Legacy Ignore is a Bad Idea

kevinrex

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same, had nearly 200 'Unknown' legacies (probably gold sellers), the rest probably trolls. Started fresh, and within the first min I had my first re ignore.

Same. I had all these unknowns which were from gold spammers. So I ended up deleting all my ignores. I guess if someone is still an A hole in the future, it’s not hard to put them back on ignore.

In all honesty, Bioware probably should have just done that from the start because it’s not hard to start another list. At least a new list lets you know who you’ve started to ignore and when you see them on one of your Alts, you don’t have to guess why they are on the list.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

For my taste the legacy ignore function is not going far enough.

On the german server we have this one dude, who literally owns everything. He dictates prices. He buys up everything and list it again at insane amounts. For example we have hypercrates listed at 850 million atm. Everything beneath is immediatly bought and relisted. I know buying and reselling is a reasonable market strategy. And i'm fine with that. But if you have the funds to triple all prices and all what is stoping you, is the maximum amount you can list items at, something has to be done. Apart from that, it's an open secret that these toons, this one legacy, is funding multiple creditseller sites.

Why am i not allowed to legacy ignore this guy AND everything he owns and sells will not show for me on the GTN? He even mocks people on a different toon, and wants to convince people that he is the nice guy and sells hypercrates for „only“ 600+ million.

Please let me ignore him, and everything he lists on the GTN. Thanks,

Sounds like an easy way to sell hypercrates for 500 million all day long. Post them, and let him buy them up?

Here's one negative of legacy ignore:

Last night I was in a flashpoint and one player seemed to be afk, or just hanging back. Someone started a vote_kick on the player, but being the laid back guy I am, I voted "no".

Then the player left, I think before the vote even ended**.

Shortly thereafter I got a whisper from the player saying something about how nasty I was to kick them out. I tried to respond with "I voted no", but the player had blocked me. 😏

So now my whole legacy - some of the most easy going characters to group with, imho - is blocked by that guy. 🙂

Note - @ that player, if they happen to read this - anyone can start a vote_kick - not just the "leader".

Don't quit the group until the vote ends. 😏

Don't block someone until they have at least one chance to respond to your whisper. 🙄

(btw, been there, done that. 🤐 )

** as usual, I was in no condition to pay close attention. 😉

P.S. Don't get the wrong impression. I'm actually in favor of Legacy ignore, but it can be unfortunate some times.

Edited by JediQuaker

Here's one negative of legacy ignore:

Last night I was in a flashpoint and one player seemed to be afk, or just hanging back. Someone started a vote_kick on the player, but being the laid back guy I am, I voted "no".

Then the player left, I think before the vote even ended**.

Shortly thereafter I got a whisper from the player saying something about how nasty I was to kick them out. I tried to respond with "I voted no", but the player had blocked me. 😏

So now my whole legacy - some of the most easy going characters to group with, imho - is blocked by that guy. 🙂

Note - @ that player, if they happen to read this - anyone can start a vote_kick - not just the "leader".

Don't quit the group until the vote ends. 😏

Don't block someone until they have at least one chance to respond to your whisper. 🙄

** as usual, I was in no condition to pay close attention. 😉

P.S. Don't get the wrong impression. I'm actually in favor of Legacy ignore, but it can be unfortunate some times.

They may or may not be a decent player., maybe they were having a bad day, or perhaps they are 'that' person all the time. But if he's going to send a message like that, then block you before you respond, then it's his loss.

I've always been in favour of legacy ignore. It will have teething problems, and sometimes unintended consequences, but hopefully not too much.

Edited by DarkTergon

Probably started that way, but decent people hijacked it, and had some interesting convos in it, so it doesn't really matter. If the admins aren't going to remove it as a <Redacted> post, nothing wrong with us chatting about the ingore feature, and having fun ;)

You make a fair point. It's really turned into more of a conversation between everyone else about why they support the function and not really even acknowledging the OP anymore. Carry on, then, I say!:jawa_tongue:

You make a fair point. It's really turned into more of a conversation between everyone else about why they support the function and not really even acknowledging the OP anymore. Carry on, then, I say!:jawa_tongue:

Besides, the OP didn't bother to reply to anyone in the past 5 days since he started the thread so it's fair game I say.