Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

Notice there are no once per day per character objectives - none - because they don't have the ability to track objectives at the character level (only missions are tracked at the character level).

The last time this came up in a dialogue, it was implied modifying the system to track conquest objectives by character would be a large development effort.

My guess is they ignore these types of requests rather than have an honest discussion about why they are so incapable of handling once per day per character objectives.

And if I recall correctly - it is because conquest is back-ended off the same tracking system used for achievements, which is legacy-based - so absent adding a bunch of new character level missions for conquest (mission completion can be tracked at the character level), per character objectives are not going to happen.

The original conquest system was per character and not per legacy. So I don’t see how things would be different to change it back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the upcoming refund timer change, is there going to be changes to conquest as well?

After 6.3 we can only do conquest/login for CQ rewards on the days that Kai Zykken is up, which means people who cap their toons with once per day per legacy objectives such as heroics are screwed even more because we can't play every day. I don't know why BW doesn't want us to play alts anymore, or play anything except on weekends, but since this it's what it's going to be, would be nice to have objectives that can be repeated on multiple alts on the days we can play.

Give us:

- Infinitely repeatable heroics

- Heroics pinnacle/eternal every week

- Flashpoints: Finisher every week (becase uprisings, pvp and players have theirs every - single - week)

- Taskmaster pinnacle/eternal every week

If solo/story/pve players won't get their weekly objectives every week like pvp and gsf players do, then would be fair to remove them from pvp and gsf as well. If the objectives are supposed to change on weekly basis, why aren't they changed for every game mode? Feels like people are not meant to play pve in this game anymore, everything revolves around pvp and gsf.

With the upcoming refund timer change, is there going to be changes to conquest as well?

After 6.3 we can only do conquest/login for CQ rewards on the days that Kai Zykken is up, which means people who cap their toons with once per day per legacy objectives such as heroics are screwed even more because we can't play every day. I don't know why BW doesn't want us to play alts anymore, or play anything except on weekends, but since this it's what it's going to be, would be nice to have objectives that can be repeated on multiple alts on the days we can play.

Give us:

- Infinitely repeatable heroics

- Heroics pinnacle/eternal every week

- Flashpoints: Finisher every week (becase uprisings, pvp and players have theirs every - single - week)

- Taskmaster pinnacle/eternal every week

If solo/story/pve players won't get their weekly objectives every week like pvp and gsf players do, then would be fair to remove them from pvp and gsf as well. If the objectives are supposed to change on weekly basis, why aren't they changed for every game mode? Feels like people are not meant to play pve in this game anymore, everything revolves around pvp and gsf.

I don't follow your logic that we can no longer play on days where Kai Zyken is up because of refund timers.

I don't follow your logic that we can no longer play on days where Kai Zyken is up because of refund timers.

Because tech frag cap is only 10000 and people have been buying mounts to store the frags until Friday when Kai comes up. I know some people will buy mats when they reach 10k, but some of us want to buy things from Kai Zykken. If I play the game when he is not up, I will go over the cap way too fast and waste the fragments I need for Kai. I would basically play without getting what I want out of it. I don't care about the mats, I have enough credits, so that vendor is useless for me.

There would be a couple of solutions for this:

- Keep Kai up all the time, like the mats vendor. People could decide what they want to do with their currency, instead of basically being forced to buy mats or waste them.

- Raise the TF limit to 50k or more.

- Put all gear on class vendors and just keep Kai as someone who sells them cheaper every now and then.

Because tech frag cap is only 10000 and people have been buying mounts to store the frags until Friday when Kai comes up. I know some people will buy mats when they reach 10k, but some of us want to buy things from Kai Zykken. If I play the game when he is not up, I will go over the cap way too fast and waste the fragments I need for Kai. I would basically play without getting what I want out of it. I don't care about the mats, I have enough credits, so that vendor is useless for me.

- Keep Kai up all the time, like the mats vendor. People could decide what they want to do with their currency, instead of basically being forced to buy mats or waste them.

- Put all gear on class vendors and just keep Kai as someone who sells them cheaper every now and then.

Kai should be up all the time and just rotate his stock once or twice a week, and all sets should be on the vendors for the full price at all times.

Alternatives are to hold missions in pending (such as the weekly guild conquest mission), hold any reward boxes that have tech fragments, as well as hold off on any deconstruction until the weekend.

Of course, none of these are perfect solutions, and we as players shouldn't have to resort to such shenanigans to work around a poorly designed system (or one purposefully designed to waste our efforts).

Edited by DawnAskham

Oh, ok I guess I can see where you're coming from. It didn't even occur to me that people do that sort of thing because it's not something I've ever done myself. I have all 28 of my toons already outfitted for quite some time and already have all of the recipes and what not so there's nothing Kai offers that I care about any more and tend to forget he even exists these days. I just buy embers every day or two and dump them on the GTN because I hate the constant warning about maxed out fragments lol.

Edited by khamseen_air

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment and address a few points we are seeing in this thread.

With regard to the changes we made recently to Crafting based Conquest Objectives, these changes were made because there was proof of exploitative behavior, both provided by the community as well as within our own data.

While this was largely related to the Crafting: Inventor Conquest Objective, we also saw indication that this same behavior was also affecting and was possible with the Crew Skills: Harvesting Conquest Objective and had the potential to reach further into all other avenues of Crafting based Objectives. As Chris mentioned, many of these activities were found to be repetitive in nature such that they could be automated in ways which violate our Terms of Service. Because many of the Crafting based Conquest objectives were open-ended (aka Infinitely Repeatable), this combination had the potential to cascade. We needed to close these systems off, hence changing them from Infinite to Weekly/Daily.

While addressing the issue above, we took into consideration players who enjoy Crafting and wish for it to remain a viable means for earning Conquest. By increasing the number of required crafts for the Weekly, we were able to appropriately balance the Objective to provide more points than if we had done a 1:1 conversion (for instance, if we had simply changed the previous Craft 50 to a Weekly). We then created Crafting: Inventor 2 as a means for players to earn additional Conquest points through the Crafting system. This was in an effort to alleviate the change in repeatability, while still providing means for Crafting to be used for Conquest contribution. You can now earn more Conquest for crafting less items than before the update, as exampled below

• 1 Weekly Objective = 6,400 Points for 100 Crafts
  • 7 Daily Objectives = 7,700 Points for 350 Crafts
    • For a total of 14,100 Points for 450 Crafts.

Previously in order to earn 14,100 Conquest Points through Crafting, players would have needed to have crafted ~950 items.

This has not been the first time we addressed Infinite repeat objectives. In the past, we made a change to the formerly Infinite Repeatable Chapters: Defeat Skytroopers 2 to a Daily Repeat to also address exploitative behavior we were seeing. Crafting was not and has not been explicitly singled out. We are always assessing Infinite Repeat Objectives offered and their potential for negative behavior, while also considering their benefit, or lack thereof, in the greater game.

I also want to come back to the points I made in my original Guilds and Conquest post.

Guilds are a large factor in not only our game, but in any game with a social backdrop to it. We took into consideration the negative impact the behavior we were seeing had on new players whether they be new to the game or new to Guilds. Changes were made to ensure that players were joining the right Guild for the right reasons including the departure from said Guild.

I would like to note a few takeaways based off of feedback we received;

1) Players use(d) crafting (and specifically the lower point Crafting: Inventor) to tip a character nearing their 50k Personal Conquest just enough over the goal without taking up other potential objectives for your remaining characters.

2) There is a desire for a healthy number of lesser point “filler” objectives which can be used multiple times over larger point objectives to help ensure that the first point is covered.

3) There is a wish for Crafting to remain (and be more of) an integral part of the Conquest experience.

4) Players want to see change in how Conquests work, specifically with Leaderboards.

This feedback does not fall on deaf ears. We actively discuss ways we can address both the viability and importance of crafting in Conquest, address the notion of not wanting to tip far over the 50k Personal goal to ensure you have room for alternate characters, and how we can make Conquest a competitive yet fair system for Guilds of all sizes. We will continue to take your suggestions into consideration while also taking a look into the larger picture of Conquest and how we can continue to improve it.

As always we appreciate your feedback, and ask that you continue to be civil and respectful in your discussions, and keep the threads on topic.

Did anything ever come from this? Our guild saw a decrease in attendance of folks at gathering events and a decrease in gatherers in general because of this. It's frustrating that the statement above makes the comment about "tip far over the 50k Personal goal" when you can get 80k for running gsf 5 times on a bomber. Any news? Do you plan to reinstate an important part of the game that kept people sticking around?

Did anything ever come from this? Our guild saw a decrease in attendance of folks at gathering events and a decrease in gatherers in general because of this. It's frustrating that the statement above makes the comment about "tip far over the 50k Personal goal" when you can get 80k for running gsf 5 times on a bomber. Any news? Do you plan to reinstate an important part of the game that kept people sticking around?

less crafters using things that are against the tos to farm conquest

Make GSF events instead of gathering events? Or are you implying that gathering materials is far more enjoyable than shooting players in space?

roflmao, yeah sure you did. lol gsf.

Yeah I did? I've been holding GSF events for my guild almost every week for the past several months, including helping new players out in voice chat to get them more comfortable when starting out. What have you done other than scoffing at random people on the forums?

I've gotten dozens of players into GSF since the changes made our guild competitive in conquest. Won a couple planets too.

Of course you are doing well in Conquest now by focusing on GSF. It is currently the lowest effort highest yield content in the game by a long shot. You can generate points with it now approaching what crafting was accused of. In an hour of play you can generate hundreds of thousands of CQ points on each character. If you want to win in conquest you would be crazy not to run GSF, it is just too lucrative CQ point wise to ignore. If you want further proof, look at how many members of big conquest guilds are now pushing for "win only" in GSF to make sure that they maintain their stranglehold on Conquest making pure numbers of members the only deciding factor in who wins a planet (effort counts for nothing).

At least Bioware has stopped pretending they are being fair in Conquest to all play styles.

Of course you are doing well in Conquest now by focusing on GSF.

We focus on a lot of things, not just GSF. Running a successful Conquest guild is more than just spam recruitment and running GSF. I run about 10 events a week and two of them are GSF, plus there are a bunch more events ran by our guild officers not involving GSF.

It is currently the lowest effort highest yield content in the game by a long shot.

Once per legacy per week for the biggest rewards, outside of TGW and CiH weeks. Not enough to win you planets regularly unless everyone runs it.

You can generate points with it now approaching what crafting was accused of. In an hour of play you can generate hundreds of thousands of CQ points on each character.

Crafting Crafting Crafting... Look, I get that you're upset your favorite way to click the left mouse button a lot to build up tens of millions of points for whichever week you decide to beat 90% of other guilds was taken away, but that's how it is right now.

If you want to win in conquest you would be crazy not to run GSF, it is just too lucrative CQ point wise to ignore. If you want further proof, look at how many members of big conquest guilds are now pushing for "win only" in GSF to make sure that they maintain their stranglehold on Conquest making pure numbers of members the only deciding factor in who wins a planet (effort counts for nothing).

I've seen nothing of the sort, feels like I need some kind of proof there.

Edited by Eli_Porter

We focus on a lot of things, not just GSF. Running a successful Conquest guild is more than just spam recruitment and running GSF. I run about 10 events a week and two of them are GSF, plus there are a bunch more events ran by our guild officers not involving GSF.

Once per legacy per week for the biggest rewards, outside of TGW and CiH weeks. Not enough to win you planets regularly unless everyone runs it.

Crafting Crafting Crafting... Look, I get that you're upset your favorite way to click the left mouse button a lot to build up tens of millions of points for whichever week you decide to beat 90% of other guilds was taken away, but that's how it is right now.

I've seen nothing of the sort, feels like I need some kind of proof there.

Winning at conquest (outside of the weeks where every planet is available - which was the only time crafting had any reasonable chance of winning a planet anyway) requires running the most time efficient objectives constantly (ie Spammer Station and GSF right now). GSF is by far the best. If you are not running it as often as possible, you are giving up lots of CQ points that the bigger guilds are raking in (and why your guild can only win on weeks all planets are available). Organizing Operations is a pointless exercise if you are planning to win at conquest (it is a nice thing to do as a guild though) as is organizing anything flashpoint related (other than Spammer Station). Neither of those activities give anywhere near enough points to compete regularly on their own when put up against GSF. GSF needs to be nerfed at least 50% to bring it in line with other comparable objectives (time investment wise).

I don't craft for conquest (haven't for years - since it was only worth the effort when you had to get in the top 10 to get the guild Conquest rewards), but I do recognize unfair changes. The simple fix was to make the crafting events count as 1 regardless of how many items are actually made (allowing it to count as 2 for crits would have been fair). Unfortunately the goal of the Crafting nerf was to eliminate it entirely from Conquest (It is currently a waste of mats to do any of the crafting conquest objectives due to the pitiful number of points you can get compared to the cost of materials with all of the objectives being once per day per legacy and the big one being once per week per legacy and worth less than 20 minutes of GSF)

Once per legacy per week times 5 at 82,000 each is a pretty good haul for a week. That means that 1 person can make a small yield in about 6 hours total play time (about 1 hour per day). Multiply that by 100 guild members (which is actually a pretty small guild by conquest guild standards) and you are at 50 million which will easily get you in the top 10 and competitive in Conquest most weeks. That doesn't include the 30K for Socialite I and the 7-14K per mission (infinitely repeatable)

A fair way to approach conquest would be to have each week have only one type of content that is infinitely repeatable and not have it be the same objectives every week. Heroics one week, Flashpoints/Uprisings another, GSF another, Warzones another, and Crafting the final week. You could leave Operations "infinitely repeatable" all weeks since they are a large time expenditure and have their own build in limitations. That way guilds would have to shift their focus from week to week to stay on top and it would encourage more diverse play.

I wouldn't call it "successfully" if the only way you can compete against others is to have all other activities are nerfed to oblivion than yours, but you can believe what you want I guess.

No-one made tens of millions of points by crafting, and you would know that if you had ever bothered to find out how crafting works, or read some of the posts where it was explained. Just because you imagine it might have been possible, doesn't make it true.

Winning at conquest (outside of the weeks where every planet is available - which was the only time crafting had any reasonable chance of winning a planet anyway) requires running the most time efficient objectives constantly (ie Spammer Station and GSF right now). GSF is by far the best. If you are not running it as often as possible, you are giving up lots of CQ points that the bigger guilds are raking in (and why your guild can only win on weeks all planets are available). Organizing Operations is a pointless exercise if you are planning to win at conquest (it is a nice thing to do as a guild though) as is organizing anything flashpoint related (other than Spammer Station). Neither of those activities give anywhere near enough points to compete regularly on their own when put up against GSF. GSF needs to be nerfed at least 50% to bring it in line with other comparable objectives (time investment wise).

I'd go even further, nerfing to 10% sounds more reasonable, especially because the matches are infinitely repeatable even after the big scores - unlike heroics for example.

A fair way to approach conquest would be to have each week have only one type of content that is infinitely repeatable and not have it be the same objectives every week. Heroics one week, Flashpoints/Uprisings another, GSF another, Warzones another, and Crafting the final week. You could leave Operations "infinitely repeatable" all weeks since they are a large time expenditure and have their own build in limitations. That way guilds would have to shift their focus from week to week to stay on top and it would encourage more diverse play.

This! ^^

We are all paying the same sub, we should all get same chances to do conquest with our favorite activities. At the moment GSF players are getting special treatment having all their big objectives up every week, and that's simply unfair.

I wouldn't call it "successfully" if the only way you can compete against others is to have all other activities are nerfed to oblivion than yours, but you can believe what you want I guess.

I literally said that's not the only thing we do but you just had to get that out of your system I guess.

No-one made tens of millions of points by crafting, and you would know that if you had ever bothered to find out how crafting works, or read some of the posts where it was explained. Just because you imagine it might have been possible, doesn't make it true.

I've been tracking conquest points of guilds for a while, I know which guilds have dedicated crafting teams and I know how many they were able to contribute. The guild that beat us with crafting about 4 months ago has only gotten 20% of our points after the crafting nerfs not long ago.

Winning at conquest (outside of the weeks where every planet is available - which was the only time crafting had any reasonable chance of winning a planet anyway) requires running the most time efficient objectives constantly (ie Spammer Station and GSF right now). GSF is by far the best. If you are not running it as often as possible, you are giving up lots of CQ points that the bigger guilds are raking in (and why your guild can only win on weeks all planets are available).

We won a pirate incursion week but nice try.

Organizing Operations is a pointless exercise if you are planning to win at conquest (it is a nice thing to do as a guild though) as is organizing anything flashpoint related (other than Spammer Station). Neither of those activities give anywhere near enough points to compete regularly on their own when put up against GSF. GSF needs to be nerfed at least 50% to bring it in line with other comparable objectives (time investment wise).

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think organizing operations is pointless.

I don't craft for conquest (haven't for years - since it was only worth the effort when you had to get in the top 10 to get the guild Conquest rewards), but I do recognize unfair changes. The simple fix was to make the crafting events count as 1 regardless of how many items are actually made (allowing it to count as 2 for crits would have been fair). Unfortunately the goal of the Crafting nerf was to eliminate it entirely from Conquest (It is currently a waste of mats to do any of the crafting conquest objectives due to the pitiful number of points you can get compared to the cost of materials with all of the objectives being once per day per legacy and the big one being once per week per legacy and worth less than 20 minutes of GSF)

Crafting used to let a few players click Craft for months on end with mats they could have bought with cartel pack money, and be able to beat out guilds twice their size, it was a vital change and I'm glad they made it.

Once per legacy per week times 5 at 82,000 each is a pretty good haul for a week. That means that 1 person can make a small yield in about 6 hours total play time (about 1 hour per day). Multiply that by 100 guild members (which is actually a pretty small guild by conquest guild standards) and you are at 50 million which will easily get you in the top 10 and competitive in Conquest most weeks. That doesn't include the 30K for Socialite I and the 7-14K per mission (infinitely repeatable)

If you thnk it's easy to get people to complete those objectives you'd be mistaken. And once those players have spent two hours completing those, you need to find other high-yield activities for them to participate in. And my guild does just that, GSF is just one small part of the equation outside of TGW/CiH weeks.

Conquest is not just about being "fair", it's about encouraging people to try out different areas of play instead of having them grind the same content over and over. What you hate in GSF for this week you'd hate for whatever is the best infinitely repeatable activity unless it was your favorite niche.

I literally said that's not the only thing we do but you just had to get that out of your system I guess.

I've been tracking conquest points of guilds for a while, I know which guilds have dedicated crafting teams and I know how many they were able to contribute. The guild that beat us with crafting about 4 months ago has only gotten 20% of our points after the crafting nerfs not long ago.

That kinda proves my previous point.

Some guilds (in general, not yours specifically) are so obsessed with winning planet, that they spend more time spying what other guilds do instead of focusing on what they are doing. And if they see other guilds busy with activity they can't be bothered with, they'll just arrange a campaign to get it destroyed. Anything to get rid of competition, instead of actually competing.

We won a pirate incursion week but nice try.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think organizing operations is pointless.

Crafting used to let a few players click Craft for months on end with mats they could have bought with cartel pack money, and be able to beat out guilds twice their size, it was a vital change and I'm glad they made it.

If you thnk it's easy to get people to complete those objectives you'd be mistaken. And once those players have spent two hours completing those, you need to find other high-yield activities for them to participate in. And my guild does just that, GSF is just one small part of the equation outside of TGW/CiH weeks.

Conquest is not just about being "fair", it's about encouraging people to try out different areas of play instead of having them grind the same content over and over. What you hate in GSF for this week you'd hate for whatever is the best infinitely repeatable activity unless it was your favorite niche.

Congratulations then on your Pirate Incursion win. That's completely different than your other posts where you said the only weeks you had a chance to win were the ones where all the planets were available and crafting guilds were beating you out there. Most likely the GSF events pushed you over the top then.

I didn't say Operations were pointless, I said they were pointless for winning Conquest. Big difference there. I'd like you to point me to any guild that has won conquest consistently primarily focusing on Operations.

As far as crafting, another made up boogey man with the Cartel Packs. It seems every time a "free" mats argument is shot down a new one appears. Lets look at the start-up costs for doing "Crafting for Conquest" (We'll even assume everyone has a 150% stronghold bonus so we can focus on the other costs and strongholds is not necessarily tied directly to crafting). To start making millions of CQ points in GSF you need to be level 10 (not sure if that is even true, you might be able to do GSF at level 1). That's it. No gear needed, no companions needed, no guild bonuses needed. To score "millions" of CQ points with crafting you need to get to level 10 (same as GSF) then you need to acquire the necessary crafting and gathering skills (no real cost there). In order to craft you need mats. To get mats you need credits, jawa junk, or gather them yourselves. How long do you think it takes to gather enough mats to make hundreds of items (using the 1 crafting mission makes 1 item approach). Days to weeks is the answer (I won't even go into how dumb - and unsustainable - getting mats from selling stuff bought with real money is). In addition at that low a level your crafting times will suck and your companion is too low level to help out (unless you level them up which is lots of additional credits). To be efficient at crafting you need to have the right gear too, which you have to gain through some other means. All in all,crafting has a much higher Conquest entry bar than any other content in the game (except perhaps Operations).

100 players is 50 million, 200 players is 100 million, not sure what "getting them to put in the effort" has to do with that considering how little effort it actually is. Just doing the GSF weekly for Galactic Seasons- which ticks as you do the dailies at no extra effort - gets you almost to the 5 ship mission total. You have read the posts where former crafters are saying they are playing GSF because its easy CQ points, haven't you. The argument about GSF is not specific to your guild, though you seem to take this quite personally. The point simply is that the system can be abused for lots of CQ points via GSF just like it was abused for crafting (and yes I do believe there were people abusing the system but do not believe the extent of the nerf was warranted)

As far as encouraging diverse gameplay goes, the current system does nothing of the sort. GSF and WZ are highly favored and heroics and Operations are disfavored. With the unbalanced way GSF and WZs are rewarding, people who only play GSF (or WZs) do not have to even touch other content they "don't like". Having only specific content infinitely repeatable each week does force people to play content they "don't like" if they want to be efficient.

As far as GSF goes, I don't hate it and do play it. I just find it very uninspiring and only worth doing for the Galactic Seasons points. Once I get to level 100, I'll stop playing it and WZs again. I left both of those game modes because of the rampant cheating that goes on (and is allowed to continue by Bioware - which is in stark contrast to how quickly they reacted to the "crafting exploit"). I have seen nothing thus far that indicates that has changed, and it may even be worse now.

I left both of those game modes because of the rampant cheating that goes on (and is allowed to continue by Bioware - which is in stark contrast to how quickly they reacted to the "crafting exploit"). I have seen nothing thus far that indicates that has changed, and it may even be worse now.

It's worse than ever now, has been reported, over and over, but they seem to keep letting the same people back,

roflmao, yeah sure you did. lol gsf.

gsf is probably the biggest and easiest source of CQ points these days, 2 infinite repeatables on normal weeks, 6 on the two special ones, not to mention everything else thrown in

EDIT: The devs have in fact succeeded in what they wanted, they pumped people in to a certain groups favourite mode, so that it is popping any any time of the day, on all servers. The longest I've had to wait was 15 mins, on the Leviathan, off peak......

Has this improved game quality, no, it's made it more lopsided, the 'vets' are grouping and wiping the floor, getting their kills, achievments easily. Same in pvp, only difference, at least in gsf while you are being used as a mop, you still get a bucket load of points, and gs. pvp it's just gs

Edited by DarkTergon

Congratulations then on your Pirate Incursion win. That's completely different than your other posts where you said the only weeks you had a chance to win were the ones where all the planets were available and crafting guilds were beating you out there. Most likely the GSF events pushed you over the top then.

I didn't say Operations were pointless, I said they were pointless for winning Conquest. Big difference there. I'd like you to point me to any guild that has won conquest consistently primarily focusing on Operations.

Have you heard of Renown rank farming? Operations provide great renown to a lot of people while being fun to run and having additional completion objectives.

As far as crafting, another made up boogey man with the Cartel Packs. It seems every time a "free" mats argument is shot down a new one appears.

Sure, address it then.

Lets look at the start-up costs for doing "Crafting for Conquest" (We'll even assume everyone has a 150% stronghold bonus so we can focus on the other costs and strongholds is not necessarily tied directly to crafting). To start making millions of CQ points in GSF you need to be level 10 (not sure if that is even true, you might be able to do GSF at level 1). That's it. No gear needed, no companions needed, no guild bonuses needed. To score "millions" of CQ points with crafting you need to get to level 10 (same as GSF) then you need to acquire the necessary crafting and gathering skills (no real cost there). In order to craft you need mats. To get mats you need credits, jawa junk, or gather them yourselves. How long do you think it takes to gather enough mats to make hundreds of items (using the 1 crafting mission makes 1 item approach). Days to weeks is the answer (I won't even go into how dumb - and unsustainable - getting mats from selling stuff bought with real money is). In addition at that low a level your crafting times will suck and your companion is too low level to help out (unless you level them up which is lots of additional credits). To be efficient at crafting you need to have the right gear too, which you have to gain through some other means. All in all,crafting has a much higher Conquest entry bar than any other content in the game (except perhaps Operations).

Credits are not an issue to some, especially those IRL wealthy people who can afford a lot of cartel items to sell on the GTN. That means the argument of low levels and companion levels is irrelevant. As for the availability of items on the marketplace, we're talking about months of prep time which is more than enough to gather enough materials. I was crafting 10k attachments a week and the market wasn't close to drying up, and that's about 1.5mil conquest points in war supply crafting ticks built up. A single dedicated crafter could stock up to 20 million points within a few months, and that's just theory-crafting using my numbers. Now multiply that by the number of dedicated crafters in the guild (usually at least 2 or 3) and you have enough conquest points to take on a guild twice your size, the end results being a guild that keeps more players entertained will lose to a guild that prepped by clicking Craft a lot, with materials they could have gotten with cartel money. And that's without taking botting into account.

100 players is 50 million, 200 players is 100 million, not sure what "getting them to put in the effort" has to do with that considering how little effort it actually is. Just doing the GSF weekly for Galactic Seasons- which ticks as you do the dailies at no extra effort - gets you almost to the 5 ship mission total.

Because I actually have experience trying to get people to play GSF for those objectives and you can't force your guild members to do it.

You have read the posts where former crafters are saying they are playing GSF because its easy CQ points, haven't you. The argument about GSF is not specific to your guild, though you seem to take this quite personally. The point simply is that the system can be abused for lots of CQ points via GSF just like it was abused for crafting (and yes I do believe there were people abusing the system but do not believe the extent of the nerf was warranted)

It can be abused in TGW and CiH, but it's not gated by being wealthy or abusable by bots nearly to the same extent. You also can't stock up tens of millions of points doing GSF for months and drop it on competitive weeks like Pirate Incursion.

As far as encouraging diverse gameplay goes, the current system does nothing of the sort. GSF and WZ are highly favored and heroics and Operations are disfavored. With the unbalanced way GSF and WZs are rewarding, people who only play GSF (or WZs) do not have to even touch other content they "don't like". Having only specific content infinitely repeatable each week does force people to play content they "don't like" if they want to be efficient.

I'd argue WZ is not very favored, it takes a lot of effort due to the wins requirement and doesn't reward amazing amounts of points. Heroics are still good for the daily objectives, you can get 150k points per heroic run a day by doing single ones+bonus on several planets (each single mission+bonus on a planet is about 20k). Flashpoints are good for the Renown rank-up objectives and sometimes they have extra daily objectives for specific FP's, Operations are great for Renown as well and have their own daily objectives for completion. There's also Star Fortresses and Planetary Weeklies which are quite lucrative.

That's a variety of content right there.

Edited by Eli_Porter