Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

It stops at Alderaan as the rest of the description is cut off; I got this today and completed it on Balmorra.

I did one heroic on Alderaan and then I tried doing Balmorra heroics and I did two of them before I realised it wasn't updating the daily objective. I then went and did more heroics on Alderaan and it updated. So I don't know.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough the one time I got the "Do 3 heroics on Alderaan, Balmora, or Corellia" it then specifically said I had to do Alderaan and yes, only the heroics on Alderaan counted.

I did mine on Corellia. All 3 planets count if it says all 3.

There are some that are only 1 planet but those specifically state 1 planet.

Esentially PO -Coreworlds- means all 3, but once you do 1 on one planet you have to do all 3 on that planet. PO -Alderaan- means only Alderaan

Edited by Suzsi

I did mine on Corellia. All 3 planets count if it says all 3.

There are some that are only 1 planet but those specifically state 1 planet.

Yeah, the title said, "Do 3 heroics on Coreward Planets: Alderaan, Balmoraa, or Corellia". Then the actual description said "Alderaan" - which I did not notice until I did the heroics on Balmorra and it didn't update. I just wish the title matched the description more closely.

Yeah, the title said, "Do 3 heroics on Coreward Planets: Alderaan, Balmoraa, or Corellia". Then the actual description said "Alderaan" - which I did not notice until I did the heroics on Balmorra and it didn't update. I just wish the title matched the description more closely.

Mine said Alderaan 0/3 but when I did one on Corellia it changed.

Maybe there's a Heroic on Balmorra thats just not counting at all? Heroics can be weird like that.

Mine said Alderaan 0/3 but when I did one on Corellia it changed.

Maybe there's a Heroic on Balmorra thats just not counting at all? Heroics can be weird like that.

That could certainly be it. Ugh I can't even remember which one I did - and now that I think about it more, it was only one. I was just about to go and do Toxic Bombs when I checked and realised the one I had just done didn't count.

Oh! I did Project Hexapod. Maybe I'll remember to test it if I get the heroic daily to come up again.

That could certainly be it. Ugh I can't even remember which one I did - and now that I think about it more, it was only one. I was just about to go and do Toxic Bombs when I checked and realised the one I had just done didn't count.

Oh! I did Project Hexapod. Maybe I'll remember to test it if I get the heroic daily to come up again.

Some of them don't even count towards their own planetary heroic count, far as I know thats never been fixed :eek:

Some of them don't even count towards their own planetary heroic count, far as I know thats never been fixed :eek:

True enough. I definitely know there's one on Republic Tattooine that doesn't count. Although I *do* know that Project Hexapod does count towards the weekly.

Also, I apologize for the derail! My bad.

Not only should we have more options for the daily objectives but we should have more daily objectives available than two. Or maybe more than just one chance at a reroll.

I just wanted to say that it was very funny to me to see the title of this thread and go "Yes! I'm glad people agree that being asked to do nothing but grind bugs every day is super boring!", just to find that the actual content of most of the posts in here is pretty much the opposite, haha. Wish I could trade with some of you who keep getting the daily PvP objective, but I've not got it once all week, even with re-rolls. Instead it's planetary mob grinding and yet more planetary mob grinding... Edited by Tiranea

I just wanted to say that it was very funny to me to see the title of this thread and go "Yes! I'm glad people agree that being asked to do nothing but grind bugs every day is super boring!", just to find that the actual content of most of the posts in here is pretty much the opposite, haha. Wish I could trade with some of you who keep getting the daily PvP objective, but I've not got it once all week, even with re-rolls. Instead it's planetary mob grinding and yet more planetary mob grinding...

I think most people here don't want to grind bugs every day either which is why the thread is asking for more options. Or the ability to simply choose out of all of the available options. If I could choose 2 from the list of all of the daily objectives, I wouldn't be choosing "Kill 75 instectoids" that's for sure.

I just wanted to say that it was very funny to me to see the title of this thread and go "Yes! I'm glad people agree that being asked to do nothing but grind bugs every day is super boring!", just to find that the actual content of most of the posts in here is pretty much the opposite, haha. Wish I could trade with some of you who keep getting the daily PvP objective, but I've not got it once all week, even with re-rolls. Instead it's planetary mob grinding and yet more planetary mob grinding...

which is the main reason everyone, or most are asking for more options, choices, rerolls , or even all three.

I'd rather be doing story mode chapters or story mode flashpoints then bugs every day. I don't think anyone wants to be doing the exact same task each day, anymore then they want to be doing the tasks that they don't like.

Thankfully today I got WZ and Blackhole, so no bugs!

Edited by Suzsi

It only takes 3 Heroics. You get a choice of 3 planets on which to do that. Do 3 on any one of those planets and the Daily PO is complete.

As soon as I posted this, i realized I probably misread the tool tip. This is the problem with the tool tips for Galactic Season: there's not enough information and the information they give is not consistent. With other Daily POs that involve multiple planets, the tool tip does not list all the planets i.e. "Defeat Home World Enemies" does not list "0/75 Korriban 0/75 Tython 0/75 Ord Mantell 0/75 Hutta." So when I saw "0/3 Balmorra 0/3 Alderaan and 0/3 Corellia" i assumed that "Coreward Heroics" meant that I had to do all three on all three planets.

I agree that there should be a way that each player can complete these with their preferred playstyle. More options by itself is not necessarily the way to go, since that would put players even more at the mercy of the RNG gods. Increasing the number of rerolls would probably help, since that would likely help everyone. A player looking for GSF and getting 2 of the kill bugs tasks would likely not be pleased to have their one reroll throw up kill different mobs tasks.

I like the suggestion I saw earlier in the thread of simply letting us pick 2 from a list that would guarantee at least 2 from WZ, GSF, solo PvE etc. which should allow players to complete these as they like. If you enjoy more than one playstyle then more power to you, you would have a wider choice to choose from.

Today initially I got Black Hole dailies and GSF. I completed the BH stuff netting 3 points and a nice chunk of renown and GC. Then I rerolled the GSF since I don't play that system and got unranked WZ instead, which I also don't play - so that's 3 points down on the day. Now there are more than enough points available in the season, especially for subs that making 800 should not be an issue even just doing dailies and avoiding the weeklies, none of which seem to be solo PvE friendly, but it is disappointing to miss those points particularly as I have free time available today that I might not have on another day.

There is also the option to use CC and later on there will be the option to use credits to catch up, but I will see how I am doing coming to the end of the season before I go that route.

This is my Galactic Season Summary for the first week.

No points from the weeklys

I got three daileys that were interesting and fun for me to do and earned 9 points from them.

I got 8 more points from logging in. Overall i earned 17 points this week.

The season will run for 22 weeks. Even if i stay subbed the whole time and will get the 8 log in rewards every week I will have a maximum of approximately 400 points at the end of the season.

I think for me its possibly the best to just ignore GS.

And fix the bugs and inequities...

Daily objective for something I don't like, reroll, get something else but the game decides it's already completed and no points awarded towards seasons.

Daily objective for killing stuff - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (bug reports seem to suggest player level affects counts on certain servers), sometimes the mobs are generic and any enemy on a planet, sometimes they are very specific (bugs), and sometimes only a subset of the specific mobs count (e.g. bugs on Alderaan states killiks, yet only killiks in a very very specific area count which is NOT NOTED).

Daily objectives to complete a PVP or GSF match requires waiting on others (queue time) plus ~15 to complete a match while complete 3 heroics or kill 75 enemies can be done without waiting and takes like 5 minutes.

Weekly mission to complete specific flashpoints 'using group finder' - why require group finder AND specific flashpoints, especially as group finder rewards do not apply when specific flashpoints are checked?

Either drop the group finder (my preference - I can solo RR much faster than running it with a full group of noobs), or make it 'complete 3 flashpoints in group finder'. And the fix bug where completing the right one through group finder doesn't count.

Weekly mission to complete specific operations - why isn't this just 'complete 3 weekly operations missions' or 'complete 3 GF daily operations'?

And why does the 'complete Black Hole dailies' require 6, heroic missions only require 3, and most take less time than BH missions?

I got three daileys that were interesting and fun for me to do and earned 9 points from them.

The season will run for 22 weeks. Even if i stay subbed the whole time and will get the 8 log in rewards every week I will have a maximum of approximately 400 points at the end of the season.

I'd get this stance if GS were some all or nothing thing where you either earn all of it in the end or fail and are left empty handed. It isn't.

So let's say you end up being something like lvl 80 out of 200 by the time season 1 runs its course. Let's say you refuse to use credits or cc to catch up much. So when its all said and done..why should you feel all that disappointed? You've chosen to skip lots of stuff, you've chosen to not use neither of the catch up methods. You've by then gotten like 1.5k cartel coins out of it, some nice new goodies from the vendors and are pushing around a wheelbarrow filled with random stuff looted via 80 " claim" clicks. Wouldn't it be nice to be happy with all this junk instead of being disappointed about all the junk you didn't get? Those 1.5k cc or nifty looking blaster rifles you've looted shouldn't look any worse just because you never dinged some Turbochad the Insect Friend-legacy title on top of it.

Edited by Stradlin

I used to think you were over the top, now I'm no longer sure :eek:

It's pretty simple: Any time a monetized system offers a 'free' grind, that grind is tuned to incentivize financial transactions.

Are you re-rolling the stuff you don't want to do? You get 1 weekly reroll per week and 1 daily reroll per day.

It's pretty simple: Any time a monetized system offers a 'free' grind, that grind is tuned to incentivize financial transactions.

True.

We know the game has focused on the cash shop and getting in the transactions as opposed to offering content or paid expansions. Where its sad is that most people can see its a cash grab but there is the hope that by supporting the game that will translate into more content. Sadly it seems by supporting the cash shop it just encourages more cash shop items and a dev team more and more focused on getting people to regrind 10 year old content while they find ways to cash in on it.

Games like Elder Scrolls online constantly offer paid expansions and DLCs etc which are good value and the purchase of them directly improves the content of the game. It would be amazing if the devs here could focus on content and charge for it rather than put out very little content and then focus on ways to get money out of their customers for cosmetic items or fluff that has no impact on the game or the experience unless you really want a companion that will never say anything in any future update.

True.

We know the game has focused on the cash shop and getting in the transactions as opposed to offering content or paid expansions. Where its sad is that most people can see its a cash grab but there is the hope that by supporting the game that will translate into more content. Sadly it seems by supporting the cash shop it just encourages more cash shop items and a dev team more and more focused on getting people to regrind 10 year old content while they find ways to cash in on it.

Games like Elder Scrolls online constantly offer paid expansions and DLCs etc which are good value and the purchase of them directly improves the content of the game. It would be amazing if the devs here could focus on content and charge for it rather than put out very little content and then focus on ways to get money out of their customers for cosmetic items or fluff that has no impact on the game or the experience unless you really want a companion that will never say anything in any future update.

"it is what it is" sums things up pretty well I think. BW Austin got hit real bad when they had to start dragging Anthem around as an extra burden. We've learned that quite a bit of dollars and people trickled away from TOR cause of this. Now that Anthem is getting axed..maybe some of that comes back. Some other outcome is more likely I guess. Its tough to imagine some KOTFE-sized expansion ever again happening. Payroll and scheduling related issues orbiting 16! main VAs alone goes long way to ensuring that. Post KOTET track record makes it pretty clear it is extremely difficult/expensive/slow to create larger quantities of new story content right now. < . - Nothing wrong with quality..but quantity..Yeah.

So what can they do, besides explore some.. alternative ways to try and keep the aging game fresh? I think all in all, GS is a very promising attempt at just that. It could use little polishing and smarter refresh function but besides that, I think its almost where it wants to go.

Sure, it has its devious little CC pitfalls. But it also hands them CC out in surprisingly generous rate by the looks of it. Idea ofc being that you feed all of the cc GS gives right back to it. Resist the siren call to do that if you like!

In general, I'd much rather see paid DLCs vs few hrs of story every half a decade as well. Maybe that really isn't an option though? So many things seem so slow and difficult to create just now. Story content, planets, large zones..

Maybe they should invest more heavily on GSF,PvP and other aspects that offer insane longevity by design. All of that stuff must be so much cheaper to build than fully voice acted expansions.

Edited by Stradlin

And fix the bugs and inequities...

Weekly mission to complete specific flashpoints 'using group finder' - why require group finder AND specific flashpoints, especially as group finder rewards do not apply when specific flashpoints are checked?

Either drop the group finder (my preference - I can solo RR much faster than running it with a full group of noobs), or make it 'complete 3 flashpoints in group finder'. And the fix bug where completing the right one through group finder doesn't count.

This right here. It wants us to check all boxes to get a random pop to count when it wants only FOUR(4) specific FPs. So stupid. Especially when there's 28 FPs. At least add more FPs that count towards this or ditch the GF requirement.

Re-rolls:

PvP (regardless of what type) if it only re-rolls into another part of the game that is still PvP ... then that is not the "re-roll" some of us are looking for.

Change the options: from PvP to a PvE based option (not multiplayer) ... then that is a legitimate re-roll or "better option".

Solo player: I'm NOT looking for a "face roll" . I've been through a few FP's solo that were not a face roll. Surely there can be some way to fix this !!

I prefer that 3rd option !!

There's got to be a way !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.