I wish all playstyles had tons of new daily repeatable conq. objectives!

Stradlin

I think your opponents are just simply trying to silence you, because they like the way things are now. People are very resistant to change, especially once they get their way.

What Bioware should do if they're not going to add more Conquest objectives for group activities to improve personal goal completion times for those playstyles is figure out how much a number of Conquest points are equal to a block of activity time and build everything around that. They then could tie Conquest points to how much time an activity takes so they are relatively equal in value. There would be exceptions of course, because they can't control for if a player goes on a winning or losing streak in PvP or gets bad PUGs for FPs and Ops or can actually get a group together to run heroics.

Fact they didn't look into this any closer at testing phase is mind boggling. All multiplayer stuff was simply bypassed when they """rebalanced""" conquest. I hope they fix it soon. BW absolutely should have staged couple of mock conq races on test server or somethng like that to get large guilds involved. Just to get multiplayer stuff happening and popping. It would have helped underlining the huge imablance of this better.

I don't get how anytone, a player or developer can look at objective list of any given week and not see it in urgent need of repairs. This is the harsh reality: https://i.imgur.com/nc32fRe.png

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coming patch seems to be taking couple of steps to right direction for sure! Itching to find out if GSF is included in " play pvp" -objectives.

From patchnotes:

New Conquest Objectives:

Play PvP 2 – Daily Repeatable, 2000 points

Play PvP 3 – Daily Repeatable, 3000 points

Win Arenas 2 – Daily Repeatable, 3000 points

Win Arenas 3 – Daily Repeatable, 4000 points

I really hope " play pvp" includes GSF!!. These make PvP(and hopefully GSF) bit less wretched as sources for conq for sure.

I wonder why they chose to kill off "win a match" infinitely repeatable from normal unranked and GSF. . It'd be well in line with spirit of pvp and all.

We have 100 daily repeatables orbiting planetary missions every single week while no multiplayer-exclusive content manages even 10% of that amount during a typical week. 100 dailies isn't the problem, all multiplayer content being vastly inferior is. Lessening this huge disparity so all other playstyles would have even a dozen or so unique daily objective dings each day would go a long way.

Soloable planetaries remains a vastly superior path to conq. vs all other content. The upcoming planetary mission nerf lessens the ridiculous disparity a tiny bit though. Buffing all other content would have been more important than nerfing planetaries. . The nerf ensures most of the mobs you kill for Slayer II objective will be in Heroic areas since you wanna do two missions/planet now. It slows the life of a speedrunner a tiny bit. Since he prolly wants to get those 50 mobs killed anyway, he won't be slowed down much.It is a very sensical nerf to make, def not as drastioc as it could have been. It prevents one from getting 50k exclusively via planetaries in under 10 mins or so. Folks who bring home 300k conq/day or so via planetaries won't be slowed down much I guess. All depends on wether you usually did slayer II before moving on or not. If yes, likely you won't see a huge difference.

If you bothered reading this or the other threads, you would see that everyone tried to help him, tried to be reasonable.

By the sounds of it, he actually has read these threads and seen first hand how..reasonable you for example have been. All in all, I was extremely surprised just how hateful people get when encountering somebody who claims glaring flaws in game mechanics they like. I Amount of venom thios has brought out in some ppl is a bit staggering. When crafting a narrative, it'd help you a great deal if ppl weren't able to dig up all these threads you speak of and just finding out how ..constructive some folks have been.

Have you ever spoken about conq rewards of multiplayer content needing more love in any context besides posts where the beef of it all is some rant about me or my posting? Like..can you point out a single post where its just you discussing multiplayer conq. objectives instead of using this alleged support for it as a staging ground for yet another post about me?

Edited by Stradlin

Problem is, these dev's don't 'slightly' nerf anything, they are bulls in a china shop, and are more likely to break cq, then balance it.

No, it is slight. From the patch notes.

So you have to do two heroics instead of one to get the planetary objective. As has been pointed out, quite frequently, many people are going to go to a planet and do all of the heroics anyhow, so this change isn't going to affect them at all. This will only impact those who like to go to one planet, do the easiest/shortest heroic, then go to another, and another, etc., thinking they're getting Conquest done quickly when in reality they're just limiting their options for other characters.

No, it is slight. From the patch notes.

, do the easiest/shortest heroic, then go to another, and another, etc., thinking they're getting Conquest done quickly when in reality they're just limiting their options for other characters.

It is the fastest path to tons of conq. Nothing limiting about it. Do one(or two now) missions, get 50 mobs killed and move on. Swiitch to another character once you reach your conq. target and keep right at it. No matter how fast you are, changes are you run out of playtime before you run out of planets. Be as fast as you possibly can and it'll still be like 4-5 hours. And hey, can do it all over again tomorrow. This way, you can easily reach a phase no other playstyle manages.

Fully agree the nerf is a very minor one. People who prefer to do all the missions on a planet won't notice it. People who rather earn tons of conq fast on multiple characters/day are prolly after slayer 2 on planets before moving on anyway and thus barely notice it.

Removing infinitely repeatable from winning a match like they did to GSF and PvP..and just removing daily objectives entirely like they did to GSF..theres some nerfs you can expect to truly notice. Specially if they take place as a part of a patch that boosts overall conq earned by everybody else by 400%

Edited by Stradlin

New conq week started. PvP(and Dare I hope GSF?!) objectives PROMISED IN PATCH NOTES 2 WEEKS BACK are nowhere to be seen.

Patch notes state:

New Conquest Objectives:

None of these are a thing.

Edited by Stradlin

New conq week started. PvP(and Dare I hope GSF?!) objectives PROMISED IN PATCH NOTES 2 WEEKS BACK are nowhere to be seen.

Patch notes state:

New Conquest Objectives:

None of these are a thing.

I don't generally do Warzones, but I presumed that these were set up to show only when the first tier was complete.

Complete Tier 1, Tier 2 shows.

Complete Tier 2, Tier 3 shows.

Is that not the case?

I don't generally do Warzones, but I presumed that these were set up to show only when the first tier was complete.

Complete Tier 1, Tier 2 shows.

Complete Tier 2, Tier 3 shows.

Is that not the case?

Omg looks like you are right. They were just careless when writing the patchnotes. Patchnote should talk about " Fight For Glory 2", not " play pvp" I kept hoping and looking for some brand new conq objective. I assumed " play pvp" would be kinda like GSF&PvP-exclusive Socialite -ding. But nop.

Instead, They buffed Warzones exclusvely. AND COPMPLETELY LEFT GSF OUT AGAIN. Despite GSF ALREADY BEING EVEN WORSE CONQ than WZs. nice. thanks bioware. Very disapponted at you. I'm assuming Michael Backus is no longer in the team? I'm certain he'd not allow garbage like this.

Edited by Stradlin

6.1.1 increased overall conq of ppl in general by 400% or something. However, GSF GOT NERFED. WHY??

At this point, GSF and WZs were in pretty miserable condition, with WZs bit better off.

In Swoop patch, they take steps in right direction and buff..WZs and WZs alone. EXACTLY WHAT is the terrible thing that would happens if you allowed GSF pilots get decent conq via GSF??

6.1.1 removed infinitely repeatable for winning in GSF. In addition, couple of occasional daily repeatables for GSF that used to show up in past are not showing up anymore.WHY?`!

Does anyone know if Michael Backus has left Bioware or SW:TOR dev team at least? He is the brilliant mind mostly responsible for creating GSF. I assume he'd not allow garbage like this.

Edited by Stradlin

so is this your new thread now after "conquest lost all shape and purpose?" and your "will not rest until they nerf it back?" :rolleyes:

He's not to blame for BW making design changes to the game. I know you frustrated with the small guild conquest nerf, but you ought to keep the focus on the real ones to blame, that being BW.

If you bothered reading this or the other threads, you would see that everyone tried to help him, tried to be reasonable. I think dasty said it best when they said

Most people even agreed thaat these areas needed boosting, but he kept changing what he wrote, edited his posts, etc. Kept attacking CQ, trying to pull it down, even complained about mats, etc. This isn't about him, it's about keeping a good system in place, which has brought in more players than any other CQ system. Does it need work, yes, we all agreed it needed work, and even when we agreed with the op, he still went on a rant.

Problem is, these dev's don't 'slightly' nerf anything, they are bulls in a china shop, and are more likely to break cq, then balance it.

I've read enough to see that a witchhunt is going on. And it is absolutely incredible to see how much power a small group of people on the forums have. It is disturbing and it stifles conversation and rational debate about game suggestions and criticisms of game aspects. No matter how ridiculous or rational someone's argument was, they don't deserve this kind of treatment.

No, it's not about him. It's about silencing dissenting opinions and keeping anyone out of the clubhouse that the clique you are a member of don't approve of.

he's actually putting it in to other threads, and making more threads.

I've seen that … and ignore as much negative stuff from him (and others) as possible. This is no longer about equality of play. It's become something else altogether.

wise words!

Thanks Tofu_Shark, it can be tough or intimidating to speak out in these situations and point this stuff out. I'm grateful you did. Hopefully thread stays on topic going forward. :)

While speaking of patch notes.. Here's 6.1.1

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4212020/game-update-6.1.1

Goals and intentions discussed in patch notes are worlds removed from what actually happened. Patchnotes mostly speak about making Conq more accessible to low level players. " Our goal with these changes is to make Personal Conquests relevant to all character levels, not just those at end game content." That's the literal headline and lead-point in patch notes. Meanwhile, in reality, what 6.1.1 acually did was turning almost all multiplayer- exclusive content into hot garbage when compared to rate&volume of conq soloable planetaries bring. Across all levels. For every day and every week.

If we assume this stuff in patchnotes makes a sincere attempt to explain logic and reasons behind major changes, then the whole new conq system seems like some massive oversight: "plan" was to make it more accessible to lowbies. Side effect was putting an end to most multiplayer content being a good source for conq. ooops

Edited by Stradlin

I've read enough to see that a witchhunt is going on. And it is absolutely incredible to see how much power a small group of people on the forums have. It is disturbing and it stifles conversation and rational debate about game suggestions and criticisms of game aspects. No matter how ridiculous or rational someone's argument was, they don't deserve this kind of treatment.

No, it's not about him. It's about silencing dissenting opinions and keeping anyone out of the clubhouse that the clique you are a member of don't approve of.

Utter and complete rubbish.

I created my own thread saying that I agree PvP, GSF, and Uprisings should award more Conquest points. They did that for PvP, not for the latter two. I FIRMLY support all three awarding more points.

Look it up.

No one is treating him badly. He simply wants GSF to award more points. Very, very few disagree with that point.

It's his nonsense about how planetary dailies are impacting GF PvE that people are nailing him on -- b/c he is flat out lying and wrong. And it will remain that way until he posts a video showing he can get gear via planetary dailies vice Flashpoints.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Utter and complete rubbish.

I created my own thread saying that I agree PvP, GSF, and Uprisings should award more Conquest points. They did that for PvP, not for the latter two. I FIRMLY support all three awarding more points.

Look it up.

No one is treating him badly. He simply wants GSF to award more points. Very, very few disagree with that point.

It's his nonsense about how planetary dailies are impacting GF PvE that people are nailing him on -- b/c he is flat out lying and wrong.

Dasty

I'm not reading the rest of the material that's presented … but I'm guessing there is some deliberate attacks and descension aimed at solo players again ?? When the simple fact is that every guild benefits more than the solo player.. and grip play still grants large packs (not small ones as rewarded for individuals) ?

So .. yes Dasty .. you're right on target.

I find it quite convenient that aside from times when you (and perhaps one or two others) remind everyone that (most) everyone KNOWS that PvP and GSF need an overhaul (Not just another buggy mission) … That aspect of the game needs a good old fashion shake down !! Period !

And yes .. again you are also correct that I'm sick and tired of picking through someone's post … isolating a phrase (that suits someone's "needs") … then blatantly misconstrues what has been said in order to draw a false conclusion.

This does not represent a small minority or "club" this does seem to be the consensus of the general population. I would also note that MOB RULE has never been my position either.

Edited by OlBuzzard

g. And it will remain that way until he posts a video showing he can get gear via planetary dailies vice Flashpoints.

Dasty

Bypassing all the ad hominem and pecking and stuff and focusing on the quoted part alone.

Lets skip the videos and stick to math!

If you have max lvl chars in high yield guilds:

You get 100 fragments for personal target, 500 fragments for guild target. You should also add to that the 100 x fragments from each renown ding you earn from completing those missions that took you there.But hey, let's just forget about those for now. So 600 fragments. High yield crate gives you 8 x gear pieces. Small crate for personal target is 3 pieces. We can decide all the gear you just got is pure garbage and turns into fragments.That's like 80 more fragments. 680 fragments, ignoring the renown dings. From 10-15 mins of work.

Lets say this person has 10 max lvl characters that he brought to conq target this week.. Total of 2.5 hours of playtime over 1 week. . 6000 fragments as mission rewards alone. Add the renown dings that give 100 fragments each. Add to that 110 pieces of mods/gear that you can use or turn to fragments,. Add couple of - good- set items that prolly showed up when popping those 10 crates.

Of course, mileage varies. If all characters are in a small yield guilds instead, legacy of those 10 characters settles with 4000 fragments as reward and mere 30 items.

If we speak of legacy that only has 1-2 characters, then conq is largely pointless from personal pov: You get to target with close to 0 effort and won't get all that much out of it in terms of rewards. SO yeah, mileage varies.

You and your 30 chars bring how many fragments/week exactly? Have you ever counted? Assuming you still doing low yield and assuming they are max lvl, that'd be 12k fragments/week exclusively from planetaries and amp clicking. Don't sound half bad.

Go do some FPs or Ops for 2.5 hours and see what you get.

Daily planetaries are the best way to get tons of conq fast. Getting tons of conq fast is a great way to get gear. Therefore, daily planetaries are a great way to get gear. Are they the BEST way to get gear? Eh, prolly not? Go do some FPs and see what you get? Over 6k fragments in few hours? Better keep real busy lol. More good set items than you get from conq crates? Maybe, I dunno.

Of course, running planetaries/doing conq on 10-30 different chars is also a great way to generate a lovely, iinflation enticing amount of new shiny cresits to this world and in your pockets to boot. Plus you get 1 mil/week/char in GTN if you feel like selling encryptions/matrixes/mats.

Edited by Stradlin

6.1.1 increased overall conq of ppl in general by 400% or something. However, GSF GOT NERFED. WHY??

At this point, GSF and WZs were in pretty miserable condition, with WZs bit better off.

In Swoop patch, they take steps in right direction and buff..WZs and WZs alone. EXACTLY WHAT is the terrible thing that would happens if you allowed GSF pilots get decent conq via GSF??

6.1.1 removed infinitely repeatable for winning in GSF. In addition, couple of occasional daily repeatables for GSF that used to show up in past are not showing up anymore.WHY?`!

Does anyone know if Michael Backus has left Bioware or SW:TOR dev team at least? He is the brilliant mind mostly responsible for GSF. I assume he'd not allow garbage like this.

Coming from someone who does GSF at least 5-6 days a week. I'm good with how GSF is right now for conquest. This way we don't get the Conquest farmers in GSF who will just ruin matches by not trying or Intentionally sabotaging matches. Do other activities while in queu for GSF and you'll be fine with conquest.

i am sure the five people who actively play gsf are very upset

i know i shouldn't respond to remarks that are entirely unhelpful and not intended to be constructive but hey here's a fact: https://i.imgur.com/eSUsDXX.png

The (unofficial) GSF Discord server has 653 members right now. And I'd know, since I run it. That's not even the whole community, either; that's just people who cared enough to join the server.

RE: the OP, yeah it would be nice if conquest was at least on par with what warzones get. That said, if they aren't going to do anything about the dead weight farmers who don't even try (and despite many years of reporting, they aren't) maybe this is for the best.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Daily planetaries are the best way to get tons of conq fast. Getting tons of conq fast is a great way to get gear. Therefore, daily planetaries are a great way to get gear. Are they the BEST way to get gear? Eh, prolly not? Go do some FPs and see what you get? Over 6k fragments in few hours? Better keep real busy lol. More good set items than you get from conq crates? Maybe, I dunno.

I do know. Thank you for acknowledging that multi-player PvE is the best way to gear. Hence the reason it has not declined. Not only does multi-player PvE award more Tech Fragments, it awards different types of gear b/c of weighting.

Stick the landing bud. Just say GSF should get more. It's really not that complicated.

You're big on vids and screenshots. Do a video of three hours of FPs / Ops vs. 3 of dailies. I GUARANTEE you which one will be more rewarding in terms of gear.

Best thing to do is combo, but you already know that.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Stick the landing bud. Just say GSF should get more. It's really not that complicated. You're big on vids and screenshots. Do a video of three hours of FPs / Ops vs. 3 of dailies. I GUARANTEE you which one will be more rewarding in terms of gear. Best thing to do is combo, but you already know that.

Wow, this brought real tears to my eyes! It's so nice to see you two patch things up and be civil to one another on the forums! It just shows, no matter what, love always gets us through hard times.

The (unofficial) GSF Discord server has 653 members right now. And I'd know, since I run it. That's not even the whole community, either; that's just people who cared enough to join the server.

It was estimated last year that the approximate active player base for this game is around 100k (including subs, preferred, F2P). That number may have gone up or down a bit since that report was released, but if we assume for the moment that it's still relatively accurate, your "GSF community" constitutes roughly .0065% of the player base. Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and generously round that figure up to account for the GSF players not in your Discord to say .01%, that's still only one percentile of the player base.

Do you honestly believe that any amount of Bioware's eviscerated development resources are going to be expended on such a miniscule portion of the player base? And even if you manage to become a very vocal minority (as we've seen in the past on these forums), complete with your own #GSFmatters hashtag, it would be an extremely irresponsible use of development time to spend what little they have on such an insignificant portion of the player base. That's not meant to be derogatory towards GSF players, but there's far bigger fish to fry - far more issues in this game that affect far more players that demand their attention - than this tiny niche called GSF.

Edited by Mournblood

I do know. Thank you for acknowledging that multi-player PvE is the best way to gear. Hence the reason it has not declined. Not only does multi-player PvE award more Tech Fragments, it awards different types of gear b/c of weighting.

Stick the landing bud. Just say GSF should get more. It's really not that complicated.

You're big on vids and screenshots. Do a video of three hours of FPs / Ops vs. 3 of dailies. I GUARANTEE you which one will be more rewarding in terms of gear.

Best thing to do is combo, but you already know that.

Dasty

Lets stick to that 15 min timeframe though. 15 mins is your MM HS run in good grp steamrolling with scavenger, slicer and without wipes. 15 mins is also what it takes for somebody to ding conq target via planetaries and/or amp clicking. So yeah, 15 mins makes a pretty useful slice of time to use here.

I just did a random MM FP. Due to some totally mysterious reason, Hammer Station popped. Took a hair under 16 mins from start to end. 1st FP of the day so got extra fragments from there. Nothing remarkable dropped as loot, so all of it turned into fragments too. Grand total of 484 fragents made in bit under 16 mins. Also, 15k conq earned from the run. (soccialite dinged also, so 20k if you wanna include that. ) HS MM is by far the most common thing to pop. However, over half of the FPs you see prolly won't be that. If you wanna get the random FP rewards (few gear crates and 100 fragments), you need to accept that the LFG tool dice just might bring you something much slower than HS.

At any rate, I got 484 fragments and 15k conq in 16 mins by doing HM HS.

Compare that to 600 (or 680 if you break all the items) fragments and 50k conq you bring in 15 mins when touring planetaries and/or clicking some amps with a char who sits in a high yield guild.

Or compare that to 500 fragments you bring in if your char is in medium yield guild.

Assuming you do 100% random FPs and assuming that 1the random FP is always one of the 15 min ones, then maybe that FP run was a tiny bit better fragments than running planetaries and clicking some amps in a low yield guild is.That'll earn you 400.

So it is not about combo as much as it is about composition of your legacy. Most certainly if you are in a high yield guild. Got 30 max lvl chars and spending, say, 8 hrs a week to bring them to target? Boy does planetary tour and amp clicking reward you handsomly. Over 10 mils in credits from encryptions alone. Around 20k fragments if in high yield guild. If only one high yield crate in 10 gives a good/rare set item, that's 3 set items a week to boot.

I'm guessing you yourself have at least visited medium yield with your 1 man guild? I mean, you've mentioned brining 30 chars to target/week. That's 1.5 mil conq right there. At least medium planets feel within arms reach I bet.

What if somebody is spending that 8 hrs/week by playing just 1-2 different chars? Then personal aspects and rewards of conquest are pretty irrelevant for you in every way. You reach the conq target without having to pay any attention to it. You get nothing much out of it. If you only play 1-2 different characters, then whatever activity this game recognizes as a " playstyle" you do during those 8 hrs is likely better gear, better money, better xp and better everything than conquest.

Conq is a huge deal for somebody who plays, say, 10-40 characters a week. Meanwhile. personal requirements and rewards for conq are borderline irrelevant for somebody who plays 1-3 characters or something.

Edited by Stradlin