleets, haul stuff in vast convoys, raid convoys of others. Players can explore the outer rim or mine.

- Hood toggle!

Edited by Stradlin

Scenario: You got one billion dollars to spend on TOR. You do it on condition that all of your whims are devs' desires. You decide what happens to the game and where your money goes. What sort of a TOR will you create?

Just some idle potentially fun cloud castle business.

- New class&new class story: Pilot. One for Republic and Imperial Navy both. These two stories bind together and provide Some 100 hours worth of proper hard military scifi, no space wizard goofyness!

- Massive single player campaign for GSF. Mix of scripted&wrfitten and procedually generated missions. At least 150 for both factions. These campaigns form the core part of the Pilot class stories.

- New maps for ye olde GSF! Historical Battles-series where False Emperor, Taral V and every other major FP that has space combat happening on bcground is turned into a GSF map.

- Actual in-game hangar that stores players' starfighters. Watch your ships getting maintained, admire customizations. Your GSF achis turn into various posters on hangar walls and other nifty cosmetics.

- TOR gets its own space sandbox similar to Elite: Dangerous. Players and guilds can form fleets, haul stuff in vast convoys, raid convoys of others. Players can explore the outer rim or mine.

- Hood toggle!

I like you... and your ideas and add...hmmmm... being able to retreive single items from unlocked CM armor sets

Scrap the whole thing and build Star Wars: Galaxies 2.0 with a hybrid of NGE and original class advancement, Jump to lightspeed and all the later improvements from the last 4-5 years of the game....

Scenario: You got one billion dollars to spend on TOR. You do it on condition that all of your whims are devs' desires. You decide what happens to the game and where your money goes. What sort of improvements and additions will you push through? Just some idle potentially fun cloud castle business.

Billion dollars, huh?

1. Complete replatforming of the game in a 64-bit DX 12 Unreal 5 client (that doesn't crash switching servers)

--- If people's 15-year-old boxes can't run that, they can play the old version on a separate "legacy server"

--- Completely re-designed high-poly count characters and NPCs

--- Skin / hair / eye color determined by a high-gamut color wheel (higher than EQ2's) not a limited palette

--- Multi-channel armors rather than just two-channel armors for dyes, including metallic, marble, & opalescent

--- Teen-to-elder toons -- from Paul (Bonecrusher) on Ord Mantel to the wrinkliest old man you can think of

--- Body sliders. Everywhere, including faces (no more swapping between a limited number of facial types).

--- High-polygpon geometry wrapped in hi-resolution textures (no more low-res ignorant UV mapping errors)

--- Hoods / no hoods toggle (or other means to accommodate the same effect)

--- Dynamic hair (hair that moves when you do). No more toothpaste for hair.

--- Day / Night cycle

--- Weather cycle

--- Swimming / diving mechanics in water

--- All fire burns, not just some instances

--- Slippery / low-friction ice

--- Rivers have currents that will slowly push you downstream like in Skyrim

--- No-go walls instead of exhaustion zones (you simply can't progress in a given direction, rather than die)

2. Complete rewrite of the storyline:

--- to fix the myriad story holes / inconsistencies (my Jedi force-destroys a wall on Taris, but on Ziost...?)

--- to incorporate SSRs from the very beginning

--- Five factions instead of two: Sith, Jedi, Imperial, Republic, Underworld (for bounty hunters + smugglers)

--- Force blind means force blind, no exceptions

--- Separate story lines for force wielders versus gun slingers (no more over-the-shoulder cannons for a force wielder to get into the final tower on Ziost)

3. Completely separate stat and ability foundations for PvP versus PvE. No more having one play style affect the other, ever

How much money do I have left at this point?

4. No more ridiculously small zones. Everything Alderaan-sized or bigger, and completely re-imagined

5. No more open-world heroic quest objectives where people stand in line to kill NPCs or click updates

6. I'm not in Australia, but to make Trixxie happy, a data center in Australia, wherever she wants.

7. Advertising for the game, everywhere. Web sites. Radio. TV. Half-time during the Superbowl. Get the word out.

8. Build-a-bear type personal starships where we can design our own one module at a time (no more Jedi Defender Corvettes with ZERO place to bunk the crew).

9. A customer service center where English is every employee's first language and everyone is FULLY trained on every aspect of the game as well as billing and account management. No more outsourcing to an external customer service bureau where people neither understand nor care what they're doing.

Am I out of money yet?

10. Fully supported RSS feeds to export guild data as well in-game means to tabulate guild data:

-- By level, subscriber type, activity level, adventure class, crafting class, and legacy

-- Tabulations for % active, % subscriber

11. ONE GUILD FOR ALL FACTIONS -- no more creating multiple guilds just to serve the exact same players across factions

12. Free character transfers across servers

13. No Galactic Seasons, and certainly no situation like the GS Fleet stronghold in which you can earn/purchase a stronghold on one server but the blasted thing doesn't transfer with your legacy when you copy a toon to another server

14. In-game guild search feature where people can filter on:

-- guild type (PvP / PvE / Casual / Conquest / 18+ / Cathars Only / Bounty Hunters Only / whatever)

-- guild membership size

-- age of guild (when it was created)

-- activity level of guild (% players logged on in the last 15 days)

15. Standing legacy-wide guild invitations, meaning where if one person is invited to a guild, all of that player's characters legacy wide are then eligible to self-enroll into the guild without having to wait for an invite.

16. A perpetual intellectual property license from the House of Mouse so we don't have to worry about contract expiration.

17. A far cheaper / faster way to unlock guild flagships.

--- Multiple flagships

--- Multiple strongholds

18. x / y / z positioning, rotating, and scaling of decorations rather than hook-based.

19. Crafting:

--- No more ridiculous mat requirements

--- 10 comps can craft up to 10 items each instead of a max of 8 comps crafting 5 things at a time

--- All recipes for all crafting types available to craft on a single toon, including slicing

20. True flying mounts you can pilot anywhere up to any altitude (at least over mountains) in a given zone.

21. A targetless (and long-distance) force-leap akin to what Thanaton accomplishes in a cut scene on Corellia.

OP: Please start a new thread with this exact same question in about 5 months, I'm sure by then I'll want to vent again.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Replace the game engine. don't tinker. don't upgrade. replace. spend it all on that. with whatever's left...

regular updates every 6 months that include 1 new instanced event alternating with 1 new planet or planet expansion.

regular class balance changes every 3 months with meta changes every 12 months (e.g. for meta, madness sorc cannot always be the red-headed step-child, or one spec cannot be perpetually "the pvp spec" while another is "the ops spec").

Billion dollars, huh?

6. I'm not in Australia, but to make Trixxie happy, a data center in Australia, wherever she wants.

8. Build-a-bear type personal starships where we can design our own one module at a time (no more Jedi Defender Corvettes with ZERO place to bunk the crew).

# 6 Give Australia 2 centres that should make Trixxie ecstatic.

#8 I'd like to be able to lie down on my bed in my cabin sometimes.

Also would like LIVE events like we had in MxO.

Edited by LeMage

I would re-design the forums so that people who came to the forums had their characters visible.

No thanks, I've ticked off some really rabid people on the forums over the years and I wouldn't want them stalking and harassing me in the game as well.

Edited by xordevoreaux

No thanks, I've ticked off some really rabid people on the forums over the years and I wouldn't want them stalking and harassing me in the game as well.

Agreed on the part I do not want people knowing who I am just by having information on the forum, not that I have made that many people mad, but I don't need the hassle of those that I may not want to know who I am on the game. If I want someone to know I will tell them myself.

for one billion dollars.

i going to first move the EU servers away from irland and move to the a central location in the EU.

and the second thing i am going to do with it is to remake the game with a custom build game engine that will run good on all type grafic cards.

and if there is money left hire some good developers and staff for the game that listings to the feedback from all the communety members on the forum if something is wrong.

What I wanted for the space part of this game from the very beginning.

Star Wars Galaxies JTL 2.0

Complete with 100% crafting overhaul for spaceship parts where you can customize stats for the various parts and 100% free roaming space areas above the planets with solo and group based PVE objective.

This belongs in suggestions, FYI.

For me

- hood toggle

- being able to set the price per item in the GTN (10 years and it's still not there man. ***)

- bigger differences in stories for joining back your old faction, staying independent, being saboteur

- have saboteurs be recognized as the opposite faction (at least in story scenes/new zones)