Feedback on the Feast of Prosperity Event

MaximusRex

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the rather outlandish idea that there would be a cooking event in the middle of a galactic war and the cooking event is held on the planet only known for sin, the new event offered a good blend of solo and group activities. That doesn't include the fact that most players are killers and scoundrels that are now expected to be waiters and cook O_o.

The good

Nice level of conquent points awarded versus work needed.

Always nice having more decos and other tyos added to the game.

Lets any character, regardless of gear, doing most activities (except world bosses).

Food fight was a creative achievement.

The bad

Bugs. This is a constant across all events though so nothing uniqyue.

Spotty awards. After all these years of decorations we still could not assemble a full kitchen.

Ridiculous travel required for the world bosses and rishi npc. Strgonholds and weekly heroic shortcuts help, but holy heck.

The hard mode of cantina rush is not hard it just takes waaaaay longer. Rewards should be increased or something.

The pipes on rishi have a horrible spawn time. Nothing detracts from enjoyment like showing up to a bottleneck just to have players try to screw each other to the click. Some decent people are creating groups as a work around to this issue.

Edited by Drew_Braxton

Outside of the rather outlandish idea that there would be a cooking event in the middle of a galactic war and the cooking event is held on the planet only known for sin, the new event offered a good blend of solo and group activities. That doesn't include the fact that most players are killers and scoundrels that are now expected to be waiters and cook O_o.

Is not gluttony a sin? And who better to do a gluttonous event than a couple of Hutts.

Respawn timers for single player objectives never need to exceed 1 minute. TBH, 30 seconds would be ideal for an event since it has a limited time frame. Fortunately, they provided "outs" for us so we could skip the hassle.

People are also feeling like the hard version of the serving daily isn't rewarding enough. I look at it like this... It gives you the ability to finish the weekly on a character in just 2 days (vs 3). You don't have to do it. Seriously, though, it's only like 2 or 3 minutes longer than the easy one. You're probably spending more time staring at pipes if you're not very threatening.

I could be wrong about this, but I think the 2 hard versions of the dailies are counting as heroics on the conquest Missions: Heroic objectives. Somehow I reached Pinnacle without actually doing planetary heroics.

The small food arrangements can be slid next to the Mek-Sha Pirate Couch. The food arrangement's base shows, but the food itself doesn't clip with the Pirate Counch.

https://i.imgur.com/gd4LVmX.jpeg

The Meal for Three deco is mildly frustrating for me. The table has three place settings, but isn't wide enough to place a chair/seat in front of each setting without cramming the seats very close together. I went with spreading out three chairs, but one setting is going to be a bit odd with the drink closer to the seat than the food.

https://i.imgur.com/seg9xyN.jpg

I agree with others that not having cooking/kitchen appliances as decos for the Feast of Prosperity is a missed opportunity. The stove and grill in the cooking challenge would have been nice decos. As well as the prep tables with food on them. Otherwise, the only indoor cooking appliance deco I know of is the Underworld Cooking stove.

The Meal for Three deco is mildly frustrating for me. The table has three place settings, but isn't wide enough to place a chair/seat in front of each setting without cramming the seats very close together. I went with spreading out three chairs, but one setting is going to be a bit odd with the drink closer to the seat than the food.

https://i.imgur.com/seg9xyN.jpg

I agree with others that not having cooking/kitchen appliances as decos for the Feast of Prosperity is a missed opportunity. The stove and grill in the cooking challenge would have been nice decos. As well as the prep tables with food on them. Otherwise, the only indoor cooking appliance deco I know of is the Underworld Cooking stove.

SO true! We've been asking for kitchen decorations for years. I'd love to have the stove, grill, flash freezer, and preparation island as decorations. Maybe they could even add the stove hood as a Medium wall deco.

I'd also LOVE to have the hutt's couch, since the only hutt couch deco we have right now is human sized, LOL!

Overall, I love the new decorations and found them worth the effort to obtain. Thanks, devs!

My only complaint right now is that I got a nasty mail message for threatening Navolii on Rishi, even though the only reason I threatened her is because I was tired of waiting in line for 30+ minutes to click some pipes...

My only complaint right now is that I got a nasty mail message for threatening Navolii on Rishi, even though the only reason I threatened her is because I was tired of waiting in line for 30+ minutes to click some pipes...

Yeah, hopefully Tuesday's patch cuts that respawn timer down by 90%, and preemptively cuts whatever respawn timer is associated with next week's part of the story down, as well.

Edited by ceryxp

Did anyone who did the pipes get a nice message, or just us bold people get the nasty one...lol

Did anyone who did the pipes get a nice message, or just us bold people get the nasty one...lol

You only get a follow-up message if you steal the bottle of wine and/or intimidate Navolii (the Rodian). Both come from Jozdit (the Weequay).

Edited by ceryxp

Why is going back to Lucky on Corellia? What happened to Tatooin and Narr Shaddaa WB? Shouldn't be random should be as described: Tatooine, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa, Corellia, and Belsavis, What if your trying to get Qyzen at the same time? Random could theoretically get Corellia three days in a row. Edited by RameiArashi

Thanks both, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter where I stand. I've noticed it only happens on the second go - so yesterday I did the easy version fine then wouldn't trigger the animation for the timed version. Today it's let me do the same timed version that I had outstanding, but the easy one doesn't work - tried a whole bunch of times standing in various places. My suspicion is if I leave the planet, go do other things it'll probably work then.

Without being there with you, I can't suggest what the problem might be. Make sure the 'cursor' is on the 'grill', is about all I can suggest. The last couple times I did that quest, I just picked up the ingredient, rotated to face the grill, clicked the icon, centered the cursor over the 'grill' (in particular, not just the whole oven), and clicked. Perhaps you are not placing the cursor directly on the grill bars?

Strange, I got the letter from my BH character about threatening and she didn't threaten, she did the pipes. Must be a bug.

I've been turning my Alderaan SH main room into a banquet hall with all the decos, so I like that part.

I appreciate them having a WB component because for many chars, I did the WB's back when you could do them one-on-one, but you could only do the ones on the lower worlds that way (I think the hardest world I had done was Quesh).

After they made them not solo-able, there was a time after they released Qyzen's companion mission people would group up, but again, that was a few years ago.

Now finally I have a chance to add it to my 'Codex' on the "older" server I play on (not doing the event on the other servers yet)

One thing I'd like to see for all the furniture in SHs: actually being able to SIT in a chair (or a throne), Lie on a bed, sit on a couch, etc, etc. Somewhat like the chairs on your spacecraft, where you can actually sit in the different chairs.

I know you can use the /emotes, but it just doesn't look the same.

I've searched all the posts and I can't really believe that this issue hasn't been addressed.

"J4-SN Chef Droid" is too noisy!

It makes a terrible noise and is very jarring and annoying. This droid forced me to mute on some missions.

I have no idea why this "Chef" makes a jarring mechanical sound instead of the delicious Sizzle Sound.

If you have difficulty changing the sound, please at least turn down the volume. Please.

Without being there with you, I can't suggest what the problem might be. Make sure the 'cursor' is on the 'grill', is about all I can suggest. The last couple times I did that quest, I just picked up the ingredient, rotated to face the grill, clicked the icon, centered the cursor over the 'grill' (in particular, not just the whole oven), and clicked. Perhaps you are not placing the cursor directly on the grill bars?

Apologies, I missed this. It was fine for the first couple of days, then intermittent. Now it's every time sadly, so I've mostly had to leave it be. Using the un-timed version I've stood everywhere in the room and adjusted the target to cover pretty much every variation and it doesn't fire. I can sometimes get it to work by leaving and doing another mission and coming back later, but only the easy - the timed version is pretty much guaranteed not to work unfortunately.

"I was commander of the Eternal Fleet. I was the Champion of the great hunt. I defeated both Emperor Valkorian and the famous Jedi knight/Sith lord Revan.."

"That's great man, I'll take another steak, and be snappy with it or I'll tell the Hutts"

"yes sir, right away"

Yeah, this event makes sense.

Edited by Jamtas

With the weekly mission given by the Hutts, I enjoyed the first week's Rishi mission more than this second week's Mek-Sha mission. I enjoyed the Rishi mission because there were a variety of choices with the final part, the part involving the Selonian. Players could tailor their choice at that point to fit their character. With the Mek-Sha mission, there isn't a way to tailor the end of the mission to a player's character. I've only had one choice -- make the charitable deliveries, with the only variations being how gruff a player's character is while doing so. When I chose for my character to be brusque, the deliriously happy recipients pretty much ignored my character's less than friendly behavior.

I'd have preferred to have the choice as to whether to make the deliveries as Duuba wanted or as Gaboorga wanted (to the gang leaders). And, not soley as an Imp or Pub choice. I have some Imp characters where philanthropic behavior fits, and some fairly surly Pub characters who would have given the deliveries to the gang leaders. Instead, all of my characters have only the one way to complete the Mek-Sha mission.

Not even the most callous of my characters would harm the recipients of Duuba's gifts, because ... ew. However, I do have characters that I don't see as going out of their way to make orphans and down on their luck adults happy by traveling around and handing out credit-filled goody bags.

I experimented with declining Duuba's Mek-Sha mission to see if that generated an option to make the deliveries to the Mek-Sha gang leaders. It didn't. I could return to Duuba and still do the Mek-Sha mission, though.

I am curious about the third week's mission.

"I was commander of the Eternal Fleet. I was the Champion of the great hunt. I defeated both Emperor Valkorian and the famous Jedi knight/Sith lord Revan.."

"That's great man, I'll take another steak, and be snappy with it or I'll tell the Hutts"

"yes sir, right away":D

Yeah, this event makes sense.

you're looking for something to make sense in a universe with space wizards, and magic light swords.....🤣🤣🤣

Don't forget some of the 'normal' non event missions have you doing strange stuff, like burning garbage, digging holes, fixing stuff. ;)

you're looking for something to make sense in a universe with space wizards, and magic light swords.....🤣🤣🤣

Don't forget some of the 'normal' non event missions have you doing strange stuff, like burning garbage, digging holes, fixing stuff. ;)

Also keep in mind that you are only supposed to be "helping" in the kitchen. It's not as though you've actually become a cook or a waiter. It's more like some politician doing a photo-op at the homeless shelter. 😂

Also keep in mind that you are only supposed to be "helping" in the kitchen. It's not as though you've actually become a cook or a waiter. It's more like some politician doing a photo-op at the homeless shelter. 😂

You are also a droid when you are serving the customers so ....

Overall ... while it is "interesting" .. I just can't get into this one like I do the snowball fights during Lifeday !

Dunno why ... just a little awkward or something.

Just me ...

I guess I was looking for something a little more "light hearted" for a break !!

Not that big a deal really.

For those that are enjoying it .. that's cool ! I hope that they are having a blast !

Overall ... while it is "interesting" .. I just can't get into this one like I do the snowball fights during Lifeday !

Dunno why ... just a little awkward or something.

Just me ...

I guess I was looking for something a little more "light hearted" for a break !!

Not that big a deal really.

For those that are enjoying it .. that's cool ! I hope that they are having a blast !

You can get the food cannon (might even be an achievement for it), now you can cover people in food, snow & tinsel, as well as the sparkly blue & red stuff from the vendor

Edited by DarkTergon

Space magic , they shrink us and put us in the drivers seat of the droid.....or maybe just some nifty remote control ;)

It's actually kind of like this ...

Well sort of !

You are a "droid" as Casirabit said. In any case I just couldn't really get into this event for some reason !

You can get the food cannon (might even be an achievement for it), now you can cover people in food, snow & tinsel, as well as the sparkly blue & red stuff from the vendor

Yeah ... I saw that !

Kind of reminded me of the "Blues Brothers" Animal House... Ummm .. Nah ! I'll pass on that one ! Just doesn't seem right for some reason (even for a game). Just not my style I guess. ( Crusty old man syndrome ???? ) :D

Edited by OlBuzzard