Can't log into DM, World loading. Stuck on character screen

-Ashton-

Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's patch.

I don't think this issue is mentioned.

Yep, they are still investigating it “apparently”. This is going to be another one of those “too” hard basket items and will be left for player to find a work around.

I can only imagine how many players they will lose because of this. Even people who might not have the problem might leave if their friends leave because they can’t play with them.

This really should have been at the top of the priority list and why it’s not is beyond me.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This damn **** started all over again today *** Bioware are you asking me to quit this game because this is just complete crap i went through hell deleting and downloading that last time and now i get the same issue less then a week later i cannot access any of my characters FIX THIS **** I AM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE GIVING YOU MONEY FOR THIS KIND OF CRAP GAME MANAGEMENT if it is your intention to ruin the gaming experience of so many people then mission accomplished you have certainly alienated players and thier friends who now must wait to see if they will be allowed to return because you removed thier access. I have played this game since launch 2011 and have 23537 hours playing here and this is the worst of many stupid releases you have managed to throw at us if were your boss i would be replacing you all for your incompetence. This is not how you treat the people who pay to support this game it shows to me that you dont really care about the continued success of this game and the complete disregaurd for the many people who have stayed and by doing so keep you employed. Edited by CaptainBlackjack

This damn **** started all over again today *** Bioware are you asking me to quit this game because this is just complete crap i went through hell deleting and downloading that last time and now i get the same issue less then a week later i cannot access any of my characters FIX THIS **** I AM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE GIVING YOU MONEY FOR THIS KIND OF CRAP GAME MANAGEMENT if it is your intention to ruin the gaming experience of so many people then mission accomplished you have certainly alienated players and thier friends who now must wait to see if they will be allowed to return because you removed thier access. I have played this game since launch 2011 and have 23537 hours playing here and this is the worst of many stupid releases you have managed to throw at us if were your boss i would be replacing you all for your incompetence. This is not how you treat the people who pay to support this game it shows to me that you dont really care about the continued success of this game and the complete disregaurd for the many people who have stayed and by doing so keep you employed.

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

This damn **** started all over again today *** Bioware are you asking me to quit this game because this is just complete crap i went through hell deleting and downloading that last time and now i get the same issue less then a week later i cannot access any of my characters FIX THIS **** I AM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE GIVING YOU MONEY FOR THIS KIND OF CRAP GAME MANAGEMENT if it is your intention to ruin the gaming experience of so many people then mission accomplished you have certainly alienated players and thier friends who now must wait to see if they will be allowed to return because you removed thier access. I have played this game since launch 2011 and have 23537 hours playing here and this is the worst of many stupid releases you have managed to throw at us if were your boss i would be replacing you all for your incompetence. This is not how you treat the people who pay to support this game it shows to me that you dont really care about the continued success of this game and the complete disregaurd for the many people who have stayed and by doing so keep you employed.

They are working on it. I understand your frustration but they are working on it.

So it's almost a week, subscription is running, no information and no game.

I'm a patient person, i'll wait. But it would be nice and satisfying to receive at least some form of apology or compensation for the situation on our hands, since we're an aggrieved party here.

Sincerely hope that bug will be dealt with soon, since re-downloading whole game is currently not an option.

So it's almost a week, subscription is running, no information and no game.

I'm a patient person, i'll wait. But it would be nice and satisfying to receive at least some form of apology or compensation for the situation on our hands, since we're an aggrieved party here.

Sincerely hope that bug will be dealt with soon, since re-downloading whole game is currently not an option.

However many days we couldn't log on, we should get that many days to play for free with full access, and no loss of special promotional rewards.

Edited by WorldSmasher

This thing is driving me insane... Most of all is the fact that I can't figure out which fix is going to work today. Will the easy one of restarting the game and my PC do the trick? Oh no, today is the delete the Bitraider + Logs folders, then wait around while the launcher is verifying its files for the better part of 10 minutes day! Did that work? No? Restart again. Finally works. Wow, it took 20 minutes to lauch the game, well done! Edited by Khaelmin

Are you sure ? It works all the time for me. It's annoying.. but it's way easier to do than messing with game files and having to download again .

Sometimes I log out for dinner comeback and login and I get it. So I restart the PC and about 50% of the time it’s still there. I’ve even left the PC off and come back a few hours later and tried and it’s still bugged.

Then other times I restart and it’s gone straight away.

What ever is causing this bug is pretty weird as it’s so random and different things fix it for some and not others.

6 dyas now with this Fuc*ing issue. After delete Bitraider folder many times, many trys, i get full acces, last time i login full chars option was monday, yesterday after 4 trys cant acces, todays after delete/reboot/use repair launcher utility 7 times still CANT acces full chars... Just only chars that still on started planet...

FUSTRATING, wrote many tickets... got mail with info with steps to solve this... dont work...

and i dont know if will be solved... Fustrating...

I've been having this issue as well since patch day and found that if I stop and exit the game and attempt to initiate a new session that I get the stuck on character select screen. I found out that I had to restart my PC as my daughter had logged into her account from my PC and was able to access all her toons but when I logged into my account on the same PC I could not.

If I recall correctly, wasn't this an issue that popped up with the cache not clearing some years ago? I recall it too happened after a patch and was causing problems and Bioware had to do an emergency patch for the cache to be cleared during the log in start up sequence.

Hope this helps as a memory jogger for the devs.

If I recall correctly, wasn't this an issue that popped up with the cache not clearing some years ago? I recall it too happened after a patch and was causing problems and Bioware had to do an emergency patch for the cache to be cleared during the log in start up sequence.

It had been discovered that with 6.1.2, the SWTOR process itself (and a few dependant dll's) were not properly terminating, even though they do not show up on the active process list. This was discovered by accident early on when one tried to delete the SWTOR game data folder to do a clean installation, and found said files to be still in use. With no terminable process listed (and without some advanced process usage experience), the 'simple' process was to reboot to clear the hung files from use, when they could be deleted without issue.

This is not an OS issue, but bad coding in the application itself, which all tests revealed to be limited to the bit-raider enabled versions. Disabling bit-raider and re-installing using the non-streaming process ( link ) was the only '100%' solution to be found to correct the issues and resume 'regular' usage.

PS: It would also be helpful if the "Community Team" would lock these threads that have devolved into ongoing rants (justified as they may be) where solutions have been posted, many times over, only to be further buried in the TLDR of more ranting. (and sticky the solution so it does not get buried)

Edited by Kaveat

I use the restart work around for now, which works 100% of the time for me. What also seems to work is leaving the game running 24/7. I just log off my windows account to let the computer sleep when im not playing. I'll come back and be logged out in game(to server selection screen). when i go to log back in it is fine.

i did just get a weird error saying unable to authenticate account. i had to exit out completely and restart the game. and it was bugged again forcing me to have to restart computer now. I wonder if this has anything to do with security key. Is anyone that doesn't have a security key getting this problem?

So absolutely now news about what's causing it and a fix ?

They might think it's not on their end as it seems to be an Nvidia driver issue ? Does rolling back to previous version of the driver fix it and does anyone with non nvidia card have the problem too ?

It's weird that they don't communicate with the players at all about this issue that is annoying for a lot of us. My personal fix has been the PC restart.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

So absolutely now news about what's causing it and a fix ?

They might think it's not on their end as it seems to be an Nvidia driver issue ? Does rolling back to previous version of the driver fix it and does anyone with non nvidia card have the problem too ?

It's weird that they don't communicate with the players at all about this issue that is annoying for a lot of us. My personal fix has been the PC restart.

I don't think it's an nVidia problem...

Adding myself to the pile. AMD chip and graphics.

Yesterday I was able to play after a pc reboot, but today that hasn't worked after several attempts. Also followed the steps from same email response many of you got, didn't help. Tonight I want to play some swtor and cannot.

AMD own the ATI graphics GPUs...

It had been discovered that with 6.1.2, the SWTOR process itself (and a few dependant dll's) were not properly terminating, even though they do not show up on the active process list. This was discovered by accident early on when one tried to delete the SWTOR game data folder to do a clean installation, and found said files to be still in use. With no terminable process listed (and without some advanced process usage experience), the 'simple' process was to reboot to clear the hung files from use, when they could be deleted without issue.

This is not an OS issue, but bad coding in the application itself, which all tests revealed to be limited to the bit-raider enabled versions. Disabling bit-raider and re-installing using the non-streaming process ( link ) was the only '100%' solution to be found to correct the issues and resume 'regular' usage.

PS: It would also be helpful if the "Community Team" would lock these threads that have devolved into ongoing rants (justified as they may be) where solutions have been posted, many times over, only to be further buried in the TLDR of more ranting. (and sticky the solution so it does not get buried)

Thank you! It's good to know exactly what is happening (if not why). I'm currently re-downloading after switching to the non-streaming launcher. Sooo sloooowwww... but worth it if I never have to see this problem again.

:rak_02:

When is this going to be fixed? I have not been able to log in in nearly two weeks ... none of the proposed fixes work for me.

Yesterday, when I started up the game, I noticed that there was a new message on the game screen (like when there's a new feature. they put the X for close the message, a box with a green checkmark, and then the message, which said that there were some "new graphics" features.

I'm thinking that Blizzard reset my graphics settings in inVidia's GeForce Experience. that is, because after I clicked on the green checkmark in the in game message, the screen went to the loading splash screen then went back to the game screen. I checked my GeForce Experience graphics settings for the game, and found them "not Optimized."

I usually click on the "Optimize" button to max out the graphical quality of the game. So, I clicked on Optimize again. When I logged into the game again, I had the problem from before. So, I logged out again, and in GeForce Experience, I clicked on "Revert," going back to the "not Optimized" settings.

When I logged in, I was back in business. That was yesterday. Today, I logged in again, and I was able to get in the game again.

If you have an nVidia card, see if you are Optimized. See if you could click on Revert. It might, or might not work.

Can confirm this works, folks, disabling bit-raider did the trick for me. Just disable it as it says in the link and then run the launcher again. Expect a big download, so I dunno, free up some disk space and play some Solitaire.

Perhaps if they employed programmers rather an 16 year old interns this mistake and the nonsense with crafting skills being reset from 700 to 600 would not happen, or at the very least actually get fixed rather then just sitting there. Still, just because I pay subs....