Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

These "please dont nerf us" excuses always make me laugh. Remember when ret paladin was OP for 24 hours during 3.0 patch. All the rets said the same thing. We're fine. L2P. NOOBS! lol

What happened? They got nerfed. Like they should.

I have full pvp champ gear and an op/scoundrel can down me in 5 seconds. 4 of those seconds is spent on the ground trying to get back up. Sure, you're right, i can trinket out and break cc. Been there. Done that. Still dead. I guess i should save all my cooldowns, stims and stuns for op/scoundrel alone. During all that mad chaos of ability delay pvp i'll have to spend ample amounts of time checking the enemy team for ops/scoundrels so i know if its ok to use an electrocute or cc breaker. Yep. Not OP at all.

LAWL @ those that say they didnt know op/scoundrel was over powered during beta. Beta forums were riddled with the fact they were the most faceroll OP class in the game.

Half of the debates in here about how balanced they are are based on 1v1 scenerios. So just throw in an op/scoundrel along with hmmm i dont know ....ANY CLASS IN THE GAME and you're DEAD

DED

DEAD! k thanks bye gg

Enjoy the bat its going to hit you hard. Crying about how sorc is OP isnt going to save you either. Rets said the same thing about mages in their defense. Didnt work. C'est La Vie.

A lvl 15 op/scoundrels backstab hits harder then a lvl 50 assassin's maul with the armor pen buff up. <----THINK about it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy the bat its going to hit you hard. Crying about how sorc is OP isnt going to save you either. Rets said the same thing about mages in their defense. Didnt work. C'est La Vie.

A lvl 15 op/scoundrels backstab hits harder then a lvl 50 assassin's maul with the armor pen buff up. <----THINK about it.

If Bioware is smart, they'll ignore the cryfest on the forums from the lowbies, bads, etc. And they'll look at how Operative does in a 8v8 with 50s with PvP gear kind of setup.

When I stealth up to a healer, who is Guarded and has smart DPS next to him, do you think I just 3-shot him and run away?

No. But facerollers and tunnel-visioning bads don't understand how to play with a group, as a group, and win.

It's funny how people are likening Operatives to Vanilla WoW Rogues. There were so many, that I spec'd into a Rogue killing spec and pounded their faces in. I didn't cry about them once on the forums. Wahhhhh.

These "please dont nerf us" excuses always make me laugh. Remember when ret paladin was OP for 24 hours during 3.0 patch. All the rets said the same thing. We're fine. L2P. NOOBS! lol

I have full pvp champ gear and an op/scoundrel can down me in 5 seconds. 4 of those seconds is spent on the ground trying to get back up. Sure, you're right, i can trinket out and break cc. Been there. Done that. Still dead. I guess i should save all my cooldowns, stims and stuns for op/scoundrel alone. During all that mad chaos of ability delay pvp i'll have to spend ample amounts of time checking the enemy team for ops/scoundrels so i know if its ok to use an electrocute or cc breaker. Yep. Not OP at all.

LAWL @ those that say they didnt know op/scoundrel was over powered during beta. Beta forums were riddled with the fact they were the most faceroll OP class in the game.

Half of the debates in here about how balanced they are are based on 1v1 scenerios. So just throw in an op/scoundrel along with hmmm i dont know ....ANY CLASS IN THE GAME and you're DEAD

DED

DEAD! k thanks bye gg

What you write here is not right...

First off a lvl 15 op/scoundrel has a way lower dmg output than a lvl 50 assassin. Already at lvl 28 a shadow can dish out almost 5k dmg with Maul+Shock if it crits and roflstomps any operative/scoundrel at this lvl. Play a lvl 15 op/sc yourself, you have 2 melee attacks wiht 6 seconds and 9 seconds cooldown.

Second, the bubble of a Sage/Sorcerer absorbs the whole dmg of a stealth attack...if you dont have your bubble up its your fault. The bubble is so powerfull that it can absorb amazing dmg doesnt matter if 2k or 5k dmg, but you probably dont know about this since you are used to your own overpowered class from lvl 10-50. If you have heal specced and an operative doesnt get you down in short time, you just heal up and there is nothing what the op can do, especially if you have guard on your from tank players.....

I play a sorcerer aswell....maybe you should start playing an operative/scoundrel to see whats really going on. If a class gets nerfed than the sorcerer aswell, they are very powerfull from lvl 10 already on to lvl 50....play other classes aswell and do pvp with them and not only theorycrafting. At lvl 16 my sorcerers lightning with slow effect did tick already for almost 900, ...way too easy to pvp with it if you have your shields always up. Sorcerer are topping the charts with dmg + heal together in one form....combine that with guard and we know who is actually the powerfull class.

The problem is that people complain only from their own view but dont know how other classes are doing in pvp, play all classes to at least lvl 15 and an alt to higher lvls to see whats going on.

Edited by BobaFurz

DED

DEAD! k thanks bye gg

His back stab is up in 9 sec. Figure out a way to kill him

And bolster is a lot better than you think.

If Bioware is smart, they'll ignore the cryfest on the forums from the lowbies, bads, etc. And they'll look at how Operative does in a 8v8 with 50s with PvP gear kind of setup.

If Bioware is smart, they'll ignore the Ops/Scoundrel's that believe they have some god-granted sense of entitlement that others do not and fix their mistake. But from what I've seen, Bioware isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, so I won't hold my breath.

If Bioware is smart, they'll ignore the Ops/Scoundrel's that believe they have some god-granted sense of entitlement that others do not and fix their mistake. But from what I've seen, Bioware isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, so I won't hold my breath.

Do you PvP as a 50 with gear, in a 4-man group with a geared healer and tank?

please stop complaining about ops, just accept the fact that we are better players.

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted on the forums. Congrats.

Add another to the list of someone who thinks Operatives are extremely overpowered.

Operative plays are in denial, of course they wont want their precious class nerfed.

So far the top response to them being over powered is

"Oh, you need to use a medpack".

REALLY?

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted on the forums. Congrats.

Add another to the list of someone who thinks Operatives are extremely overpowered.

Operative plays are in denial, of course they wont want their precious class nerfed.

So far the top response to them being over powered is

"Oh, you need to use a medpack".

REALLY?

Good lord he just trolled the living **** out of you lawl.

Whats funny is if Bioware adds a longer CD to our Hidden Strike...people will still complain because when our Hidden Strike is up, we'll still do all that burst damage.

Then, the whiners will whine, and Bioware will then nerf our burst damage therefore making the class completely worthless.

I'll be happy to trade our burst DPS for knockbacks, AoE's, grapple and pushes.

There..happy?

You take away something, you need to make up for it...or is it the community's intent to make the Op/Scoundrel classes worthless?

Edited by Trevock

Whats funny is if Bioware adds a longer CD to our Hidden Strike...people will still complain because when our Hidden Strike is up, we'll still do all that burst damage.

Then, the whiners will whine, and Bioware will then nerf our burst damage therefore making the class completely worthless.

I'll be happy to trade our burst DPS for knockbacks, AoE's, grapple and pushes.

There..happy?

You take away something, you need to make up for it...or is it the community's intent to make the Op/Scoundrel classes worthless?

A nerf is a nerf, you dont get compensation for it. What stupid logic, hell you even know you need to be nerfed and how it needs to be done.

Anyone defending the operatives and scoundrels is either completely ignorant or lying through their teeth in an attempt to ward off the nerf bat.

I can't even use a single ability before I'm dead and I'm geared up in nearly full champion gear. Every once in awhile I get lucky and survive the first attack but the best I can do is run which doesn't help because I'm so low they just one shot me with their gun. If it was a tactical error on my part losing wouldn't be so bad but this is ridicules I don't even have a chance to counter.:mad:

The sad thing is now all the no talent players are rushing to get operatives to take advantage of the imbalance.

They can stroke their egos all they want but using a single stun and spamming one attack ability does not make them good players.

devs need to move away from the whole retarded rogue mechanic style/argument of "we need them to kill quickly in a stunlock cos the rest of the time they are useless".

make them useful.. and remove this terrible and outdated 3 global kill capability. its really piss poor design - but then swtor hasnt innovated much at all.. nor even learnt from the mistakes made by other older mmo's.

If you chain crit as an operative combined with the stun you are close to death. I agree. Does it happen often? No

Often no abilities crit, resulting in no dmg what so ever. But you guys only recall the times you get chaincritted.

Other classes that chaincrit are just as frustrating. Ever had a sniper chaincritting on you and rooting you from 35 yards to get 100%=>0% in like 5sec? Or a mercenary tracer misile'ing you down in a few gcd?

My point? It's what dmg dealers do and ALL dmg dealers can do it in swtor if they are lucky on crits. Don't like it? i heard you can't get critted on when playing tetris.

Not gonna read this whole 50+ page thread, but the only problem with these classes is that the knockdowns they have do not factor in to the resolve system. They should, and are not the only ability that is borked with resolve. I guarantee that PvP would be a million times more enjoyable and there would be a lot less QQ about PvP class balance if resolve was fixed to work. People just want a chance to actually play and not have loss of control of their character all the time.

Also, the fact that some people have PvP gear while others do not is creating a huge gap between players in Warzones. That's why PvP only stats are retarded, but whatever, it's in the game and itemized in all the gear so guess we're stuck with it. It's just going to be really painful for some people for awhile until everyone can be on an equal level with expertise gear. If you don't have it, you just gotta know when the other guy does and just c'est la vi.

People tend to take the path of least resistance to succede, that might be why out of the 4 games Ive played this morning, I have played against nothing but 2 classes. Guess which they are?

Sith Sorc and Sith Assassin... thats all I ever play against.

Do you PvP as a 50 with gear, in a 4-man group with a geared healer and tank?

I don't know what good a tank will do against a good OP, other than taunt and bring another stun. It's not like they don't stomp geared tanks down. I've been destroyed by OP's in about 5-6 seconds as a shield spec. Vanguard, with most of the mid tier pvp gear on ( haven't got the helmet and not quite valor 60 yet ). Their knockdown opener combo's has taken me from full health to less than 25% before I could even get up and then it was vanish only to finish the job seconds later. So in your opinion with OP's it's a game of rock paper scissors but it takes 4 geared rocks to beat your scissor, yes that sounds fair.