Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

Why should you go into so many precautions to deal with one class that can kill you so easily? The fact remains that they are OP and will be nerfed. The fact remains that 2 of that class down you instantly. What other 2 members of any other class kill someone so ridiculously fast?None and there should not be any.

Cry all you want but in the end its all the other classes are complaining of the imbalance except the benefiting class. Majority and common sense prevail.

Posts from people claiming they don't play that class are funny. Reminds me of the wow troll spam before the nerf hits.

You shouldn't be here posting..you should be enjoying your overpowered class while it lasts.

Edited by Azygous

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between poor FPS in Warzones and just a lack of paying attention, I can't really say which classes are more OP than me 1v1. Then again, as a Smugglers I usually just run around in circles spamming my 3 second CD thermal grenades and loling.

They know they are Op, we know they are OP, the Devs know they are OP.....everyone knows. When a class can throw down a tank and chop him to half health BEFORE he can even get up that class is way over done.

It will be interesting to see how many people still play the class when it does receive its damage nerf. I believe most are playing cause it is so strong but there are some that are playing cause they like it.

They know they are Op, we know they are OP, the Devs know they are OP.....everyone knows. When a class can throw down a tank and chop him to half health BEFORE he can even get up that class is way over done.

It will be interesting to see how many people still play the class when it does receive its damage nerf. I believe most are playing cause it is so strong but there are some that are playing cause they like it.

Hopefully they don't tone it down more than 5%. The class is very squishy and without that burst there's not a whole lot going on, especially as Scrapper/Concealment. I would expect an exodus away from the class, and to a lesser extent to Dirty Fighting/Lethality, which is DoT-based. Then people will be whining about how dots stop captures, etc.

The level 50 bracket will be the only really necessary nerf to the class, since level 50s won't be able to kill lowbies inside of the knockdown anymore. Level 50's, regardless of what they say, don't die inside the stun, ever. It just doesn't happen in a 1v1 from 100% life. People sure do love to whine, though personally I think sorcerers are way more over the top than scoundrels/operatives.

Hopefully they don't tone it down more than 5%. The class is very squishy and without that burst there's not a whole lot going on, especially as Scrapper/Concealment. I would expect an exodus away from the class, and to a lesser extent to Dirty Fighting/Lethality, which is DoT-based. Then people will be whining about how dots stop captures, etc.

The level 50 bracket will be the only really necessary nerf to the class, since level 50s won't be able to kill lowbies inside of the knockdown anymore. Level 50's, regardless of what they say, don't die inside the stun, ever. It just doesn't happen in a 1v1 from 100% life. People sure do love to whine, though personally I think sorcerers are way more over the top than scoundrels/operatives.

For me personally, if they nerf concealment into the ground I'll just spec healing. People will then whine until that is nerfed of course <_<

I also encountered a 2 vs 1 situation where 2 of us went against a single imperial operative who was guarding a cannon turrent in alderaan pvp zone. He killed us both in less than 6 seconds with stuns / cloaks / massive damage hits.

Now I'm not a pvp god nor do I care so much if I win or lose but if this is not disbalance then I don't know what is... This should not happen even if one of my hands is tied behind my back...

I also encountered a 2 vs 1 situation where 2 of us went against a single imperial operative who was guarding a cannon turrent in alderaan pvp zone. He killed us both in less than 6 seconds with stuns / cloaks / massive damage hits.

Now I'm not a pvp god nor do I care so much if I win or lose but if this is not disbalance then I don't know what is... This should not happen even if one of my hands is tied behind my back...

Almost unbelieveable that 2 lvl 50ies with pvp gear loose to just one lvl 50. Are you sure you were not way lower in lvl ?

Almost unbelieveable that 2 lvl 50ies with pvp gear loose to just one lvl 50. Are you sure you were not way lower in lvl ?

That'd be pretty silly if that guy left out the details of what level he and his buddy was. Any 50 that's not garbage can handle 2+ lowbies. :p

Edited by Knifewrench

The problem isn't Operative or damage, the problem is HEALING.

I'm playing a healing Operative, and I have a slightly lower level healing Merc. And this is true with quite a few classes.

If I get a Marauder on top of my Operative healer, I can live for a little while as I pop my two defensive CDs, or I can try to escape with the cloak, but I cannot just stand there and outheal his damaage. Same goes for a Merc that spams tracers and then does a heatseeker/unload/rail combo when I'm debuffed.

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.

problem is definitely operative burst.

I am currently a level 21 Operative. I am seriously overpowered. I can usually kill people up through the 40's.

I pop out of stealth with a massive 1,500 backstab. A 1,200 Shiv and 1,300 Lacerate later and my target starts running. I sometimes have problems with range but, I can usually keep up the Backstab/Shiv/Lacerate stuff until they die.

Occasionally, my opponents will do something really cheap. They turn around so I can't backstab. I am then forced to use Debilitate (Knife Stun) so I can get behind them.

The reality of the situation is this: I shouldn't be killing level 40's on my Operative. I understand that my teen level greens and blues mean I am overgeared and my awesome PvP strategies make it worse but, other people should not be forced to resort to cheap turning-the-hell-around techniques, cheating by using their CC removal skill, or exploiting by using a health consumable. Operatives need a nerf.

I am currently a level 21 Operative. I am seriously overpowered. I can usually kill people up through the 40's.

I pop out of stealth with a massive 1,500 backstab. A 1,200 Shiv and 1,300 Lacerate later and my target starts running. I sometimes have problems with range but, I can usually keep up the Backstab/Shiv/Lacerate stuff until they die.

Occasionally, my opponents will do something really cheap. They turn around so I can't backstab. I am then forced to use Debilitate (Knife Stun) so I can get behind them.

The reality of the situation is this: I shouldn't be killing level 40's on my Operative. I understand that my teen level greens and blues mean I am overgeared and my awesome PvP strategies make it worse but, other people should not be forced to resort to cheap turning-the-hell-around techniques, cheating by using their CC removal skill, or exploiting by using a health consumable. Operatives need a nerf.

how is it cheap that they turn around to avoid your backstab?

They bolster the stats for a reason, its not impressive that youre killing level 40s. Maybe if you were killing 50s that had expertise, then that would be a different story.

Originally Posted by Hefutoxin

With that low dmg output you wont win in a 1v1 versus lvl 40ies except they are bad players....op/sc get stronger in their later 30ies, before they are not that great.

Edited by BobaFurz

/agree

For us to be gods in pvp we would need a gab closer, but we dont so we got damage. end of story.

Warriors got there charge to get back into battle. sins got there speed boost. sorcs, merc BHs and snipers got insane range. powertech BHs got graple. what do Ops have.....nothing. You knock us off a ledge in huttball and we have to run all they way back up at normal run speed cause we are in combat, by the time we get back up the fight is either over or has moved some where else.

how about the 15% run speed increase you get as a talent?

Other people have snare, this 15% more run speed wont help if someone is good at kiting. I did read that some Juggernaut players did complain about getting kited, they didnt know that their class has one of the best permanent snare without any costs. People really need to learn to play and I have the feeling some did never play a majore mmorpg before, a lot of people in this dont know even the basics, that actually your 2 minute CD is your life saver and you are depandant on it. Edited by BobaFurz