Can't log into DM, World loading. Stuck on character screen

-Ashton-

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deleting Bitraider worked for me. However...

I completely logged out and quit game yesterday and had to delete Bitraider all over again this morning. I thought deleting it once would save the deletion configuration. I was wrong.

I'm fortunate that when it goes through verification process it is just the latest patch and not the entire game.

Problem for me is I sometimes get the 'double overlapping music bug' -- particularly on Alderaan. The only way for me to fix that is to quit game entirely. If I have to DL patch every time I quit the game I will be...

Vexed, and Greatly So.

Dasty

That's weird. It sounds like there's a permissions issue somewhere -- this happens sometimes when a game doesn't have proper Read/Write authorization to a file. Maybe Bioware flagged the files with the wrong permissions?

I rebooted but was able to log in with no issues. My launcher is set to run as admin. I use Bitraider.

How is yours set up? Really curious to know if this is the issue...

Hi folks,

Thanks for the reports concerning the issue with the Character Selection Screen.

Our team is currently looking into it. I will let you know when I have more information about it.

What has it been, 3 days since Biowares last yellow about this issue? I guess they don’t care if people give up on the game :(

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I thought they fixed it last night. I logged in and saw that my characters were available again, but it was late so I just logged off again and went to sleep.

I just logged on again this morning to see if I would still be able to access my characters, but no. It's back to "Not Ready" again....

This completely solved the issue for me, if you have a GeForce driver I highly recommend you try this as it only takes 5 minutes and saves a complete reinstall.

I would recommend reverting to April, and make sure you follow the instructions listed under the UPDATE.

Edited by Spintrec

For every person who posts here, you can guess there are 10s, 20s, 100s that don’t, especially new or returning players.

I can only imagine how many have just said **** this and uninstalled the game and will never be back. It’s absolutely ridiculous that it’s now 4 days since many people have reported the problem here and BioWare have gone AFK and leaving it up to players to fix or letting them uninstall and walk away from the game for ever.

The community manager needs to be sacked!

This completely solved the issue for me, if you have a GeForce driver I highly recommend you try this as it only takes 5 minutes and saves a complete reinstall.

I would recommend reverting to April, and make sure you follow the instructions listed under the UPDATE.

But I haven’t got the said driver. My latest nvidia driver update was in February.

But I haven’t got the said driver. My latest nvidia driver update was in February.

Then how about this question?

If you are having the "Not Ready" message with the 0% progress bar problem, what video graphics card maker do you have installed on your machines?

Do you have an ATI graphics card or chip? Or do you have an nVidia card or chip? Or do you have some other video graphics card or chip installed on your machine?

I have an Intel CPU and an nVidia card.

Edited by WorldSmasher

Adding myself to the pile. AMD chip and graphics.

Yesterday I was able to play after a pc reboot, but today that hasn't worked after several attempts. Also followed the steps from same email response many of you got, didn't help. Tonight I want to play some swtor and cannot.

Same problem here. It has persisted since the patch and no workarounds seem to change anything. Couldn't log into my characters even once. Launcher verifies 100% game files and the game load smoothly but then it's the "Quick play mode" message.

I'll wait for a fix, because full new non-streaming download seems a bit too much right now.

If it helps anyone - AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU, did not update video drivers since December.

Edited by Nightfallforce

You tired both guides for the suck at 0% and switching to the non streaming launcher?

I tried the first one and then the second one. In both cases, it only works if I delete the BitRaider folder every time I log in. In fact, it seems to keep trying to overwrite the launcher settings file, so I just went back to the first one fix, as at least I can get in by continuously deleting the BitRaider folder..

I have played this game from beta, although I took a few years off, and never saw such a thing.

The files can be found if you enter this in the windows explorer:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Hope I could help :-).

Thanks for this; I wish I'd known about this a few years ago!! Every time I get a new computer, or end up reinstalling, I was faced with a right pain in the **** of re-doing my Interface and keybinds (both of which were different for each class, and even the specs!). Massively helpful solution here. I've copied my settings folder to a backup. Thanks again for this!

Edited by kritikiller

I guess the devs said **** it and don't care. I mean the easiest fix would be rolling back the update until they figure out what broke for some and not others.

You realize they are working on it right? I know it's hard but be patient

They aren't going to loose that many permanently. Most will come back.

That’s the sort of bull **** attitude Bioware have towards the game. Do you work there by any chance as I’m sure where you get that from. But people are in discord, Facebook and Twitter about never coming back.

I’m about to unsub if it’s not patched tomorrow. And even if I come back, that will be lost revenue for Bioware.

And lets face it, the game is running on fumes as it is and everyone who doesn’t come back is a nail in the coffin.

This game needs more people not less and for every person who posts here about leaving, there are 10x or more who just leave silently

Edited by TrixxieTriss

where did it say they are working on it?

edit, NVM found it :) hopefully they can sort it soon :)

Can you link it, I can’t find anything except a post on the 24th that says they’ll get back to us.

Hi folks,

Our team is currently looking into the Character Selection Screen issue. I will update you when I have more information.

There is nothing there to say they are working on a fix