I wish all playstyles had tons of new daily repeatable conq. objectives!

Stradlin

I'm not reading the rest of the material that's presented … but I'm guessing there is some deliberate attacks and descension aimed at solo players again ?? When the simple fact is that every guild benefits more than the solo player.. and grip play still grants large packs (not small ones as rewarded for individuals) ?

So .. yes Dasty .. you're right on target.

I find it quite convenient that aside from times when you (and perhaps one or two others) remind everyone that (most) everyone KNOWS that PvP and GSF need an overhaul (Not just another buggy mission) … That aspect of the game needs a good old fashion shake down !! Period !

And yes .. again you are also correct that I'm sick and tired of picking through someone's post … isolating a phrase (that suits someone's "needs") … then blatantly misconstrues what has been said in order to draw a false conclusion.

This does not represent a small minority or "club" this does seem to be the consensus of the general population. I would also note that MOB RULE has never been my position either.

Maybe mob rule isn't your position, but I have certainly seen it from a small group of regular forum participants that act like they alone know what's best for the forums and game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was estimated last year that the approximate active player base for this game is around 100k (including subs, preferred, F2P). That number may have gone up or down a bit since that report was released, but if we assume for the moment that it's still relatively accurate, your "GSF community" constitutes roughly .0065% of the player base. Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and generously round that figure up to account for the GSF players not in your Discord to say .01%, that's still only one percentile of the player base.

Do you honestly believe that any amount of Bioware's eviscerated development resources are going to be expended on such a miniscule portion of the player base? And even if you manage to become a very vocal minority (as we've seen in the past on these forums), complete with your own #GSFmatters hashtag, it would be an extremely irresponsible use of development time to spend what little they have on such an insignificant portion of the player base. That's not meant to be derogatory towards GSF players, but there's far bigger fish to fry - far more issues in this game that affect far more players that demand their attention - than this tiny niche called GSF.

Such a classy move to put GSF Community inside ""Scare Quotes"" for that little extra oomph my dudef!!

It would make quite a bit more sense to compare sizes of SW TOR's discord channel and GSF discord channel. TOR's discord has bit over 3000 people or thereabouts. Ofc, more or less everybody present in GSF channel is also there to build the numbers of TOR's general disc. channel.

Having said that..yeah, GSF community is small. Quite a few healthy MMOs are all about small communities interacting, overapping and doing their thing That's a big part of that first t M in an MMO rly.

If there is a pretty unique and -interesting- shared currency that all these small and larger playstyles/sub-communities share, it prolly is not a great idea to just start screwing over some of your sub communities while rewarding others in obscenely generous way.

In this context (=Conq rewards earned via GSF were turned into pure garbage for some reason) community being small matters..how exactly? Conq points aren't literal real world rare mineral that is produced in limited quantities inside a literal conq mine and then distriobuted to all those wanting. If GSF got rewarded bit more fairly again, it'd not take anything away from those who don't do GSF.

Edited by Stradlin

i

RE: the OP, yeah it would be nice if conquest was at least on par with what warzones get. That said, if they aren't going to do anything about the dead weight farmers who don't even try.

Only conq farmers anyone ever noticed are the nightmare scenarios who just AFK there. I mean..I guess I was a conq farmer and I prolly pull my own weight in most matches. Typical person doing GSF for conq in no obvious way differs from a typical pilot. If that typical farmer kinda liked GSF but r-eally- liked conq, he prolly isn't sitting in queue pool anymore. Instead, he is busy soloing some Balmorra HC inside his personal instance.

That wretched conq farmer and the typical pilot both are brand new at GSF at some point. While starting to figure it out, they/we all totally have been sitting with 0 - 2 - 8 stats at the end of DM or something.

I can kinda see various points in (d)evolution of this game where it maybe made sense for some conq farmer to sit semi afk in a pvp/gsf match for conq. What is the point for that farmer to do so now? I mean, you get to conq target in 10 mins by clicking amps ,placing deco and doing a single hc. Alternative to that is semi afking in GSF for 90 mins. Takes pretty exotic overlap of different needs, motivatios and..ambitions for it to seem desirable.

Conq farmers aren't there in any great quantities. . If they were to add infinitely repeatable from winning and couple of more daily repeatables..it'd prolly not bring em back. It would just reward ppl who like GSF with bit better conq. Besides, good matches happen when both teams are equally good..or equally bad. Couple of ppl not contributing is less important than couple of ppl not contributing ending up split evenly to both teams.

Edited by Stradlin

Coming from someone who does GSF at least 5-6 days a week. I'm good with how GSF is right now for conquest. This way we don't get the Conquest farmers in GSF who will just ruin matches by not trying or Intentionally sabotaging matches. Do other activities while in queu for GSF and you'll be fine with conquest.

People keep saying this. Who are these terrible conq farmers who'd show up to GSF the moment it comes a tiny bit more rewarding? You get to conq target in 10-15 mins every day and every week now. Why go through the hazzle of sitting in GSF matches for conq? In current conq system, we talking about some really odd mixture of overlapping motivations before afking in pvp matches for some conq starts looking like a thing. . Also, again, typical conq farmer who likes GSF well enough doesn't differ from a typical pilot in any obvious way. You only ever notice the nightmare scenarios. Many of whom are prolly there to grief, not farm conq.

Edited by Stradlin

People keep saying this. Who are these terrible conq farmers who'd show up to GSF the moment it comes a tiny bit more rewarding? You get to conq target in 10-15 mins every day and every week now. Why go through the hazzle of sitting in GSF matches for conq? In current conq system, we talking about some really odd mixture of overlapping motivations before afking in pvp matches for some conq starts looking like a thing. . Also, again, typical conq farmer who likes GSF well enough doesn't differ from a typical pilot in any obvious way. You only ever notice the nightmare scenarios. Many of whom are prolly there to grief, not farm conq.

There were a couple periods of time when farming GSF was the preferred method of grinding (whatever it was before Renown points - can't believe I've forgotten already).

Get in your GSF ship...wander around aimlessly, crash into things, get blown up, all while not paying attention...it was really a thing

There were a couple periods of time when farming GSF was the preferred method of grinding (whatever it was before Renown points - can't believe I've forgotten already).

Get in your GSF ship...wander around aimlessly, crash into things, get blown up, all while not paying attention...it was really a thing

Yeah. Just that we most def. talk in past tenses here. When it comes to conquest..Well, the current wonderful conq. system gives so much conq so fast and so easily that it takes a pretty strange set of overlapping motivations and conditions til you end up idling in a pvp/gsf match.

Edited by Stradlin

• 2 weeks later...

New patchnotes are out! PvP and ranked pvp in particular got tons of new objectives, which is really nice.

GSF Got compleltely skipped again when it comes to conq.

Patch that increased amount of conq people typically make by 400% or something actually NERFED conq you earn in GSF. Patch that gave well over 100 new daily repeatables actually REMOVED few daily repeatables from GSF.

WHY IS THIS BIOWARE???

- -- -

Patchnotes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/hrv41o/game_update_612b_patch_notes_heavily_focused_on/¨

Edited by Stradlin