KotEE is driving me insane.

TheVoyant

I don't want to post any spoilers, but I feel like I'm being punished for enjoying the game too much up to this point.

The story is still good and enjoyable.

But the levels themselves and all the not using your character parts are god awful. Its like someone decided "hey you know what would be cool? Lets replace the main character with a mouse droid or a walker that goes goes slower then a grandma with a walker."

Honestly the game has been great but these random wanna be Metal Gear Solid meets Zelda puzzle quests have go to go.

Games shouldn't feel like a chore.

I don't want to post any spoilers, but I feel like I'm being punished for enjoying the game too much up to this point.

But the levels themselves and all the not using your character parts are god awful. Its like someone decided "hey you know what would be cool? Lets replace the main character with a mouse droid or a walker that goes goes slower then a grandma with a walker."

Honestly the game has been great but these random wanna be Metal Gear Solid meets Zelda puzzle quests have go to go.

I loved the walker quests.

Besides litterally only 2 walker chapters and 1 brief mouse droid quest in the entire game

Then later one droid walker thing you control on iokath briefly.

Personally I like them mixing it up like this so it's not all the same old stuff

Besides litterally only 2 walker chapters and 1 brief mouse droid quest in the entire game

Personally I like them mixing it up like this so it's not all the same old stuff

They'd be fine if they were optional.

I find them awful, especially since it really feels like you'd go faster on foot and be more effective.

The Walkers are hella clunky and slow, but for me the worst thing about the KotFE/ET chapters is the amount of skytroopers. It takes all the fun out of it and I skip KotFE/ET and all my alts because of that. It's just filler and they use too much of it.

I can get by the story being force class-centric. I can get by the story actually not making sense half the time and I can even get by the stupid commander title and not actually being an outside viewer on the main story of the Valkorion soap opera.

But it's just too much of a drag altogether because of that filler content, in particular the waves of skytroopers, so until that changes, I'll keep skipping that part of the story on new alts.

Nay, I actually liked the mouse droid quests, they were cute and fun.

You say you don't like puzzle quests. By their definition, puzzles require thought, so just because thought isn't your thing, don't penalize the rest of us by telling the writers to avoid introducing more puzzle quests.

Agreed, shaking things up a bit is nice.

I don't mind the walkers, but you go from flying around feeling free, to suddenly being stuck in this tin can than moves slower than a snail, and feels as if everything you do in it has you stuck in molasses, they need to boost the actual speed of the walkers, so that they feel more like mounts. I think variety is good, :) Edited by DarkTergon

I hate the droid missions. Its only going to get worse. You don't defeat Arcann, Vaylin or Valkorian with your skills.

Yeah you're really just there for the story as a spectator and you get help or special abilities temporarily and still everybody is like wow, you beat X enemy as if you did it yourself. 6.2 is along the same lines. So it hasn't ended yet.

The difference in story telling is that in vanilla the events of the galaxy were a background for your personal story. You get close to some parts of it but never too close. Starting with SoR you get the front seat and are in the midst of the galactic affairs. But the front seat is not the performance. And indeed, how would you destroy the greatest enemy of the galaxy itself on your own? That would make you equally powerful. And therein lies the problem because it's a SW tradition for the light side to band together and defeat the great threat together and therein lies their strength. But this is not the way of the Sith or dark side at least. So why are we suddenly all forced to follow light side ways? And not just once but since then this has been the MO. So it all feels wrong from a dark side pov.

Perhaps it is time to add grey sith and jedi into the mix because the dark side ways are only permitted for npc's now.

Nay, I actually liked the mouse droid quests, they were cute and fun.

You say you don't like puzzle quests. By their definition, puzzles require thought, so just because thought isn't your thing, don't penalize the rest of us by telling the writers to avoid introducing more puzzle quests.

I don't mind puzzle quests if they're fun to play, I grew up with that sorta thing like most of us. I don't hate that you liked em, but they seem pretty divisive. In my personal view they just feel generic and tedious, not mentally challenging or difficult per say but a chore.

Yeah you're really just there for the story as a spectator and you get help or special abilities temporarily and still everybody is like wow, you beat X enemy as if you did it yourself. 6.2 is along the same lines. So it hasn't ended yet.

The difference in story telling is that in vanilla the events of the galaxy were a background for your personal story. You get close to some parts of it but never too close. Starting with SoR you get the front seat and are in the midst of the galactic affairs. But the front seat is not the performance. And indeed, how would you destroy the greatest enemy of the galaxy itself on your own? That would make you equally powerful. And therein lies the problem because it's a SW tradition for the light side to band together and defeat the great threat together and therein lies their strength. But this is not the way of the Sith or dark side at least. So why are we suddenly all forced to follow light side ways? And not just once but since then this has been the MO. So it all feels wrong from a dark side pov.

Perhaps it is time to add grey sith and jedi into the mix because the dark side ways are only permitted for npc's now.

Good points. Your idea for adding grey sith/jedi makes me think about the grey jedi areas in vanilla;

Ardun Kothe, Duras Fain, Ashara Zavros, Kira Carson

Having dark side choices for jedi and light side for sith (in vanilla) means there's lots of grey jedi/sith out there already.

I'll put in a request here for my personal favorite grey Jedi; Ardun Kothe. I'd LOVE to have a Kothe-centric story and LI option. If they can make Arcann salvageable and make him an LI they can do so with Kothe.

Regarding OP's complaints; IMO it would've been better to offer the walker/droid as side quests and not make the community participate in order to go through the story. OP's post reminded me of so many others of the same frustration with Kotfe/et when they first came out. At this point I just say Kotfe/et is what it is. If I choose to play it I have to take it the way it is. That doesn't mean there can't be some changes/additions though. I have requested before, and will again here, that players be given the choice to bypass kotfe/et with the ability to choose light/dark and LI/not.

‿︵o‿︵‿︵o‿︵‿︵o‿

2020 人人人ヾ( ;×o×)〃 人人人

2021 o/

Best wishes to devs and all for a happy and peaceful new year.:hope_07:

I wish we had a better way to skip KotFE/ET. There are parts I like, and parts that are a huge drag that prevent me from starting more characters through there, even though I like a lot of the post-FE/ET content. I wish I could skip individual chapters and pick the critical choices myself. I would happily take everyone through to the end if I could skip that way! No more walkers, no more mouse droids, no more Dragon's Maw and no more mindscapes!

To be brutally honest, the walker mission is the sole reason I never finished KOTET on any toon. To this day, I'm missing a number of those cheevos. As bad as KOTFE is - at least I finished it.

OP, I recommend skipping KOTFEET directly to Jedi Under Siege/ Ossus storyline if you can.

If you're letting a couple of missions, that probably take less than 15 minutes a piece to do, prevent you from finishing any sort of solo story content... Arguably the problem isn't so much the game as it is you.

I played it once on Pub side, only Spirit of Vengeance left. Finished it on Imp side, just have to do the Satele and Spirit. That's it for me. All the rest of my characters will be skipping it and taking whatever ending the default story gives you. I can't imagine doing it on all my characters.

If you're letting a couple of missions, that probably take less than 15 minutes a piece to do, prevent you from finishing any sort of solo story content... Arguably the problem isn't so much the game as it is you.

"respect others in their view, " I guess you don't live by your quote. You're showing very little respect to his view.

Sure you made it, aren't you brilliant. But it's not just rian that has issues, there are plenty of people with issues against. This is just another example of people belittling others because they can. You've no idea why he finds it difficult. And it doesn't matter, he does and that's it. If he wants to skip it, that's his choice.

I tend to agree. The walker missions are not hard and not long to do. They can easily be completed in a few minuets. Currently doing them for the 24th time and still have 2 more characters to go.

To skip the whole thing because you don't like to do a couple of short easy missions is nonsensical. Just bite the bullet and do it instead of whining about it.

Edited by denavin

I tend to agree. The walker missions are not hard and not long to do. They can easily be completed in a few minuets. Currently doing them for the 24th time and still have 2 more characters to go.

To skip the whole thing because you don't like to do a couple of short easy missions is nonsensical. Just bite the bullet and do it instead of whining about it.

Sure you made it, aren't you brilliant. But it's not just rian that has issues, there are plenty of people with issues against them. This is just another example of people belittling others because they can. You've no idea why he finds it difficult. And it doesn't matter, he does and that's it. If he wants to skip it, that's his choice.

They'd be fine if they were optional.

I find them awful, especially since it really feels like you'd go faster on foot and be more effective.

I was helping a friend to get the MM chapters done. On Voss the owner of the instance has to use a walker, but I was able to run by foot and use my own abilities. What we basically did... I ran ahead and cleared the way, as I was able to kill the trash a lot faster by foot. So yeah, definitely more effective without the walker. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.